"In Tune" - Bugged achievement

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Gieniusz Krab.8259

Gieniusz Krab.8259

Hi,

I just finished Scarlet. I killed Prime hologram and everytime when I was dealing damage I had a buff. You know what? I don’t have achievement for it. Arena Net, you better give me it. I’m so angry right now.

Posted by: mallas.9836

mallas.9836

did you get downed?

did you get ALL 3 colors for the Prime?

did you hit all 3 of the other holos with the right color to hit them?

Those seem to be what you have to do and not get downed.

Gieniusz Krab.8259

did you get downed?

did you get ALL 3 colors for the Prime?

did you hit all 3 of the other holos with the right color to hit them?

Those seem to be what you have to do and not get downed.

I was downed but I wasn’t attacking boss. I had every colors together when attacking Prime. I had blue buff for Dynamics, green for Synergetics and red for statics holograms. I’m pretty sure.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Also. You can’t do that achievement on your first try since “In Tune” is locked until you defeat the Hologram at least once…

Gieniusz Krab.8259

Also. You can’t do that achievement on your first try since “In Tune” is locked until you defeat the Hologram at least once…

It was my second time after first kill.

(edited by Gieniusz Krab.8259)

Gieniusz Krab.8259

Still waiting for answer from Arena Net…

Posted by: Archdruidess.5143

Archdruidess.5143

It’s not bugged, it’s just non-specific in regards to the requirements.

You cannot go down AT ALL during the entire fight. Not from any attack.

I thought it was bugged, too, until I had a perfect run and got credit for both In Tune and No More Tricks. Just watch your attacks and never, ever let yourself get downed.

Posted by: Sera.6539

Sera.6539

I was downed

That’s why you didn’t get it, according to most people.

Gelda Nebilim – Nagare [NGE] – Crystal Desert
http://youtube.com/user/Royblazer

Gieniusz Krab.8259

It’s not bugged, it’s just non-specific in regards to the requirements.

You cannot go down AT ALL during the entire fight. Not from any attack.

I thought it was bugged, too, until I had a perfect run and got credit for both In Tune and No More Tricks. Just watch your attacks and never, ever let yourself get downed.

Haha… So Arena Net should say sorry. In achievement description there is nothing about “do not bring situation where you have fight to survive:”.

Gieniusz Krab.8259

They really want me to afk…?

Posted by: Archdruidess.5143

Archdruidess.5143

If you’re careful, you can do it just fine without afk’ing. I watched my combat log the entire time to ensure I never did 0 damage to anything from being improperly tuned. Use a single target attack, never use anything with lingering effects, don’t be afraid to be slow so long as you’re helping, and you’ll be fine.

If your map’s disappointment isn’t enough incentive to not afk, people have fun dragging things to the door to try to down those that are hiding. You’ll feel better if you participate.

Gieniusz Krab.8259

If you’re careful, you can do it just fine without afk’ing. I watched my combat log the entire time to ensure I never did 0 damage to anything from being improperly tuned. Use a single target attack, never use anything with lingering effects, don’t be afraid to be slow so long as you’re helping, and you’ll be fine.

If your map’s disappointment isn’t enough incentive to not afk, people have fun dragging things to the door to try to down those that are hiding. You’ll feel better if you participate.

As you can see I don’t feel better… I never was one of those stupid afkers, but this achievement just need this! I can only dodge and it’s all.

Gieniusz Krab.8259

I hope AN will finally say sorry and change the description of this achievement.

Posted by: Pokecenter.3548

Pokecenter.3548

I hope AN will finally say sorry and change the description of this achievement.

They won’t. Why would they anyway?

I just tried and failed. I’m not sure if i was downed or not, may be because of that. By the way you can’t afk, as there isn’t a safe spot, unless if you mean not move at all and keeping a eye on your character for 15-30min till the hologram goes down. Also, are you supposed to get a medal from killing it? Because i didn’t, not even bronze, but i did get to loot the chest..

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I just tried and failed. I’m not sure if i was downed or not, may be because of that. By the way you can’t afk, as there isn’t a safe spot, unless if you mean not move at all and keeping a eye on your character for 15-30min till the hologram goes down. Also, are you supposed to get a medal from killing it? Because i didn’t, not even bronze, but i did get to loot the chest..

You have to actually participate to get credit.

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Don’t run pets, summons, clones, or turrets…. anything that passively attacks without your input will screw you.

Conditions or aoe that last beyond the duration of your attunement will probably also screw you

Pokecenter.3548

That means that you get a medal?
Tried again, just attacked the boss at first when the 3 circles are easily avaliable and then once more later because they popped next to each other; didn’t get the medal, got the loot once more, and managed to get the achievement as well. Also i got downed 2 or 3 times but didn’t die, neither did my pet.

