Miasma is Saving people

Miasma is Saving people

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Patrikan Habaton.2548

Patrikan Habaton.2548

From the big Dragon that will come out when the drill finished digging. Sooo basicaly the Miasma is a " good " Thing since it gives the hero time and a reason to get People out of lions arch before the REAL evil awakes

first scale 81 fractals

Miasma is Saving people

Posted by: Steel Fenrir.2791

Steel Fenrir.2791

Don’t fret everyone, the “Intelligent” Captain’s Council will surely save us. Too much greed blinded the council. I sometimes wonder if what Scarlett did was overkill. Wouldn’t it be better if she just talked to the council about this? NOPE Lion’s Arch somewhat reminds me of the real life Carthaginian empire.

Miasma is Saving people

Posted by: SirDrygan.1823

SirDrygan.1823

Did you talk to Lionguard Healer Halloway? Or listened to some of the npcs conversation? People are dying left right and center. You tell me if the miasma is “saving” people. If you mean that this attack was actually to chase everyone out, job done. But the way it was done is not saving people. It is killing people for the sake of one’s ideal. Reminds you of a certain person whose name start with a H and ends with a R.

Miasma is Saving people

Posted by: Cassius.8945

Cassius.8945

Are you implying that Scarlet is mercy killing everyone so they wont become dragon minions?

Miasma is Saving people

Posted by: Betrayedchalice.5198

Betrayedchalice.5198

I think scarlets motives are vaguely noble. We have no idea what they are exactly.

She is doing something to help people, but in all the wrong ways.

Never Enough [TYME] – Ehmry Bay
Elementalist – Philip Podscale, Mesmer – Jessica Starkwind, Call me Shawn

Miasma is Saving people

Posted by: Dakota.4591

Dakota.4591

I think I remember reading elsewhere on the forums that canonically, LA has a population of about 50,000 people. And canonically, less than 2000 make it out alive.
So yes, killing over 95% of the population sure is saving them!

Miasma is Saving people

Posted by: MadDemon.7548

MadDemon.7548

Interesting, but its more likely that she’s ANet’s version of The Joker.

Brilliant, capable of making people do whatever they want, has a seemingly endless supply of resources, but ultimately coo coo for cocoa puffs and about as noble as a risen skritt.

Miasma is Saving people

Posted by: SirDrygan.1823

SirDrygan.1823

I think scarlets motives are vaguely noble. We have no idea what they are exactly.

She is doing something to help people, but in all the wrong ways.

Not seeing it from my perspective….. all I see is a Sylvari trying desperately to get herself killed by being worst than an elder dragon….

oh yeah, did we forgot about the treat of the elder dragon’s?

Miasma is Saving people

Posted by: Shirogatsu.3150

Shirogatsu.3150

Exactly my thoughts
Less people in LA => Less dragon minions => Less headache

Miasma is Saving people

Posted by: Spiuk.8421

Spiuk.8421

That was a fast Godwin.

Rubios – Tales of the Sunless [TXS]

Miasma is Saving people

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

If Scarlet cared at all she wouldn’t send her own minions to kill people along side the miasma. ;s

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Miasma is Saving people

Posted by: Steel Fenrir.2791

Steel Fenrir.2791

You have to take into consideration the scaling in Guild Wars as well as in other games. What seemed to be a party of 8 people facing off against the Lich Lord in Hell’s Precipice (Guild Wars 1 Prophecies final mission battle) might actually be hundreds or thousands of soldiers, with you being one of them or even as an officer. What seemed to be 150 soldiers dealing with the threat of the Ancient Wurm might actually be hundreds, even thousands of soldiers canonically. Likewise, what seemed to be a single person being rescued might actually represent a whole family or a group of survivors.

Miasma is Saving people

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

“Caithe, someday you’ll see. Tyria needs me.”

— Scarlet Briar

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka

Miasma is Saving people

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

You have to take into consideration the scaling in Guild Wars as well as in other games. What seemed to be a party of 8 people facing off against the Lich Lord in Hell’s Precipice (Guild Wars 1 Prophecies final mission battle) might actually be hundreds or thousands of soldiers, with you being one of them or even as an officer. What seemed to be 150 soldiers dealing with the threat of the Ancient Wurm might actually be hundreds, even thousands of soldiers canonically. Likewise, what seemed to be a single person being rescued might actually represent a whole family or a group of survivors.

Huh. Hells Precipice was a party of 8. I was there. When there needed to be more, there was more, Dzagonur Bastion, Consulate Docks. Battle of Lions Arch GW we had a sizable number of NPC help.

This is the silliest explanation/theory I have ever read. You are saying that all games only show your actions as a microcosm of the actual event, one cog in a cast of hundreds or thousands of unknowns regardless of context?

Really. And “Canon”? You seem to forget the Flameseeker Prophecies. It wasn’t about a cast of thousands. Or hundreds.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

(edited by Teofa Tsavo.9863)

Miasma is Saving people

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

You went full crazy. Never go full crazy, OP. Now shut up and get your kitten in there and rescue people before Scarlet’s minions or her miasma ‘saves’ them… from being alive.

Miasma is Saving people

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

All the rage that will happen if an elder dragon has nothing to do with the LS after all the hype, digging and speculation :p

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

Miasma is Saving people

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

Huh. Hells Precipice was a party of 8. I was there. When there needed to be more, there was more, Dzagonur Bastion, Consulate Docks. Battle of Lions Arch GW we had a sizable number of NPC help.

