Ascended Spinal Blades cost!

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Wow, so much material cost for a backpiece’s stats!

Why?

Posted by: DHBM.7652

DHBM.7652

i started the LA evens with very few mats and coin (only 50g). now i have 3 exotic peices and 1 ascended. its not that expensive if you do it right.

Posted by: MadDemon.7548

MadDemon.7548

I think it’s cheaper for people capable of making ingots than it is for everyone else.

Posted by: LONGA.1652

LONGA.1652

I got lucky that hoard some leather before ascend armor crafting update.Now I got enough to craft 5 ascend backpack if I got the time to farm blade shards.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I think it’s cheaper for people capable of making ingots than it is for everyone else.

Cheapest is with leather although I am wondering if it might have been smarter to use the ingots instead. Much easier to get metal ores than to get leather. Leather is cheap now but it might not stay that way.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

It was pretty cheap for me to make it, which made me very happy cuz I wanted a zerker ascended back for quite some time (had soldier one from fractal). Now I can use my relics for alt.

I already had Leatherworking to 500 though and a few Elona leather in bank. Probably cost me around 30g to make it. Screw infusing it with 250 ectos though, lol.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

Wow, so much material cost for a backpiece’s stats!

Why?

Because it’s BiS with an uncommon skin

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: PacoXI.7690

PacoXI.7690

Considering the work needed for a fractal backpiece with limited stat options – I find the price quite reasonable.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

All ascended back item are costly.

You need to be doing a lot of fractal for a capacitor and if you want it to shine, its really costly in term of fractal relic and gold.

Most Ascended back item in the mystic forge cost 250 fine crafting material and couple of other stuff.

So the cost of the new back item, with the ability to choice the stat you want and the skin is just right.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: guardian.6489

guardian.6489

If anything it’s slightly on the cheap side.

I’m considering getting an ascended one for my Guardian or at least getting enough blade shards for it so I can get a cheap beserker stat backpiece to use as an alternative for my knight’s one. I also like getting it on my alts because it’s one of the cheapest exotic backpieces as well (especially considering you can’t pick temple exotic stats).

Before the idea of buying 250 Vials of Powerful blood wasn’t an attractive one.

Retired Leader of TTS

(edited by guardian.6489)

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

If you look at other ascended back pieces, you will see that all of them are expensive. This is no exception.

Although, it is annoying that the cost is so different depending on what crafting discipline you use.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I am hoping we can continue to upgrade/build the back pieces after this event is over… Because my leatherworker isn’t able to make the gift of battle and probably won’t be able to before this ends…

…and I’d really love the green one for my necro w/ her green and orange armor.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Pipra.7580

Pipra.7580

If you want it right now and don’t have the mats in the bank, then yeah, it’s going to cost you like 100+ gold. If you’re willing to wait for it and gather some of the materials on your own, then it’s not quite as bad.

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Think about the stat imprvement for an Ascended backpiece over Exotic. Jewelry is a better deal if you want a slot for agony resistance.

For now, I am stopping at Exotic with the blade backpiece. I have better use, stat-wise, for the Ascended materials; no point for me in splurging on something food will do better

Oh, and I like the look of other back item skins better than the blades so it is not as if I want to show it off.

(edited by Anchoku.8142)

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

It’s the second cheapest way to get an ascended back piece after Fractals.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |