How Long Until LA is Back?

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: My Monkey Brains.6079

My Monkey Brains.6079

Like the topic states, is there any date for when the rubble will be cleared and LA becomes an actual city again?

He will knock four times.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

No.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

Maybe people will abandon LA. Maybe it will be become a small village with several huts amongst the wreckage. At the moment all directions are open.

Posted by: CoffeeMakesMeSmile.8172

CoffeeMakesMeSmile.8172

I’d like it to become one map sized, labyrinthine jumping puzzle. I think that would be fun – especially if it had lots of nice chests and lootable enemies on it. Of course, I’d like all the old features of LA restored too (bank, mystic fountain, tp, raisin-face).

I’m pretty sure my idea is not on the Anet drawing board so I guess I’ll just have to dream….

Posted by: dietzero.3514

dietzero.3514

Hopefully never.

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

There can be mainly two options:

Option 1:
- The city starts rebuilding, slowly over time, donations would be accepted again, and initiatives from the other cities would start, lending them architects and the few resources they can spare. Donations from adventurers would be the most of it as city and order resources are scarce, and posts would be set in different locations to receive such donations. Depending on the number of donations on each post (including the orders, the pact and settlements like Skrittsburg and Ebonhawke an even the Labyrinthine Cliffs for a while during the annual visit of the Zephyr Sanctum ), the final appearance of the city would change, the higher the donations in one location, the more its architecture would affect the final result. But the city would no longer use as many ship and pirate themes as before. The people no longer trusts the Council of captains as much, and the pirate themes remind them too much of the Aetherblades, so people start going for other themes, the only exception being the Black Lion Company ship, which stays “piratey” as its led with the only true selfish pirate left in the city. At the same time, almost without people noticing, a few Canthan refugees and wandering merchants manage to arrive from sea now that Zhaitan is out of the way, and start building houses too on top of other houses in the rocky sides of the eastern mountains and cliffs, a bit like the Labyrinthine Cliffs, a bit like old Kaineng (Kaineng would have been cleansed, all those houses build on top of each other demolished and homogeneous tall, grayish buildings built in place instead by the Ministry of Purity), eventually turning that section of LA into a labyrinthine city with lots of paths and hidden nooks an crannies and people to meet and hear stories of what may have been of Cantha, and a couple of new jumping puzzles… like a bit of the old Kaineng you can travel with jumps and devices like in the Labyrinthine Cliffs and the Aetherblade hideout.

- Anything else, which would be boring and I would not care much for.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

I just want the vistas to go back to the way they were before.

Not gonna happen, but still…

Posted by: Evon Skyfyre.9673

Evon Skyfyre.9673

It was leased to Disney. Lol

Posted by: Sitkaz.5463

Sitkaz.5463

Some people are still hoping it’s the Tengu level 15-25 area.

Posted by: Sindex.9520

Sindex.9520

Believe it or not I would like a verily dark story to happen during the rebuilding of Lion’s Arch. Kind of been imagining it in my head the last couple of weeks. Basically it involves a magistrate from the Consortium taking over the rebuilding efforts. However like all things related Consortium they don’t really supervise the magistrate that in charge of doing so. The magistrate starts by using his/her place of power to turn piracy illegal by blaming the Captain’s Council for the fall of Lion’s Arch. As well as rising tension between people blaming specific races (the Sylvari is especially singled out) for not killing or incarcerating Scarlet when they had the chance. Even going as far as blaming them of aiding and abetting during her grand scheme. Having mock trials and putting some of our favorite characters as witness, in order to frame our allies for misdeeds. Even forcing Kiel to testify that the Captain’s Council sat back and did nothing in preparation for Scarlet attack.

All in all the magistrate would have a secret agenda of course. Maybe trying to harvest the energy of the ley-line that Scarlet has uncovered. In turn trying to spreading paranoia and fear to keep the local masses in check while his/her plan went unhitched. Furthermore the magistrate is employing scheme’s outside of Lion’s Arch in order to keep the heroes of Tyria busy. Sending out specialized assassins/mercenaries and other criminals to lay traps for the heroes to be killed in. In the end power and greed turn to be the magistrate undoing which eventually leads to his death at the hands of Mr, E. It is unveiled that the magistrate is actually a member of a secret criminal organization called the Modus Sceleris. The Consortium takes no blame because they state that “the magistrate was no longer in their employment, because he/she was not sending back the proper paperwork during the post-reconstruction phase of LA.” The captain’s council takes back the city and receding the Consortium control over the city.

