Escape from Lion's Arch !

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

Beneath the site of LA Scarlet’s probe found the magical energy she was looking for. Then, she activated self-destruct sequence for other probes, as they were not needed anymore.

Scarlet’s alliances destroy the city, kill many innocents, but mainly prepare all five united races to another war. After the Scarlet’s victory, she will command her armies to stay inside the ruin of Lion’s Arch. She will quietly leave the area and get in touch with the leaders of 5 allied races. She will explain everything. How nobody would take her seriously and how she hates ignorance of people. And how ambitious she was whether she would be able to accomplish what she did.

In one month from now, in typical GW2 cinematic, you will observe Primordus/Mordremoth emerging from the depths of LA, killing whole Scarlet’s armada and destroying the little left after the siege. LA will be lost forever, becoming a nest of an elder dragon.
Arenanet will release the details about coming expansion – in what way it will come in game and what benefits you will get if you buy the upgrade.
/
/
Another end:
LA will be lost, more little stories about politics between the playable races, more vanity items, more ghost town full-dps-one-hundredpeople-requirement bosses. No elder dragon, no personal story, no Maguuma, no Cantha, no Dominion of Winds.

I only hope that the elder dragon that does come (supposedly, hint hint) that it would not nest in LA. That ensures that the next living story season will have us go to the Maguuma jungle to chase him.

When we got Primordus in 2-3 years then yeah, feel free to have him come up from the ground in LA.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Good time to me to return to Norrath. I’ll return to evaluate the damage, but see no reason to be in game to witness it.

Say hello to the people on Luclin for me. Oh, wait, can’t do that. They blew it up.

Nice try. Everquest2, it has always been blown up. Please note that Freeport and Qeynos have “not” been blown up.

I know that, but they did “destroy” Freeport as I knew it by turning it over to Sir Lucan (who we killed dozens of times for Fiery Avengers but hey, what’s a little detail like that?). And there’s a lot of other stuff which was fundamentally changed between games which made me look at EverQuest 2 and go “seriously? You should have just made a new game”.

Want to know what else? Lord Nagafen continues, despite it being canonically in game he was killed (Zordak Ragefire’s squatting in his den, for instance). Then there’s what the heck they did with Mayong Mistmoore . . . people complain about Scarlet but man, Sony beat ANet to the punch with “super NPC who can only win and not lose”. They also beat them to making skritt playable (chetari).

I don’t expect EQN to be anything worth it lore-wise. They’ve already shredded everything I had enjoyed in Norrath for the sake of just changing it because reasons.

It could be a great game in game methods, but really . . . it’s only comparable to the cranial rectal reassignment which happened to Toril (Forgotten Realms) to make it fit fourth edition D&D.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

The Ruined City of Lion’s Arch as the new dungeon! just sayin’ Lupicus solo vids are getting old…

I hope Zomorros is the end boss. He takes all your gold if you wipe!

you’re thinking too small. Zomorros would have a RNG chance to permantetly delete one item on your character every time he hits you. Once you are out of items he will start taking away levels on each hit.

Additionally he hits every player in a 200000 AOE every .5 seconds and has 10 million health.

once you reach level 1 he starts deleting your characters.

Posted by: Bolbo Baggins.8594

Bolbo Baggins.8594

You people are terrible. Two pages and not one thought spared for the poor Skritt of Lion’s Arch and the fate that might await them. And they’ve only just recovered from the horrors of Wintersday.

Rats are people too Save the Skritt of Lion’s Arch!

Think the litte creatures like the scritt and the quagans have the best survival possibilities. Remember the Dino extintion and who outlived them. Little creatures :-) Think the Norn will have a thougher time. They will not be able to hide haha :-)

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

The Ruined City of Lion’s Arch as the new dungeon! just sayin’ Lupicus solo vids are getting old…

you’re thinking too small. Zomorros would have a RNG chance to permantetly delete one item on your character every time he hits you. Once you are out of items he will start taking away levels on each hit.

Additionally he hits every player in a 200000 AOE every .5 seconds and has 10 million health.

Dear lord!

You’re trying to kill me here!

