Can we have raid's for this ?

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Ominous.7583

Ominous.7583

No I don’t want to grind moar gear like wow I just want to do this event with good players, people that can dodge correctly and know how to use the WP instead of laying on the ground dead expecting to be rezzed wasting a buff and DPS. Give the casuals there own map to waste there time failing on and give people that actually want to succeed in the event there own map plz thx.

-Ironcurtain

Posted by: Dakota.4591

Dakota.4591

It’s as I’ve been saying for a while. Any time they make a new large scale coordinated event (Tequatl, Jungle Wurm, Marionette, LA), they need to put an NPC somewhere in the zone, where someone with a commander tag, or a guild leader, or whatever criteria is decided on, can spend say, 5g, to get their own locked overflow of that zone and ferry in howevermany people they want. The player softcap/hardcap weren’t that much of a problem until ANet started implementing events that are tuned towards a hardcapped zone. If they’re going to be making fights tuned towards 150 people, they need to implement some form of deciding which 150 people get in.

Posted by: Paciunek.2496

Paciunek.2496

That’s not the spirit of teamwork and coordination, you’re supposed to be a kitten teacher during your playtime. Spend your own 100g on blue mark and yell on map chat “DODGE THIS HUGE ORANGE CIRCLE” or nobody will listen to you. You’re supposed to help those poor souls, not exclude them, and we don’t care if you don’t want to deal with them.
/sarcasm

Posted by: Balsa.3951

Balsa.3951

Would be nice

I would like also this kind of stuff be a guild mission

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

They should make skill challenges that tests your knowledge of basic mechanics as well as your ability to play your class. Anyone who fails to complete these challenges can be given “special treatment” which in this case would be a special overflow. If they’re going to continue making content that punishes everyone because of bad players, something needs to change.

I heard WoW has something like that for dungeons.

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

After Tequatl, the 3H Wurm and now this week’s events, I have mostly lost any hope for humanity.

I mean, how stupid do you have to be to keep shooting at the Cannoneer with 10 stacks of reflection for 15 minutes straight, while everyone is shouting KITE HIM OVER HERE UNDER THE LASER? And it wasn’t just one person, it was half a dozen.

So I wholeheartedly agree. Save the hard stuff for Guild Instances and give these morons their “content” which they can complete with their other hand in the pants.

One – Piken Square

Posted by: SirDrygan.1823

SirDrygan.1823

That’s not the spirit of teamwork and coordination, you’re supposed to be a kitten teacher during your playtime. Spend your own 100g on blue mark and yell on map chat “DODGE THIS HUGE ORANGE CIRCLE” or nobody will listen to you. You’re supposed to help those poor souls, not exclude them, and we don’t care if you don’t want to deal with them.
/sarcasm

I did that without a tag, and everyone except those who saw me never get pulled followed, while the others on another side of the knights get pulled every single time until we killed it…… so yeah, so much good for teaching them…. they don’t even care to dodge at all…….
Well, you can’t forced them too anyways, they are playing how they want to play…. so be it… I get my champ boxes, they get their champ boxes…..

Posted by: Paciunek.2496

Paciunek.2496

I did that without a tag, and everyone except those who saw me never get pulled followed, while the others on another side of the knights get pulled every single time until we killed it…… so yeah, so much good for teaching them…. they don’t even care to dodge at all…….
Well, you can’t forced them too anyways, they are playing how they want to play…. so be it… I get my champ boxes, they get their champ boxes…..

I know they don’t care, I even write in /say chat so everyone around could see – still nope. Champ boxes are not enough for me. I’m angry every time I try to do something more than CoF, and game isn’t supposed to make me angry. It will never change, because they want it to be “open world” content (in closed areas restricted to 150 people “open”). I need some good new mmo.

Posted by: Atra Culpa.5012

Atra Culpa.5012

I’m all for separate ‘raid’ style instances for groups bigger than 5. More easily accessible permanent content that you don’t have to wait around for, potentially more easily balanced because the devs know what numbers will be attending rather than having to get some kind of scaling system right, no AFKers or trolls to make things difficult or harm the experience.
Some might claim this will exclude and alienate some players of the game, but then current content does too. Having to deal with overflows, getting split from your party because one is full. Not being able to play the content because the population spread is hard to pin down and everything seems built around the big numbers requirement.

Openworld zerg bosses just don’t work. I see both Tequatl and the Wurms as dead content, simply because the mass organisation required to get everyone ready, into the same overflow and on vent etc. just to have a good shot at a kill is unreasonable and some would argue, not worth that effort.

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

I would hate instanced raids.

Short anecdotal example:
After Tequatl was added, though Aurora Glade made some valiant efforts, I never saw him even go down to the first battery phase.
About two months ago IIRC, I was on … I think Vabbi? Anyhow I was genuinely just gathering Platinum while not having logged back to AG, and I came past the area and saw that Tequatl was in battery phase, and I was lagging like mad.

Turns out, TxS was fighting him. It was hugely impressive to watch them do this, and I applied as a result of it.

This sense of awe, of seeing someone take down this huge boss, that’d be entirely gone. And I’d hate that. We need open world events. The issue IMO is more a technological one. If scaling would work as it logically should, then we would see very few complaints. If QA also existed (yes ANet, I’m that angry about this, I think you do not have any QA, the bugs are rampant in your code and being a developer myself this always feels like the version the programmer is supposed to pass off to QA for testing), then we’d probably have nearly none.

On a conceptual level, I think open world fights are amazing.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Not to mention with the latest “hard” encounters some players could downright hurt others with reflected stuff. In fact, with a small group it would be easy to grief the knight fights and ensure they will never be finished.

One – Piken Square