Polished Content?

Polished Content?

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Heraldusluminare.2946

Heraldusluminare.2946

Tobias and Lopez point out some very good views of the situation, and I totally agree that ANet has been pumping out content below customer’s expectations.

But I’ll give ANET some credit for quickly picking up on players’ rants. The reason why I haven’t really seen those game-breaking bugs is a testament to ANet’s effort to make things right again.

Note that I’m not trying to gloss over the naive (read: critical) mistakes that have been popping up, I’m just hoping to remind readers that ANet is also made up of a bunch of humans trying their best to get things solved as quickly as possible.

I think the biggest problem is ANet’s over ambitious goal of having to churn out new content every two weeks. While it’s a laudable concept, the fact that it creates a lot of player dissent when done wrongly is something they should probably reconsider.

Polished Content?

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

Here is the thing: Nobody asked for the living story and nobody asked for PvE zerg content.

ANet brought this upon itself and risked a lot here.

Now with the community disappointed about the recent patches, talk of server merges due to lack of numbers to complete the events, doubts in the quality of your work due to 4 patches in 2 days and still bugged evets, etc, how this will end?

How can you win our hearts back ANet?

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

(edited by Zylonite.5913)

Polished Content?

Heraldusluminare.2946

^ Agreed.

Don’t worry ANet, we’ll still love you even if you give us slower-released Living Story updates. Just make sure they’re better thought out than they currently are!

Polished Content?

Posted by: Leablo.2651

Leablo.2651

To be perfectly realistic, polished code has never been one of Anet’s strengths. Even with old Anet and GW1, bugs were a constant. The difference though is in the ratio of bugs to quality content. When Anet had a full year or more to release expansions, they still had a ton of bugs but there was also a ton of great content. Putting up with the bugs was worth it to play the game. That’s not the case with the living story. They continue to release unpolished code while the game itself is not rewarding nor particularly fun to play. So what happens is that you spend an hour battling boring billion-HP bosses with your zerg in fights that are full of bugs and you don’t even get the rewards or achievements you should have earned.

In short, in GW1 we had the bugs, and we had the entirety of Cantha to explore. In GW2, we have the bugs, and we have…??

Right, guess I’ll wait for another patch on Monday, hopefully.

Polished Content?

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

They are making so many event each month we cant expect them all to be bug free on release,just keep up the good work Anet cant wait for that dragon in the end of scarlet instance

Polished Content?

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

Now with the community disappointed about the recent patches, talk of server merges due to lack of numbers to complete the events, doubts in the quality of your work due to 4 patches in 2 days and still bugged evets, etc, how this will end?

4 patches in 2 days means they are responding swiftly to bugs as they appear, instead of letting them sit there for a while.

As I said, there are ALWAYS some bugs that never appear until you release the product to the masses, those are the bugs that appear. IIRC, I heard the very first go through (or the first few) worked 100% fine, and then everybody swarmed online and things got buggy. That tells me it was a sheer volume thing, and not something that could’ve popped up in their private playtests.

And once those bugs appeared, they squashed them, SWIFTLY.

edit: Also, in order to fix the bug they must replicate it. IE, a story about something shaking on an airplane, and when the techs went to fix it they couldn’t. Why? Because they couldn’t produce the conditions that caused the shaking on the ground, and thus didn’t know WHAT needed tweaked.

Polished Content?

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Still not seeing anyone who thinks this ISNT the buggiest set of releases yet.

The original Southsun encounter and the lead-up to it (from Nov ‘12) is on par with it. But for me that was worse because there was no communication, no hot-fixes, bugged content throughout and Anet dev’s on Thanksgiving holiday gobbling down turkey.

The fact that it was also their only one-time event and I couldn’t make it to the finale also stung hard. Never forget.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Polished Content?

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

4 patches in 2 days means they are responding swiftly to bugs as they appear, instead of letting them sit there for a while.

