in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Sneakier.9460

Sneakier.9460

BANG!!!!!!!!!!!!

57K BARRAGE on a 20k hp zerker ranger

Didn’t go there again.

Like Good ol’ Master Bronk taught:

“When it comes to besting the enemy, there’s no such thing as overkill.”

Tengu are going to go full isolation mode for the next years?

Gunnars Hold= Tuga Land

(edited by Sneakier.9460)

I went near the tengu wall...

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

should have been sneakier…

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

I’m not forgiving these filthy birds, I tell you.

LA burning and they kill the citizens instead of helping them. I think the five main races should declare war on them.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

Posted by: A Massive Headache.1879

A Massive Headache.1879

you take a 57k barrage and think of attacking them? alright then, go have fun, I’ll start work on your funeral.

Gabby.3205

you take a 57k barrage and think of attacking them? alright then, go have fun, I’ll start work on your funeral.

I’m talking about group effort here. If we can kill dragons, we can kill them too.
Might need the Pact though.

Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Darkbattlemage.9612

Darkbattlemage.9612

I’m talking about group effort here. If we can kill dragons, we can kill them too.
Might need the Pact though.

A waste of Pact resources, its purpose is to fight Dragons not avenge some careless adventurers who ignored the Tengu guards warning that they will fire upon anyone that approaches the wall at the first sign of danger. Following the same logic the non-playable races should declare war on the five playable races, the Dredge, and the Krait due to all the trouble a certain portion of them have caused. Any citizens that are harmed or killed by the Tengu are likewise responsible for their own deaths, the Tengu have given more than ample warnings.

I’m the Asura Elementalist that stole all your cookies, well except the oatmeal ones.
Chaos always finds a way, who you think Evil learned it from?

Posted by: Panda Shepard.1248

Panda Shepard.1248

They aren’t worth going after.
I just hope Scarlett attacks them so we can return the favor.

Gabby.3205

A waste of Pact resources, its purpose is to fight Dragons not avenge some careless adventurers who ignored the Tengu guards warning that they will fire upon anyone that approaches the wall at the first sign of danger.

These “careless adventurers” are members of the very orders that form the Pact, though. I would say that it is the Pact’s problem.

Following the same logic the non-playable races should declare war on the five playable races, the Dredge, and the Krait due to all the trouble a certain portion of them have caused.

Except that almost all the known Tengu on Tyria are behind that wall. It wasn’t a “certain portion” of them that denied help (and actually attacked) the citizens of Lion’s Arch. It was their nation as a whole. That’s more than enough to declare war. Wars were started for far less.

Any citizens that are harmed or killed by the Tengu are likewise responsible for their own deaths, the Tengu have given more than ample warnings.

Desperate people trying to escape a maniac that is burning their city down are responsible for their own deaths because they searched for help on their usually friendly neighbors? I disagree.

They aren’t worth going after.
I just hope Scarlett attacks them so we can return the favor.

Well that I can agree with.

Tarnished Coast

Posted by: FateOmega.9601

FateOmega.9601

You lnow the tengu are OP when even scarlet is afraid of them.

Posted by: Axiom.6137

Axiom.6137

Why is this even in game? Love trolling players that much? Have things really devolved so badly?

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Why is this even in game? Love trolling players that much? Have things really devolved so badly?

They have been warning people away from their city since launch.
at the moment there is a war on their doorstep.
They have never been exactly friendly- what did you expect they would do.

As for why it is in they game, because it makes sense?

If any thing I think it is a really nice reminder from Anet, considering the amount of “oh the Tengu will open their doors” threads on the forums recently

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

Every time i hear about tengu i think of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHpetnUFQMA

Still don’t see why ppl are so hyped about these things.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

If any thing I think it is a really nice reminder from Anet, considering the amount of “oh the Tengu will open their doors” threads on the forums recently

I don’t know about you but if they ever come out of there?

. . . that night I dine on chicken soup. There will be deaths aplenty, and enough to put the massacre of Caromi for feather farming to shame . . .

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: OmaiGodman.2098

OmaiGodman.2098

I don’t know about you but if they ever come out of there?

. . . that night I dine on chicken soup. There will be deaths aplenty, and enough to put the massacre of Caromi for feather farming to shame . . .

Unless the devs decide to make them all friendly making it impossible for you to attack them.

Problem?

Any plan that involves dead quaggans is, by design, foolproof. I’m an unmitigated genius!

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

From the top of a wall, everyone looks the same :p

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Posted by: Sneakier.9460

Sneakier.9460

From the top of a wall, everyone looks the same :p

Are you saying that a Norn looks like a Dredge?!?!?

BY THE BEAR! YOU INSULT US ALL!

Gunnars Hold= Tuga Land

Posted by: Syrpharon.7491

Syrpharon.7491

I’ll just wait patiently until the devs finally decide to release the Tengu as a new playable race so I can finally make one, meet other players and say occasionally “I remember you, you were one of those I downed out of the gate”.

Darkbattlemage.9612

These “careless adventurers” are members of the very orders that form the Pact, though. I would say that it is the Pact’s problem..

And as one of the many commanders of the Pact it is my tactical opinion that it is not the Pact’s problem as those members did not adhere to the ample warning given. In fact they are more accountable than the citizens as they only went there out of curiosity not in a panic induce mania. Taking into consideration what the Tengu have generously shared with us, it should be obvious no aid will come from the Tengu at this time.

Except that almost all the known Tengu on Tyria are behind that wall. It wasn’t a “certain portion” of them that denied help (and actually attacked) the citizens of Lion’s Arch. It was their nation as a whole. That’s more than enough to declare war. Wars were started for far less..

In the Tengu’s case their hostile response is justifiable, as you mention this is their entire nation. There is nowhere for them to retreat to and even if there was they had to go through both Scarlet’s forces and the Lionguard as Captain Ironbeard’s orders were to butcher anyone not on the Lionguard side.

On the other hand us attacking the Tengu would be foolhardy and a waste of resources. We’ve already at war with the Elder Dragons and have yet fully recovered from our campaign against Zhaitan. The conflict between us and Scarlet is solely due to her deliberately making war upon us.

Desperate people trying to escape a maniac that is burning their city down are responsible for their own deaths because they searched for help on their usually friendly neighbors? I disagree..

The Tengu aren’t friendly, they have specifically stated that they will shoot on sight at the slightest sign of trouble. At best the Tengu were the neighbors that would scold the children dared to approach them and reprimand their parents for letting their children be easily manipulated into such dares.

I’m the Asura Elementalist that stole all your cookies, well except the oatmeal ones.

Gabby.3205

And as one of the many commanders of the Pact it is my tactical opinion that it is not the Pact’s problem as those members did not adhere to the ample warning given. In fact they are more accountable than the citizens as they only went there out of curiosity not in a panic induce mania. Taking into consideration what the Tengu have generously shared with us, it should be obvious no aid will come from the Tengu at this time.

No problem. As one of the many commanders of the Pact, I think it is the Pact’s problem.
If you are so against the Pact getting mixed up on this, that’s fine. It is not like they had been involved with the Living Story as a whole anyway.
Also, the Tengu are paying a krewe to get an asura portal that connects them to the rest of the world. They are annoyed by the fact that it is taking too long for it to be finished. If they didn’t want to start opening up their nation, they really shouldn’t be trying to build an asura portal that will do exactly that.

In the Tengu’s case their hostile response is justifiable, as you mention this is their entire nation. There is nowhere for them to retreat to and even if there was they had to go through both Scarlet’s forces and the Lionguard as Captain Ironbeard’s orders were to butcher anyone not on the Lionguard side.

On the other hand us attacking the Tengu would be foolhardy and a waste of resources. We’ve already at war with the Elder Dragons and have yet fully recovered from our campaign against Zhaitan. The conflict between us and Scarlet is solely due to her deliberately making war upon us.