We would end up visiting certain areas across Tyria as this story would unfold. Including seeing such places as the Wizards Tower in Kessex Hills and going underneath The Crown Pavilion in Divinity’s Reach. Also meet up with Vael decedents in just outside of Ebonhawk as they hunt down the last Hydra in Tryia. Offending many Grawl and Charr along the way.

(edited by Sindex.9520)

Posted by: urbancat.5903

urbancat.5903

If it came back as city, I like some of the options presented here. I hope itcame back a very different city, the scars of the attack should be evident, mayebe some of the pieces of the drill were too costly to remove and remain embedded where they are now, people just build around them. The huge hole in the bay remain, the odd ship house still standing remain there, as the mill, but the new constructions are different.
I really hope lion’s arch is changed forever, they already did an awesome work implementing the city in ruins, I really have faith they will do something awesome with this opportunity!

Posted by: Verow.6904

Verow.6904

There are only few workers, it will take time to be rebuilt with this power

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

I’d like it to become one map sized, labyrinthine jumping puzzle. I think that would be fun – especially if it had lots of nice chests and lootable enemies on it. Of course, I’d like all the old features of LA restored too (bank, mystic fountain, tp, raisin-face).

I’m pretty sure my idea is not on the Anet drawing board so I guess I’ll just have to dream….

Raisin-face is missing and presumably dead. Read the missing people board. She (he?) has got a name too, but it escapes my memory now.

One – Piken Square

Posted by: Sophiera.1209

Sophiera.1209

Vorppa or Voppa

I wish that we have the option to buy land and invest in it ala Assassins Creed 2….

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

If they didn’t want to restore it as a city, they would not make it an empty zone (and it is a city zone, seeing as waypoints inside are free). When they will return it to usefulness is not clear however.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: dagrdagaz.4913

dagrdagaz.4913

First i was gonna say LA will be rebuild before Halloween.

Some people are still hoping it’s the Tengu level 15-25 area.

But i like this better, revenge perhaps.
In GW1 there used to be a (huge) group of Tengu north of LA.

Posted by: Tharassin.8240

Tharassin.8240

la better stay as it is now forever.

Posted by: Dean Calaway.9718

Dean Calaway.9718

Hopefully it will never be the same again, it was kind of lame how they blew the statue on Halloween then rebuilt it exactly the same.
If LA just goes back I think the idea of a living world fails.

I think the only problem is the psychological impact, if people don’t see other people around they might just think the game is dying.
Right now people are kind of spread between capitals and outposts with crafting stations because there’s no central hub.
Personally I like it since it’s a change of scenery and it doesn’t take freaking for ever to load (like old LA did), but like I said, if people take it as a sight of bad health specially since ESO is coming that might be really bad.

Victoria Cross [VC] – Desolation [EU]

Tom Gore.4035

They really cannot bring it back as it was. Otherwise their “living world” concept is thrown out of the window right there.

They can bring back all functionality of course, and the general layout, but they will need to make new dialogues and stuff. We can’t have the same NPCs going over the same lines as before.

One – Piken Square

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

This would be a perfect time to change LA to be a player/guild housing zone in addition to other services!

Let us buy spots from that ruined city and rebuild it that way:)

(edited by Ameepa.6793)

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Like the topic states, is there any date for when the rubble will be cleared and LA becomes an actual city again?

No, and hopefully it’ll never quite return. I find the prominence of the racial capitals rather refreshing :P

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Tom Gore.4035

This would be a perfect time to change LA to be a player/guild housing zone in addition to other services!

This is what I’ve been asking since launch. Too bad LA alone would be way too small to have non-instanced guild halls.

One – Piken Square

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

In GW1, Guilds had their base in the PvP hub: The Battle Isles, which had a portal to the mists. Guild Halls were in the countless small islands within the Battle Isles region.