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: Gwenryth.9450

Gwenryth.9450

You people are terrible. Two pages and not one thought spared for the poor Skritt of Lion’s Arch and the fate that might await them. And they’ve only just recovered from the horrors of Wintersday.

Rats are people too Save the Skritt of Lion’s Arch!

But Rats are leaving a sinking ship, so don’t worry

Posted by: Kashrlyyk.5364

Kashrlyyk.5364

So in the personal story we easily defend LA against the frigging ARMY of an ELDER DRAGON while enduring a badly done drama piece but Miss ANet’s favorite Salad conquers it?!?!?!?!?!

So Scarlet is now more dangerous than an elder dragon!!! That is by far the worst part of the Scarlet LS so far. And if what “Mortifer.2946” wrote is true than it gets even worse.

Posted by: La Goanna.8142

La Goanna.8142

I’m totally okay with losing Lion’s Arch, maybe even in favor of it as long as this means that

-Each racial city is getting their own mystic forge, portal hub, wvw-pvp portals and Fractals gate.
-Returning or temporary LS events are equally spread apart across the racial cities (Hoelbrak getting Wintersday due to setting aesthetics, Black Citadel getting Holloween now due to the new Bloody Prince connections, Rata Sum and Divinity’s Reach sticking with SAB and Queen’s Jubilee, etc.)
-Certain dungeon armor sellers are relative to each city (Ascalon Catacombs and CoF sticking to the Black Citadel, Twilight Arbor armor can only be bought from a seller in The Grove, etc.)

If Divnity’s Reach is going to become the new hub that everyone is forced to congregate to, then I see no point in getting rid of Lion’s Arch.

Then again I don’t think we’re going to completely lose Lion’s Arch either. Maybe it’s just getting a permanent aesthetic makeover like what the Nightmare Tower did to Kessex Hills. Or maybe Anet has plans for us to reclaim or rebuild Lion’s Arch in a future LS event? Who knows, but I’m hoping this new LS content isn’t going to focus on us exclusively zerging Scarlet’s trash mobs… again. Introduce another big boss like the Marionette, heck a new Dragon champion or… something…

Posted by: Ash.5274

Ash.5274

Who’s betting the kids who have been playing Ghosts non-stop for over a year and a half will be separated? I’m betting a copper!

Speaking of that, I’m wondering how many incidental NPCs are going to get killed.

RIP ogden’s hammer savings guy

No, they’ll just change his dialogue to “By Ogden’s hammer, what destruction!”

Or better yet, “By Ogden’s hammer, Snake Plissken!”

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

Finally, I wonder “why?”. Nothing in this Living Story merits the destruction of LA. Nothing about the living story is worth it. Not the premise, not the characters, not the antagonist, not the motives. All I see is using a pretty poor excuse to do something that someone deems “kewl”.

Agreed.

Big, climactic, destruction of familiar city would be interesting if the story had built toward it. Instead, it just feels cheap.

I like LA, and can imagine a story in which it’s destruction feels like the inevitable conclusion, allowing me to mourn it and yet have the satisfaction of a story well played.

Instead, it feels like, “Hey, what’s there left for Scarlet to do after making the Asura colleges look like kindergarten, bringing together alliances out of factions that have every reason to hate each other, and generally being invincible as all Tyria tries to fight her? Oh, yeah, she can do what the Charr, Mursaat, Abaddon, and Zhaitan failed to do!”

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I’m gonna go cry in the corner and go “It’s Kerafym all over again . . . why did I bind in Skyshrine?! Whyyyyyyyyyyy?!”

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Who’s betting the kids who have been playing Ghosts non-stop for over a year and a half will be separated? I’m betting a copper!

Speaking of that, I’m wondering how many incidental NPCs are going to get killed.

If thats the case, who is going to say By Ogden’s Hammer?

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

(edited by skullmount.1758)

Posted by: TurtleofPower.5641

TurtleofPower.5641

Nice that we’re finally getting a megaton change to the world.

Remember to visit LA before it happens ladies and gents because it will never be exactly as it is now again.

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I wonder what they are coming up with as a replacment hub. The mists and other portals have to be somewhere. And the transfer gates. Hmmm curious.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Why don’t they blow up Divinities Reach, if they want to destroy something?

Because Logan is just too awesome (prepares tin foiled hat for all the flaming to come).

