Please Explain

Please Explain

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Shadow Blade.1324

Shadow Blade.1324

how you siege a location that has portals to five other major cities, an island and can summon defenders and supplies from anywhere in the world through the mists?

or are you going to turn off Spvp and WvW for two weeks?

personally not looking forward to waves of invisible enemies with aoe control effects and terrible lag/constant disconnects again, but hey at least it will rain precursors like candy for those able to do the event.

i wish the devs had a consistent vision and didn’t push out content they know is flawed

Please Explain

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

how you siege a location that has portals to five other major cities, an island and can summon defenders and supplies from anywhere in the world through the mists?

personally not looking forward to waves of invisible enemies with aoe control effects and terrible lag/constant disconnects again, but hey at least it will rain precursors like candy for those able to do the event.

Uh lets see. Scarlet already knows how portal tech works. Shut off the portals. An island? Scarlet has airships. And as we can see in the current living story inside the edge of the mists there is an Aeathblade presence there.

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

Please Explain

Posted by: Harvest.2506

Harvest.2506

Scarlet Has an Army with the Molten Alliance that can transverse above and below the surface of Tyria, A Navy that does the same with water, and an Air force that can also travel through dimensions into the mist.

Please Explain

Posted by: Shirogatsu.3150

Shirogatsu.3150

Seems like sylvari are the best generals in this game so far. Look at Traherne with his war against Zhaitan – exhaust enemy, find weak spots and etc.
And Scarlet versus LA:
Intelligence – Mai Trin
Underground – Dredges
Ground – Flame legion, Watchknights
Navy – Kraits
Air – Aetherblades
Weapons of mass destruction: The Marionette, Toxin

(edited by Shirogatsu.3150)

Please Explain

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

do sPvP and WvW players care about PvE? I didn’t think they did., at least so they keep telling us! :p

We should hope that lessons learned from previous Living Story patches will be clearly visible. It’s not worth worrying about until the patch hits. I hope it’s been well planned and implemented by now.

(edited by Sarie.1630)

Please Explain

Posted by: Shadow Blade.1324

Shadow Blade.1324

Shut off the portals.

this is why im asking if they are turning off spvp and WvW, because you have an infinite number of defenders entering from the mists/other cities bringing supplies, a siege isnt realistic as you cannot trap people in the city and deny them resources (the point of a siege)

do sPvP and WvW players care about PvE? I didn’t think they did., at least so they keep telling us! :p

its never a good idea to generalize people. there will always be groups that don’t fit the assumptions

We should hope that lessons learned from previous Living Story patches will be clearly visible. It’s not worth worrying about until the patch hits. I hope it’s been well planned and implemented by now.

thing is we have lag now, before the patch has even hit, and from what I’ve seen they haven’t learned much from previous story patches or even other games, unless of course they are just choosing to make the same mistakes over and over again.

i wish the devs had a consistent vision and didn’t push out content they know is flawed

Please Explain

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

Portals?

Who needs portals? I have Way Points.

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

Please Explain

Posted by: synk.6907

synk.6907

Portals?

Who needs portals? I have Way Points.

Not when they are contested.

On that note, Scarlet is getting all of her troops inside LA so that they can complete the dynamic events around the city’s waypoints and make them friendly again.

Please Explain

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

Please learn the differences between Lore and game mechanics.
Lore-wise every portal is probably going to be shut down, but it won’t cut players’ access to the mists.

Please Explain

Posted by: Nenthil.4312

Nenthil.4312

this is why im asking if they are turning off spvp and WvW, because you have an infinite number of defenders entering from the mists/other cities bringing supplies, a siege isnt realistic as you cannot trap people in the city and deny them resources (the point of a siege)

1st: I wouldn’t call it siege. LA is a port city without any defensive structures (except that fort/prison with dungeon vendors), no military force and even no info on attack that will happen. You can’t really besiege that kind of city. It will be just an attack (easy one may I add)

2nd: Remember that council doesn’t believe that Scarlet will attack them. That gives her a wonderful opportunity of surprised attack. If she’s smart she will destroy asura gates first (she can even use airship to do that) to prevent reinforcement. You have to consider also that despite it would be fairly easy to go through gate, it would take some time to spread the news of attack among brave souls (players) that are occupied and spread across them map.
Another thing is, from strategical point of view, going through a gate without knowledge of what is waiting on the other side, is foolishness. Since asura gates are limited (by their width) in number of ppl they can transport (yes I know it doesn’t work that way in game). So on the other side there can be whole division that will slaughter anything that will appear.

