Found Heirlooms - Is there enough time?

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

thief with speed signet…it takes me 1 LA event run to get al 40 of them. I use cloak just in 1 area…the pirate cave top-left corner. The entrance to that cave is filled with mobs so yea… Other then that..normal run from “A..to B…to C”… When i finish i still have about 20min left out of the whole siege event.

Posted by: Bluee.1425

Bluee.1425

40 a day for 6 days gets you 240. You can get the 10 from the citizen, 2 per day too.

Commander Champion Magus Bluee of Rata Sum Security [RSS]

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

U can get them from “saving” random citizens also? Didn’t know that :o

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Are you guys getting heirlooms from rubble 100% cause I’m mainly getting a disposable weapon and no heirloom. Searched 30 for the achieve and must have got under 10 from rubble.

Don’t have a full inventory when you do it.

Posted by: Lasica.5068

Lasica.5068

Based on my experiences it will take you an hour a day to get both potions with ease and you’ll probably have a 100 or so heirlooms left over at the end of the fortnight.

Why make sense, when it’s so much more fun to make nonsense?

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

You can get all 40 in 30 minutes; faster if you’re using one with a 25% movement speed. After that, you’ll have to decide if the 1-2 extra heirlooms is worth staying on the map for another 15 minutes.

Posted by: spiritus.7983

spiritus.7983

can anyone ELI5 me how to get this things? coz I dont get them, aparently it suppose to be tiers of citizen rescued and every tier I suppose to get a bag with them inside. I play like 5 events so far and I get 9, and thowse 9 where on first event I did. since then I got nothing, I reset computer, router, everything and still I go to events to 7-900 citizen resqued and get nothing

Evil, GH -Charr rule.
A Skritt is dumb. A group of Skritt are smart.
A Human is smart. A group of Humans are idiots.

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

You get them from the Rubble Piles around LA.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: Zypher.7609

Zypher.7609

Posted by: spiritus.7983

spiritus.7983

ok piles
but the tiers?

Evil, GH -Charr rule.
A Skritt is dumb. A group of Skritt are smart.
A Human is smart. A group of Humans are idiots.

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

Seriousely… if you get… well say… 35 heirlooms a day…
Which means for me, that I need at LEAST 3 hours to gather all the spots while totally ignoring events…

I’m sorry what? It takes you 3 HOURS?! What the hell, are you doing it while perma chilled or something? Ignoring events it should only take one round, even on an up level when you have a map.

It takes me 2 rounds, and I only go after 30 rubble… Its takes awhile when you have to solo them. Getting through mobs and dying multiple times….I don’t have a guild that is interested in grinding so, it is slow enough.

All this encourages is people afk in the event, to get ‘free’ bags.

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Which means for me, that I need at LEAST 3 hours to gather all the spots while totally ignoring events…

I’m sorry what? It takes you 3 HOURS?! What the hell, are you doing it while perma chilled or something? Ignoring events it should only take one round, even on an up level when you have a map.

It takes me 2 rounds, and I only go after 30 rubble… Its takes awhile when you have to solo them. Getting through mobs and dying multiple times….I don’t have a guild that is interested in grinding so, it is slow enough.

First off all, I’m on a guardian, maybe that is making the change. But I am visiting them all each day and it takes me no more then 30 minutes to get all 40 locations. I do it alone, but also don’t really fight a lot on the way.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

First off all, I’m on a guardian, maybe that is making the change. But I am visiting them all each day and it takes me no more then 30 minutes to get all 40 locations. I do it alone, but also don’t really fight a lot on the way.

Necro.. and I find even with speed boosts I’m not quick enough to avoid some of the mobs, particularly those up towards the diving board

(edited by Taygus.4571)

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

On my engineer I can easily get at least 30-35 tokens during one event each reset. I just keep running and the mobs do not appear strong enough to kill me (unless they are elites with ranged attacks)

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Necro.. and I find even with speed boosts I’m not quick enough to avoid some of the mobs, particularly those up towards the diving board

Well, the diving board (only needed for one rubble) is one of the hardest in the map.

