Commander Tag Zerg

Commander Tag Zerg

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: enzoh.5302

enzoh.5302

Commander tags should be removed from the game IMO. They are a major contributing factor to why zerging happens so much in large events. People load into a map and directly run towards the commander tags. It prevents groups from forming organically and takes away a sense of exploration.

This event is a great example of how the tags are hurting the intended gameplay. I’m sure not everyone will agree, but I do think the commander tags hurt the game more than they help.

Commander Tag Zerg

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

I’m not even surprised to see the game is still like this. What a shame.

Commander Tag Zerg

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

There’s nothing stopping you from forming a group and exploring. Don’t tell how other people should play according to your standards.

Commander Tag Zerg

Posted by: CorneliusCoffin.3169

CorneliusCoffin.3169

Commander tags should be removed from the game IMO. They are a major contributing factor to why zerging happens so much in large events. People load into a map and directly run towards the commander tags. It prevents groups from forming organically and takes away a sense of exploration.

This event is a great example of how the tags are hurting the intended gameplay. I’m sure not everyone will agree, but I do think the commander tags hurt the game more than they help.

Just out of curiosity, have you ever tried the marionette (or the three headed jungle wurm) without any commander tags? The ammount of fail is simply overwhelming when “groups form organically”.

Commander Tag Zerg

Posted by: Zypher.7609

Zypher.7609

I keep my tag on with my group that goes to the outer edges. We pick up a person here or there, the tags allow people that do not have a group to be able to find out where people are located, without having to spam map chat asking where are the people are at.

Commander Tag Zerg

Posted by: enzoh.5302

enzoh.5302

Just out of curiosity, have you ever tried the marionette (or the three headed jungle wurm) without any commander tags? The ammount of fail is simply overwhelming when “groups form organically”.

Yea I have done the marionette many times, and I don’t think commanders are needed for it. I can see the need for it on the wurm, as that is more of a raid type encounter, which requires a lot of communication.

Commander Tag Zerg

Posted by: doggirl.6159

doggirl.6159

I wish there was some type of “reward system” to entice commanders to actually command! Its disheartening to come into an event like this and see a dozen tags all in the same area, and NONE anywhere else on the map. I would think just having the commander tag on would be enough to spur people into trying to help the event succeed, but that doesn’t seem to be the case. I’ve been to so so many events where there are multiple tags up, but no communication in chat at all. No direction, no encouragement, no nothing.
People naturally gravitate to others that they think (justifiably or not) know what they’re doing…….that’s just human nature. If we want those people to actually attempt to help, maybe we should put in some type of reward for successful leadership or something. Maybe an achievement or something, I don’t really know how it could be implemented, but its clear the commander system isn’t working the way it seems like it was intended.

Commander Tag Zerg

Posted by: Blanger.3162

Blanger.3162

Lets see…log into content you’ve never experienced before and have little clue what your suppose to do, look at the map, see the commander and figure that’s where the action is, run to tag and join in the fight, collect loot.

After awhile you figure it all out and venture off on your own or form your own group, or not, it would seem from my limited time last night in LA that it is another zergfest and was designed to be that way, every good zerg needs a commander to follow, sometimes it’s the quickest way to get up to speed with new content, and it’s simple if you don’t like it don’t follow.

Commander Tag Zerg

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I don’t think the tags are the problem, it’s more people not thinking for themselves.

For example here’s two really ridiculous situations I’ve seen:
1) During the Queen’s Jubilee there was a commander farming destroyers in the Pavillion. Someone wanted to go and do one of the champion events instead and in spite of other people telling them there was already a group doing it they would not just go over there. They kept following the commander and demanding (with increasingly abusive language) that she stop farming destroyers and go do what they wanted so that they could follow.

2) A commander was gathering crafting materials in Queensdale and people kept on running over, following them for a while and then complaining that they weren’t doing any events. This was partially the commanders fault because they refused to take their tag down (apparently they keep it up 24/7 to show it off) but they had said repeatedly that they were just gathering mats and people shouldn’t follow. But people kept turning up and asking why they weren’t doing events.

Commander tags can be very useful in the right circumstances. My guild uses them a lot when doing events. Especially the bounty because it’s so much easier for someone to say ‘come to my tag’ than try to give directions to the NPC. And obviously when you do need everyone to be in a big group they’re useful.

But people need to take some responsibility and think for themselves. Ask yourself ‘Do I need to be in a big group for what I’m about to do?’ (And on a related note ‘Does this person seem capable of running the event?’)

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”