My view on this patch

My view on this patch

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Amethyst Rose.4367

Amethyst Rose.4367

I was apprehensive about this release, since I love Lion’s Arch… have from the original Guild Wars. So I log in to see the depressing cinematic of the destruction of my beloved city. Then I appear in Lion’s Arch where I had logged out… being attacked and dying to poison. I am dead in less than a minute after logging in. No story… nothing just I appear in the middle of killing madness. What kind of storytelling is that?

I have had it with these updates, you are systematically destroying all the things I have loved about this game. Good work Arenanet…. time for a long break from the game.

A very disappointed….

Amethyst Rose

My view on this patch

Posted by: EthanLightheart.9168

EthanLightheart.9168

In m yopinion this is the best patch everD Finally some decent armor and a cool event also.

My view on this patch

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

I was apprehensive about this release, since I love Lion’s Arch… have from the original Guild Wars. So I log in to see the depressing cinematic of the destruction of my beloved city. Then I appear in Lion’s Arch where I had logged out… being attacked and dying to poison. I am dead in less than a minute after logging in. No story… nothing just I appear in the middle of killing madness. What kind of storytelling is that?

I have had it with these updates, you are systematically destroying all the things I have loved about this game. Good work Arenanet…. time for a long break from the game.

A very disappointed….

Amethyst Rose

How curious, that’s the same story they told to the citizens of LA.

My view on this patch

Posted by: Marquie Thomas.1873

Marquie Thomas.1873

Don’t make me sad
Don’t make me cry
Sometimes love is not enough
And the road gets tough I don’t know why

Keep making me laugh
Lets go get high
The road is long we carry on
Try to have fun in the meantime

Choose your last words
This is the last time
Because you and I
We were born to die

My view on this patch

Amethyst Rose.4367

In m yopinion this is the best patch everD Finally some decent armor and a cool event also.

So if I came into your house and destroyed everything you hold dear…. you’d say… “Wow cool event!”

Either the answer is no…. or you didn’t really care about the city.

My view on this patch

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

Smurf armor that you have to shell out gems for… decent? Far from it.

Let me know when ANet actually implements armor skins that are a part of the game rather than their gem store.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

My view on this patch

Posted by: Iplaytokill.1674

Iplaytokill.1674

So if I came into your house and destroyed everything you hold dear…. you’d say… “Wow cool event!”

Either the answer is no…. or you didn’t really care about the city.

Dumbest reason to quit a game I’ve heard in a while and I went through both Rome II and Battlefield 4 releases.

It’s part of the living story, at the point in the plot where the villain seems to be winning, followed by the climax where the hero saves the day.

My view on this patch

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

Fear not! We can still turn on our commander tags and dance naked at the Vigil Keep.

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka

My view on this patch

Marquie Thomas.1873

But in all seriousness They built it patented it so they can do whatever that want with it who cares if you hold lions arch near and dear to you nothing last forever this is good a game in where the story actually has a permanent effect on the wold and having a major city get wrecked is one of the things i hoped for in this game for a while.

My view on this patch

Amethyst Rose.4367

Dumbest reason to quit a game I’ve heard in a while and I went through both Rome II and Battlefield 4 releases.

It’s part of the living story, at the point in the plot where the villain seems to be winning, followed by the climax where the hero saves the day.

I am okay with what you just said… I am NOT okay with how they are doing it. This is horrible… You don’t just drop people into a war zone…. filled with poison gas. It should be an instance where you experience it as a story… from the beginning. This is like starting the story 30 minutes in at the climax and dying… THE END.

My view on this patch

Amethyst Rose.4367

But in all seriousness They built it patented it so they can do whatever that want with it who cares if you hold lions arch near and dear to you nothing last forever this is good a game in where the story actually has a permanent effect on the wold and having a major city get wrecked is one of the things i hoped for in this game for a while.

Who cares if I hold Lion’s Arch dear? I DO… and thus why I am not happy with this content. If they did something you didn’t want to happy you are free to voice your displeasure.

