Polished Content?

Polished Content?

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

Exotic loot was the best available loot back at southsun.

You got BiS items as reward for the event. And a 20 slot box, that is still BiS till today.

Exotic gear boxes have a slim “chance” to drop exotic gear probably less than one in a hundred, I do not know how you can compare this to a warrented exotic drop.

And a lesser vision crystal, wow, that is really close to a piece of ascended gear…

(edited by Kaiyanwan.8521)

Polished Content?

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Exotic loot was the best available loot back at southsun.

You got BiS items as reward for the event. And a 20 slot box, that is still BiS till today.

Exotic gear boxes have a slim “chance” to drop exotic gear probably less than one in a hundret, I do not know how you can compare this to a warrented exotic drop.

And a lesser vision crystal, wow, that is really close to a piece of ascended gear…

Well it was one of the last things I needed. So it was more useful to me than what I got at Lost Shores.

I got “Best in Slot” I couldn’t even use when I opened my Karka chest. I didn’t even get Rares I could use. I got a light coat, a scepter, a trident, and heavy boots. So, hey, best in slot? Still not useful to me. Neither was the darn box at that time either since I had gotten 20 slot bags already.

And it’s worth nothing those Deluxe Gear Boxes drop Watchwork Sprockets which everyone knows are gamebreakingly powerful. I mean, they’re so powerful the Watchwork Pick was pay to win.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Polished Content?

Kaiyanwan.8521

Here, I write it down for you:

To have an equivalent, the loot from the final event in LA would have had to be:

- an ascended trinket
- a 20 slot bag
- 1 or more random ascended items (armor or weapon), tradeable on the TP

Maybe some people in full ascended would have had no use for the stuff, but for most, this sounds better than a helmet skin and a lesser vision crystal.

Polished Content?

Tobias Trueflight.8350

To have an equivalent, the loot from the final event in LA would have had to be:

- an ascended trinket
- a 20 slot bag

Maybe some people in full ascended would have had no use for the stuff, but for most, this sounds better than a helmet skin and a lesser vision crystal.

And it still wouldn’t do anyone any good if they got an Ascended trinket they already had a copy of, or if their item they got was useless to them. (Because, face it, they’re not going to be able to make an item not Account Bound, without there being a chance of even more technical difficulties, which could be more game-breaking than what people complain about now.)

Though it should also be noted – they probably won’t go past what they put up for Lost Shores’ end chest ever again. I’d put money they wouldn’t even go close to that level again, due to the immense outcry from people reporting two precursors out of their box.

(Joke’s on them though, it was The Chosen and Rage.)

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Polished Content?

Kaiyanwan.8521

Yeah, so what we need as reward is another helmet skin, as we get them so rarely, and a crafting component you can not place under crafting components and will clutter your inventory.

This game is not rewarding you for playing. It tells you, hey you just played the content, here some crap. Now play this content over and over again to have a chance to get stuff, maybe, if the RNG gods love you.

Than the content is buggy as hell and you actually have to be lucky to have 150 more people around that do things right, or you are messed up. Mind you, random people on an overflow server.

The reason why I deinstalled the game yesterday is, that I for one think the design direction that this game is going is too stupid for me to continue anymore.

Polished Content?

Tobias Trueflight.8350

The reason why I deinstalled the game yesterday is, that I for one think the design direction that this game is going is too stupid for me to continue anymore.

Well, your loss. Or gain.

Thanks for playing, see you again sometime.

Polished Content?

Kaiyanwan.8521

Well, your loss. Or gain.

Thanks for playing, see you again sometime.

Might happen if you play some other games too. See you there.

Polished Content?

Posted by: SirDrygan.1823

SirDrygan.1823

I can tell you the reward that I got from the Southsun thingy….
Eir’s longbow……… and…that’s it…..

Well, I was quite happy with it anyways…

But this Battle for LA… I have been in zerg and 50 man raids on the knights from day 1. I log into LA after the patch hits. And the rewards up until now? 9 green cores, 9 blue cores and 4 red cores…. and many many no drops from the knights pre-patches and post-patches…… And lots of greens from a drawn out fight with Scarlet’s hologram……. it is a fun boss to fight, but the rewards for the fight could be better… and NO, I am not expecting ascended drops…. I am expecting a bit more yellow stuff than just green. the fight is about 15 to 20 minutes long depending on the people on your your platform….. and you get peanuts for it at the end……

Polished Content?

