Remove champion bags from LA champs

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Klonex.4562

Klonex.4562

As the title says. People are too fixated farming those. Can’t do the event with people that are there just to farm champs, so i guess the solution is just to eliminate any major profitability from the event other than the main objective.

Thanks, a Piken Square player.

this is silly, removing champ loot will lead players not doing them at all. there are times when the worm champ pops up before the moas get there, causing players to kill it so the moas can despawn instead of being knocked back quite a bit before killing them. the other boss where the gates for WvW are pops up most of the time when other events are in there too. besides giving the player a champ bag for killing them, they also give a decent amount of xp. if there is no bag for the player t receive upon killing them then there’s no reason to even bother going there.

Drops from enemies in evens should be moved to the end of the event, as part of the rewards for success, and only success.

This applies to ALL events in the entire game, from WvW to dungeons. Skip events or focus on just killing stuff instead the objectives, and you get less rewards.

this is also silly to do, similar to the fight with teq the majority won’t bother doing the event if it needs to succeed 100% of the time. a lot of people will just end up not doing and leave it because of the percentage and time they ended up joining in. if they see the the numbers of civis saved and how much time they have left (and they know they won’t succeed in time) they stop doing it.

~Krystal <3 Angela ~
~ I taught cows how to Moo! ~

(edited by Klonex.4562)

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

My issue is thus:

I need the supply bags to get shards… but saving civilians (which is sort of the object of the event) is less than rewarding (for bags) in comparison to zerging or event farming simply due to the distinctly fewer kills in a lot of instances.

I rarely do anything but save civs, and I have more shards than I can use.
Getting bags is very easy and you can get them from mobs while saving civs.(which you do have to fight to keep the path cleared from them.)

Posted by: DoctorOverlord.8620

DoctorOverlord.8620

Wacky idea – how about not having pointless events in LA that distract for the overall goal?

Even wackier idea – how about only including events in LA that actually contribute to the overall goal?

If the point is to ignore these events and focus on saving civilians, then why are these events in LA at all?

I didn’t like this mechanic in the Scarlet Invasions where mobs were deliberately left in locations to waste player’s time after an specific event was done. It felt silly killing enemies one moment then running away and leaving them alive a second later just because an orange circle on the map disappeared.

At least in the Scarlet Invasion events contributed to the overall goal. The game has trained players from launch to do events when they see them show up on their map. Now players get thrown into this situation where that basic concept gets tossed out the window.

Now we’re facing with events we’re not supposed to do and we’re encouraged to let fleeing children fend for themselves and giant worms run rampant in favor of finding civilian spawns.

I don’t think kind of deliberate misdirection is an example of good game design and I really do not want to see more of it in the future.

Check my GW2 Comic Dynamic Events http://goo.gl/JyB3J (Short Google Link to Fan Content Forum here)

(edited by DoctorOverlord.8620)

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

How about removing ALL mob loot and actually making the event rewards worth it? You don’t want farming so please give us options here. Put in a better ranking system and scale individual rewards based on actual contribution.

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

If the point is to ignore these events and focus on saving civilians, then why are these events in LA at all?

What’s funny is that all the events DO contribute to the civvie total. I’m not entirely sure about the champion events (not champions from scaled events that generally get doomed to failure at that point- cough molten), as every time I’ve done 1200 runs with my guild, the champs spawn and/or finish well after 1200 has been reached. The asthma events also contribute 10 if you only beat one of them I believe. If you complete the other two events, you get a bonus of 20 and 35 civvies, or somewhere in that area, for another 50 or so rescued.

I do agree though, it’s quite possible to reach 1200 civvies without touching a miasma event.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

You get 5 or 10 bonus to “citizens saved” counter every event you do. Miasma events add 5 per event, and 35 bonus of all 3 done (for a total of 50). Unless every survivor spawning place and evacuation lane is already covered by people, it is almost always more efficient to go for citizens than for events. The only exception might be a triple miasma done by a minimum possible number of people each.

More efficient, that is , if you want to save people. If you want rewards, it’s way better to zerg events.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

My issue is thus:

I need the supply bags to get shards… but saving civilians (which is sort of the object of the event) is less than rewarding (for bags) in comparison to zerging or event farming simply due to the distinctly fewer kills in a lot of instances.

Getting bags is very easy and you can get them from mobs while saving civs.(which you do have to fight to keep the path cleared from them.)

I’ve been doing a lot of civ saving, and yeah I kill quite a few foes, but I only get maybe half the number of bags as I would if I were running events with say, half a dozen people. Considering I need probably somewhere around 9k shards for the backpacks I have planned… I can say I’m no where near that count.

sigh

Ah well, lofty goals. We’ll see what I manage by the end.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

My issue is thus:

I’ve been doing a lot of civ saving, and yeah I kill quite a few foes, but I only get maybe half the number of bags as I would if I were running events with say, half a dozen people. Considering I need probably somewhere around 9k shards for the backpacks I have planned… I can say I’m no where near that count.

sigh

What is that, about 6 colored ascended backpacks?

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

LanfearShadowflame.3189

My issue is thus:

sigh

I hadn’t even taken the colors into consideration as yet. I was aiming for 10 (one for each current character) of base ascended status. Since this one is presently the least expensive non-fractal option.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

My issue is thus:

sigh

I hadn’t even taken the colors into consideration as yet. I was aiming for 10 (one for each current character) of base ascended status. Since this one is presently the least expensive non-fractal option.

Ahhh, I’m making 11, but I’m stopping at Exotic cause I don’t care about fractals and Exotic has more stat options. I still need a little over 2000

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

LanfearShadowflame.3189

My issue is thus:

sigh

Ahhh, I’m making 11, but I’m stopping at Exotic cause I don’t care about fractals and Exotic has more stat options. I still need a little over 2000

I don’t recall how many I still need. I think I’m about a third of the way there. Not all of my characters are 80s yet, so their packs can ‘grow’ with them, which I think is awesome, just have to have the blades available for later on.

I’m not a fractals runner either, BiS is just an ‘end goal’ for me to work towards. After that I can just skin them to whatever look I prefer since the mechanical spider just doesn’t ‘go’ with all of my looks. Hopefully, by that point they’ll have added in the other ‘missing’ stat combinations too…

I may try to do at least one colored one… I think they green would look nice on my necro, with her green and orange armor and green glowy eyes. Wish me luck haha.