Knights aren't dropping loot [Resolved]

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Those dropping in to the thread to say it’s players DPS….. I say tosh!!
Over the course of each Knight fight a player who has less than hardcore zerk DPS still does far more than someone jumping in at the end to spam a tickle or two for loot.

Not every class/build has to be or should be full zerk geared and stacked, but if that’s what ANET want to promote alongside their zerg content then its a pretty lame and shortsighted team they have working on the game imo.

The loot drop mechanic is nothing short of a waste of time right now for many and nothing short of typical ….. but of course this thread will be met with the expected level of response from them as ever – - – SILENCE is golden.

Posted by: TheKillerAngel.3596

TheKillerAngel.3596

I have been on Blackgate main and not a single person in map has received loot from successive runs of the Assault Knights.

Think stacking and skipping trash is cheap?
Read: Playing to Win.
Guide: How to play a Mesmer in dungeons.

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

No one in my overflow received loot from any of the 3 kills.

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

Getting increasingly tired of this incessant loot manipulation. Be nice if they at least came out and said that they removed the loot. Honesty pays.

Posted by: WilliamDaBloody.2591

WilliamDaBloody.2591

Obviously they disabled the loot tables on the server side as there were issues before. Started yesterday late at night that nothing would drop.

It will come back out of nothing once they fixed this. Don’t expect any message from Anet about it as usual. No one is getting loot at the moment. Move on, come back tomorrow…

(edited by WilliamDaBloody.2591)

Posted by: Realist.5812

Realist.5812

They’d better send AT LEAST 5 of each core to us in the mail, I simply don’t have enough time do more of these events next week (I’m on 0/0/0 instead of like 4/4/4, it’s ridiculous).

It’s amazing how very single living story (besides 1 of them) is filled with gigantic bugs. Clearly this business idea does not work.

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in every MMO.
Stop failing at PvE, start fixing PvP/WvW. Thank you.

Posted by: Taisia.2813

Taisia.2813

The fact that nobody from anet has bothered to acknowledge this problem is really really sad… This bug caused massive market upset as well and uncertainty of drop rates is bad for the player base… I was waiting till they dropped to a reasonable level before purchasing some and now they are beyond reach… Some clever rich guys completely cleaned the stocks when they noticed the problem. GG Anet GG… Yes I want compensation as well, no loot 10s of kills because we’re trying the 6 min ach on deso…

Posted by: Nightwish.4013

Nightwish.4013

The knights definitely aren’t dropping loot since the latest patch. I’ve run through it several times and each time, they drop nothing. It’s not an issue of ‘only so many can get loot’ either. The patch notes state under rewards and achievements:

Legendary Assault Knights will drop 5 Deluxe Gear Boxes and a chance at an Assault Knight Power Core, which can be used to color the Tempered Spinal Blades back item. Defeating all three knights within 6 minutes will award several masterwork items, a luck bonus, 1 Obsidian Shard, and 5 Blade Shards.

Before the patch I was getting the deluxe gear boxes (though sometimes one of them wouldn’t drop anything) now I get nothing at all. Everyone in my party has been getting nothing. Since the patch notes didn’t mention removing loot drops it has to be a bug. I’m sure there are some who aren’t affected but there are plenty of us who are.

SBI ~ [DOG]
Nanaako ~ Elementalist | Shirogaane ~ Necromancer

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

I don’t think it’s once a day. I did the event twice for the first time today in parties of five (heh) and not once did I get a chest. I suspect it’s bugged.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Update from me:

Ran all 3 knghts grouped with my husband last night (both ele’s). Both of us did get loot on all 3 knights. Definitely thinking it’s a hit or miss thing.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Lasica.5068

Lasica.5068

Update from me:

Ran all 3 knghts grouped with my husband last night (both ele’s). Both of us did get loot on all 3 knights. Definitely thinking it’s a hit or miss thing.

Last night…

I was getting loot off them last night as well (15 champ boxes and 2 cores off the 3 knights in one hour). Tonight I got nothing from 3 hours of kills.

Why make sense, when it’s so much more fun to make nonsense?

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Update from me:

Last night…

I was getting loot off them last night as well (15 champ boxes and 2 cores off the 3 knights in one hour). Tonight I got nothing from 3 hours of kills.

I hadn’t been on yet today… but it’s only 730 am here…

Posted by: Vewen.8016

Vewen.8016

Been on the knights the whole time (with party), first time killing them today and I still got no loot of any of them. Something is very wrong.

The 400% increase in price of the cores proves this.