Posted by: Drakma.1549

Drakma.1549

I can tell you the reward that I got from the Southsun thingy….
Eir’s longbow……… and…that’s it…..

You know what I got from the Southsun event?

Nothing, because I was at work while it was taking place…..

Polished Content?

Posted by: Pipra.7580

Pipra.7580

I think we’d just need to petition for NCsoft to give the devs a bit more breathing room. This 2-week schedule simply isn’t enough. And I can imagine that the dev teams involved in LS creation are worked to the bone.

If I recall, they have three teams working on rotating schedules for the Living Story content. It’s not just one team cranking out an update every two weeks.

Polished Content?

Posted by: VitisVinifera.2834

VitisVinifera.2834

I just got the meta, and no reward chest. Not sure if getting it by the daily vista viewing in LA was my ‘fault’, but that’s what did it. Nice quality. Love grinding a meta to get scammed by Anet.

Polished Content?

Kaiyanwan.8521

I just got the meta, and no reward chest. Not sure if getting it by the daily vista viewing in LA was my ‘fault’, but that’s what did it. Nice quality. Love grinding a meta to get scammed by Anet.

Be happy, you only missed the rage of opening the chest and getting crap.

Polished Content?

Posted by: Katastrofi.5816

Katastrofi.5816

Those skins are not the reward for the event, they are temporary RNG loot tied to the event.
Rewards are what everyone gets for playing the event and succeed.

Actually, yes, they are a part of the reward for the event. Even if it’s not a definitive reward, it’s still a reward specifically for this event that you won’t get elsewhere.

- an ascended trinket
- a 20 slot bag

You’re being subjective. Oh yeah, we got a trinket, but are you honestly using apothecary gear?? I’d rather have a skin that I may find works with a certain look, than a completely useless trinket that I will have 0% of ever using.

Also 20 slot boxes mean absolutely nothing nowadays. You can get them for like, nothing (all my toons have the 20 slot exo boxes from fractals and I still have more fractal relics than I know what to do with).

A lesser vision crystal, by comparison, is much more useful to me (and most people these days) than a 20-slot box. It’s essentially worth 1g in mats, plus a handful of obsidian shards.

This event has netted me about 350+g so far worth of drops, from those two rifle skins I found (which are bound to go up in price), mats to craft ascended backpiece for relatively cheap, and some misc. novelty things (angle/devil potions). What did I get from the Karka event…….. A useless exotic that I salvaged, a box that you can get for less than an hour of your time, and a handful of minis (which I admit are worth quite a bit now).

I’ll take this event over the Karka event hands down, bar none.

Have fun with your useless trinket and 20-slot box…. Oh wait, you uninstalled. kbai.

Polished Content?

Posted by: Antara.3189

Antara.3189

Eh,

I was fortunate enough to finish the finale during the first release on the first day in Sea of Sorrows (Nice job guys), and I haven’t gone back since. Especially since I’ve heard a good deal of complaints regarding these “hotfixes” which have seemed to make things even worse.

As far as polished content goes, this has been brought up to the table on these forums in a very constructive manner over a year now. Even with the new CDI initiative there is still a very clear “barrier” between the players and the the developers who make the decisions.

This isn’t the fault of the developers designing the content per se’, but moreover the “management” who are deciding the release times and the work load of the content designers.

I want to quote myself from last July which received very high praise from other players (my highest rated post to date)

July 03, 2013
“My gripe with only focusing on fast paced living story content is the amount of QA (Quality Assurance) that goes into each update. The faster you push out content, maps, weapons, armor, etc. the less time you have polish, review, etc. The idea is great, but the product might not be up to par with what they are promising. Take for example players receiving all the dragon helms a week before the finale. A huge bug that got through, something that isn’t as common in slower paced updates. Also note the accidental achievement section ((DELETE ME!!)) that found its way through to the live client. They are working very fast paced and have increased workloads. Broken Content isn’t good content. As players, we shouldn’t be the “ultimate” testers. We want to enjoy the content that the game has promised us. People who take up the testing role should be doing that, not us.”