My view on this patch

Marquie Thomas.1873

With all due respect but common sense would have told you to log off in a safe place knowing what was coming we knew about the miasma all the danger and they even told us lions arch was not going to be a safe place. So why are you mad that you from the sounds of it didn’t log off in a safe place and got zerged upon logging in.Sorry for you pain not my fault you didn’t use common sence.

My view on this patch

Posted by: Adaxia.5406

Adaxia.5406

I am okay with what you just said… I am NOT okay with how they are doing it. This is horrible… You don’t just drop people into a war zone…. filled with poison gas. It should be an instance where you experience it as a story… from the beginning. This is like starting the story 30 minutes in at the climax and dying… THE END.

So what you’re saying is that you logged off in Lion’s Arch knowing that it would most likely be a warzone the next time you logged in, and are complaining because you died? I for one think this is the best living story update yet, as do most of the other players on my server.

My view on this patch

Amethyst Rose.4367

With all due respect but common sense would have told you to log off in a safe place knowing what was coming we knew about the miasma all the danger and they even told us lions arch was not going to be a safe place. So why are you mad that you from the sounds of it didn’t log off in a safe place and got zerged upon logging in.Sorry for you pain not my fault you didn’t use common sence.

They did not tell you to…. The article I read beforehand said you would be redirected to a nearby zone. It was not a lack of common sense… I actually looked the stuff up beforehand. So don’t insult me by telling me I didn’t use common sense.

My view on this patch

Marquie Thomas.1873

Who cares if I hold Lion’s Arch dear? I DO… and thus why I am not happy with this content. If they did something you didn’t want to happy you are free to voice your displeasure.

A majority of the player base didn’t like the change to the syvari armor but hell we got over it. Also pretty sure people didn’t like what happened To kessex hills also but its slowly returning to normal.

My view on this patch

Posted by: Kuro Zetsumei.1397

Kuro Zetsumei.1397

wait.. you expected that when armies clash there’d be a lovely story about how it build up? or are you talking about being whiped when you logged off in LA? both are dumb reasons to rage, no offense.

I love this update really.

My view on this patch

Amethyst Rose.4367

So what you’re saying is that you logged off in Lion’s Arch knowing that it would most likely be a warzone the next time you logged in, and are complaining because you died? I for one think this is the best living story update yet, as do most of the other players on my server.

I was told by many people who I asked… and an article I read on zam.com before the release that “people who logged off in LA before the patch will discover they had already been evacuated to one of the adjoining maps.”

So yes I am upset… and it is the single worst patch to date in my opinion.

My view on this patch

Marquie Thomas.1873

Hun think of this as lion arches cocoon state and when the death destruction and chaos is over arenanet will simply build it back and perhaps they will make it better than before. Same things happening in kessex hills right not its slowly rebuilding.

My view on this patch

Amethyst Rose.4367

wait.. you expected that when armies clash there’d be a lovely story about how it build up? or are you talking about being whiped when you logged off in LA? both are dumb reasons to rage, no offense.

I love this update really.

Please refer to my last post…. and I have to completely disagree with you on all your points.

My view on this patch

Amethyst Rose.4367

Hun think of this as lion arches cocoon state and when the death destruction and chaos is over arenanet will simply build it back and perhaps they will make it better than before. Same things happening in kessex hills right not its slowly rebuilding.

It will have to be absolutely amazing after it is rebuilt to recover from the currently rotten opinion I have of things right now.

My view on this patch

Posted by: Ouimette.5902

Ouimette.5902

They did not tell you to…. The article I read beforehand said you would be redirected to a nearby zone. It was not a lack of common sense… I actually looked the stuff up beforehand. So don’t insult me by telling me I didn’t use common sense.

Although if you have been following the living story you should have known that there is storytelling all the way to this point. So yeah we have been kind of expecting the invasion of LA. I don’t see there should be a storytelling in the midst of the whole invasion.

It’s chaos so I don’t see the point of any story. But I’ve spent enough time in Vigil Keep and running around in LA just a few moments ago to actually get alot of dialogues between NPC’s to get a good story out of this patch. Plus you got the standard mail where we get informed on what is happening.

