Best and worst content EVER :P

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

Why the best?
The story is awesome and realy cool. The start from the attack at Lions Arch to the whole last fights with the knights and the rest.
It is so engaging and awesome I realy love it.

Why the worst?
Bugs? and you have to rely on others or craft a stupid backpack. Well first the Assault Knight bug giving no loot (If it even is a bug since there havent been a word from Devs about it has it). And then the when all knights are dead you can enter and if they are not dead you can enter with a friggin backpack.
I wouldn’t mind to fight these knights and fail and not get in to finish the story if I got something for atleast killing let’s say one or two knights… But HEY I have killed 13 and got loot once. I wouldn’t mind getting no loot if there was no timer to kill all three knights so we could get a shot at doing the next phase.
Also in that phase inside … If you fail you get nada and well try again in an hour stupid looser.

Timer timer timer timer TIMER timer timer timer timer timer! Hey why not put a timer to level to level 80 with our new toons and if we don’t they will deleate themself!

Sorry huff huff uff… Had to vent myself… -_-

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Posted by: Paciunek.2496

Paciunek.2496

Another event for Desolation (or other top servers) population only. At least my server is not even close to kill blue hologram which is pathetic.
Don’t forget all abandoned events during this fight, you have 20 mins for champion achievements or learn to solo, sucker!
Forge ugly back to even try to stomp Scarlet about 20 times, while you can’t skip 5 minutes long lesbian story. Another great achievement for equipping exotic back that I don’t even want.
What’s left for me if the only fun in this game is from doing achievements?

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

Even when i like this LS (Design, Story) it annoys me how Arenanet focus on this WORLD events like it is the BEST GW2 has to offer.
Really i dont wanna play with complete Map all day and just be 1/150 and it doessnt matter when i go afk or do my best performance – im just 1

Whats up with nice group content? (Dungeons)
Or Solo Content? (Liadri – Most People Loved this)

World Content is ok when its a Snowflake but annoying and boring when complete game is all about.

MMO´s are about the progress to be a Hero and not a Ant

(edited by Romek.4201)

Posted by: Noxaeternam.6214

Noxaeternam.6214

Honestly, I love the event.

Scarlet’s death is nice and climactic, plus we finally get to end the madness that’s escalated from the mostly silly shenanigans so far. Taking LA was a big step in the story, taking it back has proven to be exciting as well.

While I’m not a fan of the Knight fights (condis! no condis! condis! no condis! PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WP IF DEAD!!!!!!), the loot (IF you manage to get it) is worth the bother, and it’s fun to sprint to the next one with a hundred people in a massive glob, swimming through the bay and jumping out of the water. Like a school of funny little fikitten

he Hologram fight is friggin’ cool. I love it. While the Knights are little more than a slight modification of Tank n’ Spank, the Holograms require coordination, movement, attention to detail, quick reflexes, all sorts of cool elements that work really well with the style of the game! Also, I’ve seen several classes that just fit a certain role really well in the fight. Mesmers (especially GS) have proven to be excellent at dealing damage to the Prime Hologram, with their range and high damage. Guardians have a fun little niche in that one of their vitrues (Justice, maybe?) gives everyone Aegis. See UV Bomb about to hit? Pop it, and everyone around you is totally safe. Truly the most interesting fight I’ve seen from the game!

That being said…

BUGS. Fix ‘em. You’ve got one hell of a diamond here, ANet. It’s just got a few flaws. Fix ’em, and this could be one AWESOME update.

For the love of the Six, fix the Mac client.

Posted by: Esmee.1067

Esmee.1067

I think the fights are well designed. The red/green/blue knights get a bit boring since all 3 are a bit too similar, but atleast you’re not missing out when people want to kill them without zergs. The hologram is a nice concept aswell, getting to the circles can actually prove annoyingly difficult once in a while due to the laser. Nothing too challanging so people who lag during zergs aren’t completely excluded.

How-ever I, too, am very disappointed with all the bugs. First day overflows (and there were many) couldn’t even do the second bit. From there on drops are bugged (maybe?) So far I’ve got drops from the Knights once (full zerg, from 100%-0% so I do assume I managed to tag it) and I’ve done the Hologram 4 times now and I’ve yet to see a chest I’ve heard so many good things about (once again, I doubt I didn’t manage to tag.) I know drops shouldn’t be the reason to do an event once, but it a reason for me to do it twice.

Lastly, achievements that heavily rely on no-one making mistakes, or are easier when you’re leeching on other people’s effort; No free lunch, if someone pulls before enough people arrive, this achievement is generally gone. In tune and No more tricks Scarlet are way easier to achieve by tagging the boss and then afk in the safe corners. I also disagree with build your own Backbone in combination with Nowhere to Hide since it forces players to build an item they have no interest in if they can’t get on a server succeeding the Hologram-event, but I understand games need moneysinks, so what the heck.

I do wish some of the bits from the fight could be downscaled and made into a Fractal or something. But I have a similar wish every Living Story; that there was some way to replay it, just make the rewards less or RNG-based (maybe achievements only 1-time, when the Living Story is live.) I was very disappointed with the Personal Story, I wouldn’t mind a scrying pool to replay old Living Stories.

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

The event itself is okay, but the spawning of certain champions is what gets me; does the spider champ only spawn during the hologram fight? Noone seems to want to work together or we don’t have enough to help DPS her down fast enough or the eggs & I’ve counted 8 times already at my attempt at the “No Free Lunch” achievement. It’s impossible. And I know it’s supposed to be ranged.

Posted by: Paciunek.2496

Paciunek.2496

Most of these achievements are impossible for regular person now. Either you’re lucky enough to fight with group of good players, or you can waste your time doing it over and over again and fail every time.
Last uptade was an example of good design and rewards for teamwork, but this is just going back to Marionette, where you’re just 1% of your own achievement…