Well the patches was to nerf the loot and buff the knights. The other bugs are still not fixed.

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

Polished Content?

Kalavier.1097

Still not seeing anyone who thinks this ISNT the buggiest set of releases yet.

I don’t think it’s the buggiest release yet.

Well the patches was to nerf the loot and buff the knights. The other bugs are still not fixed.

Patch 1: Fixed the attunement bug
Patch 2: Fixed the hologram split bug
IIRC, Patch 3 was to make it so people could actually consistantly get loot for successes.

Polished Content?

Posted by: Fenrina.2954

Fenrina.2954

IIRC, Patch 3 was to make it so people could actually consistantly get loot for successes.

Nope. That was the one that apparently turned off loot.

Patch 4 reworked Knight mechanics (increasing knight’s defense in the process), and tried to fix loot success, but failed to really solve it. And patch 5 finally fixed loot, but added additional issues.

Edit: Anet said they were taking time to polish the final updates, correct? If that’s true, it does not show with this update.

(edited by Fenrina.2954)

Polished Content?

Kalavier.1097

Patch 4 reworked Knight mechanics (increasing knight’s defense in the process), and tried to fix loot success, but failed to really solve it. And patch 5 finally fixed loot, but added additional issues.

Edit: Anet said they were taking time to polish the final updates, correct? If that’s true, it does not show with this update.

For all the saying of “removed loot” I just got an assault core and 6 champ boxes from a FAILED knight event. IE, I was at green, green failed. I got those boxes. I got 6 boxes from a failed blue knight event.

I don’t see anything about “nerfed” loot.

Polished Content?

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

For all the saying of “removed loot” I just got an assault core and 6 champ boxes from a FAILED knight event. IE, I was at green, green failed. I got those boxes. I got 6 boxes from a failed blue knight event.

In either patch 3 or 4, they removed all loot from knights. The patch that “fixed” it was a patch that SAID that anyone who participated got loot, when in reality only those who defeated their knight got loot. The last patch is the only one where everyone got loot.

So you are simply missing a timeframe where loot was removed.

Eidt: Poof Ninja Vanish!

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

(edited by Kumu Honua.2751)

Polished Content?

Fenrina.2954

“Just got?” As in, today? I said patch 5 fixed that problem. It isn’t an issue anymore.

And yes, technically the loot was nerfed as it went from each knight being lootable, if glitchy, to only getting loot for the event as a whole. In other words, 6*3 to 6*1 per hour. I personally don’t care, and I’m glad it’s finally sorted. But that’s what happened.

Edit: This forum has ninjas.

Polished Content?

Posted by: Darkoray.4570

Darkoray.4570

This is a double edge sword really. Anet holds the update another week and people complain because its late. They release it they complain its buggy.

Everyday I come on these forums and everyday another post whining about the game. When did this community turn into a group of crying school girls?

I think Anet are doing a great job. They have brought us a f2p AAA title. People go on about “shiny new titles coming out this year” well cya later. See you in a couple of month when you realise its not so shiny after all.

Keep up the good work Anet

Polished Content?

Posted by: Siobhan.5273

Siobhan.5273

They are making so many event each month we cant expect them all to be bug free on release,just keep up the good work Anet…

This is part of the issue. Quantity over quality.

We’re all in agreement, bugs occur in every game, in every patch/content release, but no one put such LS time constraints on Anet but Anet. When are we as customers supposed to say enough? I don’t watch my dog scarf down her food repeatedly, lest she get bloat and that’d be bad, real bad. I step in.. I do something. Slow her down. Because I care.

Please, Anet, slow down. This is a good game, but the bugs are getting ridiculous. I’m sure many agree. I’d rather content take longer to be released than continue on this road, because if this continues, I know I don’t want to be frustrated with every patch or have to avoid new content for 8 hotfixes, then why would I bother staying at all?

No news since October 28th 2014. Question asked straight up! 473 times. 647 days and thread locked..

Polished Content?