I’ll just leave this for you

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: La Goanna.8142

La Goanna.8142

So in the personal story we easily defend LA against the frigging ARMY of an ELDER DRAGON while enduring a badly done drama piece but Miss ANet’s favorite Salad conquers it?!?!?!?!?!

So Scarlet is now more dangerous than an elder dragon!!! That is by far the worst part of the Scarlet LS so far. And if what “Mortifer.2946” wrote is true than it gets even worse.

Meh, Scarlet is basically a dragon champion at this point. The only major difference is that she just doesn’t know it yet.

Posted by: Pirlipat.2479

Pirlipat.2479

@Teofa Tsavo There’s no fragmentation, everything will be moved to the Vigil Keep.

That’s exactely one of the things I don’t like. The Vigil Keep belongs to the Vigil. Everyone who’s not part of the Vigil is nothing more but a guest. Divinities Reach is the humans capital, so everyone not beening a human is only a guest there.

Lions Arch was everyones City.

Posted by: pswendel.8179

pswendel.8179

I wonder what they are coming up with as a replacment hub. The mists and other portals have to be somewhere. And the transfer gates. Hmmm curious.

Vigil keep

Posted by: Elmo Benchwarmer.3025

Elmo Benchwarmer.3025

Tehe, Iron Sky?

Best part of that video is the Guild Wars (1) soundtrack.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Finally, I wonder “why?”. Nothing in this Living Story merits the destruction of LA. Nothing about the living story is worth it. Not the premise, not the characters, not the antagonist, not the motives. All I see is using a pretty poor excuse to do something that someone deems “kewl”.

Agreed.

Big, climactic, destruction of familiar city would be interesting if the story had built toward it. Instead, it just feels cheap.

I like LA, and can imagine a story in which it’s destruction feels like the inevitable conclusion, allowing me to mourn it and yet have the satisfaction of a story well played.

Instead, it feels like, “Hey, what’s there left for Scarlet to do after making the Asura colleges look like kindergarten, bringing together alliances out of factions that have every reason to hate each other, and generally being invincible as all Tyria tries to fight her? Oh, yeah, she can do what the Charr, Mursaat, Abaddon, and Zhaitan failed to do!”

Yeah, pretty much all this.

I realize the story’s going to play out. There’s no stopping that. That doesn’t mean that the rest of it magically gets better.

Also, if she could do this so easily, WHY did she even bother trying to get someone on the Captain’s Council? And, for that matter, why was she doing that to weaken L.A. if she didn’t know where her target was, anyway?

Even if the update contains some good bits of play (questionable, depending on tastes), it’s still driven by the same bad story centering around the same lame villain.

If an elder dragon did show up, and was scripted fairly, I’m sure Scarlet would soon be revealed to be a “dragon spooker”.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

Good time to me to return to Norrath. I’ll return to evaluate the damage, but see no reason to be in game to witness it.

Say hello to the people on Luclin for me. Oh, wait, can’t do that. They blew it up.

Nice try. Everquest2, it has always been blown up. Please note that Freeport and Qeynos have “not” been blown up.

I know that, but they did “destroy” Freeport as I knew it by turning it over to Sir Lucan (who we killed dozens of times for Fiery Avengers but hey, what’s a little detail like that?). And there’s a lot of other stuff which was fundamentally changed between games which made me look at EverQuest 2 and go “seriously? You should have just made a new game”.

Want to know what else? Lord Nagafen continues, despite it being canonically in game he was killed (Zordak Ragefire’s squatting in his den, for instance). Then there’s what the heck they did with Mayong Mistmoore . . . people complain about Scarlet but man, Sony beat ANet to the punch with “super NPC who can only win and not lose”. They also beat them to making skritt playable (chetari).

I don’t expect EQN to be anything worth it lore-wise. They’ve already shredded everything I had enjoyed in Norrath for the sake of just changing it because reasons.

It could be a great game in game methods, but really . . . it’s only comparable to the cranial rectal reassignment which happened to Toril (Forgotten Realms) to make it fit fourth edition D&D.

