Not funny at all

Not funny at all

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Constantine.7812

Constantine.7812

I think that its really not funny how you could beat assault knights before and now you cant. So you let some ppl get 6 minutes achievements and then you change boss mechanics and now we barely can get it to holo. April fools right? Wait..what? No april yet? So its not a joke? Hmmmm. So my question is: do you really think its fair to let some ppl get those achievements then suddenly you change it, make it harder of course cuz thats your new style going hardcore right? I really dont like this at all. Also will we see 3 bosses from now on everywhere? 3 head wurm, now 3 knights next is 3 what? Pls dont take this as a qq post. Im just saying that its really not fair of you to change difficulty as you like, whenever you like, especially when its living story and we have limited time to get those achievements. Thats all im saying, and sorry that im kinda kittened. Its just my opinion and i had to say it out loud. I know you need very organized ppl and thats exactly my point. You are litterally searching the right server/overflow for hours, even for days to get some silly kill. I dont know how about you, but thats not fun to me. Also arenanet developers for the love of god please stop listening to those people who are saying `omg this game is sooooo easy`. Believe me you need to stop listen to them. Those are usually ones who get carried all the way. Your game is perfectly fine. No need to go hardcore at all cost. Just for the record i am top 50 europe player and im seriously starting to think its my time to leave this game only cuz you are going hardcore at all cost. Btw yes i killed the wurm and i dont think it was fun. Took me few weeks to get the right ppl and i need few weeks more now for knights and i really dont think i have them do i?

Not funny at all

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Please use the enter key and break up the text. Trying to read that feels like hitting the side of a tree on Endor.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Not funny at all

Posted by: Nightarch.2943

Nightarch.2943

For the first time I’m going to say this: the achievements are optional, you don’t have to do them. If you however desire the meta, do the daily arc tasks.

Guild Wars 2 is not a sequel to the original Guild Wars but merely an alternative story setting.

Not funny at all

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

Please use the enter key and break up the text. Trying to read that feels like hitting the side of a tree on Endor.

If that text makes you tired pls dont read it. Also nobody wants to know it. So your comment doesnt belong here.

Well actually he/she tried to be helpfull, since you are the one who posted the OP then you are the only one who can change that text to be easier to read. So if you want your post to be read by as many as possible maby you should take the advice.

Though I havent tried it since the patch but Knight should be easier now.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Not funny at all

Constantine.7812

For the first time I’m going to say this: the achievements are optional, you don’t have to do them. If you however desire the meta, do the daily arc tasks.

For twentieth time im going to say this: i want as many achievements as i can get. We all have our play styles. Everyone enjoys something in the game. Someone likes to collect minis, someone likes to collect gold, karma whatever i like to collect achievement points. And now as you can see, i was right about assault knights. Now they reduced their health by 25% and i wanna say to anet: thank you for listening.

Not funny at all

Posted by: Squee Squashington.5189

Squee Squashington.5189

If that text makes you tired pls dont read it. Also nobody wants to know it. So your comment doesnt belong here.

I found it funny and valid on the grounds of general forum/writing etiquette. If you want people to read, support or be involved in your discussion, separating walls of text can help with that.

As for your original post, I agree. Achievements for Living Story should be achievable for players of all skill levels, and from all servers.

If a zerg is a large group of people in a concentrated location working together, fighting, rezzing, sharing boons, dispelling conditions, all in order to complete and event, boss, etc.; Why is this a problem?

Logically, if player feels the need to zerg it’s because it’s the most valid and easiest strategy. Meaning they want to complete the content but need the numbers or want to complete the content without the frustration.

Some people just want to play your game.

Legendary Defender of Casuals

(edited by Squee Squashington.5189)

Not funny at all

Posted by: Nightarch.2943

Nightarch.2943

For twentieth time im going to say this: i want as many achievements as i can get. We all have our play styles. Everyone enjoys something in the game. Someone likes to collect minis, someone likes to collect gold, karma whatever i like to collect achievement points. And now as you can see, i was right about assault knights. Now they reduced their health by 25% and i wanna say to anet: thank you for listening.

Your comment just proved my point entirely.

Guild Wars 2 is not a sequel to the original Guild Wars but merely an alternative story setting.

Not funny at all

Constantine.7812

Your comment just proved my point entirely.

your second comment is as useless as the first one.

Not funny at all

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Actually, the latest patch made the Knights fights a lot easier. What Anet did was eliminate the zerginess of the original design. I commend them for making a fight that requires at least some semblance of coordination. They then had to rebalance the fights, which has been done.

And just to add to the above grammatical analysis, yea wall of text = hard to read. You wanna start a discussion, format your post so that it’s readable.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Not funny at all

Posted by: Blanger.3162

Blanger.3162

I’ve been playing the content for a week now, got 3 achievements the first day, got a few the next couple days later, finally hit the 15 on Saturday, of course I didn’t get the “In Tune” or the ‘Six Min" achievements, I’ve been in overflow every day and have had good and bad groups but have managed to do the knights and hologram successfully 4 times in the last week.

I’ve probably ran the knight event 40 times in the last 7 days, after the patches it’s been unsuccessful almost every time but even if we have managed to get past the knights we fail on the hologram… I can remember 1 time after I got the 15 achievements that we have cleared both knights and hologram.

Funny thing is I got the spider just yesterday while hunting heirlooms and noticed a group getting ready to do the event, I waited with them till their group filled out and in just a few minuets we were finished, it was really easy with a group of people who understood to break the cocoons and keep the spider away from them.

I’m not sure if thats fair, I like to hit the content as soon as it’s released and I know the first few days it was easier to kill the knights, but apparently it wasn’t working as Anet intended so they patched it, yeah I got a few achievements in that time frame but got the bulk after, given the type of content they are releasing I’m not sure there is a way to keep from having this issue, of course scaling is a whole different matter and should have been fixed before the content was released.