Posted by: Taisia.2813

Taisia.2813

after patch it’s completely broken Lanfear

LanfearShadowflame.3189

after patch it’s completely broken Lanfear

sigh

Musta been a patch that hit after I logged for the night. Time to go download again…

The funny thing is that I’ve heard this line (completely broke after patch) after each of the last like… 3 patches, but it still seems to works for at least some. Kind of amusing…or maybe I’m just tired.

Time to go find coffee while I wait…

Posted by: FreshM.6729

FreshM.6729

just did all 3 knights and fought the holo. timer ran out on 5% hp. 40 mins of fighting for absolutely nothing. living story is fun, wohoo.

Posted by: mdaikon.8509

mdaikon.8509

The first day, I ran the event three times (9 knights). First time, before the patch, got chests off of two of the three knights. After the patch, I got nothing (this is all solo on an engineer).

The next day, I ran the event three times again (8 knights as we failed to kill the third one on the first attempt). I got chests on all of them. I only ran a party for the 3rd event.

What I found interesting is that I didn’t always get the chests immediately. I hung around healing some of the downed people and tried looting again and got the chests maybe 15-20 seconds after the event was finished. In one case, after defeating the 3rd knight, I had gotten the chests about 10-15 seconds earlier, but when I looted again after getting my attunements, I got a power core (the only one I’ve received so far).

Maybe it was more proximity to the dead knight than time or maybe I’d somehow pleased Zommoros and he was rewarding me, I’m not sure, but I thought I’d through this out there as I was having issues the first day.

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Managed to kill scarlet’s holo’s off 3 times tonight and raided the chest at the end, only one core actually came from it.

Still nothing from the knights.

I have submitted a bug report on the bugged loot from the knights as well.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Well just did my first run around LA this morning.. all 3 knights done as normal in order, I am always pretty quick getting to each and stay targeted throughout, even swapped into full zeker gear to see if it made any difference… not a sausage.. no loot from any of them and many others also complaining…. this is pure tosh even for ANET.

So currently I am 12 full runs (36 knights) .. 2 loot drops … guess their marketing department did good with latest event notes sell cos the loot is pretty kitten awesome.. if you can get any!!

(edited by Bloodstealer.5978)

Posted by: SirusDibley.3716

SirusDibley.3716

Just done knights run and NO ONE got any loot. Going hold onto my core as price is now @ 4.5 gold on tp.

Anet just back date us all the missed drops from knights runs , when they have figured it out that is…

Posted by: Hyperionkhv.1978

Hyperionkhv.1978

Where is my loot, Anet?

Even if one likes games, there’s a limit…

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

In fact for a ‘finale’, final episode in a Living Story that’s been going on 16 months, the loot overall in this 4/3/14 update is EPIC in its CRAPNESS, even by Anet standards which is very, very low.

15 champion bags from the 3 mobs alone is now now epic crapness.
Okaaaaay.

You realize that one of the problems this game has in general is champions giving too much loot, now?

And you say 15 bags for ~10 minutes is too little? Uhuuuuh.

(If you mean unique loot, the skin is obtained later on)

Well, I don’t mind, loads of other new games to play now giving fantastic loot. I will just do the basic achievements and not log in for 2 weeks or so. Only ‘feedback’ Anet listens to, players not logging in….

Right, you showed ’em! And I guess that you log in for the achievements just tells us how much fun those other games are, then? If you motivate yourself for achievements only, have you considered anything by Blizzard? You average 5-6 achievements per minute there, even when logging back in after a year.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Posted by: captainteemo.6537

captainteemo.6537

Okay, mistakes happen. If some community manager could acknowledge that our complaints are being forwarded? I enjoyed my first fight against the knights, but I don’t want to spend another 40 minutes fighting just to mash buttons.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Not receiving loot.

1. In a party
2. Max DPS
3. In circle
4. ????
5. No Profit

Get it together ANet. How can I upgrade my backpiece if these things don’t drop anything? Let alone the missed champ boxes.

To everyone else, it also isn’t daily drop, because I don’t receive anything at all, even in the first run.

100% Full Zerker Full Ascended Thief~ I been getting drops both solo and in groups till last patch. Now I’m getting nothing and no one in FA map chat said they got drops. Did they suddenly change them to a daily?

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

It’s should be obvious by now that there is a real issue and it’s not just a L2P issue for players.

This lack of loot coupled with the massive DC issue is making this finale of the Living Story sit sour in a lot of players mouths.

They should have strived to deliver a better product for a finale that players would have been talking about and looking forward to the next chapter.

As it stands, I don’t even want to attempt this content again. Risk the DC at the end for no loot from the knights? No thanks. It’s not that fun.

Posted by: Buford.2954

Buford.2954

The latest fix patch not only apparently removed loot (not that I got any before the patch either), but it didn’t even fix the bugs it was intended to fix. Checking the patch notes, I see this: “Fixed the description on the Assault Knight Power Cores to correctly reference Crystalline Dust instead of Incandescent Dust.” I just checked the tooltip on the cores available on the TP and it still has the old note saying incandescent dust.