Shrug. They did the “paramount” routine of “alternate timeline”. Not defending anything about EQ2 lore, just stated that for me, Norrath will be a better place for me to be while Anet destroys a pretty integral component of their existing lore for THIS game, not GW1.

It is a done deal. It will happen regardless of player input. I don’t need to be here to experience or participate in what I feel is a major mistake. I’ll return after to see the damage and decide if there is a point to continuing in a game that seems to reject “permanent content” in favor of short term destruction pandering to bored end level players.

TBH, Sony did this, when they kicked every player out of the racial suburbs and made them “one time” quest zones. End result.. players were booted out of places they had lived for years in favor of “new” content that was done.. oh.. 3 months maybe, and now largely abandoned. Wrecked zones, removal of options for what.. temp content. Sounds familiar.. Bad decision when Sony made it, bad decision now.

Destroying existing content to overlay “new” content over it has never flown with a pretty large part of the MMO demographic.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

(edited by Teofa Tsavo.9863)

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

What’s interesting is what’s going to happen to the Tengu guarding that wall in LA?

Verrrry interesting.

the tengu will not be effected at all, maybe throw out 1 liners.

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

@Teofa Tsavo There’s no fragmentation, everything will be moved to the Vigil Keep.

That’s exactely one of the things I don’t like. The Vigil Keep belongs to the Vigil. Everyone who’s not part of the Vigil is nothing more but a guest. Divinities Reach is the humans capital, so everyone not beening a human is only a guest there.

Lions Arch was everyones City.

refugees go where makes sense, and vigil keep is defendable, has an army and is just across gendarren fields.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Why don’t they blow up Divinities Reach, if they want to destroy something?

Because Logan is just too awesome (prepares tin foiled hat for all the flaming to come).

I’ll just leave this for you

Hahahaha And I was so sure that was going to be a trap, so glad I took the risk to check it out, ty.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Zhaneel.9208

Zhaneel.9208

The only way this LS could possibly redeem itself is if something of significance lies beneath LA. Like a magical artifact, Elder Dragon etc. Not just another, “Look at me I’m Scarlet and I do evil things, teehee.”

If there is something valuable underneath the city itself that will progress the story toward something huge like Mordremoth, then yes, it would be somewhat exciting to see LA go. Other than that this looks like the last of the diversions they are throwing into the LS since they plan these things months in advance.

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I have a feeling it wont be destroyed, besides it wont even be the first time the city has been attacked. It has been attacked before in some of our personal stories which I might add was one the most memorable parts of any of the stories I have done on all 8 chars.

I just hope this turns out to be more than what I expect it to be.

Oh, it will be destroyed..

http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/02/11/prepare-to-escape-from-lions-arch-in-guild-wars-2s-next-conten/

That article was genuinely funny. Heh. Some jerk in a forge indeed.

Vigil Keep, eh? I wouldn’t mind all 3 Order HQ’s becoming hubs, but just one seems sort of weird. But then again it sounds temporary, so who knows.

Posted by: Kosseca.7312

Kosseca.7312

I am very excited about this update. On one hand I feel that for once we can be part of one of the great event that shape this world. Regardless of the outcome, it will be fun to be part of it in lieu of being told about it. Leveling LA to the ground does raises questions from a “where is the game going” point of view, but to be honest, none that are without solution or that would severely alter the game play.

People wants new content, this is a way to introduce new content. I can just see events popping all over LA! I’m just hoping that the reward are decent this time around!?!?

Posted by: Kalarchis.8635

Kalarchis.8635

We defended (and I wouldn’t say easily) LA against a dragon champion, and a mindless monster of one at that. Not to mention the army that time was undead; not exactly overachievers. Scarlet is intelligent and resourceful and has an army made up of multiple factions of civilized races who have pooled their tech together into a very advanced and potent force. She is considerably better prepared and better equipped to take the city than Zhaitan ever was.

Plus if you haven’t figured out she’s a dragon champion by now…

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Wonder if there is any chance this will open up the Dominion of Winds.

Posted by: OptimistPrime.9283

OptimistPrime.9283

We will probably find our new “hub” being the Vigil for now, but I reaaaally do not want it.

I want players to be scattered in the racial cities.

