Romance Repetition

Romance Repetition

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

Honestly, it comes off at blatantly political to me. I think it would be good for diversity to have a mixture of different types of relationships. Guy Girl, Guy Guy, Girl Girl. However, when only gay relationships are being highlighted, it starts to look political.

Romance Repetition

Posted by: soakman.7539

soakman.7539

I disagree. Refer to previous post on page 3. 99.9% of all entertainment “highlights” straight couples. I do not, personally, see it as blatantly political.

Romance Repetition

timidobserver.7925

I disagree. Refer to previous post on page 3. 99.9% of all entertainment “highlights” straight couples. I do not, personally, see it as blatantly political.

Oh, I think you misunderstood. I didn’t say that you saw it is political. I said that I do.

Romance Repetition

Posted by: soakman.7539

soakman.7539

Oh, I think you misunderstood. I didn’t say that you saw it is political. I said that I do.

Fair enough. Do you care to expound upon why this example is political and the majority of all other existing entertainment is not?

Romance Repetition

timidobserver.7925

Fair enough. Do you care to expound upon why this example is political and the majority of all other existing entertainment is not?

I also don’t think I said anything about the majority of all existing entertainment. I cannot comment on all other entertainment because it comes down to what exists in the story. If a story has homosexual and heterosexual romance, and the writers/developers choose to only highlight one side, it is political or at least looks political.

I cannot say what “All” other stories have. If there is no homosexual romance in the story then it cannot be highlighted, and vice versa. However, GW2 is the topic at hand, I do happen to know that GW2 has both available.

(edited by timidobserver.7925)

Romance Repetition

Posted by: Zaith.9132

Zaith.9132

Just because I don’t agree with the lifestyle doesn’t make me homophobic.

You’re right. The use the word “lifestyle” generally points more to ignorance than homophobia.

/me tips transmuted tier-3 crafted hat

Romance Repetition

Posted by: Alice.8694

Alice.8694

Stopped taking it seriously the second the word “agenda” came up. Honestly, was this topic just a troll attempt? Keep this topic respectful, eh mods? Sorry, but this topic didn’t start from a place of respect for all human beings and it ain’t gonna get there.

This echos my sentiments perfectly, couldn’t have put it better myself.

Romance Repetition

Posted by: Eglesia.5049

Eglesia.5049

Greek word: Homo/hom- Same or equal.
Greek word: Phobia/Phobos-Fear or fearful of.
Greek word: Homophobia-Fear/fearful of same or equal.
American word: Homophobia-Hates/against homosexuals.

That being said. I do not mind A-Net putting in kitten -relationships. What I do mind, is them highlighting it over others.
1) The cinematic with Marjory and Kasmeer kissing(super cheesy acting by the way) was un-skippiable. But every hetero-sexual cinematic is skippable?(See Personal Story)
2) According to the lead writer(Chris something), thought it would be a nice to explore different variations of relationships between characters. Why did Rox and Braham not kiss/hug?
3) A-Net has been(not going to admit) semi-shoving kitten -sexual acceptance in our faces through this Living Story.

But to put everything in perspective, it is just a game. If you do not like what they have been doing, then there is no need to do it. Though Kasmeer and Marjory may be “human.” They are actually just bits and bytes of data, being rendered on your graphics card and live in a “virtual/fantasy” world.

Romance Repetition

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Looks like political intentions. Is this done to annoy conservative people?

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Romance Repetition

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

Can I romance Zojja next LS? I’d like to have a snarky genius as my partner!

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

Romance Repetition

Posted by: Spiuk.8421

Spiuk.8421

Looks like political intentions. Is this done to annoy conservative people?

Yes! We discussed it with ArenaNet in the Gay Agenda January meeting.

Rubios – Tales of the Sunless [TXS]

Romance Repetition

Posted by: agam.8075

agam.8075

This relationship isn’t very good, and it wouldn’t matter whether it is of heterosexual or homosexual nature. It is just badly written.
Essentially we have two characters of same race and approximately same age who spent quite a bit of time together. What would be the result of it? Would they be friends or even closer than that? Why would they be closer than that? Were there any precursors to that happening? Why can’t they be just intimate friends?

Now if one of those characters was male, it would seem that the relationship is inevitable. You just have two characters who are bound to be lovers for the sake of being lovers, and nothing deeper than that. In other words, it would still be a poor romance. The only difference is that homosexual relationship would stir much more noise in the public.

Manliest guardian on™
TC Mag FA YB

Romance Repetition

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

This topic.

WOW.

See this is why I wish I had a time machine so I could zip forward to a place where this nonsense doesn’t happen anymore. Ah well, it’ll come so long as we keep working for it.

Stopped taking it seriously the second the word “agenda” came up. Honestly, was this topic just a troll attempt? Keep this topic respectful, eh mods? Sorry, but this topic didn’t start from a place of respect for all human beings and it ain’t gonna get there.

Your last sentence bears repeating over and over because it encapsulates what is wrong with this topic and the subsequent discussions.

Yes I was slightly bemused by the acceptance of the OPs claims as if they were legitimate concerns. I could happily debunk and tear the OP to pieces, but I don’t think that’s what Anet want from the thread, so I shall abstain.

Gandara

Romance Repetition

Posted by: CC Danicia.1394

Previous

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

Since the thread has not been able to stay on-topic and respectful, we are closing the thread. You all are welcome to be critical and discuss the game, but name-calling, trolling, inappropriate content, and the like are not appropriate for the Guild Wars 2 forums. You are welcome to re-post your feedback in a respectful, constructive manner. Want to know how to give good feedback? Read this post: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/How-to-Give-Good-Feedback