Loot from knights after the 6/3 patch

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Dejw.5164

Dejw.5164

Let’s say players divide 45 red, 35 green, 30 blue (I haven’t actually seen 50/50/50 so far). The red and green knights are killed, blue knight remains alive. Players who were attacking red and green get the chest, players who were attacking blue don’t, because they didn’t kill him. As I understand the patch notes, players should get the chest if any of the three knights were killed, even if they were attacking a knight, which remained alive. Because they participated. I just witnessed people from the blue knight running away to the red/green one, to get the loot. I don’t blame them, it’s a logical thing to do.

Oh and the knights’ health status bars are bugged.

(edited by Dejw.5164)

Posted by: Kyvia.5961

Kyvia.5961

I am beginning to think that their internal servers where they test this stuff are bugged in some fashion, which makes encounters actually work there, as opposed to the live servers which consistently do not match up to what the patch notes proclaim…

Thread 4 or 5 on this, we had to hit 16 yesterday to get a reply, but in all fairness, all the Devs are likely asleep and left work pretty soon after the last bug patch. The only issue is, that it seems without a flood that fills up the entire front page of the forums, it takes days to fix game breaking issues instead of hours.

Dejw.5164

Well they are Americans. They are probably getting from bed at this hour, to start their day.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

This is Friday. Don’t expect any answer until Monday. Assuming they’d even bother to notice there’s still a problem.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Dejw.5164

It’s crucially important that this significant part of the living story is fixed by the weekend. Most players play during the weekend.

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

I haven’t gotten any loot from the Knights in days. And I’ve downed all of them sequentially.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

It’s crucially important that this significant part of the living story is fixed by the weekend. Most players play during the weekend.

Nah it’s too late anyways.

Hyping the big final of the LS being the most awesome thing ever and giving us this bug fest? That is what ANet thinks is the best they can do for a final release? Seriously, who would expect any quality content after seeing this in the future.

On the forth day, things just get fixed to be worse? They could just let this whole thing be the way it is. It is how the whole LS has been and it is foreboding the future of more LS seasons.

Posted by: Exquisitor.5076

Exquisitor.5076

I’ve just stopped doing this event completely. It’s not worth the effort, plus the mechanics and color flashes give me a headache.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Whats worse is that even if all three are killed, players only get the loot for one. Its just barely better than no loot. I’d prefer it to go back to the way it was with loot from each one. How the kitten are we supposed to amass power cores now?

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

Whats worse is that even if all three are killed, players only get the loot for one. Its just barely better than no loot. I’d prefer it to go back to the way it was with loot from each one. How the kitten are we supposed to amass power cores now?

Got a feeling, tha ANet got the impression that working loot for the knights would give out too many cores, which equals being less of a grind.

ANet hates things that are not grindy, what would you expect them to do.

Posted by: Ikoh.7280

Ikoh.7280

It’s not only when you fought against the one who stayed alive that you didn’t get a chest. On my server, we killed 2 knights and I was part of one of those fights from beginning to end. And guess what? I didn’t get a chest. We failed the event because the third one wasn’t defeated but from what I understand, from what it’s said in the patch notes and from what my friends told me (since they got a reward with a fail), I should have been rewarded.

Posted by: Pipra.7580

Pipra.7580

I was only getting loot from (roughly) 1 in 3 knight kills anyway, so this isn’t terribly different. At least this way it’s a guaranteed reward if you complete the event.

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

played the knights since bug patch, 7 times, I got 6 power cores. (went like this, 0,1,2,3, fail, fail, 0 ) They’re also likely to drop in price on TP a great deal.
How many cores do you need really?

skullmount.1758

played the knights since bug patch, 7 times, I got 6 power cores. (went like this, 0,1,2,3, fail, fail, 0 ) They’re also likely to drop in price on TP a great deal.

Well I’d like at least 10 of each so I can get one of each color, so thats 30 cores. Preferably more so I can maybe have two of two certain colors.

I was only getting loot from (roughly) 1 in 3 knight kills anyway, so this isn’t terribly different. At least this way it’s a guaranteed reward if you complete the event.

I think I was only getting 2 out of 3 before, but at least that was one more chance at a power core then I have now.

Darkhaven server

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

Well I’d like at least 10 of each so I can get one of each color, so thats 30 cores. Preferably more so I can maybe have two of two certain colors.

I wonder at players like you.

But anyway, cores prices ARE dropping, if you’re planning for that many, you got gold, buy them.

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

I am beginning to think that their internal servers where they test this stuff are bugged in some fashion, which makes encounters actually work there, as opposed to the live servers which consistently do not match up to what the patch notes proclaim…

Thread 4 or 5 on this, we had to hit 16 yesterday to get a reply, but in all fairness, all the Devs are likely asleep and left work pretty soon after the last bug patch. The only issue is, that it seems without a flood that fills up the entire front page of the forums, it takes days to fix game breaking issues instead of hours.

I love how you are counting time in replies and not sec min or hours

Posted by: Fuji.6284

Fuji.6284

You all KNOW you want that…… 3 obsidian shards and greens from the boss chest

Dejw.5164

Wait 1 week, they will cost about 80s on TP that’s 8g for ten, that is not so much.

Dejw.5164

It’s not only when you fought against the one who stayed alive that you didn’t get a chest. On my server, we killed 2 knights and I was part of one of those fights from beginning to end. And guess what? I didn’t get a chest. We failed the event because the third one wasn’t defeated but from what I understand, from what it’s said in the patch notes and from what my friends told me (since they got a reward with a fail), I should have been rewarded.

Yes you should have. I experienced similar situation and I did get the reward.

Posted by: Diabolus Anur Kaya.8379

Diabolus Anur Kaya.8379

After completing this many times, killing each “legendary knight” I have exactly one core. Have been playing this release after work every day this week for about 3-4 hours a day since Tuesday the return absolutely sucks. Didn’t fail any attempts to kill dead red scarlet or the knights and even got 15 out of 15 early yesterday.

This ls ending is about as epic as the final battle against Zhaitan which is the lamest part of this game…….

Posted by: Lamont.5973

Lamont.5973

…….

This ls ending is about as epic as the final battle against Zhaitan which is the lamest part of this game…….

+1 greater truth has never been spoken….uh…typed.

skullmount.1758

Wait 1 week, they will cost about 80s on TP that’s 8g for ten, that is not so much.

Well I hope they drop at least that much (hopefully more)

Darkhaven server

Posted by: Minos.5168

Minos.5168

There’s also a bug where sometimes people get NOTHING for participating.

It’s happened twice to me now.

Killed 2/3 knights. No chest.