You’re just angry cause you died instantly when you logged in. Take a chillpill and try logging in tomorrow.

My view on this patch

Posted by: Lucretia.8507

Lucretia.8507

A majority of the player base didn’t like the change to the syvari armor but hell we got over it. Also pretty sure people didn’t like what happened To kessex hills also but its slowly returning to normal.

But they reverted the changes to the sylvari armors..

Turnip ~ altaholic
[PVP] Fort Aspenwood

My view on this patch

Marquie Thomas.1873

But they reverted the changes to the sylvari armors..

Not quite they did not completely revert them they still have glowing textures but go tsome of there old detail back and now there about 10 times darker then how they use to be.

My view on this patch

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

Game Update Notes – February 18, 2014

Note: All characters that were stationed in Lion’s Arch before the attack will be relocated to an adjoining map.

It appears players who logged out in Lion’s Arch are not supposed to find themselves in a cloud of miasma when they log back in.

If more of us devoted more effort to respecting fellow players and less effort to defending game bugs and reflexive disagreement, maybe the forums would be a more pleasant place.

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka

My view on this patch

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Lion’s Arch finally getting destroyed?

Attachments:

My view on this patch

Posted by: Jeff.4680

Jeff.4680

I agree, Amethyst. It was a bit heart-breaking. Especially since there appears to be little-to-no story so far.

Personally, I could really careless about mindless killing of mobs and auto-looting. I’d much rather prefer solo instances with STORY.

Not that it really matters, being that I can’t play the zerg-based content anyways due to the fact that I’m on a university network.

From the smallest blade of grass to the largest mountain, where life goes—so, too, should you.

My view on this patch

Posted by: Rabbi Rick.3194

Rabbi Rick.3194

A very disappointed….

Amethyst Rose

Amethyst,

I’m sorry that you had this experience; however, I believe it was a bug as all characters were supposed to be redirected and a cutscene shown (unless you were under level 30). Try with a different character or find the “crier” in the camps to view the cutscene as that provides a lot of background.

Just my two coppers worth,

Rabbi Rick
Proud member of the Ring of 1000

My view on this patch

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Edit – sorry wrong post lol.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

My view on this patch

Amethyst Rose.4367

I’m sorry that you had this experience; however, I believe it was a bug as all characters were supposed to be redirected and a cutscene shown (unless you were under level 30). Try with a different character or find the “crier” in the camps to view the cutscene as that provides a lot of background.

Just my two coppers worth,

Well, must have been a persistent bug… I logged in all 8 of my characters that were in LA and none of them got redirected. (I have 10 total)

My view on this patch

Posted by: Gregori.5807

Gregori.5807

I love when Anet does things like dump you in the middle of a warzone. I have some beefs with Anet but this is not one of them.

~~On Blackgate since Beta~~
80s: Necro x2, Ranger, Warr, Guardian x2, Ele x2, Mes, Thief

My view on this patch

Amethyst Rose.4367

I agree, Amethyst. It was a bit heart-breaking. Especially since there appears to be little-to-no story so far.

Personally, I could really careless about mindless killing of mobs and auto-looting. I’d much rather prefer solo instances with STORY.

Yes exactly.. that is what I was hoping for… but Arenanet seems to be stuck in the mindset of doing stuff “open world” which in my opinion is the wrong approach to story content.

My view on this patch

Posted by: Leap.2760

Leap.2760

I don’t know I kinda of enjoyed it. I too, logged in LA and was spawned being poisoned and attacked after an epic cutscene. It really felt like chaos of a sudden onslaught attack and was fun. I wouldn’t imagine much guidance or story in the middle of an attack that the story has been leading up to personally, at least not yet.

My view on this patch

Marquie Thomas.1873

Again common sense would tell you the invasion is just the first act the majority of the lore will come in the next update and the final also its amazing how people just don’t listen to the npc around them in vigil keep and what not nit bits of lore are there in dialog just turn up your game sound and walk around and listen.