Darkhaven’s giant purple cat thief thing

Kashrlyyk.5364

….
We defended (and I wouldn’t say easily) LA against a dragon champion, and a mindless monster of one at that. Not to mention the army that time was undead; not exactly overachievers. Scarlet is intelligent and resourceful and has an army made up of multiple factions of civilized races who have pooled their tech together into a very advanced and potent force. She is considerably better prepared and better equipped to take the city than Zhaitan ever was.

She also has failed at every invasion attempt she made. Zhaitan owns three entire maps which are NEVER conquered by the players or the pact. There is no ingame reason for why she should succeed at something that Zhaitan failed at. That is bad writing for me.

Plus if you haven’t figured out she’s a dragon champion by now…

So she is even more of an unbelievable mary sue-ish character now.

Posted by: Naevius.3185

Naevius.3185

I always liked the GW2 version of LA…

The next version will be built from scavenged airships!

Tobias Trueflight.8350

….

She also has failed at every invasion attempt she made. Zhaitan owns three entire maps which are NEVER conquered by the players or the pact. There is no ingame reason for why she should succeed at something that Zhaitan failed at. That is bad writing for me.

Zhaitan didn’t directly attack Lion’s Arch, only Claw Island. So of course he failed, it never tried.

Scarlet also never bothered trying to hold anywhere her invasions were centered on except for the Pavilion. Where the awesomeness which is Job-O-Tron forced her to retreat.

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Fire dudes, poison dudes and mole dudes. Can’t wait all that torment, poison, burning and daze.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

….

This is simply false. In every “invasion” or alliance scenario, Scarlet obtained what she wanted. With the Molten Alliance, her goal was to obtain the specific sonic technology used in the thumpers. With the Aetherblades, the goal of the invasion was to kill a member of the Captain’s Council and install one of her own on the seat – the first part (the actual invasion + assassination) succeeded, while the player thwarted her attempt to put Mai Trin on the council. With the Toxic Alliance, her goal was to obtain a poison and modify it to be immune to any antidote that the races could concoct – the tower itself was arbitrary, though, if it had been left unchecked, things would have been worse. In the Queen’s Jubilee event, her goal was to obtain the clockwork army – everything else was secondary. The Marionette wasn’t an invasion – it was a weapon’s test.

So what, exactly has she failed at?

Posted by: inazuma.7021

inazuma.7021

I have a feeling it wont be destroyed, besides it wont even be the first time the city has been attacked. It has been attacked before in some of our personal stories which I might add was one the most memorable parts of any of the stories I have done on all 8 chars.

I just hope this turns out to be more than what I expect it to be.

It was also attacked by the White Mantle and mursaat, the tormented minions of Abaddon, and the charr . . . in order of recent to oldest. I suspect it was under attack once before that too.

You forgot the Karka.

Vhaewyn – Level 80 Sylvari Ranger
Dakka Warforge- Level 80 Charr Engineer
Xairro – Level 80 Asura Revenant

Posted by: Omg Im Target.3095

Omg Im Target.3095

This is funny, people always complain about the living story cause it is never really doing something, now it finally does something big and people whine.

Be more ironic guys or are you paid by Bethesda for hating?

Paulytnz.7619

This is funny, people always complain about the living story cause it is never really doing something, now it finally does something big and people whine.

Lol I think you have not realised yet that when one part of the GW2 population is not moaning the other is and vice versa, there is also another part of the population who does not even do so or bother with the forums.

Posted by: Psientist.6437

Psientist.6437

Burning down LA seems masochistic and has shark jumping potential. I can’t help picturing the devs posturing, “Come at us bro. We’re willing to burn the whole thing to the ground!” This type of inflationary story telling mirrors the inflationary model being applied crafting.

Hopefully the reward of rebuilding the world makes this worthwhile. Would be interesting to see player choices and actions influence how the world is rebuilt. Tyria could really use some sandbox.

“No! You can’t eat the ones that talk!
They’re special! They got aspirations.”
Finn the human

Paulytnz.7619

Burning down LA seems masochistic and has shark jumping potential. I can’t help picturing the devs posturing, “Come at us bro. We’re willing to burn the whole thing to the ground!” This type of inflationary story telling mirrors the inflationary model being applied crafting.

