Cantha Expansion

Cantha Expansion

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Marcelinho.3190

Marcelinho.3190

This is the best time to Cantha expansion in order to LA residents migrate to the new continent.

Cantha Expansion

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

This is the best time to Cantha expansion in order to LA residents migrate to the new continent.

That makes no sense at all.
There are plenty of places on Tyria that the residents would be far more likely to relocate to. Then there’s the fact that Cantha is xenophobic and doesn’t allow anyone other than humans into the city. Then there’s the Elder Dragon that is somewhere in the ocean…

Cantha Expansion

Posted by: Darkbattlemage.9612

Darkbattlemage.9612

Why exactly would they sail all the way to Cantha just because of an attack? The other racial capitals are much closer and easier to get to, even by foot, than Cantha. Also no word has been received from Cantha and for all we know Zhaitan already destroyed it or one of the other Elder Dragons have.

I’m the Asura Elementalist that stole all your cookies, well except the oatmeal ones.
Chaos always finds a way, who you think Evil learned it from?

Cantha Expansion

Marcelinho.3190

There are plenty of places on Tyria that the residents would be far more likely to relocate to. Then there’s the fact that Cantha is xenophobic and doesn’t allow anyone other than humans into the city. Then there’s the Elder Dragon that is somewhere in the ocean…

as it makes no sense my friend they will go to where?

Cantha Expansion

Darkbattlemage.9612

as it makes no sense my friend they will go to where?

Turnip Keep…I mean Vigil’s Keep.

I’m the Asura Elementalist that stole all your cookies, well except the oatmeal ones.

Cantha Expansion

Marcelinho.3190

Why exactly would they sail all the way to Cantha just because of an attack? The other racial capitals are much closer and easier to get to, even by foot, than Cantha. Also no word has been received from Cantha and for all we know Zhaitan already destroyed it or one of the other Elder Dragons have.

Friend think you do not know the whole story Cantha not fully destriuda now what would be another best time for an expansion

Cantha Expansion

FlamingFoxx.1305

The vigil keep is where they are going.
But Divinity’s Reach is pretty close by. Fort trinity technically isn’t under too big a threat anymore. The Black Citadel, The Grove, Metrica Province, Hoelbrak…. All of those are far more likely places to go.

You don’t abandon your continent just because one city got destroyed.

Also darkbattlemage was pointing out that we haven’t had contact with Cantha since Zhaitan rose which means that we don’t know what happened to Cantha. So it IS possible that it was destroyed. Although since the Zephyrites have traded with them I would think it isn’t.

(edited by FlamingFoxx.1305)

Cantha Expansion

Darkbattlemage.9612

Friend think you do not know the whole story Cantha not fully destriuda now what would be another best time for an expansion

Zhaitan’s undead navy still holds control over that region, to our knowledge, and who knows what other undersea horrors the Sea Dragon has sent swimming in our direction. I think it best for the refugees of Lion’s Arch take to the land not the sea. Also the last time Cantha invited anyone was because of Master Togo asking for Mhenlo’s assistance in combating a plague. So by the looks of it Cantha will only be willing to even speak with outsiders if there is something for them.

As for the Zephyrites trading with them, it still leaves the possibility that Cantha is in no position to accept refugees.

Cantha Expansion

FlamingFoxx.1305

Absolutely, also the Zephyrites were an entirely human organisation (although they probably aren’t now since some Charr and Asura joined them)

Cantha Expansion

Posted by: Mikuchan.7261

Mikuchan.7261

Zaithan’s power doesn’t stretch across the Unending Ocean and never has.
“Bubbles” on the other hand is somewhere in the way.
However Cantha is not destroyed, in that case, the Zephyrites would have told us since they’re often trading with Cantha.

As it seems, the only way into Cantha would be if they ask us for a favor.
For example killing “Bubbles” that may torment them from sea.

Cantha Expansion

Posted by: Kalarchis.8635

Kalarchis.8635

I do hope we get a Canthan (and Elonian) expansion one day, but I have a feeling that first they’re going to expand the current map. My guess for the next big area is Maguuma.

Cantha Expansion

FlamingFoxx.1305

I do hope we get a Canthan (and Elonian) expansion one day, but I have a feeling that first they’re going to expand the current map. My guess for the next big area is Maguuma.

Which is fine by me because new map areas is yay regardless of where they are.