Ayrilana.1396

Tried again, just attacked the boss at first when the 3 circles are easily avaliable and then once more later because they popped next to each other; didn’t get the medal, got the loot once more, and managed to get the achievement as well. Also i got downed 2 or 3 times but didn’t die, neither did my pet.

Well that’s strange that you got loot but no medal. Since you mentioned your pet, I’m pretty sure it was the reason you didn’t get it last time.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

not bugged. I got it by being VERY careful on my guardian last night. I got downed a few times but before I attacked I made sure there was plenty of time on my attunement, and I stopped attacking with at least 5-6 seconds left on the buff before I re-attuned and verified attunement before attacking.

Posted by: crystalpink.2487

crystalpink.2487

It’s not bugged.
I also got mine 2-3 days ago after so many attempts.
Just time everything very carefully, take care of any adds you summon (pets/minions and so on) very well and make sure you’re not lagging.

Euphemia Hime (Elementalist), Pinky Pearl (Mesmer), Avicenia (Ranger), Vanille Morgana (Necromancer)
Chibi Asura San (Engineer), Hikaru Masai (Guardian), Selene Minerva (Revenant)
Guild: The Bunnies [Bun] ~ Server: Jade Quarry

Pokecenter.3548

Well that’s strange that you got loot but no medal. Since you mentioned your pet, I’m pretty sure it was the reason you didn’t get it last time.

That’s my point, because makes it twice now that i managed to loot the boss without getting the medal, and this last time i even got the achiev.

Only the Tricks one is missing for me :x Regarding the pet that can’t be the case since i did it with Mesmer before that (without using illusions); and i was thinking that the pet would screw it for me but it didn’t, gladly! May be luck.

Just keep trying guys, good luck with that > <

Posted by: LONGA.1652

LONGA.1652

I got mine yesterday , playing as a resser. only did a few round of damage.
The phase 2 always get me cause of shifting attune circle pop up at the feet.

Posted by: GreyMouser.1235

GreyMouser.1235

Got mine a couple of days ago as well. You have to make sure that you ONLY hit Prime when you have a full Prime Attunement (all 3 colors). If you hit Prime without all 3 colors attuned, you will not get the achievement. Then you have to be super-careful with the three separate holos.

I did it by going pure melee with my Thief with auto-attack off, and paying close attention to my attunement buffs, and would run out to go get re-attuned at about 5 seconds before it expired. Got downed a few times, but got the achievement.

[SOF]
Servants of Fortuna
Yak’s Bend

Posted by: Equinox.4968

Equinox.4968

I got it pretty easily today on my elementalist. The trick is to turn of autoattack on water attunement (I use a staff so I can lay down water fields to support instead of attacking) and only hit the prime hologram a few times for credit. I got the prime light attunement right at the start of the fight, used Frost Bow skills 3 and 4 (both of them multihit skills), added one 5 and one 2 (vuln to help the other players on the platform), and then dropped the bow with at least 15 seconds left on the attunement. I didn’t hit anything for the rest of the fight up to the ultraviolets, at which point I switched to the fire attunement and autoattacked them until we won. I somehow failed to get No More Tricks because of slight lag and invisible lazers/scorch marks, but at least next time I’ll be able to attack without worrying about it costing me an achievement.

I used my elementalist precisely because it could support everyone without having to attack. I first attempted the Scarlet fight on my warrior, but I have the Reckless Dodge trait (cause damage at the end of your dodge roll while in combat), and I accidentally hit Scarlet a few times while trying to roll through the center of the arena to reach some attunement circles. Be sure that you don’t have any traits that automatically use a damage-oriented skill, leave a field, or inflict a condition under certain conditions, because these are just as bad as pets/minions if you’re trying to avoid hitting enemies.

Posted by: MChuzzlewit.5178

MChuzzlewit.5178

This achievement is definitely not bugged, just poorly implemented. Since the event’s been available for a while I’ll let you in on a little secret. If you still need this achievement just grab the attunement at the start, hit the boss a couple of times, then waypoint out. Assuming your platform can finish it this method will guarantee you both achievements for the hologram fight.

Ayrilana.1396

This achievement is definitely not bugged, just poorly implemented. Since the event’s been available for a while I’ll let you in on a little secret. If you still need this achievement just grab the attunement at the start, hit the boss a couple of times, then waypoint out. Assuming your platform can finish it this method will guarantee you both achievements for the hologram fight.

You can’t wp out. They patched that so people can’t leech the event. It is not poorly implemented. You just need to pay attention to your attunements rather than afk spam attacks.