Knights aren't dropping loot [Resolved]

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: SirDrygan.1823

SirDrygan.1823

I can assure you it had nothing to do with dps. I have been several zerged attacks on the knights well over 100+ players attacking it. I was late for one and I got a grand total of 2 hits in before it dies and guess what? Static assault power core plus the gear boxes. In an earlier attack I and a small group of players were attacking static knight first before the zerg came. We had already got it down to half before that. The Zerg mowed over it. Guess what again? Nothing. Nada.

Posted by: spotter.8632

spotter.8632

Started getting into Party mode as that was the way to obtain loot. Well, I just finished all 3 Knights (got gold on all) in a full party and got no loot from any of them. That’s right zilch from Blue, Zilch from Green & ZILCH from Red……

Posted by: mXz.4512

mXz.4512

Same here, did the run like 3 different times, blue>red>green, blue>red>green, blue>green>red, not one loot box for any of the kills.

Hardly matters much anymore though, I’ve since then finished the story and got the necessary 15/15 achievements.

Yes I’m a vet, yes I’m salty. Problem?

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Another thing to test. Are you dealing constant damage during your entire time there? (i.e. you’re not attacking during the condition reflect phase, then attacking again during burn phase)

I just had this idea that perhaps the game awards credit based on a threshold of damage dealt every X seconds. This might explain why I can sometimes show up to events, get two hits on the boss before it dies, and get full credit.

If people are joining the Knight events, but not attacking during certain phases for whatever reason, perhaps it’s discounting them from the reward?

Posted by: Roland.8193

Roland.8193

I’m on a streak of about 10 knights with no chests, I’m throwing in the towel.

Posted by: P Fun Daddy.1208

P Fun Daddy.1208

Started getting into Party mode as that was the way to obtain loot. Well, I just finished all 3 Knights (got gold on all) in a full party and got no loot from any of them. That’s right zilch from Blue, Zilch from Green & ZILCH from Red……

I haven’t gotten loot from the last, what, eight kills (two full cycles, only killed two on the third cycle)?
Seems a bit wonky.

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

Just did a run and got no loot from knights, was in a full party with everyone attacking.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

I had a bit of a think about this, and came up with a scary thought – what if there’s only a finite amount of loot per boss to collect? Remember you are picking up 5 exotic boxes at a time plus whatever random junk happens to be there, plus the chance of cores.

I’m hoping this thought is just misguided, and that Anet haven’t turn the bosses death into a loot race, to see who can spam the loot key fastest.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

(edited by Valandil Dragonhart.2371)

Posted by: inkeys.4126

inkeys.4126

We play in a Party with 5 Elem we used FGS and nobody become loot from the Knights.

Posted by: Endorien.6798

Endorien.6798

Just finished a run, and the general consensus was that nobody in the event got any loot from all 3 Knights. If anyone did, they kept it quiet. Overflow on JQ.

Posted by: sirflamesword.3896

sirflamesword.3896

Seems that the last update has really screwed with the loot on the knights.

Pinnacle of Responsibility[Mom]-Yaks Bend
Unstable Shield, Unstable Light

Posted by: roperratt.6917

roperratt.6917

Went in again tonight, gold medal on all knights, didn’t even stop to rez so I could get more damage, still nothing. I have now killed 12 knights with only one drop.

IGN: Roper the Ratt, Mithril Knight, Sophie the Golden, (TTS), (DTtD), (KCCO), (BANA)
Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: Atheas.7580

Atheas.7580

I give up, no response from Anet as to the why or wherefor on this issue, I haven’t gotten a chest off one of the knights in over 48 hours and I’ve done the routine numerous times, solo and in groups. Stood in the appropriate circles for the buffs, watched for reflection, I get the gold medal, the xp and the karma but that’s all no loot. I’m done with LA except for whatever tomorrow’s daily is so I can get the meta. Adios to the most dissapointing LS chapter since the Southsun disaster.

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

I did a full run and got loot from all 3 Knights. However, when I did the event again straight away after, I received no chests from killing any of the knights. Are the rewards daily or something?

Gandara

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

On the down side, I’m 0/9 on Knight loot for the night. On the up side, I got the Scarlet’s Rainbow rifle from the third scarlet fight, which is AWESOME.

