My AP's rely on others!?

My AP's rely on others!?

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Coopziana.1802

Coopziana.1802

Fed up of seeing achievements being added that rely on other players to be able to get them.

These are MY Achievement points and it’s not fair that I can’t get them because i’m stuck in a server of Morons who don’t listen or just don’t understand what is going on….

The latest release for example:
“6-Minutes till Knightfall” – I alone cannot achieve this, I rely completely on other people being there and working together to gain this achievement… WHY!?

Did Arenanet not state “Play the game how you want to play it” well I’d like to get all the achievements completed for the living story and at this rate I won’t because i have to rely on others… This post has been a long time coming!

Just while i’m on the subject of the “6-minutes” achievement, Anet have been so obsessed with the loot that they have now made it too hard, meaning we can kill 1 knight in 14-minutes… So tell me how are we going to get this achievement now? furthermore how am i going to get the scarlet achievements if I now can’t get to the battle phase? ALL BECAUSE I HAVE TO RELY ON EVERYONE ELSE!

Sort it out or remove the Achievement Anet… and stop adding achievements that mean we have to rely on others. I understand you want us to work together but we shouldn’t be forced to do so in order to gain achievements.

Like & Subscribe to “Game Slobs” on YouTube: www.youtube.com/c/gameslobsuk

My AP's rely on others!?

Posted by: Phoenixlin.8624

Phoenixlin.8624

You are playing an online game. Stop whining and adapt yourself.

My AP's rely on others!?

Coopziana.1802

You are playing an online game. Stop whining and adapt yourself.

haha, it’s not a case of adapting myself, i’m stating that ANET should give us PERSONAL ACHIEVEMENTS that are impossible for us to achieve on our own!

#OXYMORON – that means contradiction in terms!

My AP's rely on others!?

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

on behalf of OP I urge Anet to introduce mostly failable group achievements in the future.

My AP's rely on others!?

Posted by: Estic.8647

Estic.8647

Funny that OP’s name is COOPziana

My AP's rely on others!?

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

I feel the same way as Coop. I’ve been tired of these huge group events almost since they first appeared, particularly the events that push you into overflow.

It seems like, if you don’t have enough people to create an overflow instance, your main server simply wont succeed no matter what you do because you don’t have enough players around.

This new situation with the Assault Knights is the perfect example. You will need 50 at each knight, and only 50. Any more than that at a Knight and you might as well go looking for Peter. If you get lucky or camp one of his spawn spots you can get that achievement on your own.

One thing we get from this though, now we know for certain that the map cap is 150.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

My AP's rely on others!?

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

only need about 30 at each night (25 -30) .. with 40 or 50 preferably at Blue. Red & green will manage with 25-30 people easily.

My AP's rely on others!?

Posted by: kmdziak.1076

kmdziak.1076

only need about 30 at each night (25 -30) .. with 40 or 50 preferably at Blue. Red & green will manage with 25-30 people easily.

Did u ever try this after the patch ? I just did green with around 25 people, it took us over 12 minutes to kill it (would take longer if red & blue haven’t joined us after killing their knights), while red & blue had around 40 people they still weren’t able to kill them under 6 minutes.

My AP's rely on others!?

Posted by: yayuuu.9420

yayuuu.9420

I feel the same. I’m OK with large events like these, but achivements should be personal. Just like the one to dodge one of the champions teleport attack.
The best example of a well made achivements is Queen’s Jubilee and Queen’s Gauntlet. I was able to get achivements just by myself, not depending on every radom player I don’t even know. If you want to add group achivements dear AN, give us raids, so we can make our own groups of players, who are not AFKers, leechers or autoattackers, coordinate our actions and work together to get the achivements.

/I was camping Spider Queen for 2 days already, still no achivement. By camping I mean standing near her spawn and waiting without doing anything. There’s always someone who will attack her and waste achivement and even if they don’t, there’s a chance that she will catch me in the cocoon and noone will chill / immobilize her. I’m not even thinking about 6 minutes achivement, it is impossible so I’ve abandoned all hope.

My AP's rely on others!?

Posted by: Thorquist.8126

Thorquist.8126

My AP's rely on others!?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

It’s a multi-player game, of course it’s going to have multi-player achievements. Even Xbox games that allow online multiplayer have achievements for it.

Within GW2 there’s also the World Boss achievements and dungeon achievements which require multiple people working together, and probably others I don’t remember right now so I’m surprised this is only becoming an issue now.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

My AP's rely on others!?

kmdziak.1076

It’s a multi-player game, of course it’s going to have multi-player achievements. Even Xbox games that allow online multiplayer have achievements for it.

