1200 Citizens Change - THANK YOU!

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: ZBeeblebrox.4928

ZBeeblebrox.4928

Thank you guys for changing the top-tier reward to be at 1200 rescues instead of 1500. 1500 just really seemed impossible given the overflow situation and time limit, and I was honestly about to give up on the event because rewards below that top-tier are so lackluster.

1200 is still hard (highest I’ve ever been is 1,000, and we really pulled that out last minute), but it feels attainable.

So again, thank you for responding to feedback!

Posted by: darko.4501

darko.4501

If you Have 30-40 ppl working on citizen You can reach 1500 easily
But ppl dont care an prefer easy loot

Posted by: DebraKadabra.5278

DebraKadabra.5278

1500 rescues is nothing to TTS – they rescued 1702 on one run earlier this morning.

What we have been is what we are.

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Kinda mad… did 1200 in an overflow yesterday. Wish they had changed it before then! :P oh well.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: Dakota.4591

Dakota.4591

Good change.

1200 is a reasonable number, difficult but not impossible for a bunch of random people thrown together in a random overflow.

TTS I think isn’t a good comparison, as you’re able to have a greater number of people with more coordination, even if we have to manipulate the game mechanics in order to actually get our people into the same overflow. Despite the name Guild Wars, it seems the developers don’t want guilds to be able to work together under the current overflow mechanics.

DebraKadabra.5278

The whole point though is that TTS is organized enough to accomplish that, as opposed to maybe 600+ with the zerg fest.

As always though, ymmv.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Kinda mad… did 1200 in an overflow yesterday. Wish they had changed it before then! :P oh well.

I’ve only gotten to 900, but I did it twice yesterday. Wish it had already been changed too, but whatever.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

it takes 10 people in each corner of the map and you can do it

Attachments:

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

Posted by: guardian.6489

guardian.6489

It’s kinda annoying 1500 and 1700 awards nothing though.

At least give the standard citizen bags as a bonus. Or dare I say extra ulimate boxes? Working TTS to get every citizen possible was fun.

Retired Leader of TTS

(edited by guardian.6489)

Posted by: Aarean.5398

Aarean.5398

1700 rescues is nothing. Jq was getting 2k plus until the server bugged and broke for several days

Posted by: Carzor Stelatis.9435

Carzor Stelatis.9435

1200 is still reasonable – challenging, but doable without being in your server’s main instance and running TS.

Posted by: Lpfan.3578

Lpfan.3578

I once had 1268 rescued in an overflow. It’s too bad that was before the change, but I am still glad the change came!

Posted by: Panda Shepard.1248

Panda Shepard.1248

I really can’t understand you guys about overflows.
I’ve only ever gotten 1200 on overflows. My main server barely gets 700. I usually just guest to a heavily populated server so I know I’ll get into overflow at least. I’m glad they changed it from 1500. Maybe one day my main server will get there :P

Posted by: fictitiousacct.1782

fictitiousacct.1782

What I really like about it (possibly one reason they changed) is the fact that it makes it more worth it to go for the 1200 saved instead of constantly jumping overflows and doing the 100 citizen mark. At the very least, for those who want heirlooms.

DebraKadabra.5278

1700 rescues is nothing. Jq was getting 2k plus until the server bugged and broke for several days

Now, that I didn’t know. 2000+ rescues is awesome!

Posted by: ShiningMassXAcc.4735

ShiningMassXAcc.4735

I wonder if they decided to lower it now that half the people in these LA maps are just running around looting rubble since that is liking the only ‘grind’ left for many people.

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

Now, that I didn’t know. 2000+ rescues is awesome!

This might have been on release night up to the hotfix. BG had something like 6k+ rescues because the rescues weren’t resetting. Just judging by the time frame given(couple days being 2-3) that would put us back at around tuesday/wednesday.

Posted by: Spiuk.8421

Spiuk.8421

[War] (and probably [MEDx] in US) is consistently hitting 1200+ in 3 overflows now, and people seem to be more interested... yesterday the response to "We’ll taxi people in here to go for the citizens threshold" was more or less "kitten you I want to lolzerg" while now they are actually willing to cooperate (even commanders are tagging off).

Great change Anet, but your should’ve seen it coming.

Rubios – Tales of the Sunless [TXS]

(edited by Spiuk.8421)

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

In most of the overflows I’ve been in so far, most people are unwilling to cooperate. T_T

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

In most of the overflows I’ve been in so far, most people are unwilling to cooperate. T_T

That’s weird cause I just went through an overflow that finished 1200.

Why are overflows like third world countries? The people in the overflows are all the same people who are in the main servers, they’re just from all of the main servers instead of just one. They all want to complete the event with the most reward just like everyone else.