Posted by: Siobhan.5273

Siobhan.5273

I think Anet are doing a great job. They have brought us a f2p AAA title. People go on about “shiny new titles coming out this year” well cya later. See you in a couple of month when you realise its not so shiny after all.

I don’t care about what’s coming out this year, but I know I have put money into this game, aside from the initial purchase, on a monthly basis. More than I’d put into a subscription based game. My understanding is, as others have pointed out, that gem sales supports the game. Even if I never bought a thing off the gem store, I’m still a customer, and “F2P” doesn’t mean “Fun 2 Punish” with buggy content.

No news since October 28th 2014. Question asked straight up! 473 times. 647 days and thread locked..

Polished Content?

Posted by: Jinroh.4251

Jinroh.4251

Worst patch so far. I’m sorry I tried to give it a chance but the bugs are too much. The Knights were fined until they stopped giving loot, then you forced us to play your way. So we did but it hurt a lot of other servers and not to mention the overflows where there is NOT enough people. Lets not forget the disconnect issues some people get where they miss out on Scarlet because you decide to stick them in an overflow that failed.

Polished Content?

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

Thay have remade a whole map, added tons of events for all sorts of game-play (champ-farmers, World-boss-farmers, the strategics, the casual event doers, the searcher and collector, tons of rewards – where many are really good….) This one is in fact wery well thought about and there is something for everyone!

This patch is in fact very good!!

Yes I have got ERRORS (even plenty)… there are bugs… but it Always is in new patches… and they have fixed them!

Think of it again and plz don’t come and say it’s not polished and worked on.

Keep up the good work A-net!!!

Kima & Co

Polished Content?

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

Thay have remade a whole map, added tons of events for all sorts of game-play (champ-farmers, World-boss-farmers, the strategics, the casual event doers, the searcher and collector, tons of rewards – where many are really good….) This one is in fact wery well thought about and there is something for everyone!

Yes I have got ERRORS (even plenty)… there are bugs… but it Always is in new patches… and they have fixed them!

Think of it again and plz don’t come and say it’s not polished and worked on.

Keep up the good work A-net!!!

Sorry, we have thought about it, it’s not polished. It was not thought out or so many of the glaring errors/issues would never have been added. The patch was a dismal failure.

Polished Content?

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

I agree that as a big finale to the Season 1 of the living story this update feels unpolished and lackluster in many ways. Bugs are one thing, but the payoff hasn’t felt satisfactory either.

And yes I’m again comparing to GW1. When you beat a campaign, it was an epic moment. Big bad boss fight was memorable (Scarlet fight didn’t feel very epic at any point), and afterwards you got to celebrate, pick up a unique skinned weapon and craft unique armor. You felt like a hero. Now you just watch a cutscene (which was good, granted) and then … nothing. Loot bag with less than satisfactory loot for a year’s worth of Living story. Same bugged fights, if you still want to do them. Not much questions answered.

Yes, I know there’s an epilogue coming up. But judging from what we’ve heard, there’s no grand rewards coming up and it’s more dialogue than a proper send-off. But we’ll see.

Polished Content?

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

The patch your talking about Frostfang was Escape from LA, which was awesome a 9/10 patch.

The patch we are talking about is Battle for LA which was bad, very bad, 3/10 patch at the best and very disappointing after 16 months of Living Story to end on this bug ridden sour note with no rewards at of any worth, except for the helmet skin and a new title.

Polished Content?

Posted by: Cayenne.5341

Cayenne.5341

Wow, talk about a thread filled with massive entitled whiners. You guys have no idea how hard it is to program a game, let alone an MMO.

So basically you are saying the programming of MMOs is too hard for the developers of this game?

Polished Content?

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

Why they decided on living world in the first place is beyond me.

Polished Content?

Posted by: Gatvin.6510

Gatvin.6510

The patch your talking about Frostfang was Escape from LA, which was awesome a 9/10 patch.

