Six minutes to knightfall

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: ExiledDiclonius.1653

ExiledDiclonius.1653

Is this archivement even possible? Most of the time ppl are no able co complete this event even when whole map is doing it. And doing it in 6 minutes seems quite impossible at the moment.

Posted by: Pokecenter.3548

Pokecenter.3548

Ofc it is possible…do not ask me how. I can only speak for my server, i’ve done it twice and the second time was noticeable better.

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

I don’t know how this is possible, we took an entire map zerk and burned down blue in 2 mins 30-40seconds, I don’t see how this is possible, esp with the anti condi hate they pump out, so unless the entire map zerg is missing something major…

Posted by: Elrey.5472

Elrey.5472

Remeber Tequatl? at first nobody used to beat it, even if the people did it took like 14:50 minutes. Now Tequatl is killed and even 7-8 minutes are left.

This event focus on the same thing, it can be done but it needs extra pressure. It’s also hard if not everyone in lions arch is lvl 80.

ES Wiki Sysop. Vanquiser of the Marionette, Lover of the Aetherpath.
Aens / Ellantriel / Nao To Mori / Saelyth. Commander
Guias de Raids en español / Spanish raiding guides

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Remeber Tequatl? at first nobody used to beat it, even if the people did it took like 14:50 minutes. Now Tequatl is killed and even 7-8 minutes are left.

This event focus on the same thing, it can be done but it needs extra pressure. It’s also hard if not everyone in lions arch is lvl 80.

It took about 3 months to get that good at teq…

we have 13 days…

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

Ofc it is possible…do not ask me how. I can only speak for my server, i’ve done it twice and the second time was noticeable better.

You did it for real? As a guildie got the achievement when it was soooo very past the 6 min mark.

Posted by: Keneth.6490

Keneth.6490

The real problem is getting on your server to even try to do this. Because it sure as hell isn’t gonna happen on overflow. At least in the previous release you could zone fast enough to get to your own server. I’ve been hanging around LA all evening today and didn’t even get a chance to leave overflow.

Anet needs to stop making achievements which depend solely on the server you happen to be on and the competency of other people. That’s not an achievement, it’s just a lucky circumstance. Especially in the case of these temporary content updates.

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

The real problem is getting on your server to even try to do this. Because it sure as hell isn’t gonna happen on overflow. At least in the previous release you could zone fast enough to get to your own server. I’ve been hanging around LA all evening today and didn’t even get a chance to leave overflow.

I’ve been playing since shortly after the patch went live. I haven’t had a chance to get on my server either. To make matters worse, the overflows I’m on lose players over time, making it impossible to get anything done. When that happens, I have to either sit around in a barren overflow instance doing nothing for who knows how long until I might get a chance to travel to my main server, or log off and back on to get on a different overflow where I can at least play, but losing my place in the queue in the process.

Really, of all the overflow issues burdening down the LS events, this one takes the cake.

(edited by Manasa Devi.7958)

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

It’s possible. It’s just that everybody has to pitch in which is unlikely to happen in a random overflow.

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

You also have to know what to do and how to avoid the pulls to keep the max folk up to get the bosses down quickly. They have good signals as to when the pull will start and you have to get out of the way. That seems to be taking a lot of folk down, getting pulled in and then whacked again so the boss is surrounded by a ring of dead folk.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Well if people would evenly split up and not scale the bosses so much then perhaps you would beat all of them within six minutes.

Posted by: miriya.8496

miriya.8496

I’ve been hearing these bosses don’t scale.

Hish Tulla | 80 Necro | [STYX]

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

The problem why many of the battles I participated in so far fail cause of being too slow is mostly due to tons of lazy players, that are still after nearly 18 months so silly not to waypoint out instantly if they are totally dead.

They rather leech the event in the hope, that somebody just rezzes them and scale the whole event up with this.
I think its time, that anet finalyl does somethign against this kind of behavior, that of a dead player gets not rezzed by a player within say 10 seconds in events like thes,e that these dead players should get instantly warped to the next most nearby waypoint there is.

