Mysteries you hope are solved

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: jweez.7214

jweez.7214

So ls season 1 is coming to an end. I hope to compile a list of all the mysteries anet has created this season to see which they have answered, which they have have not, and what has actually happened compares to the speculation. I need your help though because of memories frailty.

I will start us off:

What is Scarlet after?
What did Scarlet see that caused her madness?
What does the Pale Tree have to do with all this?
What do the Sylvari have to with all of this?
Who is Mr. E?
What’s the correlation between Scarlet and steam creatures?
Why did Tequatl get stronger?
What does Scarlet know about Caithe?

Those are the big ones. Please add to this list. I think this will be helpful to lore hounds and maybe even the devs.

Posted by: AesirValkyr.7418

AesirValkyr.7418

What did Southsun Cove have to do with anything?

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

This and much more next week. Same Scarlet time, same scarlet channel! (couldnt resist sry >_<)

Posted by: SaltyDave.7346

SaltyDave.7346

What is Scarlet after?
“Rivers” of magic that net the world below the surface, as a source of all known and unknown magic that exists in the world. She wants to harvest it to gain power, for.. (answered later)

The arrival of an Elder Dragon. As known, they can talk.

What do the Sylvari have to with all of this?
The Pale Tree is the central “router” of all the sylvari (including Scarlet). As it is known, all Sylvari has a secondary, shared consciousness called Dream. Whatever they experience in their lives, that will be known to all who lives the Dream before they are born to the world. Without the Pale Tree, this wouldn’t be possible. What Scarlet knowns, the Pale tree knows too. She did not cut the connection to the Pale Tree (or at least not before she saw that mystery horror) as she’s nature is to learn everything.

Who is Mr. E?
My guess is Evon Gnashblade, who is known as a shady information trader with connections strong enough to get what he wants. He had a bad feeling that looks like is about to come to reality, that something dangerous is coming to these lands and he wanted to prepare. The community however (including me which I still don’t regret) limited his sources by preventing him being elected as a council member of LA, which position would give him access to more political power to warn the races of Tyria
Already known, she experimented with them a lot in the past when she was a “good guy” (I think she still is, she justifies the ways she does things with the end goal). This is where her knowledge came from that allowed her to modify the Watchknights.

Why did Tequatl get stronger?
Boss battles needed an overhaul. Most of them still does, I think it’s not related to story, or (knowning that ANet can force story to things in the past for a long time) it actually found one of these magical rivers (ley lines or what) deep underwater and absorbed some little part of it.

No idea, haven’t completed the Aetherblade dungeon yet.

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

Here’s what I think the plot is:

The sylvari were supposed to be the jungle dragon’s minions. But something went wrong. Probably Ventari dying underneath the pale tree. So the syvari were born good, rather than evil. Well, most of them. I think the nightmare court is just indicative of their true nature. So, when Scarlet stepped into the box, the jungle dragon was FINALLY able to take control of her, so he did. And now he’s trying to get Scarlet to kill/corrupt the pale tree so that he can take control of all of the Sylvari (except the important ones, of course). I think Caithe knows all this, and that’s her secret.

I wish their had been a story reason for teq getting strong, just like I wish there had been a story reason for the Ruins appearing in WvW. Anet could’ve easily said that some of the magic from the dying Zaithan was sent to teq, to power him up. Yeah, yeah, spoilers. MEH.

As for what’s scarlet’s after? She wants to become a god, like Abbadon, or Kormir. Remember the Abbadon fractal we might’ve gotten? Think about it.

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Ventari dying underneath the pale tree has nothing to do with it.

We have MET a Sylvari from ANOTHER tree – and he is not evil.
The Sylvari are not dragon minions – they are immune to corruption.

Also, Scarlet definitely isn’t trying to become a God.
To become a God you have to take a God’s power – the only way we know for a mortal to do this is to kill a god – and even then Kormir was fighting Abaddon in a weakened state in a realm in which he was imprisoned.

The only other instance we have of someone ascending to the Pantheon is Grenth who overthrew Dhumm – but Grenth was a half god (son of Malchor and Dwayna) so that doesn’t really help.

@AesirValkyr Southun came about because the Deep Sea Dragon caused the Karka out of the depths and up to the surface – where they proceeded to attack Lions Arch and other ports in Tyria. If you mean specifically what it has to do with Scarlet? Remember Canach and the Fervid Censer? He was able to make the wildlife go nuts and it’s sort of implied that Scarlet used the toxins from what Canach did as the basis for the idea for her Toxic tower.

(edited by FlamingFoxx.1305)

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

what’s scarlet’s favorite color?

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

The only mystery to me is the sheer amount of bad plot GW2 players will swallow whole.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

What is Scarlet after?
Who is Mr. E?

I expect nothing less than answers for all of those. It’s the least they can do after keeping us in suspense for over a year!

Though we probably won’t even get half of those answers

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

They are immune to Zaithan’s corruption. Why? Have you seen any risen sons of svanir? And, no, WE didn’t meet another sylvari. A SMALL number of people who did the sylvari personal story have. That doesn’t mean it has anything to do with the living world. They didn’t mention the infinity ball when talking about the steam creatures, for instance.

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

I suspect that it was just to introduce Canach and Kiel, and maybe to add another lvl 80 map. Or maybe it was just to make we hate the Consortium and have nightmares with giant scorpion-crabs?

I hope I’m wrong.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

They are immune to Zaithan’s corruption. Why? Have you seen any risen sons of svanir? And, no, WE didn’t meet another sylvari. A SMALL number of people who did the sylvari personal story have. That doesn’t mean it has anything to do with the living world. They didn’t mention the infinity ball when talking about the steam creatures, for instance.

The personal story is valid in game lore – they can’t simply discount it because only some players have experienced it.

The matter of the fact is that we can say with absolute certainty that there is another Pale Tree and that it produces Sylvari and that they are not evil. It doesn’t matter if that fact has been included in the living story or not – it is canon.

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Is it OK that Southsun was a stand alone story wedged into the larger narrative? I’d like to see more stand alone stories that don’t have to have a common thread tieing them all together. I think the stories will be better that way (look at all the great lore established by Bazaar of the Four Winds).

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I suspect that it was just to introduce Canach and Kiel, and maybe to add another lvl 80 map.

With the destruction of LA, Kiel (and her election to a Captain Council member) will become irrelevant anyway.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Who is this guy?:

Attachments:

Posted by: Vagelis.9562

Vagelis.9562

Fleshreavers ….

Revive Tybalt Leftpaw, only guy obsessed with sth other than Dragons Zombies or outrunning centaurs

Posted by: sdcmgs.7348

sdcmgs.7348

This and much more next week. Same Scarlet time, same scarlet channel! (couldnt resist sry >_<)

This is by far the best response!

To the OP, you hit all the questions I hope are answered : )

Level 80, Sylvari Necromancer
Not So Epic [HAL]

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

Will we ever get to find out what those inoperative Asura gates in Coriolis Plaza are for?

Also, what will become of the many NPC’s? Did the guy ever find the water closets? Did the lady ever find the bargains she was hunting? Did that skritt listen to his friend and stay out of the sewers? What about the lone nonviolent centaur who was visiting LA? Did that other woman near Trader’s Forum ever get the guide to Nebo Terrace she was looking for? Is some Asura parent ever going to rein in that precocious kid who keeps taunting the Charr guard about his face? And what about that inquisitive Sylvari who is eagerly awaiting “the next festival”? Boy, is she in for a surprise!

What will become of all these people? Minds that need examining want to know.

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server