The patch we are talking about is Battle for LA which was bad, very bad, 3/10 patch at the best and very disappointing after 16 months of Living Story to end on this bug ridden sour note with no rewards at of any worth, except for the helmet skin and a new title.

Unfortunately its the end of things that people remember. Fortunately, they can still revert it to Zerg Knights. Extending the event after fixing Knights wouldn’t hurt either. Its the end of things that people remember.

Polished Content?

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

Meglobob… I do know what patch I’m talking abou,t it is (Believe or not) both of the two last patches wich includes “Battle for LA”!

Just because u Think one thing doesnt mean everyone think the same way u do…. Some might like it (as me) and some dont.

Kima & Co

Polished Content?

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

Meglobob… I do know what patch I’m talking abou,t it is (Believe or not) both of the two last patches wich includes “Battle for LA”!

Just because u Think one thing doesnt mean everyone think the same way u do…. Some might like it (as me) and some dont.

Look, people who actually like the game for the potential it had simply fear, that the people that like this kind of content we get right now might not be enough to keep the population on a healthy level.

I am happy you like it. But the general consensus seems to be fairly different from your experience.

Polished Content?

Posted by: VitisVinifera.2834

VitisVinifera.2834

yeah this is bordering on unacceptable lack of quality. When known bugs persist half way through the 2 week period of temporary content, there are deep issues with how the entire living world content idea is conceived.

It looks like ANet is in above their heads and need to focus on higher quality content even if that means less frequent content. I hope during this break they come to terms with the fact that quality has been on a steady decline as these living world updates have progressed.

Polished Content?

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

End of the LS story arch…the most important and most memorable of ANet’s 1 year long work, after telling us they will take a longer break just to get everything as it should…we receive probably the most bugged and frustrating update this game has see in LS story (talking from the perspective of someone who doesn’t do the event just once and is happy about it). If i am wrong please recall an update they ever did that has been as bugged or infuriating as this one.

Such a poetic ending… a movie couldn’t have done it better. They centennially made it memorable.

Polished Content?

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

The Living Story in general has been hit or miss. There were some parts that I really enjoyed and some that I thought were poorly thought-out. One that I skipped entirely because I fell every time I tried to teleport, and the Tower Nightmare instances were so painful that my guild did each one once and never wanted to do them again. Escape from LA was fun, Battle for LA is just painful. And sadly I don’t think I’m going to finish the overall achievement because I can’t possibly finish the individual achievements and I wasn’t able to do enough dailies.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Polished Content?

Kaiyanwan.8521

Ah c’mon. I’ll just log into the game and see how ANet fixed the event over the last few days.

They had enough time. Time to get positively surprised.

/afk playing GW2

Polished Content?

Posted by: SirMoogie.9263

SirMoogie.9263

It looks like ANet is in above their heads and need to focus on higher quality content even if that means less frequent content. I hope during this break they come to terms with the fact that quality has been on a steady decline as these living world updates have progressed.

I don’t think it is so simple. Quality in some areas has taken a hit recently and quality in other areas is improving. Story presentation and variety in open world encounters has improved. The Battle for Lion’s Arch and Escape from Lion’s Arch both added some varied content that I think was better than Queen’s Jubilee and Secret of Southsun because it provided multiple objectives and split the zerg up a bit. I also liked the Tower of Nightmares patch, it was an interesting take on an open world dungeon and I’d like to see more like it in the future.

The progress halting bugs as of late though are indicative of QA issues Every patch has bugs, but some of these are particularly pernicious. Changing the encounter mid-week was a poor decision as well as it trained people on the “wrong” way of doing the event and just made it a chaotic situation to recover from. I do like the new Assault Knights, but think they can be too punitive for smaller servers or overflows. They don’t require fifty per knight, but they also don’t scale down enough so that ten people can do one of them.