Polished Content?

Kaiyanwan.8521

Those skins are not the reward for the event, they are temporary RNG loot tied to the event.

Actually, yes, they are a part of the reward for the event. Even if it’s not a definitive reward, it’s still a reward specifically for this event that you won’t get elsewhere.

- an ascended trinket
- a 20 slot bag

You’re being subjective. Oh yeah, we got a trinket, but are you honestly using apothecary gear?? I’d rather have a skin that I may find works with a certain look, than a completely useless trinket that I will have 0% of ever using.

Also 20 slot boxes mean absolutely nothing nowadays. You can get them for like, nothing (all my toons have the 20 slot exo boxes from fractals and I still have more fractal relics than I know what to do with).

A lesser vision crystal, by comparison, is much more useful to me (and most people these days) than a 20-slot box. It’s essentially worth 1g in mats, plus a handful of obsidian shards.

This event has netted me about 350+g so far worth of drops, from those two rifle skins I found (which are bound to go up in price), mats to craft ascended backpiece for relatively cheap, and some misc. novelty things (angle/devil potions). What did I get from the Karka event…….. A useless exotic that I salvaged, a box that you can get for less than an hour of your time, and a handful of minis (which I admit are worth quite a bit now).

Have fun with your useless trinket and 20-slot box…. Oh wait, you uninstalled. kbai.

Have you been around?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ancient_Karka_Shell

Looks like celestial gear to me, which seems pretty popular. You are mixing up the LS with the live event.

And back in the days, a 20 slot box was only available through crafting. God forbid, that 16 montes later, something is more common…

Put things in context, noone would have salvaged exotics they could sell, only if they were soulbound or had divinity runes, otherwise it was a stupid move.

I smell a made up story in the quoted text.

(edited by Kaiyanwan.8521)

Polished Content?

Posted by: Katastrofi.5816

Katastrofi.5816

- an ascended trinket
- a 20 slot bag

Have you been around?

Looks like celestial gear to me, which seems pretty popular. You are mixing up the LS with the live event.

And back in the days, a 20 slot box was only available through crafting. God forbid, that 16 montes later, something is more common…

Put things in context, noone would have salvaged exotics they could sell, only if they were soulbound or had divinity runes, otherwise it was a stupid move.

Fair enough; I was thinking about the apothecary rings and crap that dropped from mobs. Yes, I salvaged them, because they were pretty worthless. I still don’t use celestial gear so that shell thing is stashed around somewhere gathering dust.

And uh… Have YOU been around? FoTM was added during or around when Lost Shores was released… So….. Yeah.. 16 months is a bit of an exaggeration. Those boxes have been around for quite a while now.

Didn’t you uninstall? What are you still going on about?

Polished Content?

Kaiyanwan.8521

- an ascended trinket
- a 20 slot bag

Have you been around?

Fair enough; I was thinking about the apothecary rings and crap that dropped from mobs. Yes, I salvaged them, because they were pretty worthless. I still don’t use celestial gear so that shell thing is stashed around somewhere gathering dust.

And uh… Have YOU been around? FoTM was added during or around when Lost Shores was released… So….. Yeah.. 16 months is a bit of an exaggeration. Those boxes have been around for quite a while now.

Didn’t you uninstall? What are you still going on about?

Southsun Cove and fractals opened with the same patch (November 2012). So the box from the event was a novelty, as Fractals have just opened, and everything was still new.

Actually I am on the forum because I have the time to do so, and they are way more entertaining than the game itself.
Now that I have deleted the game from my hard drive, I have even more time to enjoy the group content here.

Polished Content?

Posted by: Biohazard.7523

Biohazard.7523

Hmm….Still no answer from arena net.

Polished Content?

Posted by: Fade.7658

Fade.7658

The bottom line for Anet, is well, the bottom line. Each patch is a delivery system for crap they put on the gem store.

The quality, patch to patch, is as what everyone else has said, not all that good. I imagine NcSoft has them focus on ways to make money, however, and not release a tested and bug-free product. That costs more money.

Even the new things in the gem store are not really top shelf. Regurgitated skins abound, and over priced at that.

