Scarlet had good (selfish) intention?

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: DavyMcB.1603

DavyMcB.1603

So I’ve been thinking about it for fun and suddenly I’m confused as to what exactly scarlet was trying to achieve with her action.

Ok, everyone knows that she’s been wreaking havoc here and there but in the few last LS releases, it appeared to imply that Scarlet saw the force behind the nature in Omadd’s machine. I remember reading an article on the official website, it’s like an excerpt from the writer of the LS explaining what she saw in her dream. gabba gabba gabba she saw the order in the nature of things and she felt like she didn’t want to follow what was given to her, she wanted to destroy that system and set herself free. So she came out as Scarlet and start building things up to achieve her plan.

My point is… did she want to wake the dragon(by this point we all know she made contact with the dragon somehow in the machine) because she’s corrupted by it or because she wanted to kill it? The first doesn’t seem to make sense to me since it contradicts with the “I want to destroy that system” agenda. If she’s corrupted by the dragon and want to wake him up and be his champion, shouldn’t it be more like “I am the prophet of destruction” kind of mentality? The latter seems to make more sense to me..it also goes with the “one day Tyria will need me” sentence that she said.

-> Sylvari was created by Mordremoth
-> Cearan entered Omadd machine, saw that and didn’t want to be just a drone of a dragon
-> Came out as Scarlet wanting to kill Mordremoth
-> Don’t know where Modremoth is
-> Gathering all resources and knowledge to amass an army to fight Mordremoth
-> Use leyline to locate the focal point and disruption it to make Modremoth show itselkitten

he couldn’t kill Mordremoth cuz she was killed by the heroes

Does this make sense to you? I’m not defying any theories out there cuz I’m not a hardcore gw lore follower so I might be missing something. But seeing a lot of people saying she’s corrupted doesn’t make sense to me. I mean she’s “corrupted” in a way, but more like “saw the truth and couldn’t accept it”. Thoughts?

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

It was Mordremoth whispering in Scarlet’s head, wanting to wake up. Scarlet did all this to tap the ley lines to shock the dragon awake. She was somewhat mindcontrolled.

The End.

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

She was a bit “prophet of destruction” after exiting Omadd’s machine:

Scarlet’s voice rose as she went on. “I have a great deal of work ahead of me. I don’t know what the world will be when I’m through, but I will very much enjoy finding out. Empires will fall, continents will burn, and when the conflagration is over, I’ll be there to put my stamp on whatever new world this one becomes.”

The system I see she wants destroyed is the influence of the pale tree (the dream of dreams) and the nightmare court (“I reject the notion that that I must choose the Dream or be lost to Nightmare.”), and sees Mordremoth (of course, influenced by him) as the third option, the outside force strong enough to destroy all that.

IMHO she feels that tyria does need her… but note that her idea of Tyria might or might not include the other races living there. Were mordremoth succeed and corrupt the whole of tyria would basically mean an entire world living in peace (under its rule), plus it would be the kind of world a sylvari (not a pale tree one, mind you) would want to live in considering it would be a forest world, just like a destroyer would find itself just at home in a world consumed by lava and fire, or a dragonspawn of jormag in a frozen world.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

I’m kinda worried that this was part of her plan, and she merged with the dragon to it over (Snaff style).

That would ruin the story for now me as much as the Living Story did back when I still enjoyed the story.

It can always get worse…

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Posted by: SD ParagonVhailor.9160

SD ParagonVhailor.9160

As far as I can tell, Scarlet turned out to basically be The Illusive Man from Mass Effect.

Both of them were paragons of their species, easily mastering a wide and diverse range of skills and abilities. Both of them operated very much outside the norm, ignoring conventional wisdom and following their own path. Both had a moment in their past where they came into contact with something ancient and powerful which changed them forever. Both created powerful organizations that answered only to them through which they used others to achieve their goals. Both tried first to fight against, and then to control that thing they had previously encountered, before ultimately being subverted by it and used to achieve it’s ultimate goals. And both were ultimately put down by the hero after what they believed to be their greatest triumph, which was in fact their greatest betrayal of their people.

The similarities are kind of striking.

Posted by: kta.6502

kta.6502

-> Use leyline to locate the focal point and disruption it to make Modremoth show itselkittenhe couldn’t kill Mordremoth cuz she was killed by the heroes

Does this make sense to you? I’m not defying any theories out there cuz I’m not a hardcore gw lore follower so I might be missing something. But seeing a lot of people saying she’s corrupted doesn’t make sense to me. I mean she’s “corrupted” in a way, but more like “saw the truth and couldn’t accept it”. Thoughts?

I think the so-called “corruption” marks we see on her body in the last cutscene are related to the final fight (Scarlet vs. the PC heroes). We do know that it was our characters who injured her, and she was dying in the last cutscene. Our PCs performed a mercy killing instead of taking her to jail.

Posted by: kta.6502

kta.6502

I’m kinda worried that this was part of her plan, and she merged with the dragon to it over (Snaff style).

That would ruin the story for now me as much as the Living Story did back when I still enjoyed the story.

It can always get worse…

I agree. I think Omadd was Inquest, and he recreated Snaff’s dragon-merging experiment. It’s no secret that many of Inquest’s studies are related to dragon corruption and energy. They’ve been trying to harness that energy for some time now.

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

I think Scarlet just wanted to destroy Tyria, after she saw what the DEVs have done to it with GW2.

Can’t blame her for that.

Posted by: Relair.1843

Relair.1843

As far as I can tell, Scarlet turned out to basically be The Illusive Man from Mass Effect.

Both of them were paragons of their species, easily mastering a wide and diverse range of skills and abilities. Both of them operated very much outside the norm, ignoring conventional wisdom and following their own path. Both had a moment in their past where they came into contact with something ancient and powerful which changed them forever. Both created powerful organizations that answered only to them through which they used others to achieve their goals. Both tried first to fight against, and then to control that thing they had previously encountered, before ultimately being subverted by it and used to achieve it’s ultimate goals. And both were ultimately put down by the hero after what they believed to be their greatest triumph, which was in fact their greatest betrayal of their people.

The similarities are kind of striking.

Whoa. When you put it like that I can definitely see the similarity. I still feel like a kitten for killing TIM, and now I do for Scarlet as well. Of course they do to try kill you over and over, but I kept hoping for both that you’d be able to sway them into becoming your ally eventually. They were fascinating characters and their respective game universes aren’t quite as interesting without them around.

Posted by: Frotee.2634

Frotee.2634

The interesting thing is: We heard in the second to last (I think) story update that scarlet pretty much only could have entered the depths of her own mind in Omadd’s machine, yet it appears that she entered Mordremoth’s dream (seeing as she did all this to wake him up) … this has interesting implications for the Sylvaris’ Dream

Polka will never die

Posted by: Sankofa Jimiyu.1567

Sankofa Jimiyu.1567

Here is one that I have been thinking about since the whole “Destiny’s Edge 2.0” theory has been making it’s rounds. People have said that the new generation of NPC heroes are coming together from different races like DE.
Was Ceara the last hero? The one who touched minds with a dragon and perishes because of it.

Scarlet’s final words to you can be taken both as a threat and a warning. The miasma was found to be dangerous, but not lethal. Scarlet was either going for Mordremoth as to be a Champion, or going to deal with him herself in the empty ruins of Lion’s Arch. She had everything she needed for both.
After we research more evidence left on the still intact Breachmaker we may find more answers, but Scarlet’s madness was a sad descent from her desire of having a free will of her own.

“Look like the innocent flower, but be the Obaba under’t.”

Posted by: Meriem.3504

Meriem.3504

World of Insanecraft all over again!