Citizens should give heirlooms

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Tremain.4623

Tremain.4623

Whenever you make a huge event that requires lots of teamwork to complete successfully you really should not add things that actively discourage players from helping. Right now we have lots of players contributing nothing towards saving lions arch by running around digging through piles of rubble for heirlooms, this is silly and boring and grindy. Instead make rescuing citizens give the heirlooms, this way players grinding for their halos are actively helping the event rather than taking up a spot. Not only that but it individually rewards players for doing something besides zerging events for loot.

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

I have to second this. The whole heirloom research is detrimental for the rescue of citizens, as there will be many people that will just wander for the map searching for those items instead of actually partecipating to the events or saving people.
Having a strict time to get both the potions – assuming we’ll have only those two weeks – only adds to the problem.

Posted by: xiraus.4716

xiraus.4716

Is really counterproductive to the event, there are tons of people searching for rubble, me included. I feel bad when I see people calling for help at certain spots, the only thing productive I can do on the way for the event is to rez any npc or save any civilian I see in the way. Plus is just really boring and tedious.

Posted by: Gwenryth.9450

Gwenryth.9450

Would be great! But it would be even greater, if people who saved many citizens (500? 1000?) would fulfill a hidden dead and get the selfless potion as reward

Posted by: honeyjars.6590

honeyjars.6590

So, story wise, why would citizens give you one of their special family heirlooms? And why would you then turn it in to the lost-and-found when you already know they gave it away and wouldn’t be looking for it?

I get that you want more heirlooms, but your suggestion doesn’t make much sense in terms of the story.

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

So, story wise, why would citizens give you one of their special family heirlooms? And why would you then turn it in to the lost-and-found when you already know they gave it away and wouldn’t be looking for it?

I get that you want more heirlooms, but your suggestion doesn’t make much sense in terms of the story.

I’m sure the civilians would rather give it to you as a reward than have it get taken by the enemies. I know I for one would give up almost all my belongings to get a chance at living another day if knowing I would die immediately. As for what you do with it upon receiving it, well that is your business, I for one wouldn’t condemn my savior if he decided to drink the 1000 year old wine (example) I gave him for rescuing me.

Edit to the OP +1 good suggestion.

(edited by Tommyknocker.6089)

Posted by: Elricht Kaltwind.8796

Elricht Kaltwind.8796

That’s a very good point. I want to see another way to get these pesky things myself, but it would have to make sense. If you ask me they should just drop from the normal bags, maybe a 1-in-50 drop, it would really help solve both problems. I don’t see how it doesn’t make sense that you would find looted heirlooms on the corpses of enemies considering many of them are, you know.. pirates.

Posted by: ShiningMassXAcc.4735

ShiningMassXAcc.4735

+1 At the least, have rescuing citizens give drops toward the selfless potion and looting people’s rubble count to the selfish potion. It’s really discouraging when they make a pretty good zone with lots going on, and over half the people in the map are just collecting rubble because that is the long term grind they designed based on the rewards.

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Yes, we should be able to punch the homeless refugees in their face, then take their precious family heirlooms.

=P

Posted by: xiraus.4716

xiraus.4716

It should have been a reward of the meta achievement instead of the supply bags, is a very counter productive farming against the main objectives of the map.