LA Map Exploration Completion?

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Espionage.3685

Espionage.3685

Q:

Was wondering if anyone else managed to fully explore the zone?

There is a vista above Lion’s Court that I had quite a bit of trouble getting to. I eventually was able to get it, but only after a Mesmer who happened to be up there at the time (he claims he logged out there before the update, but wasn’t everyone teleported to a nearby zone?) teleported me up.

The completion rewards is kind of disappointing though, just some transmutation stones and experience. It’s the right amount for a non-combat city, but one that’s under full-scale attack should probably receive a bit more for the trouble I’d figure (the reward probably wasn’t changed).

Posted by: Autumn Frazee.3158

Autumn Frazee.3158

Living World QA Embed

A:

We have taken care to make sure that all elements of Lion’s Arch map completion are still accessible during the Escape from Lion’s Arch release. Some of them may be a little tricky, but you should be able to get to all Vistas, the Diving Goggles, and even still be able to do the Lion’s Arch jumping puzzles!

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

(he claims he logged out there before the update, but wasn’t everyone teleported to a nearby zone?)

My character stood at the same spot as before in LA.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: OmaiGodman.2098

OmaiGodman.2098

Mine didn’t because the roof of the bank was gone. So now my character was on the ground :P But yeah, that surprised me because they said people would be transported out of LA. Maybe that only happened for low-level characters under lvl 35 or something?

Any plan that involves dead quaggans is, by design, foolproof. I’m an unmitigated genius!

Posted by: whatsername.4128

whatsername.4128

I had mixed results on the being transported out of LA. I logged in on my main who had been by the asura gate hub and was given the cutscene and then moved to Bloodtide Coast in accordance with my OoW allegiance. Logged in on an alt who had been parked on top of the bank for the lulz and spawned in Lion’s Arch on top of what was left of the bank instead of Lornar’s.

Edit: both of these characters are level 80 so I doubt that has much to do with it.

Tarnished Coast – [NeX] [SASS]
Avalise [Sylvari Thief]

Posted by: Kaukomieli.6740

Kaukomieli.6740

I think the auto-porting out happens if the miasma levels in LA are toxic upon your entering, during the time it’s not possible to enter the city? You get automatically ported out if you die of the poison afaik?

Can’t say anything about the exploration thing, though, sorry.

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

If they rewarded people post-patch for map completion, there would be a lot of complaints.

Honestly, it’s not that hard to do map completion post patch unless you are a new player and have zero clue on how to play. I don’t see why they should upgrade rewards.

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

and even still be able to do the Lion’s Arch jumping puzzles!

Except that now we have a timer to do them. I remember the first time I did Troll’s End, it took me more than an hour and half an hour to do Weyandt’s revenge.

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

We have taken care to make sure that all elements of Lion’s Arch map completion are still accessible during the Escape from Lion’s Arch release. Some of them may be a little tricky, but you should be able to get to all Vistas, the Diving Goggles, and even still be able to do the Lion’s Arch jumping puzzles!

So far I’ve gotten all of them. I did the pirate puzzle and the sewer puzzle, but not the Ogre puzzle. I forgot to grab the Vista after the sewer puzzle, though, probably because I was being attacked by orbital bombardment at the time. And I also forgot the one in the smuggler cave.

I was disappointed that the pirate puzzle Vista is the same and so doesn’t exhibit any of the changes in LA, but the rest are really cool. The underwater one is king of lame, but since it passed the drill bit I took a shot of that. The diving Vista flies by the interesting destruction a little too fast, considering the end is just seaweed.

The best Vista, though, is the “new” Marionette Vista.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

I’m having the hardest time grabbing the vista near Trader’s Forum for some reason. Trying to finish LA map completion on an ALT while doing the invasion and I just can’t seem to get up there to it.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I’m having the hardest time grabbing the vista near Trader’s Forum for some reason. Trying to finish LA map completion on an ALT while doing the invasion and I just can’t seem to get up there to it.

If it’s the one on the end of the mast that is just a really tedious jump. There is nothing special about it, you don’t have to find some convoluted path to jump down onto it. It’s just not easy to actually get up the rubble at the base of the mast.

Just keep trying and you should get it eventually.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

If it’s the one on the end of the mast that is just a really tedious jump. There is nothing special about it, you don’t have to find some convoluted path to jump down onto it. It’s just not easy to actually get up the rubble at the base of the mast.

Just keep trying and you should get it eventually.

Thanks for the tip. I wasn’t making the jumps around the base, so I was looking for a way further up to drop down.

I’ll try it out tonight!

Posted by: confusion.3264

confusion.3264

on a side note: if you had lion’s arch completion before the update and you are only missing the two new added pois for 100% map completion, it will likely bug out, granting you title and star, but no gifts of exploration (as stated several times in the Game Bugs subforum).