in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: DaveyC.4398

DaveyC.4398

Who still thinks a dragon is coming?

Inlight of the impending doom of LA...

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

I do! but i think the elder dragon will be Season 2 of the Living Story. Scarlet is only the beginning of the end.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’ve been suspecting for a long time that Scarlet is a dragon minion, that when she went into that machine that opened her mind to the Eternal Alchemy/Mists one of them found her and corrupted her.

The recent LS instance where you review all the evidence seems (to my mind) to confirm that – it made it pretty clear that something is controlling her.

So I suspect the current story arc is going to end with the dragon emerging, through some combination of Scarlet paving the way and it coming to see why/how we killed it’s champion. (Which we’d better get to do.)

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

The voice in her head was confirmed by the asura in the instance to be already in her psyche before entering the machine.

Mordremoth has her, and possibly all Sylvari who haven’t been in the machine and thus haven’t been exposed to it.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

Posted by: Darkbattlemage.9612

Darkbattlemage.9612

Mordremoth has her, and possibly all Sylvari who haven’t been in the machine and thus haven’t been exposed to it.

Oh it could be the Sylvari aren’t dragon minions and its something else entirely. All we know from the combat log is Mordremoth supposedly uses earth attacks, doesn’t necessary point to a Elder Dragon or Dragon Champion. It could be an entity the inquest discovered during an expedition and found it was capable of being infected with Elder Dragon energy but not be controlled by it. I don’t think the Inquest would be attempt to splice Dragon minions if they didn’t have some means of proofing them against the Elder Dragon’s control. Also Mordremoth wouldn’t be under Lion’s Arch but deeper in the jungle as he is a Jungle Dragon.

I’m the Asura Elementalist that stole all your cookies, well except the oatmeal ones.
Chaos always finds a way, who you think Evil learned it from?

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

That’s really clutching at straws. There are giant, glowing arrows pointing to the obvious. It is Mordremoth, and it is an Elder Dragon. If I’m wrong, feel free to come back and point fingers. I am absolutely 100% certain of this and nobody will change my mind.

Just as an aside, I didn’t say Sylvari are dragon minions. I said Mordremoth has influence over them that has been shut away purposefully, most likely by the Pale Tree (and I also believe Caithe and Faolain have something to do with this. The “big secret”). That’s different to just being a minion.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

(edited by Auesis.7301)

Posted by: Syryn.7591

Syryn.7591

I just. I don’t think it is. But eh we’ll find out at some point.

Entryn ele
I main an ele but playeth all the things
[FLOT]

Darkbattlemage.9612

That’s really clutching at straws. There are giant, glowing arrows pointing to the obvious. It is Mordremoth, and it is an Elder Dragon. If I’m wrong, feel free to come back and point fingers. I am absolutely 100% certain of this and nobody will change my mind.

My hypothesis is no more clutching at straws than the Mordremoth hypothesis itself. The hypothesis birth came about from a Combat Log entry, which itself could simply be put there to make it sound cooler than (Earth Attack).

If it is the Jungle Dragon and its name is indeed mordremoth, than the Living Story has been poorly written. The plot has been figured out long in advance. Also there will be outcries of once again the Sylvari take center stage of the Guild Wars 2 story.

Just as an aside, I didn’t say Sylvari are dragon minions. I said Mordremoth has influence over them that has been shut away purposefully, most likely by the Pale Tree (and I also believe Caithe and Faolain have something to do with this. The “big secret”). That’s different to just being a minion.

If it does not have complete and utter control over the Sylvari, why allow them to continue existing?

I’m the Asura Elementalist that stole all your cookies, well except the oatmeal ones.

(edited by Darkbattlemage.9612)

Posted by: Syryn.7591

Syryn.7591

Yeah but Malyk is a Sylvari that exists outside of both the Pale Tree and the Dream and comes from a whole other tree and yet isn’t influenced by a dragon..So where’s the explanation for that?

Entryn ele
I main an ele but playeth all the things
[FLOT]

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

If it does not have complete and utter control over the Sylvari, why allow them to continue existing?

