2nd day release and dying?

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Buffy.9246

Buffy.9246

It’s the 2nd day of la destruction and it’s getting so hard to find a populated map…NA prime I have to switch like 6 times to find a decent map that still isent very populated.
What do you guys think?

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

Once they have farmed their back items and quaggan tonics there is no “story” to be done that wasn’t blatantly obvious from just the trailer. Expect abandonment by the people who went just for the carrots, which I expect to be a sizable %.

the hard core farmer zergballs will remain, but expect to jump maps to find them.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

This always seems to happen. It happened with the marionette as well. Once players have their achievements/loot, there is really no reason to do the content again. I finished this afternoon myself. I may go back in again, but there is really no incentive.

Posted by: trunks.5249

trunks.5249

It’s the 2nd day of la destruction and it’s getting so hard to find a populated map…NA prime I have to switch like 6 times to find a decent map that still isent very populated.
What do you guys think?

guest at black gate you will never run out of zergs

master jedi david

Posted by: NemesiS.6749

NemesiS.6749

I did mostly all the first day and havent got back, i entered today for some minutes but meeeh. not a fan

Posted by: siralius.9517

siralius.9517

Not sure what server you’re on but I’m always finding a decent amount of players doing this. At any given time, really.

I’m just going with the flow.
Let’s make it “Casual Friday” errday.

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

A lot of people actually don’t like farming.
Once they have the achievement meta, they’ll stop going.

Posted by: CoffeeMakesMeSmile.8172

CoffeeMakesMeSmile.8172

I think the EU servers still seem busy because I keep getting sent to overflows.

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

while the event makes sense, it doesnt really give you much that the game doesnt do better somewhere else. As far as rewards, its kinda middle ground which is ok, but really its just a ton of monsters to kill again and again without much point, you cant win, the battles arent deep in and of themselves, the events inside are pretty simple.

I think they should have designed it to have a

few dynamic event chains going on which tell a few different and interesting stories

a few standard events like most of the ones we have which are very general and pop semi randomly

and a few interesting but very random events that pop that change the flow more.

the idea is to have stories to follow, but also have interesting things to find, essentially to make every play through feel more different, and at the same time deep, and really tell the story of the ransacking of LA

Posted by: Buffy.9246

Buffy.9246

Not sure what server you’re on but I’m always finding a decent amount of players doing this. At any given time, really.

I am on tc. Can’t get into main since tc is the best server but overflows are basically empty.

Posted by: Darkoray.4570

Darkoray.4570

I’m on sbi, I’m an Aussie but had time to play this morning and was in an overflow with quite a lot of people. 3 commanders were there to. I can see it been quite tonight though.

At night I might guest over to a more Aussie populated server

Posted by: Klonex.4562

Klonex.4562

people tend to do these events quite fast because later on it’s quite hard to find a group still doing it later on.

~Krystal <3 Angela ~
~ I taught cows how to Moo! ~

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I haven’t actually been able to get into my main map yet.
Overflow any time of day really

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

Tonight I got two main/regular maps. The rest were overflows. Somebody’s playing.

Posted by: Pache.9406

Pache.9406

Tarnished Coast doesn’t have that problem (it seems impossible to get to the main map and even overflow is crowded). BUT, I have to admit that once I get enough Blade Shards (which means tomorrow), I’m done with it. Because like some already stated, there’s 0 story aside from the obvious. The only thing that might keep me from walking away from the event is maybe using some of my other characters and try to level them up.

Posted by: Riot Inducer.8964

Riot Inducer.8964

I’ve only played about 4 rounds in LA the last two days but I have yet to NOT end up in an overflow so clearly there’s still a fair amount of people playing it.

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

I got my achievement and I’m never doing this boring event again! I actually did marionette every day for the entire month. I am disappointed in this update.

Posted by: Clear.8512

Clear.8512

I play from 10pm-2am EST and get stuck in overflow all the time with active groups.

Posted by: WingLegacy.7159

WingLegacy.7159

Kaineng is low pop server now but we still get a OF at peak.

Posted by: TurtleofPower.5641

TurtleofPower.5641

Problem is it’s a goalless farm level. You only get cheevos and bags which are only a niche reward for a certain group.

It would have been cool if players had to make a choice to save one part of LA by doing that area the most or something.

Or we had to make a choice to support one “hero” faction of LA.

But as it is we’re not blind and realize after doing it twice that it’s a looping event with no player influence, and features no gameplay because it’s zergable.

So great ambiance for an update, but pretty limited draw really.

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

The fact that only 3 people showed up to do Golem on JQ yesterday at 10 pm shows people are playing…

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

It is like every living world release. If you need to do too much, people are angry that its too much and they dont have time, and if it is too little people are a.ngry that it is too easy, not rewarding.

Just follow the basics.
1: First few days, join in any overflow and youri good
2: after that, make sure you are on your home server.
3: when thats dying, guest to designated servers (check this forum to see wich one cause people will be complaining allready and will have their answer).
4: (after bout 2 weeks): the event is dead

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

What do you guys think?

How did you switch six times? You mean into different overflows? That would mean that your home instance of Lion’s Arch is full wouldn’kitten That would mean that it isn’t dying.

(edited by Pifil.5193)