Replay living story.

Replay living story.

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Eve.1580

Eve.1580

I left the game after killing the kraken in the living story. Is there any way I can replay what I missed? All I know is that there is a giant whole where I used to afk.

Replay living story.

Posted by: Renn.8241

Renn.8241

Nope, it’s all in history sadly.
It would be good if they implemented in in the future, maybe as fractals so we have gather the achievements etc

~Renn~ Jade Quarry – Norn, – Ranger.

Replay living story.

Posted by: OmaiGodman.2098

OmaiGodman.2098

I’d love a way to replay the twisted marionette, I’m sure they could somehow work that into a world boss like Tequatl or the three-headed worm.

Any plan that involves dead quaggans is, by design, foolproof. I’m an unmitigated genius!

Replay living story.

Posted by: ever.5806

ever.5806

I think setting something up like this is a great idea. Part of the reason I lost interest in even getting the game after the living story was implemented was thinking about all of the things that had transpired that I would never get to experience. This would be a great way to draw in those like me (admittedly probably an extreme minority) who feel intimidated by the barrier such live events create when you come into the game late.

(edited by ever.5806)

Replay living story.

Posted by: Kasima.8143

Kasima.8143

Please Anet, make it possible to relive the living story. I bought the game just after the fall happened and now it just feels like there is nothing of importance to do. Farming for legendaries and fighting the same bosses and dungeons 345645 times isn’t my thing you see…

Replay living story.

Posted by: Heraldusluminare.2946

Heraldusluminare.2946

Instanced dungeons and replaying certain cinematics might work, but recreating the huge amount of open world content is going to be developer’s nightmare.

For example, one of the events included timed appearances of Scarlet all over Tyria, where hordes of players were necessary to take her down. This can’t easily (to my knowledge) be recreated, unless your 100 plus player allies (I forget the player limit per map) are AI simulated OR if they somehow create an instance of the event, allowing you to 5-man it, but that would totally destroy the concept of waves of random allies joining you in battle against the big bad. Even worse, it probably means ANet has to spend twice as long to create an event, because they have to take time to plan the main event and then take time to create said instanced event. You’d also end up with dungeon balancing issues that will only grow as they keep adding content.

I totally get where you’re coming from, and it’s been a real bummer when I’ve had to miss content because of work/life commitments. On the bright side, I know that Guild Wars 2 is always evolving, and if I can’t be a part of Tyria’s past, I can still be a part of its future!

Replay living story.

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

wait there was a KRAKEN in the living story?

crap missed it :P

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

Replay living story.

Posted by: OmaiGodman.2098

OmaiGodman.2098

I think things like the Scarlet invasions and other zergy things could be omitted, but most of the content could be made available in one way or another. Twisted Marionette could be made into a world boss, the Tower of Nightmares could be reworked into a dungeon (just needs a bit of tweaking on the amount of mobs to make it possible to do with a party of 5 instead of a zerg). Same for the Aetherblade dungeon in Lion’s Arch. I think it’s a shame that awesome content like that will be gone forever. Make it part of the fractals if you can’t place it anywhere else.

As for the marionette, just make it that the Priory re-activates the thing for “research purposes” and people can be the guinea pigs (and then basically just recreate the fights as they once were – just replace the Breachmaker with something else to hold the thing up).

If people can come together to beat Tequatl or the three-headed worm, I’m sure they’ll love to come together for the Marionette. Heck, I’d create a Marionette-Slappers guild for that purpose.

Any plan that involves dead quaggans is, by design, foolproof. I’m an unmitigated genius!