Servers that can get to fight Hologram?

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: kgptzac.8419

kgptzac.8419

I have been refusing to believe that guesting is required to get the most enjoyment out of Living Story events. I was wrong, and I’m asking players from servers that have a constant, good rate of winning the Knights event to drop a hint on which server I should guest to.

Thank you very much ArenaNet for the Living Bugs updates, and finally gating us more fun (ie, fighting the Hologram) behind the terrible Knights fight.

a shard of crystal in the desert.

Posted by: zMajc.4659

zMajc.4659

We have won every single out of 15-20 Knights + Scarlet events i was present on durring the weekend on Guestolation server …

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Guested to BG last night. Only got into main once but we downed them. Actually downed them once in an overflow last night too (at literally the last second).

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Posted by: Sardonia.8196

Sardonia.8196

I am on JQ but almost always are in an overflow, cept for last time last evening. However, I have only failed the knights once and the hologram once in all of those attempts. Just lucky getting good overflows I guess

Posted by: CrossedHorse.4261

CrossedHorse.4261

I am on AG – not a particularly highly populated server compared to some, but they get through consistently enough if you manage to not be on overflow. People also tend to be good a listening to what others are telling them (so newcomers are quick to understand about picking up the attunement buff etc), and there’s usually a good commander in the holo event to get the timing done for the final phase.

Posted by: Elrey.5472

Elrey.5472

I’d suggest Barcuh Bay if you speak spanish, otherwise don’t come because we are not using the normal strats that other servers use and english players will be really lost.

ES Wiki Sysop. Vanquiser of the Marionette, Lover of the Aetherpath.
Aens / Ellantriel / Nao To Mori / Saelyth. Commander
Guias de Raids en español / Spanish raiding guides

Posted by: Emtiarbi.3281

Emtiarbi.3281

Overflows are better than my server…

Anredhal Amethyst – Lain Amethyst – Orss Jerre

Posted by: LONGA.1652

LONGA.1652

Overflow are allright. just make sure the map chat is helpful before the knight is up 15 minute.

Posted by: bigtimetopbanana.9725

bigtimetopbanana.9725

I guested on Yak’s Bend yesterday and went through all the knights and hologram fights twice in a row. Thanks Yakkers.

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

Don’t bother guesting as all you will accomplish is end up in an overflow. And the residents of that server also getting pushed into overflows.

This entire event I may have seen my own server twice now thanks to everyone and their grandmother guesting to Desolation because ANet had to make these kneejerk changes to the fight.

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

Posted by: kgptzac.8419

kgptzac.8419

On overflow, i heard getting in an overflow while guesting in a high traffic server can still be a better choice than host server’s LA instance. Anyway thank you everyone for the input.

a shard of crystal in the desert.

Posted by: crystalpink.2487

crystalpink.2487

Overflow servers were doing much better than my home server last night simply because overflow had more participants and people/guests who know how to do knights properly.
They were able to down 1 or 2 knights often, and once they managed to kill hologram.

So, if your home server is unable to kill even one knight for more than 1 time because of not enough participants anymore, just guest to any full servers, such as BG or JQ.
Most likely, you will end up in a well-populated overflow that is able to, at least, kill one knight and get the 6 boxes.

This event is not doable with low participants anymore after the last patch, so it’s better to just stack to the well-populated ones.

Euphemia Hime (Elementalist), Pinky Pearl (Mesmer), Avicenia (Ranger), Vanille Morgana (Necromancer)
Chibi Asura San (Engineer), Hikaru Masai (Guardian), Selene Minerva (Revenant)
Guild: The Bunnies [Bun] ~ Server: Jade Quarry

Posted by: Moshari.8570

Moshari.8570

On overflow, i heard getting in an overflow while guesting in a high traffic server can still be a better choice than host server’s LA instance. Anyway thank you everyone for the input.

I agree with this and Crystal. Guesting to a high pop server and getting into overflow seems to put you into overflows with other people who are guesting to that high pop server first…so you end up with a bunch of people who are actually hoping to do the content.

I failed on my server 10 out of 10 times last week, finally guested on the weekend.

Guested saturday / sunday to Jade Quarry, succeeded 5 out of 5 times, once in main, 4 times in overflow…and the overflows were actually easier than the main (main had a lot of AFK’ers sitting by red).

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I’ve only gotten to the hologram on overflows but that is probably because the only time I can manage to get on my server is when there aren’t enough people around.