I would suggest for a necro to take some time before you go to that spot to fill your life force (if needed). when at the waypoint there you ignore the one at that cave. jsut run through, when you get to the heavy hitting ones on top of the hill, enter deathshroud, and stay in it till you are past it. there is one irritating vet following you and keeping you from making the final jump, but that one shouldn’t be too much off an issue (tough with a speedboost, in your case e.g. the warhorn skill, it is easy to with her agro).

The main issue with the necromancer is that you need to attack to have your deathshroud. So always make sure you got it loaded and use the trash mobs (less then vet) to get it up and recognise the hard parts.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: lolitsage.2185

lolitsage.2185

That’s only if you already know where all the rubbles are. If you have to constantly alt+tab and go look around, it’s gonna take quite some time to find them all.

I still alt tab because I mindlessly follow dulfys guide which has the locations on a silver platter and get it done in 40minutes tops, stop over exaggerating it’s not that difficult.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Well, the diving board (only needed for one rubble) is one of the hardest in the map.

I would suggest for a necro to take some time before you go to that spot to fill your life force (if needed). when at the waypoint there you ignore the one at that cave. jsut run through, when you get to the heavy hitting ones on top of the hill, enter deathshroud, and stay in it till you are past it. there is one irritating vet following you and keeping you from making the final jump, but that one shouldn’t be too much off an issue (tough with a speedboost, in your case e.g. the warhorn skill, it is easy to with her agro).

The main issue with the necromancer is that you need to attack to have your deathshroud. So always make sure you got it loaded and use the trash mobs (less then vet) to get it up and recognise the hard parts.

There is Signet of Undeath. Generate life force while in combat. Being in combat is not going to be a problem. :p

Khisanth.2948

That’s only if you already know where all the rubbles are. If you have to constantly alt+tab and go look around, it’s gonna take quite some time to find them all.

I still alt tab because I mindlessly follow dulfys guide which has the locations on a silver platter and get it done in 40minutes tops, stop over exaggerating it’s not that difficult.

or just print out the map and avoid having to alt+tab out of the game

Posted by: biofrog.1568

biofrog.1568

Yeah really.. I run through the map on a zerker ele, and still get all 40 in 30 minutes. That’s the lowest HP, lowest defence character possible, and it is still very easy to complete in that time.

You don’t have to kill everything (or in fact, anything) since that will also just slow you down. Get it done, out the way, then enjoy the events from there on out.

“There’s no lag but what we make.” – biofrog

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

If they wanted us to have only ONE of both tonics they could have made it a choice for the meta, or restrict buying to ONE of choice ONLY.

I’ve spent 5 hours in this maze now, for 25(!) heirlooms… Yeah…!

What? So you’re saying that more dedicated players shouldn’t get rewarded by putting more effort? If you only want one of the tonics, then be my guest.

Besides, if you spent 5 hours and only got 25 heirlooms, I don’t think I have anything nice to say about your searching skills/awareness.

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I have the route down pretty well now. I used Dulfy’s list but, modified it heavily to be a counter clockwise rotation. I ran all 40 in about 22 minutes before. I have a level 80 and 10 Guardian which aren’t the speediest classes. I’ll try it on my Warrior tomorrow. That first day though I spent several hours searching for them too.

You also get heirlooms from saving civilians. I Just purchased my halo a few hours ago. I don’t see an issue (for me) with getting both if one chooses too. It all comes down to the map your on. Good players will be saving civilians and getting those bags with heirlooms in it. Other players will be zerging the events and running right past the civilians.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Didn’t realise that you got them from saving citizens, thanks for the information is it from actually saving them (i.e. shouting at them or ressing them) or from the bags for rescuing 100, 300 etc of them?

It probably explains why I have more than I’d expect to have at this point.

