Menders can heal the Knights. Awesome.

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Never.8571

Never.8571

We were in the middle of taking down (read: zerging slowly) the Blue Knight. I got to watch as a Twisted Mender floated his way over to the Blue Knight through all of the madness and healed it from ~50% back to 100% health.

Needless to say, we pretty much just stopped right there.

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Yup, just gotta pay attention to them spawning and you’ll be fine. I’m all for little things like this. Not hard to prevent, but if you don’t…

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Posted by: Horo.7395

Horo.7395

Yup, just gotta pay attention to them spawning and you’ll be fine. I’m all for little things like this. Not hard to prevent, but if you don’t…

Good luck paying attention to blue knight while doing damage at red

Posted by: Sankofa Jimiyu.1567

Sankofa Jimiyu.1567

I was wondering why the Blue Knight was so hard to kill.
I love that Scarlet’s armies are able to heal each other as we do. Just another thing we have to watch in an already buggy battle.

“Look like the innocent flower, but be the Obaba under’t.”

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

The problem with menders is that they were designed to sacrifice themselves to fully heal a clockwork. Unfortunately, they were never created in an environment where those clockworks were anything other than normal mobs.

This would be like the menders healing, say, tequatl or the jungle wurm. They were never intended to interact with raid type monsters.

Posted by: AKGeo.6048

AKGeo.6048

I want to fuel my one-ton truck on 40" tires with the battery in my remote controlled car.

Because this is pretty much what’s going on.

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

Its down right horrible, none of the other Knights deal with this. Making blue more difficult than the others, Its very unfair and wasnt necessary at all.
Only will push people away from blue

Posted by: Riselight.3695

Riselight.3695

Sure, let them heal it, it’s a nice little extra the players need to pay attention to, but 50% HP in one second? That is too much…

Riselight [WvW] – Elementalist
Smough The Cruel [WvW] – Warrior

Posted by: AlbertoUlkesh.4517

AlbertoUlkesh.4517

Tried the event 4 times today. 4 times it failed because of Blue getting back to full health.

This mechanic seems to doom every overflow.

Never.8571

Sure, let them heal it, it’s a nice little extra the players need to pay attention to, but 50% HP in one second? That is too much…

It wasn’t really in one second, but a few ticks. I was watching the health, and noticed it bumped about 10%. A second later it shot up to ~75%, then again it shot up to full.

I even tried targeting it through all of the mess before it got there, but I couldn’t click on it. I tried tabbing, but it was already too late. Terrible mechanic.

Posted by: Riselight.3695

Riselight.3695

It wasn’t really in one second, but a few ticks. I was watching the health, and noticed it bumped about 10%. A second later it shot up to ~75%, then again it shot up to full.

I even tried targeting it through all of the mess before it got there, but I couldn’t click on it. I tried tabbing, but it was already too late. Terrible mechanic.

I didn’t have him targeted for a short moment, before that he was 25% HP and when I targetted him again he suddenly was at 75% HP. Later it happened again, 50% HP and after a small moment back to 100% HP with only 3 minutes left on the timer

Riselight [WvW] – Elementalist
Smough The Cruel [WvW] – Warrior

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

So in their attempts to fix the loot issue, they reintroduced the old bug? Why am I not surprised…

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

Taygus.4571

Why that boss and not the others, though?

And yes, if they’re going to, make it 5% per mender rather than 25%,

Never.8571

The Canoneer can be healed by the Menders too. I ran into this last night, and it took forever to kill him.

Taygus.4571

The Canoneer can be healed by the Menders too. I ran into this last night, and it took forever to kill him.

Champ,

my comment was on the 3 Knights. This mender healing will have players fighting for green and red, risking less players (when they need more) to blue. Not smart.

Never.8571

Champ,

my comment was on the 3 Knights. This mender healing will have players fighting for green and red, risking less players (when they need more) to blue. Not smart.

“Champ,”(really?) I’m agreeing with you. My guess is it’s something they overlooked. They made the fountain the spawn point for Blue, not considering the flock of Menders that spawn every few minutes or so. It definitely makes it rough for anyone trying to down Blue, that doesn’t know about it. Most servers are complaining that Green doesn’t have much people, that problem just might switch over to Blue.

Posted by: Sankofa Jimiyu.1567

Sankofa Jimiyu.1567

It’s true one Guardian can take them all out with a GS. It’s just a pain to not be in the actual fight. Do you get credit if you only nullify Menders for an entire battle?

“Look like the innocent flower, but be the Obaba under’t.”

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Yeah, saw that on my server too. Pretty sure it’s not intended, but I doubt we’ll see a fix for it either. Though, you never know.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Considering that those menders have been spawning there as a group since the beginning of the LA events, that they’re the only mobile group of menders in the map, and that the portal was always there, I’m going to say it’s intended. Just be happy that it doesn’t happen with all of them. It takes two seconds to kill the entire group, and there is plenty of time between when they spawn to when they’re close enough to help. Pay attention to their spawn cycle and kill them quick. Otherwise fail. You’re choice.

It’s true one Guardian can take them all out with a GS. It’s just a pain to not be in the actual fight. Do you get credit if you only nullify Menders for an entire battle?

Why are you spending all your time waiting for Menders when they only spawn on a regular schedule. Kill them, smack the Knight. Pay attention and when they respawn on the other side of the statue go kill them again.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

(edited by Kal Spiro.9745)

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

When they spawn (every 3 minutes) a Guardian with a GS can just leap over to them and kill them within 3 seconds. Then you can resume your attack on the knight until they spawn again 3 minutes later.

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU