In Tune Achievement anyone?

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Shakki.3219

Shakki.3219

Okay i’ve tried alot of different tactics now but i simply seem to have no clue what i have to do for this Achievement.

Can someone enlighten me?

• FIX i got the achievement in this way:

Stage 1: Attack the Prime Holo only with the Prime Light Attunement ONLY with that for about 10 seconds.

Stage 2: AFK

Stage 3: AFK *

It is ultra lame but it works..

Reaper – Anguîsh

(edited by Shakki.3219)

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Are you attacking during the entire duration of the fight?

Shakki.3219

Ok so far:

1. I tried not to attack the whole fight at all, got reward chests no achi
2. tried to attack with only the white buff (all three colors) the prime holo and the colored ones not – no achi
3. same as 2 with attacking red one only (server did r-g-b tactic 1by1)
4. same as 2 with attacking r and g – no achi
5. not attacking prime one and only attacking red – no achi
6. kitten only attack green – no achi
7. kitten attacking red and green – no achi

ps. i never did a wrong or faulty hit always got the correct colors

Reaper – Anguîsh

Ayrilana.1396

Did you also attack the six mini holograms that split? I know that they often all run to the center of the map, even the defeated ones, and this could cause people to fail.

Posted by: Archdruidess.5143

Archdruidess.5143

I tried only attacking a few times during each phase when I was positive I had the right buff. Got the chest reward, also no achievement. I thought it was just me, so I’m glad you posted.

Posted by: Lasgana.2798

Lasgana.2798

I was running with my mesmer when I got this achievement. What I did is:
- disable autoattack
- disable clones (no clones at all just in case)
- only attack during the very first phrase when all 3 circles are easy to reach
- did 3 or 4 hits to the hologram right after I gain the white attune each time
- after the first phrase I basically just ran around and rez ppl/speed buff/time warp.
- didn’t touch the clones at all during p2 or p3.

Hope this helps.

Sea of Sorrows | Dreaminacci | 80 Elementalist / 80 Guardian / 80 Mesmer

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

it’s bugged along with the tricks cheevo

Are you Shpongled?

Posted by: Unknownhero.6745

Unknownhero.6745

One thing I find annoying about the attunement, is standing in a colored circle or passing thru one does not refresh the attunement you have. 30 secs of attunement just isn’t very helpful, especially when you are stuck between 2 lasers that last an easy 20 secs >.<
I don’t want an easy fight, but the odds are already stacked against us. Increasing attunement length to maybe 1min per color, and maybe 3 mins for prime attunement, and refreshing everytime you pass thru a circle would help reduce the number of people standing around doing nothing because they have no attunements.
On that note, making an achieve that actually encourages players to not actively engage in battle during a big complex boss fight( hoping to score 5 measly achieve pts) seems rather poorly thought out…

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

It’s bugged, along with No Free Meal. Did the entire boss fight without attacking the holograms without the buff, and I didn’t get the achievement. Numerous others didn’t as well. Just like how we just had a spider fight where nobody got eaten, and one person got the achievement while the rest of us did not. Both achievements are currently bugged and need fixing.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Posted by: Sildrog.7130

Sildrog.7130

This and ‘No more tricks, scarlet’ simply will not trigger for me. I am certain that I have done what is needed and multiple friends of mine can not get these either.

Posted by: Lil Deviant.9218

Lil Deviant.9218

I was able to get it by using GS/ Scepter on my Guard, attack with scepter when I had the correct attunement and switch to GS a few seconds before buff went off so I didn’t attack anymore.

Posted by: Flameseeker.1563

Flameseeker.1563

Got it on my warr using a dual axe/riffle.
Be sure to cancel the attack a couple seconds before the attunement is lost and you should be fine for phase 1.
On phase 2 i went to the green boss (dual axe) and stayed there until all the little ones were down going then for the blue (riffle spam #1). Very important to check your attunements and it seems they don’t refresh if you enter the platform before they’re over.
On phase 3 just kill the little guys, attunements don’t count for a thing i guess so go with whatever weapon is best.

Posted by: Stonish.7532

Stonish.7532

Just tried, got a clean run on my ranger, got autoattack off, was fighting all the time using longbow, was focused on the buffs tab so Im sure I got no debuff for attacking without the attunement. Either way… No achievement in the end.

Can any dev tell us what are we suppose to do for this achievement?

Shakki.3219

Okay i just tried this tactic again and it worked :

Attack on Stage 1 only with the white buff the prime Holo for about 10 seconds… then go afk for the rest of the fight in the safe corner…. done…

pretty lame but… well.

Reaper – Anguîsh

Posted by: mark.3160

mark.3160

I turend autoattack off, checked attunement to match my target and stopped attacking 5 secs before the attunement wore off, but I also didn’t get it.
I only used single target rifle attacks so this one has me wondering as well.
I’ll try skipping dps in the 2nd phase entirely, see if that works.

