Can I do the Battle on my server please?

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Tarrek.7436

Tarrek.7436

Seriously. I chose a server when I started playing the game and I expect to play on that server. I’m sick of getting stuck in an overflow with a bunch of people who just don’t give a kitten .

Posted by: Hidori.3472

Hidori.3472

I second that.

Can’t stand this overflow system anymore. it’s just crap. sorry Anet, but it’s just that.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

So you would rather not be able to play at all but rather wait hours upon hours in queues?
Because that is basically the only other option.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: ElexOrieN.2130

ElexOrieN.2130

Seriously. I chose a server when I started playing the game and I expect to play on that server. I’m sick of getting stuck in an overflow with a bunch of people who just don’t give a kitten .

I second that.

Can’t stand this overflow system anymore. it’s just crap. sorry Anet, but it’s just that.

Agreed. I’ve missed alot of archievements because being stuck in overflow all the time or as i like to call it “Overfail”. It’s almost like people in overflows let events fail on purpose so others can’t complete the metas. It’s not good if my success as a player is dependent on others.

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

The overflows I’m getting thrown into are always spammed in German.

I don’t know why.

Posted by: Verificus.4320

Verificus.4320

So you would rather not be able to play at all but rather wait hours upon hours in queues?

Nope there is another option, stop making LS all together and focus on an actual expansion, to get some REAL cashflow. Then use said money to get more and bigger servers and expand the number of dataservers..

Posted by: Trinnitty.8256

Trinnitty.8256

the biggest problem is the event scaling system. Zerg or don’t win crap. 20 ppl should be able to kill atleast one night. Overflows kitten you for not having full map population.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Nope there is another option, stop making LS all together and focus on an actual expansion, to get some REAL cashflow. Then use said money to get more and bigger servers and expand the number of dataservers..

And how will that solve the overflow?
Are you suggesting that if they release an expansion there will be no overflows anywhere?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Keneth.6490

Keneth.6490

Funny how those aren’t the only two options in literally every other MMO in existence.

Posted by: XacTactX.6709

XacTactX.6709

They could make overflows selectable and give them numbers so people can coordinate and join their friends in the same one, also give the overflow an official meaning as a specific map, not just “an overflow”.

Anet likely didn’t want to remove the armor stats entirely because…well,
we’ve all seen what happens in games where there’s no disadvantage to taking your pants off.

Posted by: ElexOrieN.2130

ElexOrieN.2130

The overflows I’m getting thrown into are always spammed in German.

I don’t know why.

I’m german and i always end up in overflows with french and spanish players where no one speaks at least english and i don’t understand a single word.

Posted by: Verificus.4320

Verificus.4320

And how will that solve the overflow?
Are you suggesting that if they release an expansion there will be no overflows anywhere?

Read again.. the reason we have overflows is not a technology issue.. its a money issue.. there is definitely the possibility to design servers large enough to handle all overflows together right now.. But even if that were not possible money wise.. They could at the very least make overflows into instances. Where one would simply be able to select instances themselves. That would solve alot of problems..

Posted by: Gulesave.5073

Gulesave.5073

Funny how those aren’t the only two options in literally every other MMO in existence.

Yeah, but the third option sucks:

• Distribute players between multiple instances (overflow)
  • Have one instance, which can only fit so many players (queue)
  • Have one instance, with unlimited capacity (unplayable)
I should be writing.