By making content that isn’t rewarding, even for attempts at it, and that requires a full nearly full map of players (like the wurms and the knights) they are ensuring it goes unused by the vast majority of the player base as they will return to the guaranteed rewards that come from easier world bosses or champion farm chains. I do enjoy that they are making challenging encounters that make us think and learn new skills, but I just can’t seem to find the numbers at the encounters to get them done. The Wurms and Tequatl are never done successfully on my server, despite some players showing up and wanting to learn them. It would be nice if these encounters scaled down to more manageable numbers (like thirty players) or scaled in difficulty based on server success (meaning failing an encounter means it becomes easier the next time around, succeeding means it becomes harder). Obviously, scale the rewards for easier versions of the fights.

Polished Content?

Posted by: Buford.2954

Buford.2954

I loved the last patch. Escape from LA was awesome and a lot of fun. I spent probably 90% of my time in GW those two weeks in LA.

Battle for LA? I got all the achieves I felt were worth spending the time on the first three days, and at this point I spend maybe 30 minutes a day in LA doing heirloom runs because I just don’t really care about the knight fights anymore. Even if it has been mostly fixed, those three days of fights and getting absolutely jack for the effort soured me on even caring about this patch. I’ll actually be glad when it’s over.

Polished Content?

Posted by: Leablo.2651

Leablo.2651

This is a double edge sword really. Anet holds the update another week and people complain because its late.

Except that you completely made that up. Nobody asked Anet to move to a 2-week cycle, and it’s been a source of skepticism and criticism ever since they announced it.

Sure, preferences come in all flavors but the people who advocate for 2-week cycles are a tiny minority. Even if you wanted content at that pace, it’s become pretty clear that Anet cannot deliver on it, so even among those people there are detractors because the pacing is clearly affecting the quality of the releases.

But that’s beside the point, since Anet wasn’t driven one way or the other by player preferences. The 2-week cycle is there because some pointy headed boss saw that this maximizes marketing opportunities and decreed that it be so. Whether people complain or not is secondary to whether people will buy crap or not, and they do. In short, your loot is bugged and your achievements are broken so that some whale can have his limited time gem store skin.

Polished Content?

Kaiyanwan.8521

Ah c’mon. I’ll just log into the game and see how ANet fixed the event over the last few days.

They had enough time. Time to get positively surprised.

/afk playing GW2

Game crashed in the hologram fight. Nice. Well done.

Edit: Actually right now deinstalling the game.

(edited by Kaiyanwan.8521)

Polished Content?

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

They are making so many event each month we cant expect them all to be bug free on release,just keep up the good work Anet cant wait for that dragon in the end of scarlet instance

Only incredibly low standards or exceptional fanaticism would lead a person to praise someone for doing such a poor job as ArenaNet has done with the Living Story.

Polished Content?

Posted by: Kupper.8074

Kupper.8074

I can’t find who posted it, so I apologize in advance and want to give credit to whomever said it. But someone mentioned that there were 4 teams working on LS that rotate every 2 releases. I wonder if we just got stuck with the “runt” of the 4 teams for the last release. I’m just so surprised how the last 2 LS releases could be so vastly different with how polished they are.

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight
Berserker = Skilled http://i.imgur.com/g1rkIub.jpg
Never forget – http://i.imgur.com/Oxra9sj.jpg

Polished Content?

Fenrina.2954

This patch seems less and less polished by the minute. I just got “Seen better days” daily achievement from killing cannoneer. Said daily is for viewing a vista.

What.

(For the record, a guildy said she got it the correct way too.)

Polished Content?

Heraldusluminare.2946

Doesn’t matter, just got an Achievement. :P

Polished Content?

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

I can’t find who posted it, so I apologize in advance and want to give credit to whomever said it. But someone mentioned that there were 4 teams working on LS that rotate every 2 releases. I wonder if we just got stuck with the “runt” of the 4 teams for the last release. I’m just so surprised how the last 2 LS releases could be so vastly different with how polished they are.