Posted by: Grezko.7950

Grezko.7950

Noone in the server i am in is getting any loot. This is a bit stupid – fix this bug. So many bugs in this patch – disappointed here.

Officer of Executed [EXE] from Piken Square.

Posted by: Durrik.4679

Durrik.4679

I’m wondering if they also changed it so you only get loot from your home server main. I got loot last night after the reset because I was on my home server. This morning because my home server is dead I guested over to a more popular server and got nothing.

I’ll have to do an experiment tonight. See if I get loot multiple times in a row on my home server. And then in the morning when Kaineng is deader than a rabbit on ambient killer day I’ll guest over to another server and see if I get loot or not.

But it might not be that. going by http://www.gw2tp.com/item/50058-synergetic-assault-knight-power-core (zoom down to 1day supply and demand) you can see something happened last night at 8:51 pm when demand suddenly shot above supply. So it looks like the core drops have been removed.

Posted by: Grezko.7950

Grezko.7950

i am on my server main atm and noone is getting loot no matter if they did it first time for the day or not

Officer of Executed [EXE] from Piken Square.

Posted by: Sardonia.8196

Sardonia.8196

It is clearly broken. The first night I got loot everytime playing solo. Perhaps except once. Last night after the patch, did the event twice and got nothing off the knights. And from what it sounded like, know one else on the map did either. There is something clearly broken with it after the last patch. Simple as that. Anets needs to fix this or the event will be dead before it even began.

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

same thing happening here anet how come u no read and fix.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

Posted by: Antonin.3926

Antonin.3926

just did all 3 knights and fought the holo. timer ran out on 5% hp. 40 mins of fighting for absolutely nothing. living story is fun, wohoo.

Same thing happened to me. Also had the same reaction, word for word. lol

Posted by: Corpdecker.3819

Corpdecker.3819

“Me too!”

Before last night, Knights were pretty hit or miss if they were going to drop loot, since then they are seemingly guaranteed to not drop anything for anyone. This includes the Power Cores.

I can’t even imagine what it takes to break something like this.

Posted by: Lunchbox.6970

Lunchbox.6970

This is a copy and paste from the release notes for this event: “Legendary Assault Knights will drop 5 Deluxe Gear Boxes and a chance at an Assault Knight Power Core, which can be used to color the Tempered Spinal Blades back item.” They can be found here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-March-4-2014

It clearly states that the Legendary Assault Knights will drop 5 Deluxe Gear Boxes. It then goes on to say that there is a chance at an Assault Knight Power Core. It does not say that there is a chance at 5 Deluxe Gear Boxes.

On launch day, March 4, I ran the Knights once and received 6 Deluxe Gear Boxes from each one of them and did not hear about anybody having any issues with loot during my run. When I logged in on March 5, my game updated and the first thing that I did was go to Lion’s Arch to run the event and I received zero loot from the Knights despite the fact that I received gold level participation for each of them. I submitted an in game bug report because this is clearly a bug. I also submitted a customer support ticket to have them send me the Deluxe Gear Boxes that they owe me and I will not be participating in the event until it is both fixed and I am compensated properly. I suggest that everybody else do the same thing because they may be able to ignore the forums, but if there are thousands of in game bug reports and customer support tickets flowing in, it will make it tough on them. I do understand that the 6 that I received from each Knight on March 4 was 1 too many, but most everybody now seems to be receiving 5 too few.

Posted by: Minos.5168

Minos.5168

This is a copy and paste from the release notes for this event: “Legendary Assault Knights will drop 5 Deluxe Gear Boxes and a chance at an Assault Knight Power Core, which can be used to color the Tempered Spinal Blades back item.” They can be found here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-March-4-2014

It clearly states that the Legendary Assault Knights will drop 5 Deluxe Gear Boxes. It then goes on to say that there is a chance at an Assault Knight Power Core. It does not say that there is a chance at 5 Deluxe Gear Boxes.

Agreed.

And the “chance” at cores is crazy in the first place.

You need 10 of one to upgrade a single back piece.

This will probably take at least 10 hours worth of gameplay.

I killed two knights on the first day and didn’t get any cores. (Did get the 6 boxes from each, but those just gave greens, silver, and dust.)

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Ok so on Tuesday loot was somewhat inconsistent, with boxes sometimes dropping, sometimes not.

On Wednesday we had boxes dropping from each Knight on every try. Very generous, admittedly.

On Thursday we now have no loot dropping from any Knight (or maybe just one a day). Not cool and feels very unrewarding.

