Posted by: Heiltdo.2891

Heiltdo.2891

Agreed 100%

Make the new City more FPS friendly.

Good riddance!

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Lion’s Arch was also far from the best looking city in this game. All non-norn starting cities are a lot more amazing to see, imo.

I hope that, whatever substitutes LA as the main hub in the future, ia visually more impressive.

Good riddance!

Posted by: Ajaxx.3157

Ajaxx.3157

Black Citadel best RUS

Ajaxx – Warrior – [JuG] – Desolation [eu]

http://www.twitch.tv/irajaxx

Good riddance!

Posted by: inazuma.7021

inazuma.7021

I do all my “city stuff” in the Grove, anyway. It’s very peaceful.

Vhaewyn – Level 80 Sylvari Ranger
Dakka Warforge- Level 80 Charr Engineer
Xairro – Level 80 Asura Revenant

Good riddance!

Posted by: The Spiral King.2483

The Spiral King.2483

Yeah, I hate LA. Though I somehow doubt the feeling Anet wants us to feel for this update is, “finally that salad kitten is doing something useful.”

Good riddance!

Posted by: Marax.4938

Marax.4938

I love Lion’s Arch with it’s sandy beaches and palm trees. It’s pirate theme and unique ship bridges architecture. :’(

The waterfalls and fun little areas like the sky high diving spot with a great view akin to the character select background. The black market cave. The beautiful fountain.

Or what about the cool quaggan and swimmer riddeld underwater ruins of old guild wars prophecies Lion’s Arch?

I hope we don’t lose Lion’s Arch in a permanent fashion!

Good riddance!

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I’ll be surprised if this really is a full blown bye bye to LA. The teaser doesn’t say it’ll be gone forever, just that an attack’s coming, despite the dramatic implications.

Otoh I’ll be pleasantly surprised if it is. Not because I dislike the city, but because that’s the sort of big world changing stuff that I thought this game would have. The world’s at war with giant forces of nature and a megavillain, it’s unreal not to have direct/collateral damage and serious impact on lives.

Good riddance!

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

They’d have to make historical instances for the personal story, though. A lot of mid-level content revolves around Lion’s Arch.

…but doing so means they’d be free to do a lot more with the living story.

Good riddance!

Posted by: Kruhljak.2705

Kruhljak.2705

I agree with Donari. Never being entirely sure something that seems to be an essentially immutable fixture in the world won’t suddenly go poof or morph into something measurably different is exactly what a tumultuous “Living World” should imply. Much as with the characters in Game of Thrones. Where the vast majority of shows are locked into their pivotal characters until the actors bail out, GoT obliterates them from the face of the storyline based on that very storyline not on whether fans like a given character or not. And that makes the storyline (especially for those unfamiliar with it ahead of time) so much more engaging.

It also rewards long time players with “in my day” memories, and even for newcomers, it gives them something to reference…like an actual history. All good IMO.

Good riddance!

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

At first I hoped this would make the other cities more usefull (like they should have been from the start).

But guess what? All the LA-only facilities are being moved to Vigil Keep…
WHY!? Move them to the other cities! That’s what they are for!

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Good riddance!

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

They’d have to make historical instances for the personal story, though. A lot of mid-level content revolves around Lion’s Arch.

…but doing so means they’d be free to do a lot more with the living story.

Indeed. More important than destroying a city, this is a sign that they are (finally) moving forward with the story and are not afraid of messing with the Personal Story anymore. That means that important characters of the Personal Story can die, cities can be build (please please please expand Ebonhawke), Orr can be cured, the peace treaty between Charr and Humans can be signed, the Charr can get rid of the ghosts, and so on!
This is great for the game, and as the rabid fan that I am, I couldn’t be happier.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

Good riddance!

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

And maybe Ember Doomforge can find something else to do.

Good riddance!

Posted by: TheReaperTheFourthHorsemen.7894

TheReaperTheFourthHorsemen.7894

Can Scarlet burn Divinity Reach to the ground after shes done razing Lion’s Arch

my fate is my own, I will not be Mordremoth’s slave!- Ezonos Nightbriar

Good riddance!

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

I am not a huge fan of Lions Arch, kinda laggy and I am not a big fan of pirates or the nautical theme of the town. Sure it will be wrecked but I do not doubt for a second Lions Arch will be rebuilt, probably with the same ugly pirate nautical theme.

Temporarily destroying Lions Arch is an inconvenience, I just hope the big reveal at the end of season one is worth all this hassle. Quite frankly I am sick and tired of Scarlet and her rubbish story/character.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Good riddance!

Can Scarlet burn Divinity Reach to the ground after shes done razing Lion’s Arch

She’s already been to DR. Black Citadel is next ^^

~Sincerely, Scissors

Good riddance!

