Knight power cores

Knight power cores

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Scottd.5764

Scottd.5764

Should I hold into to these I have around 10 of each.Do u think they will go up or down in value, with the bugged drop rates?

Knight power cores

Posted by: Sardonia.8196

Sardonia.8196

Probably go down slightly but not I am not expectning much.

Knight power cores

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

Since now you only have 1 chance instead of 3 on the knights, the prices may go up.
Also, because of the last patch a lot of people just don’t want to do the event anymore. So the supply may get lower.

But I’m bad at predicting market fluctuations, so don’t listen to me.

Knight power cores

Scottd.5764

Probably should of sold them last night then they were up to like 5g a piece, that sux

Knight power cores

Posted by: Dejw.5164

Dejw.5164

I expect them to cost around 80s in a week.

Knight power cores

Posted by: Sardonia.8196

Sardonia.8196

Probably should of sold them last night then they were up to like 5g a piece, that sux

That is what I did cept for the one core that I will want to use. Only had 3 of the ones prior to the nerfing anyways, but made a little gold. Hard to say what will happen. Depends on how many people will still be doing this event after all of what has happened.
I did the event after the patch last night and got the champ boxes but no cores. What people really want are the cores. Champ bags can be easily gotten else where.

Knight power cores

Scottd.5764

Why do u think they will be so cheap? They are ascended materials

Knight power cores

Posted by: Minos.5168

Minos.5168

They’re only used for changing the color of these backpieces.

Most people have earned plenty of alternate back skins that they probably prefer better by now…

Knight power cores

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

And back up to 5 gold in two months. I’m not to worried I got 4 bank tabs full of sell able things from the last year and any time I need a new toy I cash one or two of them in.

Buying (farming) a ton of these too currently.

Knight power cores

Posted by: Minos.5168

Minos.5168

And back up to 5 gold in two months. I’m not to worried I got 4 bank tabs full of sell able things from the last year and any time I need a new toy I cash one or two of them in.

And who might you expect to buy them?

Blueprints will exist on the TP, true… But blade shards aren’t sellable.

If someone has a Sprocket Generator, they’ve probably also played enough to get whatever color they want.

It’s not like they’re going to be used for anything but coloring these backpieces.

Knight power cores

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

And who might you expect to buy them?

Blueprints will exist on the TP, true… But blade shards aren’t sellable.

If someone has a Sprocket Generator, they’ve probably also played enough to get whatever color they want.

It’s not like they’re going to be used for anything but coloring these backpieces.

Blade shards may yet drop from defeated troops even after the events, however if they don’t I’m not to worried as many players have a ton and will still need to get the other mats; myself included. The sprockets can be gotten as either an in home node, special gathering tools and go really cheap currently on the TP anyways.

All in all I’m not concerned, if they end up being trash (doubt it) they only use 3 spaces in my inventory and I have been burnt before. Not gonna break my heart (or my bank) either way.

Edit: spelling

(edited by Tommyknocker.6089)

Knight power cores

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Maybe because they dropped to that point once, on the second day. Just before the drops were nerfed to the ground which increased the prices to 4-5g. Now that they are dropping again, they ae certain to drop (not sure how low, that depends on their drop chances from the new chests, and on whether people will continue to do the event).

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Knight power cores

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

I got blade shards in Fractals O_O.

Knight power cores

Posted by: digitalruse.9085

digitalruse.9085

They drop from all Aetherblades now.

Additionally, hold on to your blade shards. A red just said they will be used for something “valuable” in the near future.

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

Knight power cores

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

They’re only used for changing the color of these backpieces.

Most people have earned plenty of alternate back skins that they probably prefer better by now…

Exactly, also there may be a lot of players like myself, who do not like the looks of the back and will be putting another skin on it. Recoloring it is kind of worthless if your changing the skin anyway.

Knight power cores

Posted by: Dejw.5164

Dejw.5164

Higher supply, lower demand.

Knight power cores

Posted by: Rentapest.6503

Rentapest.6503

Should I hold into to these I have around 10 of each.Do u think they will go up or down in value, with the bugged drop rates?

How the hell do you have 10 of each?! I had to buy all 10 to upgrade my backpiece because knights simply do not die! Ever! And even if you are lucky to kill one in a fail-overflow event, you don’t get the loot, just greens. 107% magic find unbuffed and greens. Simplya waste of time.

Please advise what server you are on, so I can guest there and join decent groups that seem to actually be capable of killing a knight or two.

Knight power cores

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Blade shards may yet drop from defeated troops even after the events, however if they don’t I’m not to worried as many players have a ton and will still need to get the other mats;

Danicia states in another thread states the devs plan more uses for these things

Knight power cores

Posted by: Avascar.9237

Avascar.9237

Sell them asap, I had a Dynamic blue core that was 8 gold, went down to 2 gold in 2 days :C

Knight power cores

Posted by: Katastrofi.5816

Katastrofi.5816

Assuming there will be no further use of these cores and the drops are limited to this event:

The reason the prices skyrocketed was because of the bug that stopped any drops from the knights. Prices for these mats were already pretty unstable because demand > supply as with any start of a new event, but stop the supply of the mats and the prices will go crazy. Now that supply has been reintroduced, the prices will naturally drop, and when demand of these cores slow down (because people will have already crafted their backpiece), the prices will continue to drop for a while after the event ends because people are still selling them, and the “event hype” will taper off. Then they will slowly creep back up because there is no new supply, but demand may still be there (albeit a relatively small amount).

Now, if they introduce another use for them or if they are obtainable in other ways after the event, this will all be different.

You can sell them now while they’re still decently valued, but after they drop below a certain threshold (you have to decide), hang on to them and sell them later for profit (assuming the above case is not true).

Knight power cores

Posted by: Lasica.5068

Lasica.5068

I sold minor prior to the last patch, waited a day and then bought them back at 1/4 the price.

Why make sense, when it’s so much more fun to make nonsense?

Knight power cores

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

That is what I did cept for the one core that I will want to use. Only had 3 of the ones prior to the nerfing anyways, but made a little gold. Hard to say what will happen. Depends on how many people will still be doing this event after all of what has happened.
I did the event after the patch last night and got the champ boxes but no cores. What people really want are the cores. Champ bags can be easily gotten else where.

One core? I think you need 10 of the same kind for the color change recipe. One does you no good all by itself.

Knight power cores

Scottd.5764

What are the color red static, blue dynamic, green synergetic?

Knight power cores

Posted by: SleepingDragon.1596

SleepingDragon.1596

What are the color red static, blue dynamic, green synergetic?

Yes. That’s the colors on them… Also, are the drop rates super high on these? Their prices are crumbling every hour?

-S o S-

Knight power cores

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

You can get cores both from the knight event and scarlet event.

I have gotten up to 3 in an event. Others I think have gotten up to 5.

That’s 2 chances every hour for every player. If you didn’t cash in when they were broken drops, you lost out. They will continue to drop in price unless things get broken more.

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

Knight power cores

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

They drop from all Aetherblades now.

Additionally, hold on to your blade shards. A red just said they will be used for something “valuable” in the near future.

You can also promote sprockets into blade shards in the mystic forge.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.