A new expansion?

A new expansion?

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: I Love Root Beer.1872

I Love Root Beer.1872

Q:

So is it possible that this hints at a new expansion? Cuz I’ve been dying to hear if one will be in the works. By the way A-Net, you NAILED this LS thing. I was a little skeptic at the beginning but I was sure that was because it was a new thing. But towards the end you all really did exceed my expectations.

whoop d` friggin do.

A new expansion?

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

A:

^ That quote was not from Anet, but from the guy who ran that twitter account, who later said that the quote was ‘blown out of proportion’

That being said, I do expect new maps and all, but it’s not your typical expansion. An expansion to me is a dozen maps, a few new races, new weapons/skills/items.

The changes coming in Summer do not amount to an expansion worth anything close to $30.

A new expansion?

Posted by: Antara.3189

Antara.3189

It’s possible, but could very well be introduced through another Living Story.

I do love beer though.

A new expansion?

Posted by: Ghostextechnica.3270

Ghostextechnica.3270

Anet said in January that something “better than” an expansion was coming this year.

https://twitter.com/PersistentWorld/status/418816619825999872

I hope they didn’t mean this latest update. I mean – the living story has been awesome recently, however, of course an expansion would be more exciting given the amount of content that typically comes with one.

When I get that feeling I want… spectral healing.

A new expansion?

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

I’m sure they have something bigger than your usual 2-week update on the living story on the works. But I’m still not sure how they’re gonna deliver it. I don’t think that LS is the best suited mechanic to deliver a whole new zone or zones, new mechanics or even bigger themes like Guild Halls etc.

A new expansion?

I Love Root Beer.1872

Well, all these somewhat answer the question. I still want to know what everyone is thinking about post Scarlet Tyria.

whoop d` friggin do.

A new expansion?

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

I anticipate the new zones (wherever the ED awakens at, likely Magus Falls & Maguuma Wastelands) to coincide with GW2’s release in China as they are likely to already have those areas opened up for them. Beyond this new area (or areas) being opened up, I do not expect we will see any additional regions opened for at least 2 more years, considering it took them this long to even hint at this new area opening up sometime this summer.

There do not appear to be any new races or new professions/classes in the works to be added anytime soon and likely not even this year.

There does not appear to be any chance of a load of new skills or new weapon options for classes as being implemented any time soon and likely not even this year.

I’m not seeing much of anything on the horizon that compares to even a small $15 expansion. Sadly, I do not expect GW2 to move into boxed expansions for at least 4-5 years and even that is dependent on their forgoing work on a GW3 at that time and sticking with GW2 beyond that point.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

A new expansion?

Posted by: Mickey Frogeater.1470

Mickey Frogeater.1470

The Magus Falls and Maguuma Wastes Regions will be nice to see(as would the Tarnished Coast Region which appears to have an unexplored zone west of the Grove and east of Rata Sum and a second zone south of the Magus Falls Region).

“better than” an expansion could mean many things though a new set of zones ain’t one of them…. Evon is likely going to get permission to research in bringing things from Fractals to Tyria…

According to Game Designer Antony Ordon: “I doubt Evon’s interest in the past isn’t entirely…religious.”

What if Evon summons a Fractal version of Abbadon and brings Nightfall?…. That would be “better than” an Expansion.

(edited by Mickey Frogeater.1470)

A new expansion?

I Love Root Beer.1872

I agree frogeater. I hadn’t considered that possibility.

whoop d` friggin do.

A new expansion?

I Love Root Beer.1872

Actually now that I think about it frogeater, the Torment Hammer skin actually has Abbadon’s face on it.

whoop d` friggin do.