Posted by: Ajaxx.3157

Ajaxx.3157

Black Citadel isn’t made of Wood :P Bring it

Ajaxx – Warrior – [JuG] – Desolation [eu]

http://www.twitch.tv/irajaxx

Good riddance!

Posted by: Darkbattlemage.9612

Darkbattlemage.9612

Also I doubt any of the Charr would simply let a insane plant waltz right into their city with her armies. Also they do have quite a few tanks parked inside waiting to be unleashed on anyone stupid enough to strike.

I’m the Asura Elementalist that stole all your cookies, well except the oatmeal ones.
Chaos always finds a way, who you think Evil learned it from?

Good riddance!

Also I doubt any of the Charr would simply let a insane plant waltz right into their city with her armies. Also they do have quite a few tanks parked inside waiting to be unleashed on anyone stupid enough to strike.

That’s why I want her to attack there. It would be a glorious battle!

~Sincerely, Scissors

Good riddance!

Darkbattlemage.9612

Can this be the theme playing during the attack? I think it fits the Charr High Legions quite well.

I’m the Asura Elementalist that stole all your cookies, well except the oatmeal ones.

Good riddance!

Can this be the theme playing during the attack? I think it fits the Charr High Legions quite well.

Oh yes!!! Though lets go with the RA3 version of it

~Sincerely, Scissors

Good riddance!

Darkbattlemage.9612

agreed. Now what do we do about the prisoners we would acquire during and after the siege has been dealt with.

Good riddance!

agreed. Now what do we do about the prisoners we would acquire during and after the siege has been dealt with.

We let them fight in the Citadel’s Arena of course. Would make for one hell of a show. Drinks are on me!

~Sincerely, Scissors

Good riddance!

Darkbattlemage.9612

We let them fight in the Citadel’s Arena of course. Would make for one hell of a show. Drinks are on me!

I think the Charr gonna need a bigger arena to fit all the spectators.

Good riddance!

I think the Charr gonna need a bigger arena to fit all the spectators.

Well we don’t put them in all at once of course. Maybe 1v1’s or 2v2’s.
Besides, considering the Charr’s immense firepower, there won’t be that many survivors.

~Sincerely, Scissors

Good riddance!

Posted by: Wintel.4873

Wintel.4873

Remember what happened in WoW with Shattrath and Dalaran? It caused all racial cities to become ghost towns.

I’m surprised GW2 didn’t learn from that mistake…a single quick-access neutral hub is never a good idea from a loading screen and lag standpoint. Nobody really enjoys it, they are mainly just there because it’s so convenient (Heart Of The Mists teleport) and central.

Good riddance!

Darkbattlemage.9612

Well we don’t put them in all at once of course. Maybe 1v1’s or 2v2’s.
Besides, considering the Charr’s immense firepower, there won’t be that many survivors.

Oh I wasn’t implying on there being a lot of gladiators but rather a lot of people wanting to see the survivors tear each other apart, I don’t think the arena nearly has enough space for everyone that wants to watch.

I’m surprised GW2 didn’t learn from that mistake…a single quick-access neutral hub is never a good idea from a loading screen and lag standpoint. Nobody really enjoys it, they are mainly just there because it’s so convenient (Heart Of The Mists teleport) and central.

Perhaps they sort of learned their lesson and that is they are destroying Lion’s Arch. Perhaps they need just a little extra time to tweak the racial towns to be incentive to the players of that race.

Good riddance!

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

Remember what happened in WoW with Shattrath and Dalaran? It caused all racial cities to become ghost towns.

There are only 3 main reasons why LA was popular:
1. It was central in the map..so the teleporting fees were evening out regardless of the area u were in.
2. Mystic forge
3. Personal story quests

Rest are details that never mattered including wvw portals/mists portal because they are accessible via menus.

If u eliminate major fees to all capitals and introduce mystic forges in every capital.. i bet u anything they will get populated very fast. A good example was what they tried to do with the human capital when they put in all the crafting/forges and whatever in it. Problem is it costs u real money to use it or get to it. So yea..u won’t see that any time soon or even if u see it it will cost u months of money considering u are gambling BL chests for that ticket or whatever u need to get access to that zone.

Good riddance!

Posted by: Recalibar.6482

Recalibar.6482

You’d be surprised. In a Personal story mission, a level 10 searing effigy walks right though the front door, right past all of their defenses, and if you don’t stop it, kills everyone in the black Citadel. I was not impressed.

Good riddance!

Posted by: DiscoJacen.1590

DiscoJacen.1590

And then as LA explodes a gap opens and we can go do Fissures of Woe and Underworlds gain YAY! : D

[ZERK] [RuSh]
Underworld