I some times wonder if the teams kid each other over their releases.
Team “A” runs past team "B"s cubes, "Nah nah, they like our release better! ;-)

Polished Content?

Posted by: Korasawa.5930

Korasawa.5930

I’ll just say, for the record, I quite enjoyed this Living Story. That is, until this recent “Update” ( Much like the Turian council member and “Reapers” of ME). As i’m sure everyone has seen with the Triple Trouble wurms, the level of organization is of that used by large scale guilds and server co-ordination. However, that is completely unreasonable to expect of an Overflow.

And to the nay-sayers that say “Oh, it was too easy anyway!”. DUH it’s friggin’ LIVING STORY not RANDOM WORLD BOSS that they decided to add to challenge people. If I wanted the triple wurm fight or anything like it, I would go do the dang wurm fight.

So, all in all, the content was nice. Simply in need of some minor bug fixes. Then it turned into “OH GOD, Please put it back to the original state so the majority of people can at least complete the whole fight!” I also agree with Fenrina. I have gotten all my needed achivements for the chest, But some of them were given without actually completing the relevant achivement, as well as not getting some that I should’ve gotten.

To support my argument, I have included an educational short clip that I think we all may learn from. Or at the very least, may lighten the grim mood that is created around a thread such as this one. Polished

(edited by Korasawa.5930)

Polished Content?

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

End of the LS story arch…the most important and most memorable of ANet’s 1 year long work, after telling us they will take a longer break just to get everything as it should…we receive probably the most bugged and frustrating update this game has see in LS story (talking from the perspective of someone who doesn’t do the event just once and is happy about it). If i am wrong please recall an update they ever did that has been as bugged or infuriating as this one.

Challenge accepted.

The original Southsun Cove introduction, along with free trial accounts, massive OP karka and the glitched-as-all-hell fractals. 15 November 2012 saw this patch released, and a long weekend from hell when they up and left the game to run ‘as normal’ while they took their Thanksgiving break. Each new patch saw a heavier amount of glitches while LA was spammed with “lfg fractals” and getting into your own server was a nightmare.

The biggest kick in the teeth was the event finale. I won’t go into details here but those who were there remember full well what happened, and the farcicle amount of precursors dropped, and the ‘mopping up’ Anet had to do upon their return to normal work.

Back then achievement points were still being racked up, but they didn’t yet have a purpose. Now it’s more highly regarded to get those achievements. So, as it relates to this patch, I still feel the sting from the karka event. That’ll never go away. But this would be close to it for all people doing this content.

Polished Content?

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Challenge accepted.

The original Southsun Cove introduction, along with free trial accounts, massive OP karka and the glitched-as-all-hell fractals. 15 November 2012 saw this patch released, and a long weekend from hell when they up and left the game to run ‘as normal’ while they took their Thanksgiving break. Each new patch saw a heavier amount of glitches while LA was spammed with “lfg fractals” and getting into your own server was a nightmare.

They didn’t abandon the game, but there was only a skeleton crew left to try to fix the bugs. Like “Canach unresponsive, can’t progress quest”.

The biggest kick in the teeth was the event finale. I won’t go into details here but those who were there remember full well what happened, and the farcicle amount of precursors dropped, and the ‘mopping up’ Anet had to do upon their return to normal work.

Farcical amount? The only reason that many dropped was because everyone and their uncle (and their uncle’s sister’s roommate from college) seemed to cram in there. I don’t think there were many people not in Southsun.

The reason so many dropped was the RNG being hit pretty much once for everyone who existed on the server. Or twice, but I heard that was just some rumor started for drama. I recall hearing it was not statistically improbable for the volume of chest grabs which were made.

But then, we only have developer’s words on that.

Really, yes, Lost Shores was the quintessential bugged release from ANet. Except it’s still not the worst one I endured. The worst one had to be “Meridian 59: Renaissance” wherein there was a whole doubling of the size of the world . . . and the coders forgot to add the items to reach it to the game. So, until they could fake up something (quickly) there was zero way to reach the new content.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Polished Content?

