Escape from Lion's Arch !

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Sjien.9765

Sjien.9765

Posted by: Tryxtr.6295

Tryxtr.6295

So excited! I’ve talked with guildies for months now about how we want LA to be attacked somehow.

Posted by: Aye.8392

Aye.8392

That video is killer — definitely got me excited for what is to come. And a bit upset — feels kinda like losing Old Ascalon.

www.AlchemyIncorporated.net
Sorrows Furnace

Posted by: papryk.6273

papryk.6273

meh

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

First thought that popped into my mind after watching the video:

ArenaNet is destroying the most convenient hub in the game to craft and congregate so they can push more royal terrace passes and tradesman packages in the gem store.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Anmida.4058

Anmida.4058

I am sincerely confused at this point. For a moment there I thought there was a glimpse of hope and after acknowledging, partially at any rate, how much of a terrible trainwreck Scarlet is overall they would start withdrawing from it. Instead this is getting progressively “No one else has done this, but you can bet Scarlet will because.”

This isn’t even a rage post, I am just confused at this point. What is going on? Why do they keep doing this sort of thing? Does no one in management or quality control ever manage to voice up and go “You may just not want to do that because it is silly.”?

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Hopefully the city is wiped out and Krytans move back in. Will teach those pirate grave squatters to ally with Centaurs.

Posted by: Nageth.5648

Nageth.5648

Cute reference for the title, Anet. We getting eyepatches too?

Posted by: Kupper.8074

Kupper.8074

ArenaNet is destroying the most convenient hub in the game to craft and congregate so they can push more royal terrace passes and tradesman packages in the gem store.

Check out Ebonhawk, no gems required. Only thing you can’t get to is fractals portal.

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight
Berserker = Skilled http://i.imgur.com/g1rkIub.jpg
Never forget – http://i.imgur.com/Oxra9sj.jpg

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Congregate, maybe… for crafting, I’d say ebonhawke is a LOT better, one small street with all the crafting stations and at the end of it a bank, guild bank and trading post all next to each other, plus it’s all very close to the gate to divinity’s reach so very easy to reach for characters of any level.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I would say that there are many places more useful when it comes to Crafting than Lion’s Arch.
Personally I tend to use Rata Sum, it have close connection between TP and crafting and you don’t get all that pointless spam that you see in Lions Arch.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Nageth.5648

I would say that there are many places more useful when it comes to Crafting than Lion’s Arch.
Personally I tend to use Rata Sum, it have close connection between TP and crafting and you don’t get all that pointless spam that you see in Lions Arch.

Not to mention the lag around the crafting stations. I “escaped” from Lion’s Arch to the Grove a long time ago.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I am sincerely confused at this point. For a moment there I thought there was a glimpse of hope and after acknowledging, partially at any rate, how much of a terrible trainwreck Scarlet is overall they would start withdrawing from it. Instead this is getting progressively “No one else has done this, but you can bet Scarlet will because.”

This isn’t even a rage post, I am just confused at this point. What is going on? Why do they keep doing this sort of thing? Does no one in management or quality control ever manage to voice up and go “You may just not want to do that because it is silly.”?

Because they had it all completed months ago and nobody puts that kind of work into something and doesn’t use it. I mean, except for Minecraft mod developers. But they’re a special sort of insane.

They know we (that is, most of the people on the forum) don’t like Scarlet. They know there were problems with her. What they’re doing is saying “hold your noses people and let’s just get through the first ‘season’ then we will attempt to do better come round two”.

Of course I predict plenty of people on the forums are invested enough in bashing the Living Story concept to not like anything they do very vocally and let people know how much it sucks. So we won’t see a change in the forum’s tone. Because internet.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

New details here guys:
http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/02/11/prepare-to-escape-from-lions-arch-in-guild-wars-2s-next-conten/

All LS characters will have a zone to defend.

LA will be destroyed, but personal story quests and whatnot will be available through a portal – whatever that means.

All relevant LA stuff will be in Vigil’s keep for the time being.

Map completion will still be possible, but it will be difficult

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

heee haaa!
I hope it is razed to the ground
I have always loved DR and can’t stand Lion’s Arch

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

They know we (that is, most of the people on the forum) don’t like Scarlet. They know there were problems with her. What they’re doing is saying “hold your noses people and let’s just get through the first ‘season’ then we will attempt to do better come round two”.

I guess we’ll see.

If Scarlet has a dramatic death at the conclusion of this, then you were right.

If they write in an escape for her so that she can be brought back into the “living story” at a future date, not so much.

Nageth.5648

If it took months to rebuild the lighthouse it better take years to rebuild anything approximating a city or I’m going to be disappointed in the hype.

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Mama! I’m scared -hold me!!

Posted by: Anmida.4058

Anmida.4058

Because they had it all completed months ago and nobody puts that kind of work into something and doesn’t use it. I mean, except for Minecraft mod developers. But they’re a special sort of insane.

I can only hope that’s it. Because I can’t fathom what kind of developers actually stare at what has become of GW2 and go “Yep. This is a masterpiece of writing and development.”

Posted by: Jekyll.9286

Jekyll.9286

I actually predicted something along these lines a month ago on Reddit! Kind of cool!

Reference: http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1v24kf/could_we_lose_lions_arch/

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I guess we’ll see.

If Scarlet has a dramatic death at the conclusion of this, then you were right.

If they write in an escape for her so that she can be brought back into the “living story” at a future date, not so much.

If a certain spoiler I saw float across my screen being spammed in Lion’s Arch is correct (seriously that’s annoying) . . .

She might not die right now but she’s more likely to have to die if the spoiler is true.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

In the end, it feels kind of cheap to me. Kinda like Brett Ratner killing off half the X-Men in The Last Stand.

I always liked the GW2 version of LA. A city built of scavenged ships was a great concept, and wonderful to look at. So now they’re going to destroy it to say, “Hey, guys, look how cool we are that we can wipe out chunks of the world permanently!”

I’m not sure that’s what people were asking for when they requested new, permanent content. Perhaps the community didn’t stress “replayable” quite enough. I guess destroying a city takes a lot less resources than creating a new zone, though.

Posted by: Kibazuka.1390

Kibazuka.1390

So this was the magnificant plan to conquer lions arch that Scarlet was working on for so long.

“Just send in all the trashmobs we have, will work out somehow because i am Scarlet”

Of course.

Ranger – Drakkar Lake[DE]
Full melee Ranger since August 2012

Nageth.5648

So this was the magnificant plan to conquer lions arch that Scarlet was working on for so long.

“Just send in all the trashmobs we have, will work out somehow because i am Scarlet”

Of course.

If you think this is about conquering Lions Arch you’re probably going to be wrong.

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I can only hope that’s it. Because I can’t fathom what kind of developers actually stare at what has become of GW2 and go “Yep. This is a masterpiece of writing and development.”

I can expect they stand there, look at it and go “well, this is the closest we could get to making the game we wanted to, while altering it to fit player complaints and other needs, and Orders From On High about this game . . . I think we did pretty good, but let’s try to make it better”.

It’s just, well, the idea of “better” is always going to have the issue of not being what other people see as “better”. I know my ideas for how to improve the game would kitten roughly 75% of the players off. I can only assume from that, any individual idea would greatly cause problems.

Except “New Minigame: Kill Scarlet. Players may compete on a leaderboard for how fast and how creatively they kill Scarlet Briar, the villain whose machinations have finally been stopped.”

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I have a feeling it wont be destroyed, besides it wont even be the first time the city has been attacked. It has been attacked before in some of our personal stories which I might add was one the most memorable parts of any of the stories I have done on all 8 chars.

I just hope this turns out to be more than what I expect it to be.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I have a feeling it wont be destroyed, besides it wont even be the first time the city has been attacked. It has been attacked before in some of our personal stories which I might add was one the most memorable parts of any of the stories I have done on all 8 chars.

It was also attacked by the White Mantle and mursaat, the tormented minions of Abaddon, and the charr . . . in order of recent to oldest. I suspect it was under attack once before that too.

lordkrall.7241

Oh, it will be destroyed..

http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/02/11/prepare-to-escape-from-lions-arch-in-guild-wars-2s-next-conten/

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

Who’s betting the kids who have been playing Ghosts non-stop for over a year and a half will be separated? I’m betting a copper!

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Nageth.5648

Who’s betting the kids who have been playing Ghosts non-stop for over a year and a half will be separated? I’m betting a copper!