There needs to be a serious competitor, and sadly, ESO isn’t going to be it. Without competition, companies stagnate, and innovation is lost or slowed. Intel anyone?

At it’s core, GW2 got a lot of things right, but the implementation and maintenance leave much to be desired.

Polished Content?

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

This is what we like to call a bug, and should be reported.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Polished Content?

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

The bottom line for Anet, is well, the bottom line. Each patch is a delivery system for crap they put on the gem store.

The quality, patch to patch, is as what everyone else has said, not all that good. I imagine NcSoft has them focus on ways to make money, however, and not release a tested and bug-free product. That costs more money.

Even the new things in the gem store are not really top shelf. Regurgitated skins abound, and over priced at that.

There needs to be a serious competitor, and sadly, ESO isn’t going to be it. Without competition, companies stagnate, and innovation is lost or slowed. Intel anyone?

At it’s core, GW2 got a lot of things right, but the implementation and maintenance leave much to be desired.

It doesn’t actually seem to be NCSoft causing these issues. I think the blame lies squarely on Anet.

NCSoft is also ruler over Carbine studios who is making Wildstar. They just released their latest polish patch after 3 months of working on it and it was 52 pages long! I don’t think you’d get 52 pages of polish if you put the entire history of GW2 patches together. Granted it is still in beta, but they seem to be working fast and efficiently even with NCSoft as their bosses.

Also the devs there have been very open and honest about all the decisions they are making. Even getting input from the execs and marketing, here is the latest post from their forums explaining some of their decisions:

http://www.reddit.com/r/WildStar/comments/209s1d/explanation_behind_recently_announced_beta/

Also here is the patch notes for their latest patch (note these will take you several hours to read) :

http://www.hiddenarena.com/content.php?269-WildStar-Winter-Beta-4-Patch-Notes-Warmageddon!&postid=4255#.UyHN4_ldVyI

Ultimtely the blame is Anet’s and Anet’s alone.

Polished Content?

Posted by: Biohazard.7523

Biohazard.7523

Yea true story, so why doesnt arena net buy more employees ?

Polished Content?

Posted by: ExAstris.8527

ExAstris.8527

Pretty invested in this game. I want it to blossom into an amazing virtual world. This last patch…Battle for Lion’s Arch was just terrible. Bugs (and not just on patch day) were really bad. The whole event seems to have been marred by the no rewards in early days/RNG in later days. Chat has been pretty caustic, like the event just kind of puts everyone in a bad mood. I’ve avoided it as much as possible, and am taking a sanity break from Tyria till the tournament.

Gwen Dlynn; human engineer (1st class)
Sir Reginald Doom; Charr necromancer (wip)
Aurora Skykin; Norn guardian (wip)

Polished Content?

Posted by: The Revenant.4970

The Revenant.4970

No one in the history of ever has enjoyed or remembers how they enjoyed a game because of how hard it kicked their kitten .

Maybe if content and achievements were less challenging and/or a pain in the rear to do we wouldn’t need to hide in the corner or afk-leech for their rewards.

Demon Souls and Dark Souls says hello. Most old school games say hello.

I think the problem lies with people having decidedly less grit then their predecessors. They’re also so dependent on others in real life that they don’t understand the concept of doing things on your own anymore or understand the satisfaction of completing a hard task by one’s self.

Polished Content?

Posted by: Arkard.3970

Arkard.3970

Epilogue was terrible IMO. Very poor writing and so many awkward moments. Oh well, at least it didn’t bug… unless you count the cutscene on logging in instead of zoning into LA like the patch mentioned.

Miyako [Kupo] – 80 Thief
Tarnished Coast Server

Polished Content?

Posted by: The Revenant.4970

The Revenant.4970

Moderator is being overzealous and deleting comments and giving infractions for frivolous things.

I expect better judgment from you ANet. Losing respect quickly.

(edited by The Revenant.4970)

Polished Content?

Posted by: Kuro Zetsumei.1397

Kuro Zetsumei.1397

oh look, more whining… I really think some of you forget this is an MMO and not an RPG like Skyrim.

Polished Content?

Tobias Trueflight.8350

oh look, more whining… I really think some of you forget this is an MMO and not an RPG like Skyrim.

Eh, Skyrim was still a terrible follow-up to a series which produced Morrowind.