Ayrilana.1396

So maybe the issue is in phase 2. I’ve noticed that the mini holograms (6) remain up after you defeat them. Could it be that if you hit one that’s already “dead” and get the invulnerable message that this could be causing the fail regardless as to whether you have the correct attunement?

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

I really don’t understand why they continue making awful achievements like this one. All it’s doing is causing people to be overly reluctant about actually attacking the kitten things which in turn harms the event.

Get your kitten together, ANet.

Posted by: FireKit.1723

FireKit.1723

Same thing happened to me, I was being really careful and still no achievement.

Posted by: Rayti.6531

Rayti.6531

Take care that none of your conditions tick longer than your buff lasts. Those also count towards “hitting” the enemy.

You can easily see if something went wrong – if you have a debuff you definitely hit something you shouldn’t have.

I can only say that I just finished both the “In Tune” and the “No More Tricks, Scarlet” in 2 runs. The only bug I noticed is, that the boss instance after defeating the knights seems to start early and therefore you have a chance of spawning in a laser field. That’s why I needed 2 runs… So if you have any invulnerability skills you can cast before entering – do so!

Posted by: Unknownhero.6745

Unknownhero.6745

“Okay i just tried this tactic again and it worked :
Attack on Stage 1 only with the white buff the prime Holo for about 10 seconds… then go afk for the rest of the fight in the safe corner…. done…”
HAHA..thats awesome bud, gj you got the achieve… I just did a run where Im sure another 20 people or so decided to follow your lead… I don’t blame you, but that definitely shows the counter productive nature of this whole achieve

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

This and ‘No more tricks, scarlet’ simply will not trigger for me. I am certain that I have done what is needed and multiple friends of mine can not get these either.

same here, it is bugged 100%

Are you Shpongled?

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

Attack on Stage 1 only with the white buff the prime Holo for about 10 seconds… then go afk for the rest of the fight in the safe corner…. done…”
HAHA..thats awesome bud, gj you got the achieve… I just did a run where Im sure another 20 people or so decided to follow your lead… I don’t blame you, but that definitely shows the counter productive nature of this whole achieve

The sad thing is that this isn’t the first time either. They have a history of designing achievements like this and I just don’t get it. It’s like they want players to cause grief.

I’d love for them to put some more thought into this kind of stuff in the future.

Posted by: digitalruse.9085

digitalruse.9085

…along with No Free Meal.

This one works. Took me 10 tries due to random Heirloom farmers running into the combat or literal trolls who get cocooned on purpose and then sit there.

Everyone needs to keep some distance and stay close-ish together, if possible. You have to jump on cocoons and cocooned folks have to spam 1 to get out faster (does the most damage to cocoon).

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

Ayrilana.1396

The sad thing is that this isn’t the first time either. They have a history of designing achievements like this and I just don’t get it. It’s like they want players to cause grief.

I’d love for them to put some more thought into this kind of stuff in the future.

While I do agree that it’s annoying to see people who AFK, it is not griefing.

mark.3160

Okay i just tried this tactic again and it worked :

Attack on Stage 1 only with the white buff the prime Holo for about 10 seconds… then go afk for the rest of the fight in the safe corner…. done…

pretty lame but… well.

Ok, im gonna try this, everybody has the right to be a leech once in their life…

Posted by: Sandman.7019

Sandman.7019

This was pretty easy when I tried. I did this with my 80 ranger. What I did was for the first part against the large hologram, I attacked using a longbow 1 and 3 skill (the multi shot one) ONLY when I had the prime attune ment. I made sure auto attack was off, never switched weapons, and once the attune ment buff started blinking that it was wearing off I stopped attacking. When the giant hologram splits apart I completely stopped attacking and just healed and reZed ppl until they reformed into a large hologram. From there I just avoided attacking and being hit and managed to get no more tricks scarlet and in tuned on same run

mark.3160

It is with pain in my heart that i tell you all that the life of a leech is a good life. I hit the hologram 10 times while having the correct attunement, then i stood in a corner, enjoying my 15 year old whiskey (Dimple) until the event was over. Lo and behold, i got the in tune achievement….

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

…along with No Free Meal.

This one works. Took me 10 tries due to random Heirloom farmers running into the combat or literal trolls who get cocooned on purpose and then sit there.

Everyone needs to keep some distance and stay close-ish together, if possible. You have to jump on cocoons and cocooned folks have to spam 1 to get out faster (does the most damage to cocoon).

Tried it 10 times, 3 times in a row the spider never got near them due to immobilize spam on the part of the players there. Only 3 out of the 25 of us there got the achievement the last attempt.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Well I did it legitimately 3 times but never got the achieve. Guess I’ll just try the afk method.

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

I have all the achievements for this LS.

Basically, I did white 1st phase, red 2nd phase, sat the rest in the corner not attacking anything

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

Havent been able to get this achieve to unlock. Main holo sticks at half way every time I have been able to get in and we have never been able to beat it.