Hopefully the reward of rebuilding the world makes this worthwhile. Would be interesting to see player choices and actions influence how the world is rebuilt. Tyria could really use some sandbox.

Maybe that’s it! The answer to the “why” – LA to become the area where player housing is located! Meh one can only dream and hope. :P

Kashrlyyk.5364

…..
So what, exactly has she failed at?

I was actually thinking about the "Scarlet is invading <map name>. " events where she NEVER conquers any land: Her invasions fail. The rest of your argument reminds me of what David Mitchell says at 18:34: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WmWXTqX3VA

Posted by: Brizna.5612

Brizna.5612

I honestly don’t think Lion’s Arch is going to disapear for good, at most it will be unavailbale for a few days:

A new HUB isn’t exactly what I’d call a real content addition but it does take a lot of work to make.
It isn’t just the HUB as in merchants, Mystic Toilet and all, what about al the Personal Story instances that start there? Are they going to change all those too?

It’s not that they can’t it’s that imo it’s a hell of work to do just to get a new place for merchants to stand in.

The cutscene says it clearly: Lion’s Arch is “under siege”, it never says it will be conquered …. but we’ll see.

Posted by: Daesyn.4781

Daesyn.4781

tinfoil hat

We all know that Scarlet isn’t really a bad gal. She is just trying to dig out the bad guy from under Lion’s Arch who has been disguising himself as a Queen so that she can kill him and become the greatest Hero in the world.

All hail Scarlet!

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

So LA has survived everything that has been thrown at it since gw1 but as soon as Scarlet steps foot in it, it gets destroyed. So either Scarlett is more OP than everything else or bad writing and plot. You choose.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

I’m totally okay with losing Lion’s Arch, maybe even in favor of it as long as this means that

-Each racial city is getting their own mystic forge, portal hub, wvw-pvp portals and Fractals gate.
-Returning or temporary LS events are equally spread apart across the racial cities (Hoelbrak getting Wintersday due to setting aesthetics, Black Citadel getting Holloween now due to the new Bloody Prince connections, Rata Sum and Divinity’s Reach sticking with SAB and Queen’s Jubilee, etc.)
-Certain dungeon armor sellers are relative to each city (Ascalon Catacombs and CoF sticking to the Black Citadel, Twilight Arbor armor can only be bought from a seller in The Grove, etc.)

If Divnity’s Reach is going to become the new hub that everyone is forced to congregate to, then I see no point in getting rid of Lion’s Arch.

This. This and this.

I ALWAYS wanted Hoelbrak to be the Wintersday hub…I mean that thing looks like a fairy tale. With destruction of LA, other cities should get more importance. Make it happen, Anet!

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

I think you’re missing the point that when players asked for more permanent things, they meant permanent, replayable, things.

The big problem wasn’t that the living story didn’t change things. It’s that it didn’t add anything to the game. So much content that is in the game for two weeks, then goes away, while other games slowly accumulate more and more dungeons, more zones, more quests over time.

Maybe the new, burnt LA will have a bunch of new stuff to do. Or maybe it will just be LA, except ruined, so the players can say “I was there when” according to one of ArenaNet’s stated development goals.

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

I am really excited. I am worried about Canach, though. I hope that he survives.

This is going to be awesome. I love to see stories having a real, lasting impact on the game. If only the Personal Story also had this kind of impact… Well, it doesn’t matter! This makes me happy!

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

Posted by: Cauthon.1780

Cauthon.1780

Yeeeeah! At least some good action, i just want them to blow up LA so we can move on and discover new places. So take pictures everyone xDD

Posted by: Pirlipat.2479

Pirlipat.2479

[Quote]This is funny, people always complain about the living story cause it is never really doing something, now it finally does something big and people whine.

[/Quote]

Look, I wasn’t asking for Ascended-grind to be implemented, I wasn’t asking for my main characters appearance getting ruined by some weired graphic update and especially I wasn’t asking for their artistic masterpiece to get burned down for the sake of a poorly written mainstory.

For me it feels like I was watching my favorite artist preparing to throw acid on his masterpiece for the sake of public effect. Well, we will see if it pay off.

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

I have to guest to TC at some point. I’ve always been interested in the RP side of this and might throw my hat into that ring on occasion.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!