This way all of the dead corpses don’t scale up the difficulty, the place also becomes clearer to look at, cause of much lesser dead players beign everywhere in the ground.
The game would run smoother

Other factors why pee are to slow is:

1= Still way too many people playing in the event with complete useless Condi Spam Builds. Peopel should keep telling others in LA constantly, that playing a condi build chars currently is senseless, everyone should be playing now just Power/Crit Builds.
Conditions are just ineffective here, cause whenever you deal a condittion, it gets reflected back to you and conditions are with insane speed removed from the bosses and basically absorbed

• Underleveled/undergeared players, way too much of them, which reduces naturally also the overall DPS that you need to burn down the health of these bosses quickk enough
  • People not using Buff Food/Items and well coordinated summons to furthervincrease the DPS
Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Sobat.8650

Sobat.8650

Have everyone defend Trader’s Forum and buy Vigil Valiance

Posted by: Ravion Hawk.4736

Ravion Hawk.4736

“Defeat ALL THREE assault knights WITHIN six minutes after the event STARTS.”

You need three teams (one for each knight) attacking at the SAME time.

There is NO order to kill them in. I’ve watch almost every possible order work.

If a team can take one down in 2 minutes then that means if we work together in separate teams on each knight, we can take them ALL down in 2 minutes.

Overflows won’t work since they can not seem to coordinate properly and it is a clash of egos and everyone is stubborn and refuses to listen.

And the fix that A-Net needs about the rezing issue is that after 10 seconds of no active rezing, the dead player and players nearby in a certain radius ALL get teleported to the nearest WP. We are to work TOGETHER, not force everyone to WP when they die. If waypointing was free then I would agree that once you’re dead you should just WP, but I’m not about to force someone to waste their money because someone can’t take a moment to rez another player.

Head of the Order of the Iron Ravens [OoIR]
Lady Alexis Hawk – Main – Necromancer
Ravion Hawk – Warrior

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

Hawk, I agree with you up until your comment on WP. Indeed this is very doable and we’ve gotten close to a 6 min triple kill.

That said, if you’re Dead dead…WP back. If it automatically WPs you back, good. Seems Anet changed that for the better. A DPS drop from an actively alive player to rez a dead one (who is doing 0 DPS), is not smart.

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

It took about 3 months to get that good at teq…

we have 13 days…

We have like 5days max after that event will miss momentum and all hard achievement will not be done anymore…

Posted by: Unknownhero.6745

Unknownhero.6745

I was in an overflow this morning, and we did a 3 way split without much coordination or effort and managed to take them all down in about 9 mins. The next run I was in main, and tried to explain to the zerg, the logic of doing so. I thought the idea of running from knight to knight was wasting valuable minutes. I was immediately jumped on in chat by numerous people and called various names for even bringing the topic up. The rest of the day they zerg rolled it >.< and have yet to come close to 6 mins and I kept my mouth shut.
Post Edit… however, its only 5 achieve pts, the meta can be done with dailys anyway, zerging does mean extra loot… and two extra chances at knight power cores, so…hmmm

(edited by Unknownhero.6745)

Posted by: Fenrina.2954

Fenrina.2954

And the fix that A-Net needs about the rezing issue is that after 10 seconds of no active rezing, the dead player and players nearby in a certain radius ALL get teleported to the nearest WP. We are to work TOGETHER, not force everyone to WP when they die. If waypointing was free then I would agree that once you’re dead you should just WP, but I’m not about to force someone to waste their money because someone can’t take a moment to rez another player.

That is a very bad idea, and this event shows why. If a player is forced out of the holo fight, they cannot return, period. On top of that, it’s been quite common to get teleported directly into an attack and either be instantly downed or dead. And, it’s quite difficult to reach a person to revive them if they’re in the middle of one of scarred ground. It may be impossible to properly revive them until after the 10 seconds have passed.