Please Explain

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Im here to tell you as a spvp and wvw player that i dont care about PVE in its current mindless zerg 2 win form. Only pve i do is dungeons and it still isnt that great.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

Please Explain

Posted by: Redball.7236

Redball.7236

There isn’t an endless supply of warriors from the mist.
In lore presumably the only people that can leave the mists are the ones who entered themselves (such as players through the LA portals).

From the wiki “The Mists is the oldest thing in existence, constituting the fabric of time and space that connects the multiverse together. The Mists is the proto-reality that exists between the worlds which in turn are the building blocks of reality. The Mists resonate from the worlds around them, forming bits of their own reality – islands of existence that reflect the histories of their worlds.”

The mists are also supposedly the place that all races go to after they die. Except in exceptional circumstances, there is no way for them to return.

From this you can almost get the idea that each of our “servers” in-game are their own world, and so we meet up and fight each other within the mists to defend our world.

In lore, there isn’t an infinite number of allies that could come from the mists, nor could you enter at one place and leave at another, as the only entrance/exit in lore is in LA.

Cassius Snowstorm – Engineer
Tycho Snowpaw – Guardian
Gandara – [WvW]

Please Explain

Posted by: Kyrion.2749

Kyrion.2749

First megalaser falls on the WvsW gates. Reinforcements cut.

Second Megalaser falls on the Stargates plaza… Not really neccesary since all major racial cities are empty, thus, no reinforcements will come from them. But just to be sure.

Third magalaser falls on the bank, and everyone loses bank-stored items and resources. Now, this would be remembered forever in the history of MMOs…

Please Explain

Posted by: Shinzan.2908

Shinzan.2908

…but hey at least it will rain precursors like candy for those able to do the event.

One can only hope. I still need mine!

Please Explain

Posted by: Exosferatu.2961

Exosferatu.2961

“All essential services that are unique to Lion’s Arch will be redirected to Vigil Keep for the time being, including Asura gates to other cities, and Fractals of the Mists.” – Massively,

Structured Player vs Player and World vs World can be accessed by clicking their icons on top left corner of the user interface.

Please Explain

Posted by: Zanthrax.6538

Zanthrax.6538

“All essential services that are unique to Lion’s Arch will be redirected to Vigil Keep for the time being, including Asura gates to other cities, and Fractals of the Mists.” – Massively,

Structured Player vs Player and World vs World can be accessed by clicking their icons on top left corner of the user interface.

What this guy said…also makes sense, logically people will flee LA through gendarren fields and seek shelter at vigil keep, makes sense to me.

Please Explain

Posted by: xxgrimxx.3510

xxgrimxx.3510

I hoped that they would at leased give a reason to go to the other cites instead of la 2.0 in the middle of a lv 25-35 zone really anet?

LS makes me want scream!

Please Explain

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Scarlet is actually going to employ goa’uld tactics and dial all the gates so no one can go anywhere.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Please Explain

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Lorewise it’s simple, first send aetherblade bombers from the unstable EotM portal where May Trin escaped (they already have a foothold there) to destroy the portals to the mysts, while at the same time use the airships (which can be portaled form anywhere) or the big cannon thing above the marionette (or even the marionette itself) to destroy the portals to other cities, the kraitt and aetherblade to prevent anyone from getting in or out by sea (it was done by krytan ships on the seas of sorrows novel), while the ground troops (molten, nightmare court, watchworks) cover the ground entrances.

Gameplay wise, WvW and sPvP still go as usual, the portals (as they already said) on LA will be relocated to the vigil keep in gendarran fields, at least temporarely (and I don’t really know anyone that goes to WvW by portals instead of just selecting it on the WvW window), it’s just a matter of also relocating the exit points of sPvP and WvW there.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Please Explain

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Scarlet is actually going to employ goa’uld tactics and dial all the gates so no one can go anywhere.

rolls on the floor laughing

Oh dear gods, I got that reference! Gonna have to go home and pop those dvds in now.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Please Explain

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

People say they want to see the world actually be affected by events, ArenaNet gives it to them and then complaints ensue. High comedy. I am stoked that we will have to go to different parts of the world and if you think about it logically, it also means that we are getting a new hub city soon; be it the new LA or a new place altogether (what I am hoping for personally). I have no complaints. This was the type of stuff that drew me to the game originally.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Please Explain

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

rolls on the floor laughing

Oh dear gods, I got that reference! Gonna have to go home and pop those dvds in now.

:) <3 Glad someone did. I’m not the only nerd here.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.