Now I just need to get a character that uses rifle.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Posted by: Sir Black.7423

Sir Black.7423

Checking the price of the assault knight power cores on the TP, they’ve already doubled in price since the patch. Considering that their price had previously seemed to be stabilizing, that’s another indication that today’s patch has affected the loot significantly and thus dropped their supply.

I really hope Anet didn’t stealth nerf it to be daily or something like that. But unless they say something, we won’t know until tomorrow.

Posted by: Realist.5812

Realist.5812

Not receiving loot.

1. In a party
2. Max DPS
3. In circle
4. ????
5. No Profit

Get it together ANet. How can I upgrade my backpiece if these things don’t drop anything? Let alone the missed champ boxes.

To everyone else, it also isn’t daily drop, because I don’t receive anything at all, even in the first run.

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in every MMO.
Stop failing at PvE, start fixing PvP/WvW. Thank you.

Posted by: Hebee.8460

Hebee.8460

This is just ridiculous that not only are cores not droping, but not even greys are dropping.

I have done the party speculation & I have done the solo as well. Both times with Vigil boon, the +damage to scarlet army potion, and straight power food = no reward.

Again – This is just ridiculous

Posted by: DHBM.7652

DHBM.7652

Zerker warrior here, 50k minimum damage to each knight, party of 5, and i have the vigil buff. no loot for the last 3 events… WTF ANET!?

EDIT, static assault core was at 1g 20s ish when i logged on today… post patch its now 4g 40s each

Posted by: Buford.2954

Buford.2954

Just killed all three knights again in an overflow. No loot. Other people in map chat said the same thing. This makes my loot haul from the knight events thus far a big fat zero.

Unless this bug is fixed I’m done wasting my time in LA on the event.

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

This was not thought through. Even if you nerf the boxes, at least make it so the power cores can still drop every time. Their price is gonna go to the moon if you don’t fix this.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

Posted by: captainteemo.6537

captainteemo.6537

There is a lot of frustration going on. I’ve also given up trying to go for knights. There’s a lot of time and effort that isn’t being rewarded here. If someone from Arena net would please so kindly provide an answer to either HOW we can qualify for a loot drop, or why so many of us aren’t receiving drops for our participation.

Posted by: shiven.1892

shiven.1892

I wonder if they did something in the last patch. I was constantly getting loot 2/3 or 3/3 bosses the few runs prior to patch. No loot since patch.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

I heard the knights were dropping loot prior to the last update. My first run was just after the update, and I didn’t receive any loot, even though yesterday I had no issues.

They’re simply bugged. ArenaNet probably realized they’re dropping too many boxes and hotfix disabled them.

Posted by: Eyelusion.8205

Eyelusion.8205

Same. Ran in a full group, killed all 3 knights…no loot for anyone in the entire zone unless those not answering where all loot winners? doubt it.

Either a bug or Anet stealth nerf. This event is really a disappointment with so many problems. (got stuck in the air against Scarlet and took forever for a mesmer to finally be able to land a portal correctly to get me down) so many bugs/problems.

Ele’s Pwn J00!

Posted by: Skribulous.3521

Skribulous.3521

Did 4 runs earlier. Killed all 3 knights in all of the runs, and with gold credit. Didn’t get any loot or cores even with a full party.

This is disappointing.

Posted by: ZephyrSpirit.5230

ZephyrSpirit.5230

Every day thus far:
- Killed all 3 knights
- Get loot from all 3 knights (6 gear boxes, and sometimes a core)
- No more loot from the knights at all during the day
- Upon daily reset I rinse and repeat

No need for a party, doesn’t take much too tag and I’m using my guardian which is my lowest dps character.

All I have read (I did skip a lot of the comments) is people complaining about the lack of drops from the knights. I haven’t seen anyone directly mention the first kills after the daily reset.

Also 6 gears boxes for one easy kill is a little much, I can almost guarantee this is working as intended. Also just as a final point the knights are the only monsters that drop the necessary items to colour the spinal back pieces, they need too limit the amount they can be farmed.

I did forget to put this in:
If of course you do not get loot regardless of daily reset, and first kill of the day (again haven’t seen anyone mention it directly) then that is a bug. I could almost guarantee most of the posts here are not suffering from that.