Within GW2 there’s also the World Boss achievements and dungeon achievements which require multiple people working together, and probably others I don’t remember right now so I’m surprised this is only becoming an issue now.

You don’t get the point, for dungeons u can just get your friends that are well coordinated with you to get the achievements, for world bosses it often takes a lot of time & effort for people to finally kill them (like 3 wurms) and those world bosses are permanent, meaning u can get the achievements anytime u want, for LS u only have 2 weeks to do so, while first week always end up as people beta testing the actual content because it is always full of bugs that prevent u from getting the achievements, after that week people loose interest in it so u can’t find anyone doing it, therefore u are unable to get the achievements. Achievements shouldn’t be dependable on totally random people & luck but on our own skills. It was like that with Marionette for the dodge achievements, even if u dodged every attack u still had to hope for others to finish their platform in order for your achievement to count, now it is the same thing with those 3 knights, in order to kill them in under 6 minutes u need a well coordinated group of 150 people (50 at each knight, otherwise u won’t be able to get them under 6 minutes) which is almost impossible to do.

My AP's rely on others!?

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

So some of the achievements require you to work with other people in an MMORPG? I’m with you, that’s unacceptable!!!!!!!!

…………………………

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

My AP's rely on others!?

Coopziana.1802

You don’t get the point, for dungeons u can just get your friends that are well coordinated with you to get the achievements, for world bosses it often takes a lot of time & effort for people to finally kill them (like 3 wurms) and those world bosses are permanent, meaning u can get the achievements anytime u want, for LS u only have 2 weeks to do so, while first week always end up as people beta testing the actual content because it is always full of bugs that prevent u from getting the achievements, after that week people loose interest in it so u can’t find anyone doing it, therefore u are unable to get the achievements. Achievements shouldn’t be dependable on totally random people & luck but on our own skills. It was like that with Marionette for the dodge achievements, even if u dodged every attack u still had to hope for others to finish their platform in order for your achievement to count, now it is the same thing with those 3 knights, in order to kill them in under 6 minutes u need a well coordinated group of 150 people (50 at each knight, otherwise u won’t be able to get them under 6 minutes) which is almost impossible to do.

Exactly. I mean yeah i’m really miffed that I have to say “Good-bye” to the 6-minute achievement… but if we can’t get the 3 Knights down then I can kiss the Scarlet achievement’s good-bye too… I dunno if this is worse than the Marionette or not… The fact that, unless the server i’m on actually gets to the hologram phase then I can’t get the 2 achievements there and if they don’t succeed on the hologram then I can’t do the “Finish Scarlet” one either…

So that’s 6 achievements for this LS that I may not get because of other people!!!

Let’s put that into perspective:
~ That is 35% of achievements
~ That is 25% of the max Achievement Points earnable

My AP's rely on others!?

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

This was incredibly frustrating on marionette i toke more than 20 tries to beat scarlet and i never failed the champions myself i got downed 2 or 3 times because i spawned on the boss when i entered the portal so i know it was not my fault i failed.
When i beated it i never did it again. It was fun the first 5 tries and i was about to give up.

My AP's rely on others!?

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

So that’s 6 achievements for this LS that I may not get because of other people!!!

Which is how many points exactly? 20AP? 30AP? I mean, really, you guys are this upset over not being able to get AP that can be made in a matter of days doing daily achievements?

Sometimes I really wonder about the people that play this game…

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

My AP's rely on others!?

kmdziak.1076

Which is how many points exactly? 20AP? 30AP? I mean, really, you guys are this upset over not being able to get AP that can be made in a matter of days doing daily achievements?

Sometimes I really wonder about the people that play this game…

It’s not about points, I’m a completionist, I like to get all the possible achievements there are, missing even one ruins my “collection”.

My AP's rely on others!?

Taygus.4571

Exactly. I mean yeah i’m really miffed that I have to say “Good-bye” to the 6-minute achievement… but if we can’t get the 3 Knights down then I can kiss the Scarlet achievement’s good-bye too… I dunno if this is worse than the Marionette or not… The fact that, unless the server i’m on actually gets to the hologram phase then I can’t get the 2 achievements there and if they don’t succeed on the hologram then I can’t do the “Finish Scarlet” one either…

you CAN do the scarlett one.
All you need is to equip the first tier of the spinal back piece. (that’s cheap so gold isn’t an excuse).
(you do not need exotic or anything higher to enter the purple portal. The 1st tier of the back piece on your character, and tada, skip the holo fight entirely. )

My AP's rely on others!?