Speaking of that, I’m wondering how many incidental NPCs are going to get killed.

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I’m betting on “Say, where are the outhous- aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!”

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Speaking of that, I’m wondering how many incidental NPCs are going to get killed.

What’s interesting is what’s going to happen to the Tengu guarding that wall in LA?

Verrrry interesting.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Vol.7601

RIP ogden’s hammer savings guy

Paulytnz.7619

Oh, it will be destroyed..

I havn’t seen this yet but I will now. But thinking about it if it is destroyed then how would people that do the PS that I did even get to do the exact attack part of the story I mention lol?

Lindbur.2537

RIP ogden’s hammer savings guy

A remnant of times past.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Of course.

well to be fair I don’t see how that wouldn’t work…

there are like 10 guards in LA and it has no walls, no air ships and like 1 navy vessel…
It is made entirely of wood, with portals that have free access to the entire continent to come and go as you please.

The only reason it hasn’t been obliterated before is because there are no real enemies in tyria, just small factions/splinter groups.

I am quite excited for the LS. Granted it is the only reason I still log into the game at all since everything else is a horrific grind at this point, but the story has been getting progressively better imo. As long as this ends up leading to a new dragon I’ll be satisfied.

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

That video is killer — definitely got me excited for what is to come. And a bit upset — feels kinda like losing Old Ascalon.

haha I rmember going from old ascalon to the ‘new’ part in gw1. i was a bit kittened of what they did to that nice starting area., so kittened off i stopped playing for a few days.

Lindbur.2537

New title: Legendary Defender of Lion’s Arch

A remnant of times past.

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

And the tengu won’t give a kitten ;D

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Lindbur.2537

If they ever make that title, I am most deserving of it.

A remnant of times past.

lordkrall.7241

I havn’t seen this yet but I will now. But thinking about it if it is destroyed then how would people that do the PS that I did even get to do the exact attack part of the story I mention lol?

As stated in the article linked they have already fixed that.
The Personal Story is “locked in time” after all, so it can very much still take place in Lion’s Arch even if present Lion’s Arch is destroyed.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Paulytnz.7619

Well one thing is evident from this, it seems Anet are still willing to take risks with this game for the game. Well be interesting to see how it all turns out.

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

Yes, yes, and yes. And I hope we get to rebuild even BIGGER Lion’s Arch, because this isn’t a city, this is a village. It’s the size of a bigger town square. That was always my problem with this place, being too small.

Posted by: Kibazuka.1390

Kibazuka.1390

Because wow cataclysn has shown that players love to have existing areas destroyed rather than new ones to explore :>

Ranger – Drakkar Lake[DE]
Full melee Ranger since August 2012

Posted by: Excursion.9752

Excursion.9752

Now the same people who left their homes during the flame and frost release can use the same path to go back where they came from. Maybe its time for the people of LA to go take a vacation to the lovely beaches of Southsun. haha!

The thing that interests me the most from all this is where will the people congregate now that LA will be lost for a while if not forever.

| 80 (Guardian) Rusty Tooth | 80 (Warrior) Razer Tooth | 80 (Ranger) Eir Stegallkin |
| 80 (Mesmer) Brook Envision | 80 (Thief) Kuro Rin |

Posted by: saalle.4623

saalle.4623

Finally,finally this city will burn and people wont stuck anymore at 1 same place making Tyria looks dead.I never liked LA or main towns at all,but better Divinity then this.Ty Anet !!!

Paulytnz.7619

Yes, yes, and yes. And I hope we get to rebuild even BIGGER Lion’s Arch, because this isn’t a city, this is a village. It’s the size of a bigger town square. That was always my problem with this place, being too small.

The size wasn’t the problem for me, it was just too ugly……unlike DR anyways.

Next on the list? Charr city please! Get rid of those gear looking floor tile things, seriously no offense but who thought that up, gears (cogs)? :S

Lindbur.2537

Honestly, I prefer congregating in a small village or town. Big cities just feel dead thanks to how population density works.

A remnant of times past.

Vol.7601

Throughout this whole ideal I guess I’ll be guesting to TC. Will be interesting to hear all the RP conversations and players acting out as refugees.

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

Bleh, boring enemies, boring antagonist…

Would’ve been so much better if Scarlet was killed before this so that Jormag or Kralka-blabla could’ve invaded LA instead.