Escape from Lion's Arch !

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Pirlipat.2479

Pirlipat.2479

This.is.horrible. Lions Arch has been my ultimate favourite game city EVER.

And even if it get’s rebuild I really fear for the worst about what it will become. Some cheesy hearts glowing everywhere, fake Alice in Wonderland Thing with tiny-Tims erm Taimies everywhere? Bah disgusting….

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

Yes, yes, and yes. And I hope we get to rebuild even BIGGER Lion’s Arch, because this isn’t a city, this is a village. It’s the size of a bigger town square. That was always my problem with this place, being too small.

The size wasn’t the problem for me, it was just too ugly……unlike DR anyways.

Next on the list? Charr city please! Get rid of those gear looking floor tile things, seriously no offense but who thought that up, gears (cogs)? :S

How about no? BC is the best freaking’ thing in this game haha. The gear and metal is part of Charr culture and hands down they’re the best. And LA has nice design to it, has it’s history and that explains the architecture, but as I said its toooo small.

+ it’s made of wood. Has no defenses. No walls. No airships, no navy. No army whatsoever. It was attacked multiple times by now – not just in GW2 but in GW1 too by mursaat and charr. You would think it would be a kitten fortress city by now! It’s virtually unprotected… that always bugged me.

The Lionguards are idiots and soon they’ll taste it first hand.

(edited by CharrGirl.7896)

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

I find BC really cool, but a pain to get around, so I generally avoid it. I adore the aesthetic though.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: FallenTear.3710

FallenTear.3710

I don’t see any Dolyak’ rocket o.O

Posted by: Antara.3189

Antara.3189

Who’s betting the kids who have been playing Ghosts non-stop for over a year and a half will be separated? I’m betting a copper!

Speaking of that, I’m wondering how many incidental NPCs are going to get killed.

RIP ogden’s hammer savings guy

By Ogdens Hammer, WHAT Savings!

I plan on sneaking him out of the city early.

On that note though, Wonder what will become of the Tengu…..

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Who’s betting the kids who have been playing Ghosts non-stop for over a year and a half will be separated? I’m betting a copper!

Speaking of that, I’m wondering how many incidental NPCs are going to get killed.

Scarlet singing “I feel like chicken tonight”?

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: Antara.3189

Antara.3189

Someone go warn the Tengu!

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Someone go warn the Tengu!

Tell them she’s come for the Caromi scalp farmers!

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Yes, yes, and yes. And I hope we get to rebuild even BIGGER Lion’s Arch, because this isn’t a city, this is a village. It’s the size of a bigger town square. That was always my problem with this place, being too small.

Next on the list? Charr city please! Get rid of those gear looking floor tile things, seriously no offense but who thought that up, gears (cogs)? :S

How about no? BC is the best freaking’ thing in this game haha. The gear and metal is part of Charr culture and hands down they’re the best. And LA has nice design to it, has it’s history and that explains the architecture, but as I said its toooo small.

+ it’s made of wood. Has no defenses. No walls. No airships, no navy. No army whatsoever. It was attacked multiple times by now – not just in GW2 but in GW1 too by mursaat and charr. You would think it would be a kitten fortress city by now! It’s virtually unprotected… that always bugged me.

No but seriously how many times have you cut your paws on those sharp edges of those gears? Be honest now…. :P

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

No but seriously how many times have you cut your paws on those sharp edges of those gears? Be honest now…. :P

I’m a civilized Charr. I keep my claws trimmed (sips tea)

Lilith Ajit.6173

I’m a civilized Charr. I keep my claws trimmed (sips tea)

Pinky claw out?

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

I am NOT missing this! I will drink buckets of coffee! Gallons of Amp! I don’t care, I refuse to miss this!!!

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

What I want to know is what will happen to the norn trying to join the sylvari’s guild near mariner’s way point.

Norn: Are you sure that one opponent is enough?

Sylvari: It has been for other guild members…

Norn: I’m not the other guild members.

Sylvari: Remember you only have one try to impress us to get into guild.

Norn: That is all I need.

Seriously, this conversation has been going on since launch and the suspense is killing me. Will he ever join the guild or does his arrogance causes him to lose to a opponent making it so he can never join the guild?

It seems now we will never know……

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

(edited by Aza.2105)

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

I am NOT missing this! I will drink buckets of coffee! Gallons of Amp! I don’t care, I refuse to miss this!!!

I’ll be sure to get a pee bucket ready just for you.

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

anyone post this yet?

Attachments:

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

Paulytnz.7619

Please, don’t either of you stand near the electric fence….(Ren and Stimpy joke :P)

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

But…but… what about silver dubloon pirate jp farming?