Coopziana.1802

So some of the achievements require you to work with other people in an MMORPG? I’m with you, that’s unacceptable!!!!!!!!

I don’t mind working with other’s. In fact i’m more than happy to work with others. I quite frequently do dungeon runs with friends and PUG’s quite happily. The fact is Anet are putting time-limited achievements on the line… If it was a permanent achievement then fine I’d have no problems cuz i’d do them eventually… But that isn’t the case, they are giving us 2-weeks.

They have patched the Knights now to totally screw up the 6-minutes achievement by making them too strong. It’s not down to us to work together anymore, when the fact is it’s just not-possible!

I think Anet need to look at the “Scaling” system and rather than setting solid stats on bosses they should be completeable with any amount of players… maybe not solo (obviously) but a party of 5 SHOULD be able to do it. and the enemy should scale up and down depending on how many players are in the Event area.

What needs to adapt is the NPC not the players!

My AP's rely on others!?

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Dungeons require a group and award achievements. Achievements are not purely personal.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

My AP's rely on others!?

Posted by: Gynok.1756

Gynok.1756

The achievement system is overally a huge disappointment. All achievements share around the same amount of AP as a reward no matter if it was sm defender tier 4 or monthly salvage kit use. I’d like to see these harder and more time consuming achievements give hundreds even thousands of times the points compared to those easier ones in addition to some achievements that are really hard to get for example complete dungeon in given time or in two man party. Achievements in gw2 aren’t really ‘achievements’ they’re just boring different type of grinds which doesn’t require ones effort just grind or in most cases luck.

(edited by Gynok.1756)

My AP's rely on others!?

Taygus.4571

Not to mention, there are dailies to do with the LS.

the achieves are to fit a mix of people, accept it.
I like that some of the achieves depend on a group working together. It’s not a solo game, and it’s not a standard multiplayer game with just friends.

If it was the only way to get your 15/15 for the LS, yes, I’d be annoyed over that. But it isn’t.

Some people like, some people don’t. boohoo, thats an mmo for you.

My AP's rely on others!?

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Then don’t do those achievements. None of those achievements are required for the meta.

My AP's rely on others!?

kmdziak.1076

I’ll say it again, it’s not a matter of getting 15/15 meta because that can be done with just dailies, it’s a matter of getting all the LS achievements which is denied to us because of bugged content & because our success to get them depends on random people we have no control of.

My AP's rely on others!?

Coopziana.1802

I’ll say it again, it’s not a matter of getting 15/15 meta because that can be done with just dailies, it’s a matter of getting all the LS achievements which is denied to us because of bugged content & because our success to get them depends on random people we have no control of.

Hit the nail on the head!

My AP's rely on others!?

Posted by: Schizo.1375

Schizo.1375

Ikr? Everyone sucks but me.

My AP's rely on others!?

Posted by: Clear.8512

Clear.8512

Unless you have done every single soloable achievement in this game I don’t see why you are complaining. Group achievements promote working together as a group. Just listing the ones you can’t do alone makes it sound like it is a huge drama when you neglected to post all the achievements that are possible solo.

Missing this one achievement does not prevent you from doing anything in this game

My AP's rely on others!?

Posted by: Boneheart.3561

Boneheart.3561

I don’t think they’ll ever stop implementing these fun Achievements. Maybe you should play Skyrim.

My AP's rely on others!?

Posted by: glaphen.5230

glaphen.5230

Really tired of these torturous group achievements that rely on the entire server not being complete kittens. I got the dodge the pull achievement on my 2nd knight run and I haven’t even been hit once since then with over 15 runs. Yet every time I do it 20+ people manage to be pulled every single kittening pull even though it’s the one god kitten skill that it actually has. I explain almost every kitten time 2 different ways to dodge it and it can be done by any class with no vigor needed and yet they still get pulled over and over and over and over. Then you see so many people trying to melee it for some kitten reason even though it has a constant knockdown and can easily kill someone in less than a second with its 360 AoE melee attacks. I just wasn’t lucky enough to get the bugged achievement in any of my runs.

My AP's rely on others!?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

you CAN do the scarlett one.
All you need is to equip the first tier of the spinal back piece. (that’s cheap so gold isn’t an excuse).
(you do not need exotic or anything higher to enter the purple portal. The 1st tier of the back piece on your character, and tada, skip the holo fight entirely. )

And if you’re aiming to get all the achievements then you’ll need to equip an exotic or better Spinal Blade pack anyway.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”