Because he needs them for something. Think about it, they’re inquisitive, curious, and trying to learn everything they can about the peoples of the world. What happens when they’re that engraved in society and know everything, just for Mordremoth to flip the switch? CONGRATULATIONS, nothing can stop you! If this is the gameplan Mordremoth has going, I applaud him/her, they’re playing for the longterm.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Darkbattlemage.9612

Because he needs them for something. Think about it, they’re inquisitive, curious, and trying to learn everything they can about the peoples of the world. What happens when they’re that engraved in society and know everything, just for Mordremoth to flip the switch? CONGRATULATIONS, nothing can stop you! If this is the gameplan Mordremoth has going, I applaud him/her, they’re playing for the longterm.

I have thought about it and found it to be poorly constructed hypothesis. If the jungel dragon was influencing them there be no nightmare as it would be counter productive to its supposed long term plan. The Sylvari’s purpose wouldn’t be to combat the Elder Dragons, yes each one a rival but they don’t seem to seek the destruction of the other as evident by the fact they didn’t kill one another in the last cycle.

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

I would be really disappointed now, if we would get the jungle dragon.

Nothing in the whole living story was even related to a jungle location. So yeah, Scarlet is a Sylvari but hey, I just dislike story finals where at a totally random place something totally random happens.

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

I would be really disappointed now, if we would get the jungle dragon.

Nothing in the whole living story was even related to a jungle location. So yeah, Scarlet is a Sylvari but hey, I just dislike story finals where at a totally random place something totally random happens.

Thaumanova Reactor is near Rata Sum, which is at the Maguuma Jungle, as is Twilight Arbor.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Darkbattlemage.9612

Thaumanova Reactor is near Rata Sum, which is at the Maguuma Jungle, as is Twilight Arbor.

But neither deal with a specific Elder Dragon just Dragon Energy and one of Scarlet’s factories. Dragon Energy can be used for a variety of things that doesn’t necessary mean a Elder Dragon will be introduced.

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

It’s Mordremoth… Not happy that it’s not primordious though, but the Jungle Dragon could very well be underground, since he is the “earth” type dragon.

I’m also 99% sure the initial battle will be instanced. Either by just teleporting into LA or at login if you’re already there. There is just too much drama over the lag and the “not being online during the fight” to make it like the Karka event. It also seems the most logical way to tell the story over the long term, since i highly doubt they will extend the battle over the course of 2 weeks.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

Posted by: AlexEBT.7240

AlexEBT.7240

It’s Mordremoth, they’ve been hinting at it ever since the marionette update. Also as munki said, most of the encounter will be a la the tower of nightmares with a large explorable area full of events (most likely scarlet minions will attack the adjacent areas and the order hqs as well) and instanced story missions.

Posted by: korelg.7862

korelg.7862

what if… after being destroyed, the LA area overflowing with dragon energy, becomes a dense jungle area and we get a new dragon event, mordremoth’s liutenant or something

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

what if… after being destroyed, the LA area overflowing with dragon energy, becomes a dense jungle area and we get a new dragon event, mordremoth’s liutenant or something

LA doesn’t have enough land mass to sustain itself as a big enough zone to hold a dragon.

Posted by: korelg.7862

korelg.7862

LA doesn’t have enough land mass to sustain itself as a big enough zone to hold a dragon.

maybe fuse it with gendarran or bloodtide, who knows, maybe it magically gets fixed after the battle, maybe it was all a ruse, an illusion by the mesmer squad from DR

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

maybe fuse it with gendarran or bloodtide, who knows, maybe it magically gets fixed after the battle, maybe it was all a ruse, an illusion by the mesmer squad from DR

I think what will likely happen in the last patch is that somehow the dragon will be awakened in Lion’s Arch, and through a cinematic, he will fly west out of the map in the direction of the Maguuma Jungle.

In the meantime, his champion (Scarlet) will become a 2-week-long boss fight that you will eventually kill. At the end of this all, LA will be a pile of burning mess with related dynamic events involving clearing out remaining enemies, fighting back looters and such.

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

I think what will likely happen in the last patch is that somehow the dragon will be awakened in Lion’s Arch, and through a cinematic, he will fly west out of the map in the direction of the Maguuma Jungle.

In the meantime, his champion (Scarlet) will become a 2-week-long boss fight that you will eventually kill. At the end of this all, LA will be a pile of burning mess with related dynamic events involving clearing out remaining enemies, fighting back looters and such.

Knowing this might happen this way could actually make it less exciting. Might be good if we are totally off-base, some other story unfolds and surprises us all.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I kind of think Scarlet discovered the Sylvari all have a sort of “Order 66” programed into them. They aren’t Dragon agents… until Mordremoth throws the switch.

Thing is Scarlet is a born rebel – its the very essence of her beings. So when she went into Omadd’s box and the switch tried to eat her from the inside, she did what she always does, what she must do: she rebelled. And now she’s trying to hunt down the power at the other end of the puppet strings and KILL IT, because that’s how Scarlet rolls. Obviously you just kill an Elder Dragon when you want the voices in your head to stop… No big deal, right?

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Drecien.4508

Drecien.4508

What if like Glint, the Pale Tree is not under the dragons influence? and she has held back his corruption of the Sylvari until Scarlet tampered with it? Could there be a “good” dragon not bent on domination? There are other pale trees in maguma but are they all the same? the Maguma jungle has been said to be dying and drying up…. how would a jungle dragon survive there? most of the dragons are far away from where the champions attack soooooo….. fill in the blank

14 level 80s All races/professions
Server-Blackgate, are there others?
Some must fight, so that all may be free. —Amora Soulkeeper.

Posted by: CursedShaitan.9720

CursedShaitan.9720

I theorize the dragons believing themselves invulnerable were content to cause mayhem in their own corners of the world. I believe Mordremoth having been in control of Scarlet and aware that zhaitan has been destroyed…is not willing to move without help and plans on striking a key magic source beneath lions arch destabilizing the unified threat against the dragons and signaling to the others. Should they investigate the disturbance, upon learning of zhaitans defeat it seems likely they will cease their independent activities and unite to face the threat posed to them. I suspect at the very least one other dragon/area will be apart of the next expansion in addition to maguuma/mord and details specific to one small portion of the next expansion has been leaked to obscure the greater whole.

(edited by CursedShaitan.9720)

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

Well, we know there are more than one tree.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Malyck
So it’s totally possible that the tree’s themselves are dragon champions who’ve grown free of their master’s control, much like Glint.

Posted by: CalmestChaos.2463

CalmestChaos.2463

My hypothesis is no more clutching at straws than the Mordremoth hypothesis itself. The hypothesis birth came about from a Combat Log entry, which itself could simply be put there to make it sound cooler than (Earth Attack).

If it is the Jungle Dragon and its name is indeed mordremoth, than the Living Story has been poorly written. The plot has been figured out long in advance. Also there will be outcries of once again the Sylvari take center stage of the Guild Wars 2 story.

Note the devs confirmed there is a jungle dragon in video.
http://www.eurogamer.pt/videos/entrevista-game-designer-guild-wars-2 j
ust past the 16 minute mark. this was the true birth of the dragon. the COE Subject only gave us the name of an earth attack, called the Teeth of Mordremoth. this is nothing of itself, except for the fact that he has 2 other attacks. the Teeth of jormag/Primordus. he has 3 attacks with similar names, and 2 of which are named after dragons with those dragons respective elements. this is compelling evidence on its own, but when the fact that a jungle dragon was confirmed by a dev is overwhelming evidence that Mordremoth is its name. the forest element would be grass, but there is no grass element, the next best thing is earth. dont forget, Primordus is fire and lava, so its not him.

these two pieces of evidence are not the only evidence though. there is one other key piece of information. the Sylvari tutorial mission, you fight a dragon. it is tequatl, but covered in trees, earth, and other forest stuff.