Recipe: Sharpen stone station. Single use?

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Taiver.4395

Taiver.4395

Q:

Seeen this in game, looks like the recipe costs 30-40g or so…
It says consumable so is this single use for 40g? Seems somewhat overpriced to the max if it is single use.
Anyone able to help? If a GM can help that would be even better

(edited by Taiver.4395)

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Using the recipe unlocks the ability to CRAFT one.
So yes the recipe itself is single use, but after you learn the recipe you can craft as many as you like.

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

Using the recipe unlocks the ability to CRAFT one.
So yes the recipe itself is single use, but after you learn the recipe you can craft as many as you like.

He wasn’t asking about the recipe; if you look for Stations in the TP, you’ll see that their price hovers around 25-40g, which is a bit too much for the common player.

I assume they’re single use, but I’m not sure.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Yes they appear to be single use and are NEVER under any circumstances worth the price.

You would need 180+ people to use the station to justify the cost of making one over distributing the regular version to everyone. Since most maps cap at 150 people it will never be worth it.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Yes they appear to be single use and are NEVER under any circumstances worth the price.

You would need 180+ people to use the station to justify the cost of making one over distributing the regular version to everyone. Since most maps cap at 150 people it will never be worth it.

You would get suppressed long before you are done mailing all those items!

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

The cost is absurd. The recipes should have been 1 elonian leather, 1 bolt of damask or 1 deldrimor steel, respectively. Not 5. It’s utterly absurd, no one is served by such a high cost on those recipes. Who in their right mind would lay down 5 bolts of damask for a buff that must be picked up within 5 minutes? That’s over 70g in damask alone, leaving the cost of the t6 dust aside.

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

You would get suppressed long before you are done mailing all those items!

I’ve had to bring back the ancient art of chain letters in order to handle buff distribution.

It is pretty annoying that I have to use a pre-internet communication technique in order to use an internet-based game. There should never be any message throttling for people who are in your party or guild.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

The cost has nothing to do with Anet interaction…if people don’t want it, don’t buy it. And no, I’m not being trollish here. It’s a free market. By not buying it, people will influence the value to drop.

I’m under the assumption that the stations are like food trays, or the buffs the NPCs give out for 50 silver. But I haven’t tested it myself.

(edited by Arikyali.5804)

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

The cost has nothing to do with Anet interaction…if people don’t want it, don’t buy it. And no, I’m not being trollish here. It’s a free market. By not buying it, people will influence the value to drop.

I’m under the assumption that the stations are like food trays, or the buffs the NPCs give out for free for 50 silver. But I haven’t tested it myself.

“free for 50 silver”? :P
I don’t like your idea of free.

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

“free for 50 silver”? :P
I don’t like your idea of free.

I’m a business woman, shhhh…..

(Typo, oops. XD)

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

Vastly overpriced cost to produce.

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.