War is always a waste of resources. However, taking into consideration that this is a work of fiction, war is a plausible outcome (because, as I said before, wars were declared for far less). The thing is, the Tengu are not our allies, not even close to that. We also know that they are dangerous and wouldn’t hesitate on killing us on our time of need, since that’s exactly what they did. They are a threat. I wouldn’t be surprised if the members of the Captain Council started wondering if the Tengu will not prey on what is left of the people of Lion’s Arch after Scarlet is done.
If they were afraid of some strangles that came too close to their walls, they could have just sealed the gate and waited for it to be over instead of killing people. That’s why I think that they overreacted. I really don’t think that they reaction was justified.

Do I think that there will be war? No. I don’t think ANet is going to take the story on this direction, specially if they want to eventually introduce the Tengu as a playable race.
Do I want it to happen? Yes. This is the kind of thing that I want the LS to present us.

The Tengu aren’t friendly, they have specifically stated that they will shoot on sight at the slightest sign of trouble. At best the Tengu were the neighbors that would scold the children dared to approach them and reprimand their parents for letting their children be easily manipulated into such dares.

We have a race that is trying to open up their nation to the rest of the world by building an asura gate. What does it tells us other than that they want to eventually be part of the world, too? I could understand that, not being ready for it yet, they would stay inside their walls and not open the gate for anyone, but shooting people down? Really? What a great way to try to get on good terms with the other nations…

Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

Scarlet will kill all remaining Tengu…

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

Darkbattlemage.9612

No problem. As one of the many commanders of the Pact, I think it is the Pact’s problem.

Please elaborate why it is the Pact’s problem that a few members on their own accord got themselves killed by the Tengu?

War is always a waste of resources. However, taking into consideration that this is a work of fiction, war is a plausible outcome (because, as I said before, wars were declared for far less). The thing is, the Tengu are not our allies, not even close to that. We also know that they are dangerous and wouldn’t hesitate on killing us on our time of need, since that’s exactly what they did. They are a threat. I wouldn’t be surprised if the members of the Captain Council started wondering if the Tengu will not prey on what is left of the people of Lion’s Arch after Scarlet is done.
If they were afraid of some strangles that came too close to their walls, they could have just sealed the gate and waited for it to be over instead of killing people. That’s why I think that they overreacted. I really don’t think that they reaction was justified.

Look at it from their perspective. Scarlet’s army is comprised of Asura, Charr, Dredge, Humans, Krait, and Sylvari. Now Dredge and Krait are impossible to confuse for any of the citizens or defenders of Lion’s Arch, but the other four mentioned races can easily be confused for Scarlet’s forces. Seeing as portions of four of the various races comprising the pact have joined Scarlet, the Tengu probably has assumed a few Norn have joined as well. Now add the fact that a few Dredge have approached the wall with at least one driller, the Tengu probably assume they are also targeted. They are now in a predicament by Scarlet’s own doing. They can’t guarantee if any Asura, Charr, Human, Norn, or Sylvari that approaches their wall isn’t working for Scarlet. Do they risk the safety of their home by opening up? Or do they condemn all that approach to a hailstorm of arrows until the conflict has been resolve? Unlike the above mention races which have another stronghold to retreat to, the Tengu only have the Dominion of the Four Winds. If it falls they have no where to go.

Gabby.3205

Please elaborate why it is the Pact’s problem that a few members on their own accord got themselves killed by the Tengu?

Because when members of an army are killed by people that were not involved in the conflict to begin with, said army should start wondering if these people that are not their allies aren’t actually their enemies. The Tengu crossed the line this time.

Look at it from their perspective. Scarlet’s army is comprised of Asura, Charr, Dredge, Humans, Krait, and Sylvari. Now Dredge and Krait are impossible to confuse for any of the citizens or defenders of Lion’s Arch, but the other four mentioned races can easily be confused for Scarlet’s forces. Seeing as portions of four of the various races comprising the pact have joined Scarlet, the Tengu probably has assumed a few Norn have joined as well. Now add the fact that a few Dredge have approached the wall with at least one driller, the Tengu probably assume they are also targeted. They are now in a predicament by Scarlet’s own doing. They can’t guarantee if any Asura, Charr, Human, Norn, or Sylvari that approaches their wall isn’t working for Scarlet. Do they risk the safety of their home by opening up? Or do they condemn all that approach to a hailstorm of arrows until the conflict has been resolve? Unlike the above mention races which have another stronghold to retreat to, the Tengu only have the Dominion of the Four Winds. If it falls they have no where to go.

It is possible indeed that they couldn’t tell the difference between friend and foe.

If they really shoot people down thinking that they were part of Scarlet’s army, then a formal apology and an explanation are enough to settle this. I hope that ANet has this covered.

Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Jett.1239

Jett.1239

It seems like a ridiculous mechanism: turning from us during a time of crisis is enough on its own to merit retribution, but actively killing those who approach their gates? I’ll be disappointed if we don’t counterattack when we’re able — I believe this constitutes an act of war.

Darkbattlemage.9612

Because when members of an army are killed by people that were not involved in the conflict to begin with, said army should start wondering if these people that are not their allies aren’t actually their enemies. The Tengu crossed the line this time.

We already well aware the Tengu aren’t our allies or enemies, they have made it clear they are a neutral faction that will prioritize their own survival over the interest of other groups. What I would like to know is why were the fallen even near the Tengu’s wall. I’m pretty sure evacuations of civilians is the chief priority for the time being, not seeing if the Tengu have opened their gates in the midst of a siege.

It is possible indeed that they couldn’t tell the difference between friend and foe.

If they really shoot people down thinking that they were part of Scarlet’s army, then a formal apology and an explanation are enough to settle this. I hope that ANet has this covered.

I would be surprise if we didn’t receive mail from the Tengu’s leaders expressing their deep regret at the unintentional deaths of adventurers and citizens of Lion’s Arch during the siege or at least acknowledge the incident due to how much attention it garter on the forums.

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

Look at it from their perspective. Scarlet’s army is comprised of Asura, Charr, Dredge, Humans, Krait, and Sylvari. Now Dredge and Krait are impossible to confuse for any of the citizens or defenders of Lion’s Arch, but the other four mentioned races can easily be confused for Scarlet’s forces. Seeing as portions of four of the various races comprising the pact have joined Scarlet, the Tengu probably has assumed a few Norn have joined as well.

Scarlet DOES have Norn in her army.
See Horrik and the Aetherblade Thumpers.

It seems like a ridiculous mechanism: turning from us during a time of crisis is enough on its own to merit retribution, but actively killing those who approach their gates? I’ll be disappointed if we don’t counterattack when we’re able — I believe this constitutes an act of war.

Dear lord, if this isn’t a joke, I hope that you’re not a politician/aim to become one.

(edited by FenrirSlakt.3692)

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

Wiki is very interesting regarding the Tengu…

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tengu

Since they are wary of the other races and keep outsiders from their city, I can understand their response. They are definitely not getting involved…….unless Scarlett somehow drags them into the mess….

Darkbattlemage.9612

Scarlet DOES have Norn in her army.
See Horrik and the Aetherblade Thumpers.

I do know she had Norn in her army, I encounter a few during the Queen’s Jubilee. However the Norn are well known for their individualistic nature, and from the cinematic there wasn’t a notable Norn presence in Scarlet’s forces so I assumed the Norns amongst her forces had been eradicated.

Posted by: Jett.1239

Jett.1239

Half serious, though I think the point stands: if there was a disaster on the Canadian border and Canada refused to send aid AND killed US citizens fleeing into the country wouldn’t there be an eventual reprisal?

Posted by: Durrik.4679

Durrik.4679

There’s an easy way for us to handle the Tengu for this outrage.

They’re obviously not trading with us, and there’s a lot of missing opportunity there.

Here’s what we do, we build air ships. We find a Commodore named Perry to lead the air ships to open the gates for us. We’ll call it the Perry Expedition. It could be a whole new campaign for us, with cannons and gun boat diplomacy thrown in. After all we aren’t using that hug air ship with the mega laser we killed Zaitan with. At least I haven’t seen it around.