Lots of games out there, don’t need to stick to just one.

(edited by ZephyrSpirit.5230)

Posted by: chris.6583

chris.6583

same, not getting loot from knights after patch

Posted by: Realmjumper.8432

Realmjumper.8432

I got some loot not sure if it was from knights but it was the loot bags and armor looking gears that you can double click to open. I found some new weps (bow, armor etc) that was tailored to my level so I was very happy. Also some other crafting stuff which I can’t use yet. We also beat Scarlet. She was easy once you get past the holo’s. Make sure to click yes so you zone into her lair, I must of clicked no before.

Posted by: Ryoki Hokishami.2756

Ryoki Hokishami.2756

Every day thus far:
- Killed all 3 knights
- Get loot from all 3 knights (6 gear boxes, and sometimes a core)
- No more loot from the knights at all during the day
- Upon daily reset I rinse and repeat

No need for a party, doesn’t take much too tag and I’m using my guardian which is my lowest dps character.

All I have read (I did skip a lot of the comments) is people complaining about the lack of drops from the knights. I haven’t seen anyone directly mention the first kills after the daily reset.

Also 6 gears boxes for one easy kill is a little much, I can almost guarantee this is working as intended. Also just as a final point the knights are the only monsters that drop the necessary items to colour the spinal back pieces, they need too limit the amount they can be farmed.

I did forget to put this in:
If of course you do not get loot regardless of daily reset, and first kill of the day (again haven’t seen anyone mention it directly) then that is a bug. I could almost guarantee most of the posts here are not suffering from that.

I can guarantee most posts ARE suffering from that. The majority of my guildies tried for farm for the first time today, definitely after reset. And no loot. EVER.

It most definitely is a bug for most people.

Posted by: Mantis.5793

Mantis.5793

great thing is im making a ton on Dynamic Assault Knight Power Core’s now that there not dropping

Posted by: ExAstris.8527

ExAstris.8527

I’m willing to play by the rules. But we really need to know what the rules are. Is there merely a chance for loot? Is it daily loot? Or is this a bug?

On a side note, I crash to desktop at least once per Legendary Watchknight/Scarlet hologram event. Every. Single. Time. As per chat, I significantly downgraded my graphics (even though my rig can handle WvW at max). No change.

Edit: Another round, no loot. How, I say, how are we to obtain power cores if the things we’re to get them from don’t drop loot???

Gwen Dlynn; human engineer (1st class)
Sir Reginald Doom; Charr necromancer (wip)
Aurora Skykin; Norn guardian (wip)

(edited by ExAstris.8527)

Posted by: kuscheldrow.6415

kuscheldrow.6415

Well… the first ever knight I killed right after the release, the green one (after hitting him for 15 mins lol) did drop, all the others after him… well they never dropped….
plus stupid overflows failed the holo… So guess I’m just one of the unlucky ones.
Sadly, I’m used to it… -.-"

Trahearne <3

Posted by: Absolutionis.9427

Absolutionis.9427

It’d be nice if the cores/bosschests were part of a popup reward after downing the respecive Watchwork Knight. Getting no loot even from a group of full berserker players outputting damage is demoralizing.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

If you’re getting loot from just walking up to the boss and hitting it a few times solo then there aren’t enough people to hit the loot limit.

Whole map was there. Knight got burned down in 2 minutes. I hit him maybe 2 or 3 times (when he was already almost dead). Got loot.
This is a rare situation however. Usually i am present from the very beginning, hit way more than 2-3 times, and get nothing.
Just to be very sure it’s not a dps, i switched to a full zerk warrior alt, tried to keep the color buff/food etc pretty much 100% on, and still didn’t change a thing.
It was bad even before the first bugfix patch, but at elast i usually managed to get one drop per 3 knights then. Now i’m more likely to get absolutely nothing from the whole phase. Considering that the fight is also mindnumbingly boring, i seriously consider giving up on the whole LS right now, unless it is fixed.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Posted by: Coldin.2840

Coldin.2840

With the knight’s no longer dropping ANY loot, the cores are going to jump way up in price. Hopefully they get this fixed soon.