This is the silliest explanation/theory I have ever read. You are saying that all games only show your actions as a microcosm of the actual event, one cog in a cast of hundreds or thousands of unknowns regardless of context?

Really. And “Canon”? You seem to forget the Flameseeker Prophecies. It wasn’t about a cast of thousands. Or hundreds.

I do seem to remember someone mentioning that Guild Wars is often seen through the eyes of an unreliable observer ( people saw the Charr as savage animals because they were enemy invaders, but they are actually highly intelligent and somewhat cultured) and that what you see in game can thus be different from whats going on. I think it mightve been on TVTropes.

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

Miasma is Saving people

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

From the big Dragon that will come out when the drill finished digging. Sooo basicaly the Miasma is a " good " Thing since it gives the hero time and a reason to get People out of lions arch before the REAL evil awakes

I suggest you to delete the whole topic ASAP or you will get infracted. I got my third point just for similar post, so be careful.

Miasma is Saving people

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

You do realize that if the drill wasn’t drilling and Lion’s Arch invaded, there wouldn’t be any danger to begin with, right? If someone shot you you wouldn’t be saying “It was a good thing he shot me because I was in the hospital when that bullet fragment got near my artery”.

Miasma is Saving people

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Reminds you of a certain person whose name start with a H and ends with a R.

Harry Potter.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Miasma is Saving people

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

Miasma is good, because it revives regular NPCs. You know, all the heroes are forced to leave, but every time we re-enter, BAM all the dead citizens are alive again!

Miasma is Saving people

Posted by: ShibVicious.9681

ShibVicious.9681

Reminds you of a certain person whose name start with a H and ends with a R.

Harry Potter.

Hodor?

Miasma is Saving people

Posted by: Pirlipat.2479

Pirlipat.2479

That seems to be common plant logic. Try to solve a problem by creating an even bigger one. Explaining what they want isn’t their thing it seems.

Cranach was trying to free the settlers by making the local wildlive go on killingspree towards everyone on that island. Scarlett is killing everyone with that miasma before the dragon? that she is digging out does.

Miasma is Saving people

Posted by: Sobat.8650

Sobat.8650

Did they ever explain why the miasma doesn’t affect Scarlet’s minions?

Miasma is Saving people

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

Did they ever explain why the miasma doesn’t affect Scarlet’s minions?

i guess she knows how to produce an antitoxin for her own poison

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Miasma is Saving people

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Heal-o-Tron discovered that the miasma is countered by “sub-aether harmonics in an energy field”. That suggests that Scarlet’s minions each possess a device that combines Aetherblade and Molten technology that renders them immune to the miasma.

What’s weird is that none of us are dragging out the corpses of slain Alliance to look for the source of their immunity. :P

Miasma is Saving people

Posted by: ShibVicious.9681

ShibVicious.9681

Heal-o-Tron discovered that the miasma is countered by “sub-aether harmonics in an energy field”. That suggests that Scarlet’s minions each possess a device that combines Aetherblade and Molten technology that renders them immune to the miasma.

What’s weird is that none of us are dragging out the corpses of slain Alliance to look for the source of their immunity. :P

I think from a lore stand point, we got the citizens we could out when the attack began, and haven’t gone back as of yet.

Yes I’m aware that some npcs say stuff along the lines of “We’ll be going back in once the wind clears the miasma” or whatever, but I think that’s just some dialogue thrown in because it’s a repeatable event.
Also if you bare in mind the miasma is lethal to anyone left in there shortly after Magnus and team bail, it’s safe to say that any later attempts to get into LA wouldn’t result in us getting out any civvies alive.
So I guess by the time anyone is aware that Scarlett’s minions are immune to the effects of the miasma, it’d be too late for anyone to have grabbed hold of some and brought them out to be research subjects.

Miasma is Saving people

Posted by: Minos.5168

Minos.5168

I think I remember reading elsewhere on the forums that canonically, LA has a population of about 50,000 people. And canonically, less than 2000 make it out alive.

Are we certain that less than 2000 make it out?

I kind of imagined that people had already started leaving en-masse BEFORE the event starts.

Seeing as the original goal was 1500, we know that AT LEAST that many made it out. (Are Kiel and the others that leave on her airship even included in that?)

Miasma is Saving people

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

I kind of imagined that people had already started leaving en-masse BEFORE the event starts.

Nope. No one wanted to listen to us when we told them that Scarlet is going to attack LA.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Miasma is Saving people

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Exactly. Just ignore all the civilians who were killed or permanently debilitated or the many many dead lion’s guards. Or the roaming members of the Scarlet Alliance actively murdering everyone.

Miasma is Saving people

Posted by: Dakota.4591

Dakota.4591

Are we certain that less than 2000 make it out?

Seeing as the original goal was 1500, we know that AT LEAST that many made it out. (Are Kiel and the others that leave on her airship even included in that?)

The way I saw it explained, a few hundred of the named or notable NPCs (Ellen Kiel, dungeon armor merchants, various lionguards, et cetera), plus however many citizens are able to be rescued. After the patch that fixed the timers not resetting, most I’ve heard of any rescue run was in the 1700 range. So 2000 sounds about right.

As far as people leaving en masse, Scarlet’s attack pretty much came from all sides at once, so there probably wasn’t opportunity for people to escape before the players do their rescue run.