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

A pee bucket… how barbaric

http://www.engadget.com/2005/03/04/internet-urinal-for-the-pc-bound/

(and yes, it’s a real product, thinkgeek used to sell them for a while)

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Paulytnz.7619

anyone post this yet?

“You might have survived Tequatl. You might have escaped from Orr. But this is L.A.”

I was wondering which movie they were referencing to but I just couldn’t place it, doh that’s the problem you get when you watch too movies, I mean come on it was even titled escape from L.A! Now I feel stupid..

Posted by: Kupper.8074

Kupper.8074

Zomorros award you with…. DEATH!

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight
Berserker = Skilled http://i.imgur.com/g1rkIub.jpg
Never forget – http://i.imgur.com/Oxra9sj.jpg

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

First thought that popped into my mind after watching the video:

ArenaNet is destroying the most convenient hub in the game to craft and congregate so they can push more royal terrace passes and tradesman packages in the gem store.

FYI, Rata Sum is the most convenient hub in the game to craft and congregate. The crafting stations, banks, and trading posts are all on the same floor – and separated by very short walks. Lion’s Arch doesn’t even come close, especially if you are trying to level Tailoring or any other craft that has its station far from the trading post.

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Maybe they’ll actually fix the drop tables to make it easier to get those specifically.

Pirlipat.2479

Why don’t they blow up Divinities Reach, if they want to destroy something?

Paulytnz.7619

Because Logan is just too awesome (prepares tin foiled hat for all the flaming to come).

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

Due to recent events, I will now be charging a premium for JP ports since they are unsafe.

5G per port!

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

I’m really hoping one of the objectives in the new zone is rescuing a certain curious Skritt from the sewers.

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

Pirlipat.2479

Because Logan is just too awesome (prepares tin foiled hat for all the flaming to come).

They could give you an opportunity to save him and become his White Knight.

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

Paulytnz.7619

They could give you an opportunity to save him and become his White Knight.

But then he wouldn’t be awesome anymore…..I would be….I don’t think I could handle that.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

The invasion is going to be very easy to stop. All we have to do is leave… and wait…

one misplaced bomb on the mystic forge and it’s all over for Scarlet… can you imagine how much death and destruction would rain upon her head if she blew up the mystic forge? I mean think about how many weapons are stuffed in there…

I’m pretty sure the amount of greatswords alone that came flying out of the forge would be enough to completely bury scarlets entire army… and airships… in greatswords.

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

Well it is a done deal. The only thing that remains to be seen is how players react to the removal of the central hub of the game and the scattering of core functions to other areas. I had thought they didn’t wish to further segregate and scatter the game population.

The sole multicultural city of Tyria gone, and the lore surrounding it made “history”, except for the poor souls going “back in time” for personal stories.

Also remaining will be what they do with elements connected to LA.. why would the Havens remain? Their function is to protect trade routes to LA. Why would the Lionguard remain, since the bulk of them are out protecting the trade routes to LA? Why, with the destruction and subsequent fragmentation would any of this remain? Will they change the dialog of every NPC in game that references LA in it’s current state?

Finally, I wonder “why?”. Nothing in this Living Story merits the destruction of LA. Nothing about the living story is worth it. Not the premise, not the characters, not the antagonist, not the motives. All I see is using a pretty poor excuse to do something that someone deems “kewl”.

LA survived 200 years or so of Zhaitan on its front porch. But Scarlet.. well..guess not.

But, its all scripted now, no going back. Good idea or bad.. the ramifications will be seen.

Good time to me to return to Norrath. I’ll return to evaluate the damage, but see no reason to be in game to witness it.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

(edited by Teofa Tsavo.9863)

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Good time to me to return to Norrath. I’ll return to evaluate the damage, but see no reason to be in game to witness it.

Say hello to the people on Luclin for me. Oh, wait, can’t do that. They blew it up.

Posted by: Nat.4029

Nat.4029

I prefer to use DR for all my crafting, banking, and TPing anyway.

Valar Morghulis

Posted by: Kupper.8074

Kupper.8074

Maybe they’ll actually fix the drop tables to make it easier to get those specifically.

Park at the Southsun JP instead. Cheers

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight
Berserker = Skilled http://i.imgur.com/g1rkIub.jpg
Never forget – http://i.imgur.com/Oxra9sj.jpg

Posted by: BlackyWarsX.5384

BlackyWarsX.5384

Say hello to the people on Luclin for me. Oh, wait, can’t do that. They blew it up.

To be fair, they blew it up between games, you can visit Luclin if you play EQ1 but not in EQ2. And, as far as I can see, there is a intact moon in EQN, which will be, most likely, Luclin again (except they change Lore).

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

Nobody mess w/ Zomoros and get away w/ it. Not even Zhaitan!

R.I.P Kumu <3

Posted by: Layka.7465

Layka.7465

Next time vote Evon Gnashblade and this won’t happen.

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

The ONLY God that stand w/ us today. Zomoros, God of RNG, a true God. God of Gods!

R.I.P Kumu <3

Posted by: Alukah.2063

Alukah.2063

@Teofa Tsavo There’s no fragmentation, everything will be moved to the Vigil Keep.

And why would the dialog of every NPC in game have to make reference to this? Were they talking about LA before? Why would someone in a completely different region randomly start talking about LA when it has nothing to do with them?

And why are you so afraid of big changes? How about wait and see how it turns out?

Teofa Tsavo.9863

Nice try. Everquest2, it has always been blown up. Please note that Freeport and Qeynos have “not” been blown up.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

Beneath the site of LA Scarlet’s probe found the magical energy she was looking for. Then, she activated self-destruct sequence for other probes, as they were not needed anymore.

Scarlet’s alliances destroy the city, kill many innocents, but mainly prepare all five united races to another war. After the Scarlet’s victory, she will command her armies to stay inside the ruin of Lion’s Arch. She will quietly leave the area and get in touch with the leaders of 5 allied races. She will explain everything. How nobody would take her seriously and how she hates ignorance of people. And how ambitious she was whether she would be able to accomplish what she did.

In one month from now, in typical GW2 cinematic, you will observe Primordus/Mordremoth emerging from the depths of LA, killing whole Scarlet’s armada and destroying the little left after the siege. LA will be lost forever, becoming a nest of an elder dragon.
Arenanet will release the details about coming expansion – in what way it will come in game and what benefits you will get if you buy the upgrade.
/
/
Another end:
LA will be lost, more little stories about politics between the playable races, more vanity items, more ghost town full-dps-one-hundredpeople-requirement bosses. No elder dragon, no personal story, no Maguuma, no Cantha, no Dominion of Winds.

Posted by: Gwenryth.9450

Gwenryth.9450

Zomorros award you with…. DEATH!

Haha, my first thought was- so… Zommoros “the root of all evil”… now they’ll come and destroy LA to free him

Posted by: Nat.4029

Nat.4029

So will this continue to be Anet’s focus with the Living Story? Continuously changing the existing zones, and never really adding anything meaningful to the game? I’m ready for this season to end, so we might see what they’ve been working on.

Valar Morghulis

Teofa Tsavo.9863

@Teofa Tsavo There’s no fragmentation, everything will be moved to the Vigil Keep.

And why would the dialog of every NPC in game have to make reference to this? Were they talking about LA before? Why would someone in a completely different region randomly start talking about LA when it has nothing to do with them?

And why are you so afraid of big changes? How about wait and see how it turns out?

You haven’t spent much time in the Lionguard Havens. Yes, they do reference LA. Their only reason to exist is LA. Lionguard reference protecting routes to LA frequently. LA exists as a separate trade entity to the point of having separate truce agreements in place.. notably with the Centuar in Kessix. Perhaps you missed that.

Yeah, its a Big Change.. and one that should effect the entire game and the fact that LA is established as the central trade hub for that whole game.. NPC wise. Over land trade routes go to LA. Guess you missed that.

Me being “afraid” of change has nothing to do with anything. I’m not a fan of change for change sake or to further try to Amplify the Scarlet Saga into something it is not begun to live up to.

(edited by Teofa Tsavo.9863)

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

Next time vote Evon Gnashblade and this won’t happen.

This!
We could save the city if Evon was in and ordered air defenses!

Posted by: skullfaerie.7203

skullfaerie.7203

You people are terrible. Two pages and not one thought spared for the poor Skritt of Lion’s Arch and the fate that might await them. And they’ve only just recovered from the horrors of Wintersday.

Rats are people too Save the Skritt of Lion’s Arch!

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

The Ruined City of Lion’s Arch as the new dungeon! just sayin’ Lupicus solo vids are getting old…

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

Lilith Ajit.6173

The Ruined City of Lion’s Arch as the new dungeon! just sayin’ Lupicus solo vids are getting old…

I hope Zomorros is the end boss. He takes all your gold if you wipe!

[ARES]

Posted by: Bolbo Baggins.8594

Bolbo Baggins.8594

anyone post this yet?

Gotta love those movie refferences, hehe :-)

Paulytnz.7619

I hope Zomorros is the end boss. He takes all your gold if you wipe!

And if you beat him you get a green item with a rare chance at getting a rare. Seems fair to me!