Cantha Expansion

Posted by: BatsLoveCaves.5768

BatsLoveCaves.5768

The chances of being able to go back to Cantha are very slim. The devs and community have already talked about this at length.

Check out this gigantic thread about it.

It’s more realistic to ask for an Elonian campaign, which I’d be down for.

Cantha Expansion

FlamingFoxx.1305

The chances of being able to go back to Cantha are very slim. The devs and community have already talked about this at length.

Check out this gigantic thread about it.

It’s more realistic to ask for an Elonian campaign, which I’d be down for.

Actually I don’t think chances are slim at all. A lot of the devs have repeatedly expressed interest in going back to Cantha.

Cantha Expansion

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

It would only make sense if there was a working asura gate to cantha, and the rest got destroyed. But there is none, and what would happen to the people that do not want to buy the cantha expansion(yes those weirdos exist apparently)

Cantha Expansion

Darkbattlemage.9612

Zaithan’s power doesn’t stretch across the Unending Ocean and never has.
“Bubbles” on the other hand is somewhere in the way.
However Cantha is not destroyed, in that case, the Zephyrites would have told us since they’re often trading with Cantha.

As it seems, the only way into Cantha would be if they ask us for a favor.
For example killing “Bubbles” that may torment them from sea.

Zhaitan’s fleet does portal the coasts of Tyria, thus we will have an armada to fight our way through. Regardless if Cantha is or isn’t destroyed they will not open their arms to a bunch of refuges, especially non-human refugees. What does a bunch of refugees from a pirate city have to offer to a xenophobic nation? Nothing of value that is worth putting an additional strain on their resources. Also the Zephyrites would mention if Cantha was having any sort of difficulty, such as a Elder Dragon attack. So a Cantha expansion isn’t likely at this time.

Cantha Expansion

Posted by: Exosferatu.2961

Exosferatu.2961

The NCsoft report came through. Guild Wars 2 exceeded expectations for quarter four.
“No decision has been made for Guild Wars 2 expansion. For now, the focus is the Living World update and bring Guild Wars 2 to China they will update when they have more visibility on the issue of an expansion.”

Sources:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1xro6q/ncsoft_q4_report/
http://global.ncsoft.com/global/ir/earnings.aspx

Cantha Expansion

Posted by: BatsLoveCaves.5768

BatsLoveCaves.5768

Actually I don’t think chances are slim at all. A lot of the devs have repeatedly expressed interest in going back to Cantha.

Yes, the devs want to, but NCsoft won’t let them. For now, at least.

Cantha Expansion

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

i like elona better…… bring on Palawa Joko !

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Cantha Expansion

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

I think we will eventually flee to Cantha using zephyrite ships.

Cantha Expansion

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

It has been confirmed by very top secret inside sources in the illuminati that Cantha will be an expansion for GW3 not 2.

Read this message before the NSA deletes it.

Cantha Expansion

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

If we ever do go back, I can just imagine when their jumping puzzle designers are going to do with the urban sprawl that is Kaineng…

Cantha Expansion

Posted by: AlexEBT.7240

AlexEBT.7240

If we ever do go back, I can just imagine when their jumping puzzle designers are going to do with the urban sprawl that is Kaineng…

If zephir sanctum was any indication (hey that place looked really canthan) it will be great.

Cantha Expansion

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

It would not look like the old city anymore. Atleast that is what I would hope. I loved the expansion but the city kaineng was one of the worst places in the game imo.

Cantha Expansion

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

City was one of the best places in-game. Such large, overcrowded, dirty and poor, hopeless against Afflicted. I liked it, with current technology it could give even better impact.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Cantha Expansion

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

Cantha: the place that has a emperor that is so Xenophobic that he kicked out all non-human races and closed off his borders.

And ya’ll think he’s going to let asura, sylvari, and CHARR back in to his borders sometime soon? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Cantha Expansion

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

Cantha: the place that has a emperor that is so Xenophobic that he kicked out all non-human races and closed off his borders.

Too be fair, unless he discovered the secrets of immortality, said xenophobic emperor is now dead. Whoever is ruling Cantha now is a total unknown.

Cantha Expansion

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

Why do folks always think it’s Cantha. we still have 66% or so of Tyria left to see and explore. GW1 players, you remember the rest of it I’m sure.

There is a lot left to see here. I personally don’t want to set foot inside Cantha for a long time. Not until we really explore Tyria and possibly Elona.

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur