King Doric, Bloodstones and Dragons

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

So. King Doric was the first king of Lion’s Arch. He was crowned by three gods and his blood was used to seal the magic of Tyria within the Bloodstones. These stones have been protected and guarded by King Doric’s dynasty. The Lionguard?

So my conclusion is that, Scarlet is after the Bloodstones, which is located below Lion’s Arch. With these stones she can gain Eternal Alchemy. The true magic.

Also. Zhaitan attacked Lion’s Arch. Was it because of the Bloodstones or was it because LA is the central hub of Tyria?

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/King_Doric

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

The Lionguard have nothing to do with King Doriac. They where traditionally the protectors off the Krytan royal familly. while those are descendants of the Orrian king Doriac, the Orrian royal familly had their own organisation as protectors. (also the ascalonian royal familly is also a descendant of Doriac, so the would make the vanguard the same thing).

Secondly, there is no proof of a bloodstone under lion’s arch. It is even very unlikely.
We know the location off two bloodstones. One is under the southern shiverpeak mountains, the other in what is now called the maguuma waste. The one in the maguuma waste was used by the white mantle to sacrifice chosen ones on. Why would they bring the chosen ones all the way from kryta to maguuma, while they where in controll over lion’s arch and simply could have done it there??

Doesn’t make sense at all!

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Zoid.2568

I’m not sure but i can assume that King Doric is buried beneath LA and his blood is needed to unseal the magic of the Bloodstones. Scarlet sent her Twisted Marionette to southern Shiverpeaks and Maguuma Wastes isn’t unlocked as a zone. Most likely there is a Jungle Dragon in Maguuma Wastes, and she needs the power from a Bloodstone to defeat it and get the second Bloodstone in Maguuma Wastes.

Posted by: kylwilson.9137

kylwilson.9137

The Lionguard have nothing to do with King Doriac. They where traditionally the protectors off the Krytan royal familly. while those are descendants of the Orrian king Doriac, the Orrian royal familly had their own organisation as protectors. (also the ascalonian royal familly is also a descendant of Doriac, so the would make the vanguard the same thing).

Secondly, there is no proof of a bloodstone under lion’s arch. It is even very unlikely.
We know the location off two bloodstones. One is under the southern shiverpeak mountains, the other in what is now called the maguuma waste. The one in the maguuma waste was used by the white mantle to sacrifice chosen ones on. Why would they bring the chosen ones all the way from kryta to maguuma, while they where in controll over lion’s arch and simply could have done it there??

Doesn’t make sense at all!

But do you think the White Mantle, or the Maursaat for that matter, had any idea or any way to find out if there was a bloodstone under Lion’s Arch? The (magi)tech which was used to detect the leylines and decipher their function was not available until very recently (hypothesising that the leylines and bloodstones are connected).

The Seers certainly wouldn’t have told them where it was.

It makes perfect sense for there to potentially be a bloodstone underneath Lion’s Arch (maybe even the Keystone, we don’t know how bloodstones interact with magical leylines but alas this is why it’s speculation).

\o/

(edited by kylwilson.9137)

mercury ranique.2170

I’m not sure but i can assume that King Doric is buried beneath LA and his blood is needed to unseal the magic of the Bloodstones. Scarlet sent her Twisted Marionette to southern Shiverpeaks and Maguuma Wastes isn’t unlocked as a zone. Most likely there is a Jungle Dragon in Maguuma Wastes, and she needs the power from a Bloodstone to defeat it and get the second Bloodstone in Maguuma Wastes.

Why would the ORRIAN King Doric be buried underneath Lion’s Arch.
Lion’s Arch and Kryta wheren’t even build back then The humans arrived to Tyria in ORR, and there is no indication that Doric ever left Orr himself. You have a very wild assumption and are trying to proof it right with no facts at all.

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

Even if the king were buried there, I doubt there would be any blood left now. Bones maybe. (Of course blood may be just a more poetic way of say DNA, which could be found in the marrow.)

Posted by: Kam.1780

Kam.1780

It is very unlikely that Doric is buried under Lion’s Arch. The carving on the Historical Monument of King’s Watch in Ascalon assumes that his death might have occured when his blood was used to seal the bloodstone and therefore he may be lying in Orr somewhere.