(edited by Pifil.5193)

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

It is a bad idea to have this kind of counter-productive search in the middle of the zone though, each cycle there must be people visiting all the rubble spots in the game and not rescuing citizens (as is their right, IMHO) it would have been better if the rubble spots were a one time thing that gave, say, 3-4 heirlooms each and the game also randomly spawned bodies near citizens that you could also loot heirlooms from.

It would have the benefit that “playing the game” (search and rescue) would be more rewarding rather than simply running around a static list of daily drop locations.

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

You get one heirloom from the standard citizen bag and five heirlooms from the ultimate bag (rescue 1,200 citizens). That’s a total of eight heirlooms per run if you get 1,200 citizens (which I am seeing main servers do without organised guilds running the show). The event still has some design issues imo (the different objectives divide player interests and successful completion of the event isn’t a natural conclusion, players choose one thing or another at the expense of other players) but even given any issues with the design, the fact that main servers are able to get people to go for 1,200 successfully tells me the balance is right (1,500 was too much).

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

That’s a total of eight heirlooms per run if you get 1,200 citizens (which I am seeing main servers do without organised guilds running the show).

Nine. You get four standard bags (100, 300, 600, 900) and one ultimate bag (1200).

And for anyone interested, yes, it’s totally doable to get multiple of these horns/halo potions in the LS time period. I’ve already nearly gotten my second and the first weekend just ended. I expect to be able to get two more in the time remaining.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

Guys, it’s like snowmans, pignattas and pumpkins. If you enter in a overflow lion arch, you get 30+ rubbles to search.

That WAS true until a couple patches ago – My first two days of playing yielded a few runs (each experiencing a couple-3 dc’s + overflow assignments per run) where I got 30 or so each.

Now it seems to no longer do that.

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

Guys, it’s like snowmans, pignattas and pumpkins. If you enter in a overflow lion arch, you get 30+ rubbles to search.

That WAS true until a couple patches ago – My first two days of playing yielded a few runs (each experiencing a couple-3 dc’s + overflow assignments per run) where I got 30 or so each.

Once again the early birds get to profit from something that’s not available anymore.

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

Once again the early birds get to profit from something that’s not available anymore.

Philosophically correct; but practically, it netted me a grand total of less than ~30 total heirlooms more than someone who didn’t know about the issue over the entire two days. That’s not a relevant gain over the lifetime of the event.

Granted, I didn’t grind this event constantly, but the novelty of the map and figuring out what was going on contributed to me missing the fact this was happening with the overflows until like the second day.

Khisanth.2948

That was not the case when I tested on patch day. Even with a different character it still gave nothing for a rubble that was already “used”.

Posted by: Phlogus.2371

Phlogus.2371

Any word if the heirlooms will still be around to be discovered after this week?

Phlogustus Male Char DD Ele
Molen Labe Female Human Necro
Devonas Rest – Black Rose Legion -CF4L

Khisanth.2948

Any word if the heirlooms will still be around to be discovered after this week?

Haven’t seen anything about it on the forum. Try Twitter or Facebook …

Posted by: Bazooka.3590

Bazooka.3590

Hi,

anyone knows where can i redeem my Found Heirlooms after the new update?

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

The vendors were removed and probably will not return.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news March 11, 2014
CC Danicia
Community Coordinator
Greetings all,
As of March 18th, Alliance Supplies will stop dropping and you will not be able to receive any new Found Belongings or Found Heirlooms. Related to this, you will no longer be able to turn in Found Belongings and Found Heirlooms for items.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Posted by: Bazooka.3590

Bazooka.3590

Thank you for the answer.

Ok this game is very uninformative i understand but
if you dont read the forums everyday then you have to endure ingame disadvantages?
You have to throw out hours of farming time?
I have stacks of this crap >:(

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

There is a thread in this forum here asking for the heirloom merchant to come back for a short while. Maybe you can add your request to it. Who knows, the Devs might do it.