Now the PvP hub is in the mists. So it only makes sense to make Guild halls the best possible thing they could be:

- Guild Fractals.

Unlimited space, unlimited design possibilities!

Your guild members could be able to go from their Guild fractal to a controlled WvW or PvE post.

As cool as guild housing in LA may sound, the possibilities of Guild Fractals sound way cooler to me.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: Dean Calaway.9718

Dean Calaway.9718

This is what I’ve been asking since launch. Too bad LA alone would be way too small to have non-instanced guild halls.

It’s not that small, plus they could split it into say 10 areas and auction them for a month.
Really nice money sink right there.
Sure only major guilds could get their hands on it but frankly, you think a 10 player guild should have a hall? If you look at housing on other games that’s when it starts falling apart, is everyone to themselves.

Victoria Cross [VC] – Desolation [EU]

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Hopefully never, for this first time in the history of Guild Wars 2, racial cities actually have people in them, as it should be.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Tazera.4739

Tazera.4739

Hopefully never, for this first time in the history of Guild Wars 2, racial cities actually have people in them, as it should be.

I other words, I don’t like LA, nobody should be able to visit it again

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

I other words, I don’t like LA, nobody should be able to visit it again

In other words: Anet made LA too important and made other cities useless. It has nothing to do with me not liking LA, it has to do with me wanting all cities to be equal.

I don’t mind LA coming back if it was on par with all the other cities, but that’s not likely.

Nice try though

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

la better stay as it is now forever.

You mean a zone with nothing in it and no reason to go there after you’ve seen it?

I think not.

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Oooh. That’s a GREAT idea!

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

It will definitely be rebuilt, if I were to hazard a guess it will probably come with the large update they are planning later this year.

The Living Story, the illusion of consequence.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

They’ll start moving people back in to Lion’s Arch, add more workers, etc, and run donation events for the rebuilding of Lion’s Arch. Then the dragon will appear and be like nope and proceed to destroy everything. Lion’s Arch will be turned into a smoldering crater.

Posted by: Evon Skyfyre.9673

Evon Skyfyre.9673

Part of me thinks it might be a while before it is back. I figure it will be back by Wintersday at the latest. That said, people are hanging out in other cities etc. This is not a bad thing. LA was a big chat room. And a lot of the convos weren’t worth reading.. lol

Tom Gore.4035

It’s not that small, plus they could split it into say 10 areas and auction them for a month.
Really nice money sink right there.
Sure only major guilds could get their hands on it but frankly, you think a 10 player guild should have a hall? If you look at housing on other games that’s when it starts falling apart, is everyone to themselves.

I agree and no, I don’t think every “me and 3 of my alts” guilds should have a guild hall. I am just saying there’s a lot more space around the world, in the cities, villages and towns. If they go the open world guild hall route, I’m hoping they will have lots and lots of available spaces of various sizes and locations. That way most “serious” guilds could have one, even the smaller ones. Obviously the biggest halls at the top spots would still go to the biggest guilds, just as it should be.

I think the payment for the rent should be in guild influence, not gold, though. You could have plenty of stuff to buy into the guild halls with gold, though.

One – Piken Square

Posted by: kgptzac.8419

kgptzac.8419

I absolutely hate the old architecture with all the ships conveniently fused into stones and hang in midair. It was just ugly and I sincerely hope if LA does get to be rebuild… it will look different and more aesthetically appealing. Maybe like the Havens, all stoney, or like Pact’s buildings that fuses the architectural strengths of all races.

a shard of crystal in the desert.

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

I absolutely hate the old architecture with all the ships conveniently fused into stones and hang in midair. It was just ugly and I sincerely hope if LA does get to be rebuild… it will look different and more aesthetically appealing. Maybe like the Havens, all stoney, or like Pact’s buildings that fuses the architectural strengths of all races.

Well, it being ugly is a matter of opinion. I thought the concept was cool and enjoyed the nautical bent.

Even with that said, I would like to see it be something new as well. I would like to see it a conglomeration of all the five main cultures and other influences like the orders. I think for it to be a city truly representative of all Tyria, it should look it.