Over dramatic about LA.

Over dramatic about LA.

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

It seems like a lot of you guys are being a little over dramatic or excited about LA being destroyed. While that is a nice sentiment, I feel like as usual, a lot of people here are setting themselves up for disappointment, just like it usually happens with the unknown. This is usually the source for player generated hype and inevitably players will instead blame the developers.

So it is great that you are excited, but also acknowledge that you it might turn out not as grand and spectacular as some of you might think it will. Don’t set expectations too high. Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

Over dramatic about LA.

Posted by: Syrpharon.7491

Syrpharon.7491

Well, expectations here are already dead since there wasn’t a Cantha expansion, a Cantha city, a Cantha something, Tengu’s not playable, Dominion of the Winds still locked, Cristal Desert still inexistent, Scarlet as the main figure of the LS, Scarlet that goes everywhere and does everything, poor and very bad writers, not enough skills, not level cap, not vertical progression because NGHHH, Dervish and Ritualist are no more, no scythes, no precursors dropping, gems-gold ratio too high, bad and poor pvp, zerker and stacking is gameplay, no room for rangers, nerf war and guard and necro, 15 min for world bosses is not enough, events can fail sigh sob, crafting materials are too expensive and drop too rarely…

Now they cry over LA like it’s some kind of sanctuary or what…
Well, I may have liked the all ships and pirate theme, but it’s time to burn it down for good.
kitten, it’s just a city. And the only thing important there is the entrance to the Dominion of the Winds.

Over dramatic about LA.

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

It seems like a lot of you guys are being a little over dramatic or excited about LA being destroyed. While that is a nice sentiment, I feel like as usual, a lot of people here are setting themselves up for disappointment, just like it usually happens with the unknown. This is usually the source for player generated hype and inevitably players will instead blame the developers.

So it is great that you are excited, but also acknowledge that you it might turn out not as grand and spectacular as some of you might think it will. Don’t set expectations too high. Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed.

This post seems rather presumptuous. That may be your life’s philosophy, but there are many other schools of thoughts here. Why should you presume to tell others what their outlook should be in this specific case or life in general. I won’t bother giving my philosophy as it is irrelevant to others. Optimism, Pessimism, or neutrality, to each their own and to each their own value to people.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Over dramatic about LA.

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

It cant be any worse than the part in GW1 when you start in Ascalon and go through the main part of the story to find that most beautiful place destroyed and nothing more than a wasteland.
I was seriously kinda kittened off that my beautiful Ascalon was gone then

Over dramatic about LA.

Posted by: wookiee.4631

wookiee.4631

What do you expect, OP? I’ve heard everything from connecting LA to Tengu to Cantha (the obsession never dies, does it?). I’ve heard people wondering what will be the “new” hub, and it’s been everything from Fort Trinity to Vigil Keep, and even Ascalon Settlement; even Orr. I’ve heard people talk about LA like it’s going to spontaneously disappear. I’ve even seen people compare LA’s invasion to the searing.

I think the new hub, will be Lion’s Arch. It’ll look different, have different ambient dialogue and such, maybe even have events or something, but that’ll be it once this season is over. People can fantasize all they want, but the wishful thinking is kind of incredible. It’s like nothing is without possibility.

Guild: Northern Wolf Clan [WOLF]

Over dramatic about LA.

Posted by: Mega Messiah.1734

Mega Messiah.1734

This post seems rather presumptuous. That may be your life’s philosophy, but there are many other schools of thoughts here. Why should you presume to tell others what their outlook should be in this specific case or life in general. I won’t bother giving my philosophy as it is irrelevant to others. Optimism, Pessimism, or neutrality, to each their own and to each their own value to people.

Him telling people not to assume wild theories after LA’s destruction is perfectly reasonable.

There are legitimately people expecting Tengu to be released after Escape From LA as they come to the city’s rescue. Other people are whimsical of the idea that we’ll go to Cantha thanks to some unrelated plot convenience!

It’s okay to be excited. It’s not okay to over analyze and include details to the story or the patch that haven’t even been referenced.

“73 + 22 = 100!” – Nexus

Over dramatic about LA.

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

Him telling people not to assume wild theories after LA’s destruction is perfectly reasonable.

There are legitimately people expecting Tengu to be released after Escape From LA as they come to the city’s rescue. Other people are whimsical of the idea that we’ll go to Cantha thanks to some unrelated plot convenience!

It’s okay to be excited. It’s not okay to over analyze and include details to the story or the patch that haven’t even been referenced.

Why is it not okay? A lot of people enjoy speculation, even wild speculation. Why is such activity “not okay?” Now if a person cannot handle being wrong and then takes it out on others because the reality didn’t meet their expectation, I see a problem there. That said, people who do that are the vocal minority and certainly not everybody (or even most). I play a game for enjoyment. If I also get enjoyment in wild speculation and don’t blame others or become abusive if I’m wrong, why is it not okay to be so speculative?

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Over dramatic about LA.

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

i am actually quite exited, love to see the cries about how horrible it actually is and the fanboy defense about how much fun it is if……
then again, i lost interest on saying “i told yah”, happens way to often….

Over dramatic about LA.

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I am excited and I think it will be epic- sorry to burst your bubble.

But then again I have a huge amount of fun playing so far, why would I be disappointed now?

Gunnar’s Hold

Over dramatic about LA.

Posted by: Elricht Kaltwind.8796

Elricht Kaltwind.8796

It’s true, if L.A is not reduced to rubble I will be disappointed. But then, I’m disappointed every time I log on to see it’s still there.

(edited by Elricht Kaltwind.8796)

Over dramatic about LA.

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

It might be overhyped, that’s true. But it’s been a long time since I’ve seen the forums buzzing with speculation regarding the living story again. It seems the end of this ‘Scarlet era’ is igniting speculation and leaving the future of Tyria again.

That’s a good sign for the community.

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

Over dramatic about LA.

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

All I know is that I would have rather the entire 1st year have been about adding customization, housing, guild halls, mounts (or some other major collectable/customizable personal progression) customizable skills, new races, expanding Dynamic Events, how they work, how the branch, adding dynamic enemy AI troop movements point captures across all maps, new dungeons, new earn-able armor sets….

…rather than this idiotic story about Scarlet. The story sucks & it permanently ruins what was once cool about the lore of GW. it is now permanently broken unless they retcon it. Which is ironic because that is how they started breaking it in the first place, but they don’t want to retcon things now that they have added a storyline that is worthy of retconning.

Over dramatic about LA.

Posted by: vectorfox.6894

vectorfox.6894

The patch will be something like a few mini story instances, destroyed LA, everything over to vigil keep, another world event in LA with cool cutscenes, new items in gem store and something that leads us into the last patch (maybe connecting to the success of the world event).

Not saying this is bad but just wanted a stab at what might be coming.

Over dramatic about LA.

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

All I know is that I would have rather the entire 1st year have been about adding customization, housing, guild halls, mounts (or some other major collectable/customizable personal progression) customizable skills, new races, expanding Dynamic Events, how they work, how the branch, adding dynamic enemy AI troop movements point captures across all maps, new dungeons, new earn-able armor sets….

…rather than this idiotic story about Scarlet. The story sucks & it permanently ruins what was once cool about the lore of GW. it is now permanently broken unless they retcon it. Which is ironic because that is how they started breaking it in the first place, but they don’t want to retcon things now that they have added a storyline that is worthy of retconning.

I agree. Hopefully anet gets on a better development track soon.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.