People should get loot from every try. Maybe not 6 Champion boxes, but 1-2 per Knight per try is fair.

Posted by: Foxgloved.3029

Foxgloved.3029

Nope – only one loot in the 4 runs yesterday. I think maybe getting loot is a bug. Ya gotta just play this game for fun cause if you expect it to actually work like it is supposed to you will be disappointed. It is just a way to spend your excess hours. Don’t expect loot and then you will be surprised and happy when you get it. Kinda like finding a pony under a pile of horse manure.

Posted by: Eternal.9148

Eternal.9148

i think 15 boxes were a balanced reward for this event. whether you do scarlet hologram or not. imo, farming in queensdale or frostgorge is much more rewarding than this event, so the difference between time spent/loot is ok from my pov. the escape from LA patch was more rewarding than this one, that’s because you were dropping both bags and chests. so i would like to see things like they were yesterday before the last patch.

Posted by: Zlociutki.9165

Zlociutki.9165

Tag as fast as you can and deal enough damage to get credit and you’ll get loot. There is a limited number of people that can get loot from anything in this game (as shown with the ember farming).

So we can kill xxxxx time the Legendary Knights and don’ t get any loot. Just waste of time.

i think 15 boxes were a balanced reward for this event. whether you do scarlet hologram or not. imo, farming in queensdale or frostgorge is much more rewarding than this event, so the difference between time spent/loot is ok from my pov. the escape from LA patch was more rewarding than this one, that’s because you were dropping both bags and chests. so i would like to see things like they were yesterday before the last patch.

XXX kill to get a loot another xxxx kill to get a loot with a core. Well made event.

(edited by Zlociutki.9165)

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Ok so on Tuesday loot was somewhat inconsistent, with boxes sometimes dropping, sometimes not.

On Wednesday we had boxes dropping from each Knight on every try. Very generous, admittedly.

On Thursday we now have no loot dropping from any Knight (or maybe just one a day). Not cool and feels very unrewarding.

Pretty much my experience as well.

People should get loot from every try. Maybe not 6 Champion boxes, but 1-2 per Knight per try is fair.

I disagree, I think the amount of loot (that we were and should still be getting, though not getting due to it being bugged) is right since it takes the 15ish minutes to kill all three (if its zerg from one to the next, which is all I’ve ever seen. Still want that 6 minute acheivement…)

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: AnonEMouse.7932

AnonEMouse.7932

And another 3 knights killed with zero chests. Awarded gold for the event contributions, but no chest and nothing to loot. Anet you really kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten this up.

Posted by: Allanon.9072

Allanon.9072

Working as intended after 24h.

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

ANet should fix this by either changing it so it spawns a big worldboss chest or give us a personal bouncy-chest for each boss we get a participation medal for.

After all these bosses I fought I only have 2-1-1 cores and that was with the 1-3 lootbug. Now after the latest patch I don’t get any loot at all!

Those regular champion bosses give loot all the time, so why are these Assault Knights so bugged?

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

(edited by Aveneo.2068)

Posted by: quercus.9261

quercus.9261

yeah what is the deal. I am a WvW player and I have never been in a dungeon. I do the LA events and always end up in an overflow. I finally get a good overflow this morning and we kill the knights, kill the boss with lots of time to spare. No loots *3 on knights and a bunch of greens for the boss.

I thought being a carebear would be a little more lucrative.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Report ticket submitted, waiting for my loot!!!
I really doubt anything will come of it, and it will continued to be ignored—but it’s easy enough to create a ticket, and XXX fingers,

Posted by: Zappix.7928

Zappix.7928

Just completed it again and once again, no loot from any of the three knights…

No word from Anet on this, is it supposed to be daily loot from them or what?

Can you please respond to your community because it’s starting to annoy a lot of players.

Cheers.

Posted by: JonG.7206

JonG.7206

Also not receiving any loot. Any communication from Anet on this would be appreciated

Posted by: AnonEMouse.7932

AnonEMouse.7932

And another 3 knights killed, still no chests. And I think the Scarlet chest is absolute kitten, as all I got was greens… greens kitten .. I could go kill moa’s for greens if I wanted greens.

This event is phail.

Posted by: Katastrofi.5816

Katastrofi.5816

I don’t know if this has been said, but why the hell can’t someone from Anet either confirm this is a problem, or if this elusive drop chance is working as intended? For kittens sake, with the length of this thread and all the speculation they could at least say SOMETHING.

Posted by: JonG.7206

JonG.7206

They have been off work/ sleeping for the majority of the time this stuff has been going on. They are now at work; if we don’t see a response (even just a very brief one) in the next 3 hours or so then I feel frustration at the lack of communication would be justified.

If everyone submits bug reports the issue might draw their attention quicker.