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

It was also their only one-time event, and I’m glad they learned from it. That still doesn’t make up for the people that couldn’t make it to the finale because of work (patch release was Monday morning for Oceanics). >:( I don’t know how it is for anyone else, but when you’ve gone out of your way to try and enjoy the content for the entire weekend by being there when the patch drops for each day, then being sucker-punched in the last round… I think it kind of leaves a foul taste in the mouth.

Actually there is something common between that event and this – asides being bugged… it’s the lack of communication. We like to be told what’s going on if something is bugged, and not a simple “we’re on it”. Reassuring for some perhaps, but what happened to genuine communication?

(edited by Valandil Dragonhart.2371)

Polished Content?

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

Challenge accepted.

Back then achievement points were still being racked up, but they didn’t yet have a purpose. Now it’s more highly regarded to get those achievements. So, as it relates to this patch, I still feel the sting from the karka event. That’ll never go away. But this would be close to it for all people doing this content.

I remember all to well..but i also take in account that was:
1. Their first major event attempt ever. They didn’t have proper experience in how to deal with things like that.
2. Like u said it was thanks giving.
3. They did release the free trials that had a huge influx of ppl in the game, when the game was mega-hyped.

This time what happened?
1. They had experience
2. They had no hollidays AND they had a month+ to make this
3. There were no holidays this time…not major atleast.

If u put those together..it results in a worst update that soutshun. Atleast from my perspective.

Polished Content?

Kaiyanwan.8521

Southsun:

Bad and buggy event → good rewards

Battle for LA:

Bad and buggy event → bad rewards

Battle for LA is the worst event in sum of its parts by a mile. The fact that they had a chance to even fix it and still messed up makes it even worse.

Polished Content?

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Southsun:
Bad and buggy event -> good rewards

Speak for yourself, the rewards for many people weren’t all that good.

Battle for LA:

Bad and buggy event -> bad rewards

Stomping Scarlet finally was its own reward.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Polished Content?

Kaiyanwan.8521

Southsun:

Battle for LA:

Everyone that participated got:

A free 20 bag slot
A free epic trinket
A free epic item with chance of a precursor.

That sounds like good rewards to me. What did we get this time? Some ugly skin for a helmet?

Stomping NPCs instead of fighting them? Sounds like a great accomplishment.

(edited by Kaiyanwan.8521)

Polished Content?

Posted by: Katastrofi.5816

Katastrofi.5816

Southsun:

Battle for LA:

Everyone that participated got:

A free 20 bag slot
A free epic trinket
A free epic item with chance of a precursor.

That sounds like good rewards to me. What did we get this time? Some ugly skin for a helmet?

Stomping NPCs instead of fighting them? Sounds like a great accomplishment.

Actually I also got Scarlet’s Kiss and Scarlet’s Rainbow. Count me extremely lucky, but these two skins are pretty cool.

Polished Content?

Kaiyanwan.8521

Those skins are not the reward for the event, they are temporary RNG loot tied to the event.
Rewards are what everyone gets for playing the event and succeed.

Polished Content?

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Those skins are not the reward for the event, they are temporary RNG loot tied to the event.
Rewards are what everyone gets for playing the event and succeed.

Not everyone who participated in Lost Shores had the same chance for loot, mind you. The definite rewards were the Ancient Karka Shell and Ancient Karka Box, and an exotic-rank chest which had wildly varying rewards. If I recall, you were guaranteed two random exotic items and two rares.

Everyone who participates in “Scarlet’s End” for the first time receives a free Lesser Vision Crystal, and Scarlet’s Veil. But if you participate in the Knight killing you get . . . what was it, six Deluxe Gear Boxes (Exotic) when the three are either killed or time expires? . . . not terrible loot either. Then there’s a ton of Achievement points which can be racked up.

(Note: There were no achievements for Lost Shores participation.)