"Blue" spinal blade not terribly blue

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: TobyTucker.5317

TobyTucker.5317

I crafted the Dynamic Tempered Spinal Blade backpiece for my blue themed warrior. Imagine my dismay when my creation turns out to be a decidedly greenish TORQUOISE instead. What’s up with that? If your character has a red or yellow theme, you’re good to go. Green themed characters get TWO color choices, a hard green and a soft green. But if your character is blue themed or especially if you have a purple color scheme you’re left out.

I wonder if this has anything to do with the “Blue” Legendary Knight sporting yellow accents, the “Green” one having red accents and the “Red” one having faux blue accents. Is somebody at ANET colorblind, perhaps?

BTW, why do these things wag back and forth so much when you run? It’s like they’re on a swivel. You could get seasick on a long trek.

Don’t get me wrong, I think these things look awesome (if they match your particular color scheme), but like so many other aspects of this game, the implementation is a bit off and could be improved.

Posted by: Ryoki Hokishami.2756

Ryoki Hokishami.2756

I’d suggest you research with images before you craft an item like this. The fact that it was turquoise is the entire reason i crafted the back item.

Posted by: LumAnth.5124

LumAnth.5124

Then you’d just be angering the players that created a turquoise back piece.

Sorry, but a lot of people like the turquoise. I’m pretty sure it’s the only turquoise one in the game too.

Your have to remember that your not the only one playing GW2

Sorry for the typos….
I’m usually typing on my phone

TobyTucker.5317

Then you’d just be angering the players that created a turquoise back piece.

Sorry, but a lot of people like the turquoise. I’m pretty sure it’s the only turquoise one in the game too.

Your have to remember that your not the only one playing GW2

Oh, I’m sure there are plenty of people who like the turquoise, but they probably aren’t the people trying to match the “blue” backpiece with a blue color scheme on their character.

And I doubt I’m the only person playing this game with a blue color scheme on their character.

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

true turquoise is more of a bluish green rather then a solid blue.

#ELEtism

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

The metal branches are definitely blue (with veins of a rust color running through), but the end glows are more turquoise. It’s also affected by ambient lighting

http://imgur.com/a/F7P9D

I suggest previewing any item you are considering investing your time or resources in before creating it to make sure it is the look you want.

Posted by: LumAnth.5124

LumAnth.5124

On the topic of blue backpacks, there is the Fractal Capacitor, even though it can be a pain to get if you don’t do Fractals.

There’s also lightning / Wind catcher for purple / blue

I’m lucky enough that I’ve always loved Turquoise colors, and the moment they released Cyanide Dye, I instantly bought it.

I apologize if I come off as offensive, I don’t mean it.

Sorry for the typos….
I’m usually typing on my phone

Posted by: Klonex.4562

Klonex.4562

love the green for my sylvari ~ love the color green anyway.

though like the other have said, please preview the items that you’re willing to craft before crafting them.

~Krystal <3 Angela ~
~ I taught cows how to Moo! ~

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

I ran into someone who had figured out what dye colour matched it and it is apparently a colour called “teal”, which is a sort of greeny/blue.

I`m blue themed with SAB gear and its definitely nowhere near that blue.

TobyTucker.5317

On the topic of blue backpacks, there is the Fractal Capacitor, even though it can be a pain to get if you don’t do Fractals.

There’s also lightning / Wind catcher for purple / blue

I’m lucky enough that I’ve always loved Turquoise colors, and the moment they released Cyanide Dye, I instantly bought it.

I apologize if I come off as offensive, I don’t mean it.

I already have that purple lightning catcher. It’s very nice but I think you would agree it hardly compares to these spinal blades. And there just isn’t enough time in the day to do the LS events, farm for mats, spend a lot of time in WvW and do a bunch of fractals as well, so I don’t think I’ll ever lay eyes on one of those capacitors.

And I did preview the Dynamic blades but the image I viewed did not accurately portray how green it actually looks.

The point I’m trying to make is that there isn’t a whole lot of difference between the appearance of the Dynamic and the Synergetic blades.

There’s a Red Knight and there’s a very nice red spinal blade. There’s a Green Knight and there’s a very nice green spinal blue. There’s a Blue Knight and there’s… a different shade of green spinal blade. Do you see what I’m getting at?

If you want to equip one of these new blades, your color choice is red, yellow, and two shades of green. If your outfit matches those, I’m sure you’re quite happy. If you have a blue or purple outfit, not so much.