We do not know for sure if there is one of the bloodstones lying under LA as well. The three stones we know of (the one in the Maguuma Wastes, the one in the Shiverpeaks and the on in Abbadon’s Mouth) are all unreachable now, so there might be one of the missing ones under LA. Maybe it is the keystone itself that is required to forge the bloodstones into one again. Then again, one more stone is still needed for the process, not to mention that the stone that once was in Abbadon’s Mouth is beneath the Unending Sea somewhere.

co-leader of Ministry of Friendhsip [MoF] – Gandara

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

Says on the wiki Doric had a summer estate in LA. And that two remaining stones (a bloodstone and a keystone) are assumed to have ended up in Tyria.

I don’t think the OP’s theory is that crazy. Hey, maybe that’s even how Zomorros got access to all them bloodstone shards Myani is selling.

Posted by: Zera Allimatti.2541

Zera Allimatti.2541

Actually, the Shining Blade are the protectors of Kryta’s royal family, not the Lionguard. The Lionguard are primarily focused on the city of Lion’s Arch and it’s interests, which are far beyond human interests and the human queen, Jenna, of Kryta. Lion’s Arch may be situated in Kryta, but it does not fall under Krytan jurisdiction.

King Doric is not of Orrian descent. King Doric’s burial place is not really known, nor are the circumstances of his death. It is speculated that he died when his blood was used to divide the magics of the world in the bloodstones (hence the name bloodstones). It makes sense, but it’s not certain.

I doubt Scarlet is after anything that has anything to do with GW1 or the elder dragons. It’s probably just some font of magical power that suddenly appeared out of nowhere and has nothing to do with the game’s lore.

Either way, I can’t wait for this Scarlet fiasco to die off.

Give us more GW 1 weapon and armor skins, please. COPY/PASTE ALREADY!!!!

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

With all the Bloodstone dust we’ve been collecting, we could probably have built a few Bloodstones of our own already.

One – Piken Square

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

With all the Bloodstone dust we’ve been collecting, we could probably have built a few Bloodstones of our own already.

After first grinding our Jewel crafting profession to level 500 of course.

Anyway, if anyone wanted to unlock the magic within the Bloodstones, all you would need to do is sit on your backside. Because the magic of the Bloodstones has been gradually leaking back into the land for over 250 years now.

What the Bloodstones did, is scatter the schools of magic, to stop people from using all the schools at once. You didn’t need to unlock magic from the Bloodstones, they already shared their magic with the land naturally. Arguably, a lot of schools have merged since GW1, thus rendering the point of reassembling the original bloodstone a bit pointless to begin with.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Posted by: Ice of Dragons.1637

Ice of Dragons.1637

Actually you are getting closer to the truth

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

We know the location off two bloodstones.

Three*

We had to kill the lich on the third bloodstone. There are still 2 more bloodstones, I believe? One could be under Lion’s Arch, and if it’s the keystone then she would need that particular one to unlock the other bloodstones. However I’m thinking this has something more to do with leylines than bloodstones or dragons now. Maybe she thinks she can harness the leyline’s flow of power and the indirect result of crippling that sleep supply from a dragon will be that dragon being very, very, very mad (since dragons consume magic), cue for Living Story Episode 2 (or an expansion).

I’m not sure but i can assume that King Doric is buried beneath LA and his blood is needed to unseal the magic of the Bloodstones.

Doric probably isn’t buried beneath Lion’s Arch, and even if he were it’s hardly necessary when Scarlet was able to kidnap Queen Jennah so easily since any of his lineage would be okay too, which includes Queen Jennah. Although I did sport this theory because Scarlet tried to kidnap Jennah.

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Plus if he was buried under LA and you needed his corpse, wouldn’t the GIANT FRIGGIN’ DRILL be a little bit wrong tool for that?

One – Piken Square

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

Plus if he was buried under LA and you needed his corpse, wouldn’t the GIANT FRIGGIN’ DRILL be a little bit wrong tool for that?

“Shovels? To hell with shovels! Make me a drill!” – Scarlet

mercury ranique.2170

Actually, the Shining Blade are the protectors of Kryta’s royal family, not the Lionguard. The Lionguard are primarily focused on the city of Lion’s Arch and it’s interests, which are far beyond human interests and the human queen, Jenna, of Kryta. Lion’s Arch may be situated in Kryta, but it does not fall under Krytan jurisdiction.

Allthough I still believe the presented theory is rubbish, you are also wrong.

Lion’s arch, before the timeframe off GW1 was the captial of Tyria and the lionguard was the royal guard protecting the krytan royal familly.

When the charr attacked Kryta, the Krytan king fled and abbanded the city. Saul D’Alessio Defeated the charr with the help off the Mursaat (though that detail wasn’t public info) and took control over Lion’s Arch. The Lionguard then decided to drop their responsabillity as the royal guard (having no King to defend) but stay to guard the town of Lion’s Arch.

When the white mantle turned out not to be such a nice bunch of guys that people at first thought, a group of rebels helped a decended of the krytan Crown (Salma). This group of rebels was called the shining blade. After they where succesfull they became the new royal guard.

When Lion’s arch was flooded, the queen fled to the north (utlimatly to Divinity’s Reach) and the lionguard, having failed to protect the city now as well stopped to exist.

Only when the pirates build a new lion’s Arch round the ruins off the old city, the lionguard was reinstated in their current role.

Posted by: Ox See Sox.3687

Ox See Sox.3687

I believe this info on Doric and the bloodstones have a lot of sense. And likely to happen.

A dragon now would be weird, and below lion’s arch? nah….. (tought i wanted this)

Makes me sad the one i most agree here is " It’s probably just some font of magical power that suddenly appeared out of nowhere and has nothing to do with the game’s lore.". like 99,999999% something like this….

We already saw a lot of weird stuff, and we think high about “DRAGONS AND BLOODSTONE” is probly absolutely out their (writers) league.

Come on, just look at personal history……the same team cant suddenly make an awesome end to this LS…..

hope im wrong

Brains > Brawls
So Much Blur

Zoid.2568

Well. Hopefully it’s not something unrelated to the current Guild Wars lore.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Considering the sideeffects of a bloodstone (they capture the souls of anyone unlucky enough to die nearby), if one was lying below LA, it would have been found out long ago.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Considering the sideeffects of a bloodstone (they capture the souls of anyone unlucky enough to die nearby), if one was lying below LA, it would have been found out long ago.

Ehh, I don’t think Bloodstones capture your soul. They react to nearby deaths, but I’ve never heard of them literally take the soul of someone.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Ehh, I don’t think Bloodstones capture your soul. They react to nearby deaths, but I’ve never heard of them literally take the soul of someone.

Point, that was my mistake. Soul capture was made by the mursaat devices that were attached to bloodstones. Still, even without them the bloodstones seem to have a detectable effect on deaths nearby, and (if bloodstone caverns are any indication) in a large area around and above them.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

I don’t see why King Doric would be buried beneath Lion’s Arch.

Kryta was formed while at war with Orr by Mazdak, a son of King Doric (or rather, a prince of Orr; King Doric was the king of Orr so it’s rather a logical assumption to think Mazdak was Doric’s son). Doric himself was crowned in Ascalon and is claimed to have ruled over all three kingdoms but there’s the aforementioned “Kryta was formed while at war with Orr” note which calls that into question. Furthermore, King Doric died in Arah when his “single drop” of blood was used to reseal the Bloodstones, and there are the royal tombs right next to Arah…

Come on, just look at personal history……the same team cant suddenly make an awesome end to this LS…..

Just gonna chime in on this…

The Living World writing team are the folks who wrote up War in Kryta, which was received very well (and its well reception was probably what led Anet to go and make the Living World concept…).

And I don’t think the personal story writing team are the same as the LW writing team. If memory serves me right – and I have no clue how accurate my memory is on this – the personal story was written by multiple writers not working in conjunction with each other (hence any disjointed feeling with it, and with the open world) while the LW team is by the same four-or-so folks, and the Arah dungeon was rushed (much like the LW content – I hope this goes to show the higher ups at ArenaNet that “faster content” is looked down upon by the community).

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.