Coldin – Thief – Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Vas.7306

Vas.7306

The cores are already going way up.

I have had a similar experience, did the knight events 3 times in a row, hit all 3 knights with a lot of damage, didn’t go down or die or anything else to stop my DPS, in a full party and not a single chest from any of the knights.

That’s 0/9. 9 Knights killed. No loot. There should not be any mechanics to stop loot being given if you have participated enough to get gold contribution.
We need to be reimbursed for this, since its a lot of time spent for loot that is never given.

This needs to be fixed, simple as that.

Posted by: wondo.2870

wondo.2870

I wish we could get cores by converting blade shards into account bound versions of the cores that way if you did the event every day until it’s gone you would still be able to get enough cores to make one backpiece. I have been doing the event many times through the bugs and the hotfixes and haven’t gotten even 1 core yet.

I don’t see why a) you need 10 of them, b) they are rng drops from a limited event c) I might have no chance of getting them even if I play the event many times every day til it’s gone.

please anet make blade shards convert into account bound cores?

SAB is LOVE, SAB is LIFE #OccupySAB2014

Posted by: Bugabuga.9721

Bugabuga.9721

Wait, so this is now “once a day loot” event? Account-wide? After you’ve downed knights once you can forget about it until the day after?
Why didn’t they just say so

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

This is clearly a bug. Please do not spread rumors about daily loot only when no other mob in the game works like this. People are not getting loot, first kill each day or 10th kill. Use the /bug function so Anet gets the message.

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

Posted by: icykold.4276

icykold.4276

No loot for me either and I have killed them 3 times each for a total of 9 times today and ZERO LOOT!!!!

[Yaks Bend]
[80 Human Elementalist – icykold]
[80 Human Warrior – Deathessence]

ExAstris.8527

To clarify, I didn’t say it was a daily. I asked if it was a daily? a chance? a bug? The broad consensus is that it’s a bug.

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

So this is another one of those “loot exclusive for Zerker geared” things?

Cause if you run a tanky build you dont do enough damage. If you run for support, you dont do enough damage. If you run for Conditions, you dont do enough damage.

kittening great diversity once again. Hey arenanet, if you want people to run something other zerker, zerker and moar zerker. Maybe stop just rewarding the people that run zerker.

ExAstris.8527

Cause if you run a tanky build you dont do enough damage. If you run for support, you dont do enough damage. If you run for Conditions, you dont do enough damage.

kittening great diversity once again. Hey arenanet, if you want people to run something other zerker, zerker and moar zerker. Maybe stop just rewarding the people that run zerker.

Not even Zerker’s are getting loot. It’s a BIG ol’ bug…probably. No word as of yet. And the masses are getting antsy.

Also, condition builds are baaad for the Watchknights. They reflect condis like crazy. It is a Zerker event. It’s just that they’re not getting loot either.

Posted by: Cuddlepie.8109

Cuddlepie.8109

Also, condition builds are baaad for the Watchknights. They reflect condis like crazy. It is a Zerker event.

Thank god. It’s about time ANet changed up the meta.

Posted by: Mantis.5793

Mantis.5793

The cores are skyyyyyrocketting o.O
I guess make money while you still can

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

One, these are not “once a day,” because I did the full cycle four times today and did not even once get loot. It might be like “once a day per serve” or something, if people are reporting getting them earlier than 10PM EST.

Two, cores still do drop, just much more rarely. They drop from the Scarlet Chests, and only sometimes, but I’ve gotten at least one or two from there.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Posted by: Araziel.7201

Araziel.7201

I always run full zerker, but I hear you, man. People have been crying about this forever. You would think these guys could make it so it took into account how many times you struck the mob on whether you got a gold, silver, or copper reward instead of how much damage you did.

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

Another day of zero loot, in a full party, with buffs, food etc. Please fix or let us know whats going on. I spent 3 hours today with no loot from any knight.

I am running full zerker gear as well.

Posted by: Araziel.7201

Araziel.7201

Anyway I’m disgusted about this. Yesterday I got off work to come home and relax and play in the battle for LA only to get the 25% bug on the holo. Now tonight when I come home it’s a no loot bug. I do all the knights no reward. End up failing the platform part and it was an absolute waste of time.