Overflows aren’t the rejects of the game, they’re just the people who weren’t quite fast enough to get into their main server

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Lambent.6375

Why are overflows like third world countries? The people in the overflows are all the same people who are in the main servers, they’re just from all of the main servers instead of just one. They all want to complete the event with the most reward just like everyone else.

Overflows aren’t the rejects of the game, they’re just the people who weren’t quite fast enough to get into their main server

Didn’t say there were no overflows reaching the 1200 mark, I just said that the ones (most) I’ve been in weren’t working toward it. I was in one where we reach 900+ earlier, and that was great, because at least a lot of people were trying.

I decided to log off for a bit after I was in one where some people were basically saying they wont bother saving citizens because they don’t enjoy it, which is fine, but yeah. /shrug. Just felt like I was wasting my time after spending most of the event saving citizens ,and we really weren’t getting anywhere.

Posted by: Spiuk.8421

Spiuk.8421

Overflows are often better than servers because it’s easier to taxi organized people in them.

Rubios – Tales of the Sunless [TXS]

Posted by: insaneshadow.1654

insaneshadow.1654

After the patch the overflows I’ve been apart of have gotten close (1000) so hopefully I can experience the 1200 citizen rescued goody bag.

Gust Root | Letum Folium | Lo Bridge | Snow Spot | Roland East | Nascharr | Bjorn Microbrew
Yak’s Bend
Lincoln Force [BOMB]

Posted by: Verdelet.3812

Verdelet.3812

Reached 1,200 in an overflow after the change, which was pretty sweet. Throughout it all, a few people were positively encouraging, congratulating and co-ordinating people on map chat – I don’t know if this is what made the difference but it feels like it did.

Tarnished Coast
Evadney (Mesmer)

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I was in an overflow today that got well over 1200. (The bag had nothing unusual in it). I confess that my goal was to get some achieves so I didn’t help too many citizens this time, and I did feel guilty about that. Otoh I only have moas and trade forum and aethers to go, along with 8 more rubble piles to find. Then I can save ALL the people!

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

It’s a positive change and shows just how much we were all struggling to hit the target (ie, nobody was hitting it).

It isn’t enough, however, as the whole thing is still heavily biased towards zerging and individual rewards and encouragements for citizen rescue are needed.

Posted by: RemiRome.8495

RemiRome.8495

TTS I think isn’t a good comparison, as you’re able to have a greater number of people with more coordination, even if we have to manipulate the game mechanics in order to actually get our people into the same overflow.

In this particular case you can manipulate the game mechanics to get everyone in main.

Posted by: Dabrixmgp.4758

Dabrixmgp.4758

we just finished with around 1300 in an overflow. But from the looks of things 75% of the people were doing civs.

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

I was in an overflow today that got well over 1200. (The bag had nothing unusual in it).

Therein lies the problem. 99.9999% of the time there will be nothing unusual in it.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Reached 1,200 in an overflow after the change, which was pretty sweet. Throughout it all, a few people were positively encouraging, congratulating and co-ordinating people on map chat – I don’t know if this is what made the difference but it feels like it did.

Having people willing to go for the 1200 helps. After the patch that lowered it to 1200 people were willing to give it a go just to see what was in the loot bag. The result was “next round we go back to farming”.

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

I was surprised that we actually went for citizens when I joined LA this evening and got into the main map. We’ve gotten around 1300 or so saved, which was really nice. I’m very glad that I was at least once present when this number is reached. Makes me feel like we’ve really done our best and that we’ve successfully saved all (or most) of the people that were still alive.

Lambent.6375

Finally reach 1200 in an overflow I was in, it was pretty nice, people were everywhere clearing.

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Thank you from me too! 1200 seems to be the right number for this. I believe 1500 would be doable once the achievements were completed. Tonight we hit 1200 on several overflows and main map. Though just now, we had about 900. Only because we had 3 pins doing the events only.

I’m finding out it’s better to not even try to kill in some situations. Kind of like the Dolyak and Moa events. Just give as many boons as possible, then aggro the mobs. I was soloing the North to East path around the Durmand Dig Site this past cycle. Just push, pull, interrupt, and aggro until they leashed. Also, waited for them to move away while the enemy is on their patrol then rezzed and encouraged the civilians.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Now all we need is a topscore per server so we can get some competition going

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Overflows can get it too. I’ve gotten 1200+ rescues 5 times now; 3 in Tarnished Coast main and 2 in overflows. You just need a decent amount of people going around rescuing civilians, and not just camped out at the Trader’s Forum farming.

But yes, 1200 seems to be just right. It’s hard, but definitely doable if you just have people willing to rescue.

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

I don’t know now…. I really like the change, but now it seems really really easy… haven’t failed yet. In the run right after reset, everyone was heirloom hunting and we still get 1200 o.o…

It’s cool though loot rocks.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.