Drill's Purpose - Speculation

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Diasozo zu Heltzer.8720

Diasozo zu Heltzer.8720

Just thought that it might be really cool if what Scarlet has found is the location for our next new permanent dungeon.
I for one would greatly appreciate having a new permanent dungeon. It could have its own dungeon tokens, with new armor and weapon skins, and even have LS-related paths like the Aetherblade TA path.

Anywho, just an idea… Either that, or she has found the lost Dwarven civilization that is currently thriving in subterranean LA. Or she has found old Asuran underground passageways like from EoTN that lead to the Central Transfer Chamber…

The possibilities are exciting! Hopefully, they actually ARE exciting… After all, the devs have stated that the end of the current LS arch is supposed to be “epic”.

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

She found they ley-lines. She will tap the power, to disturb the flow of magic, catching the dragons’ attention there.

Posted by: The Kurt.2518

The Kurt.2518

Why would she want to catch the dragons’ attention though? Could have something to do with that voice that spoke to her in her nightmares?

Posted by: AVM.5746

AVM.5746

Maybe she’s planning to plant a seed in it or something? That red dragon on her lair’s ceiling looks a lot shaped like a vine as well.

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

drills purpose, to drill a hole ._.
seriously though.. npc speculate that scarlet is searching for something non-physical and magical.. we have to assume that what’s driving scarlet is so horrific that ceara is willing to sacrifice hundreds, if not thouasands, of people to confront it..

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Posted by: Diasozo zu Heltzer.8720

Diasozo zu Heltzer.8720

Dragon, dwarves, Central Transfer Chamber, whatever. I just wanna know already haa!

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Why would she want to catch the dragons’ attention though? Could have something to do with that voice that spoke to her in her nightmares?

She’s crazy. Calling a dragon would cause massive destruction.

The Kurt.2518

I think there’s more to it than that, Anet have been trying for quite a while to tell us that there’s more to her than simple madness

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

She’s crazy. …

Scarlet.

/15chars

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

I still think its possible that the Mursaat/Lazarus the Dire could be behind it. And if she hits the magic power of the Ley line, Lazarus/Mursaat will get enough/more power to come back (possibly something like how the Time Lords used The Master to almost bring Galifrey back into the normal time/space).

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: JBDanger.2603

JBDanger.2603

Don’t you all know? Fracking is booming these days!

Posted by: Kalarchis.8635

Kalarchis.8635

A new dungeon would actually work really well in that spot, but it would have to be an underwater dungeon, exploring the Depths leading to the leyline that are currently being flooded.

That or the drill itself would be a dungeon. You start at the top and work you way down, fighting remnants of Scarlet’s army and traps along the way.

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

She’s looking for a dragon, but what she will do with it, once found, remains unclear.

Posted by: Stormy Dragon.9210

Stormy Dragon.9210

I think Mordremoth is under Lion’s Arch and she’s trying to dig it up so she can kill it. Her clockwork army is because it’s the only things that would be immune to a nature dragon; the toxin will poison the dragon’s minions rendering it unprotected, she can lower her giant robot into the whole to fight the dragon and then zap it with her giant aether cannon.

That’s also why she tested the Marionette on us: we beat Zaitan, so if her creation can be us, it can beat an Elder Dragon.

The Kurt.2518

If she wanted to fight the dragons she would most probably have joined forces with us. And just because she can kill us doesn’t mean she can kill a dragpn; we can be killed by a sword, but that wouldn’t work on a dragon

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

If she wanted to fight the dragons she would most probably have joined forces with us. And just because she can kill us doesn’t mean she can kill a dragpn; we can be killed by a sword, but that wouldn’t work on a dragon

Do i have to remind u we killed Zhaitan using confetti and glitter cannons?

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

glitter is very formidable.. dragons can’t get it off their scales, they die of frustration

the lore speculates that she’s looking for something non-physical.. that is to say, not a dragon? so she may just be trying to disrupt the tyrian energy currents.. maybe to forestall a dragon awakening, so she can kill it in its sleep.. poetic justice for corrupting the sylvari dream so horribly

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Posted by: phabby.8945

phabby.8945

UNDERWORLD!!!!!! DHUUM will return to avenge his imprisonment and we will all be his minions

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I think there’s more to it than that, Anet have been trying for quite a while to tell us that there’s more to her than simple madness

Anet’s been trying for quite a while to tell us that this story actually makes sense. This didn’t make it any more true however.

I think, that she’s looking for an oil field. She will start a Scarlet Mining Company, with a motto “we drill like there’s no tomorrow”.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Minos.5168

Minos.5168

Anet’s been trying for quite a while to tell us that this story actually makes sense. This didn’t make it any more true however.

I think, that she’s looking for an oil field. She will start a Scarlet Mining Company, with a motto “we drill like there’s no tomorrow”.

And what can you do with oil? POWER AUTOMOTIVES!

CAR MOUNTS CONFIRMED!

Posted by: phabby.8945

phabby.8945

she may have uncovered a dragon egg farm and we all get baby dragons to fly around on

Stormy Dragon.9210

If she wanted to fight the dragons she would most probably have joined forces with us.

1.) She doesn’t want to fight the dragons in general; she wants to kill Mordremoth specifically because it’s been messing around in her mind.
2.) The core feature of her personality is that she refuses to be dependent on ANYONE for ANYTHING. That’s why she’s insanely enraged at Mordremoth. That’s also why she won’t join with us to fight it. She wants to take Mordremoth down single-handedly to prove even an elder dragon will never force her to do something.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

If she wanted to fight the dragons she would most probably have joined forces with us.

1.) She doesn’t want to fight the dragons in general; she wants to kill Mordremoth specifically because it’s been messing around in her mind.
2.) The core feature of her personality is that she refuses to be dependent on ANYONE for ANYTHING. That’s why she’s insanely enraged at Mordremoth. That’s also why she won’t join with us to fight it. She wants to take Mordremoth down single-handedly to prove even an elder dragon will never force her to do something.

So, as it has been said before, she’s just crazy.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Stormy Dragon.9210

poetic justice for corrupting the sylvari dream so horribly

It’s the dream that is actually the corruption. The sylvari are minions of the Jungle Dragon and the pale tree was supposed to be its champion. But like Glint, long exposure to the other races while the elder dragon was sleeping caused the Pale Tree to betray its master. What Scarlet saw in the machine was what the Pale Tree was trying to protect all sylvari from… their true nature.

Even the Nightmare Court doesn’t know this. They did figure out that Ventari’s influence somehow changed their core nature, but they never figured out what their original purpose was.

Scarlet made that discovery, creating an opening for Mordremoth to begin controlling her again, and being controlled by the elder dragon made her even more angry than being manipulated by the Pale Tree.

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

Obviously she’s drilling a hole in which she may bloom long enough to become the next Pale Tree, after all she’s going to need all that water in Lion’s Arch.

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

She is drilling down to the leylines to consume the magic energy

But in doing so, Mordremoth gets summoned (maybe the Pale Tree turns into Mordremoth) and ends up killing Scarlet, then flies off into the Maguuma Jungle

Expansion confirmed.

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

Obviously she’s drilling a hole in which she may bloom long enough to become the next Pale Tree, after all she’s going to need all that water in Lion’s Arch.

Since when does Pale Tree grow on salt water? :P

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

Since when does Pale Tree grow on salt water? :P

It does when you mix Scarlet into it, because Scarlet.

New hybrid alliance, watery salty trees.

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

The Kurt.2518

Anet wouldn’t tell us that the story does make sense if it obviously doesn’t, that wouldn’t make anyone especially happy, the worst case scenario is that they think that it makes sense while no-one else does