Also, teleporting anyone who’s near the dead person? What happens if I’m close by due to trying to escape an attack? That’s actively harming the players who are trying to participate.

Edit:

I was in an overflow this morning, and we did a 3 way split without much coordination or effort and managed to take them all down in about 9 mins. The next run I was in main, and tried to explain to the zerg, the logic of doing so. I thought the idea of running from knight to knight was wasting valuable minutes. I was immediately jumped on in chat by numerous people and called various names for even bringing the topic up. The rest of the day they zerg rolled it >.< and have yet to come close to 6 mins and I kept my mouth shut.

One overflow I was in managed to beat all 3 in about 8 min by going from one to the other. I think it might be possible either way.

Posted by: Coldin.2840

Coldin.2840

Honestly, while I would like these events to have 3 groups spread out between the knights, it does seem like the best way for the player is zerg one at a time. You’ll probably miss this achievement, but in return you’ll get 3 chances at power cores, and you know you’ll face Scarlet with a full group.

Coldin – Thief – Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Honestly, while I would like these events to have 3 groups spread out between the knights, it does seem like the best way for the player is zerg one at a time. You’ll probably miss this achievement, but in return you’ll get 3 chances at power cores, and you know you’ll face Scarlet with a full group.

This is how we did got to Scarlet, and it’s guaranteed for that…not for the achievement sadly. We zerged each one with everybody on the map, and we finished the last one with 5 minutes and 38 seconds left on the clock.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Posted by: Coldin.2840

Coldin.2840

This is how we did got to Scarlet, and it’s guaranteed for that…not for the achievement sadly. We zerged each one with everybody on the map, and we finished the last one with 5 minutes and 38 seconds left on the clock.

That’s the thing, it’s much better to ensure you get to Scarlet than to try for the achievement. The loot is just too good to pass up.

Coldin – Thief – Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Valdemas.4960

Valdemas.4960

Got it after killing just one Assaulter in a bugged map, didn’t get a chance to fight scarlet, but I think it was worth it.
I HATE achievements where they force me to rely on the competence of people I don’t know and have little way to influence. All achis like that should be called “Got lucky”.

Vinita Rush, ZDs Officer

Posted by: Followedbyrocks.8751

Followedbyrocks.8751

I HATE achievements where they force me to rely on the competence of people I don’t know and have little way to influence. All achis like that should be called “Got lucky”.

This. These kinds of achievements are jokes and yet Anet insists on adding more with every patch. My personal achievements should be rewarded when I demonstrate my personal skill level. Not 150 other peoples’ combined skill. Not whether I get lucky with the overflow I am on. Not whether said 150 people can work together or not. Nothing other than what I personally do myself with my brain and my fingers on the keyboard!

Come on Anet. This is not fair. Please just get rid of dumb achievements like this. It was bad enough with the Wurm, I didn’t need another stupid triple threat fight with an annoying kill achievement so soon after.

Posted by: Thorquist.8126

Thorquist.8126

I’d love to see ANet streaming how they get the achiev, because I strongly doubt they’d ever get it.

Also, a bit of self-promotion, but for the sake of the players.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/escape/A-serious-request-Group-Achievements/first#post3714518

Posted by: Aarean.5398

Aarean.5398

This is bs people are getting it through bugs. I spent hours trying to get people organized on jq main and the best we got so far was 1 second off from getting achievemet. The boss fight needs to be tweaked due to the buggy scaling the bosses have. Some points the boss hp drop like its a veteran then other times it drops so unbearably slow..

Posted by: Kanto.1659

Kanto.1659

I can be done if all the zerg can be drilled into the current meta: kitten ranged damage. Each and every single person go melee.

That avoids the condition reflection from projectiles.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Good for your server getting it, but most people aren’t going to see their server again for two weeks. At least with the previous event there was the chance to jump into your server if you were fast enough. Now that LA doesn’t close there’s just no way.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Aarean.5398

Aarean.5398

We were 1 second off. And normally theres an opening to main server about 15 mins past the hour