So There Is This Island...

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: bllius.9027

bllius.9027

…southwest of Lion’s Arch

Sunny beaches.

Already gated.

Minor problem with the fauna, but a few exterminators can clear that up.

Seems like a nice place to set up a new city…

Posted by: inazuma.7021

inazuma.7021

You have any idea what the Consortium would charge for rent? No thanks.

Vhaewyn – Level 80 Sylvari Ranger
Dakka Warforge- Level 80 Charr Engineer
Xairro – Level 80 Asura Revenant

Posted by: Mondo.5029

Mondo.5029

Would be an interesting way to tie up Southsun’s inclusion in the Living Story Arch.

I believe they did say at some point that all the story lines would tie together in the end and we do not yet have a tie in for Southsun… unless its whole reason for existing was introducing us to Canach… which would be also be fine.

Still an interesting thought. We’ll have to wait and see what happens.
I don’t see it happening overnight though. Probably over the first few months of LS season 2.

Posted by: Otters.1567

Otters.1567

Southsun City, sounds kinda cool actually.

Buy a Pocket Otter, only 500G [Holy]

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

I like this idea.
It is a beautiful island and nobody goes there anymore. Making it the new hub would be awesome.
But what to do with the Karka? Not that I am against having a main city that is not completely safe, it would be really cool actually.

Maybe we could build a wall around a big area (bigger than the camps, I mean) and put guards on the entrances, so that they would keep the Karka away.

It would be a good way to make Canach useful, seeing how nobody knows that island like he does (according to Kiel).

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

Posted by: Aajolea.8132

Aajolea.8132

Make karka consortium shareholders (payable in crabs or dead pirate whatever) so they are then joint owners. (bet Noll steals this plan!)

Posted by: Underdark.3726

Underdark.3726

there is another island that after zhaitan’s death has kinda lost it’s purpose: Claw Island. What better place for refugees to run and in the end settle… it may be a little small but the people of Lion’s Arch are resourceful…

Posted by: zwierz.9012

zwierz.9012

Why not Orr then? Though personally I think if Mystic Toilet would be put in every city along with Mist Portals, and Fractals, then we could have 5 hubs instead of one. I think it might be nice and give new players good image, where they enter racial capital for the first time, and see a bustling city. On the other hand it could have opposite effect of dispersing the population…

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

there is another island that after zhaitan’s death has kinda lost it’s purpose: Claw Island. What better place for refugees to run and in the end settle… it may be a little small but the people of Lion’s Arch are resourceful…

Claw Island will always have its defensive purpose. Zhaitan was not the only enemy of Tyria.

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Claw Island should get reworked and become part of a new explorable map, the Sea of Sorrows-Map..

its stupid, that you can visit that island currently only with the personal story based on it ..
The world of GW2 should be 100% explorable, this includes Claw island too.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: The Ice Mage.4879

The Ice Mage.4879

Claw Island should get reworked and become part of a new explorable map, the Sea of Sorrows-Map..

its stupid, that you can visit that island currently only with the personal story based on it ..
The world of GW2 should be 100% explorable, this includes Claw island too.

Bring back access to the Labyrinthine Cliffs! :p

Posted by: JerekLo.5893

JerekLo.5893

Take me down to the Southsun City
Where the Karka are mean
And the girls are pretty
Oh, won’t you please take me home? Yeah, yeah!

Jerek Lo | Singh | Slagg Blackclaw | Wilhelm von Wilhelm | Viscerious
Sorrow’s Furnace
Kabal of the Righteous [Seed]

Posted by: Cliff.8679

Cliff.8679

Even without the karka, I have to imagine making the central hub city of Tyria out on an island in the middle of the ocean where the only method of traveling there is by asura gate or taking a seafaring vessel would be a very poor decision from an in-world perspective.

The terrain of the island itself isn’t conducive to building a large city, either.

Posted by: bllius.9027

bllius.9027

With Asuran gates, what difference does it make where you put a hub?

Posted by: Minos.5168

Minos.5168

Why not Orr then? Though personally I think if Mystic Toilet would be put in every city along with Mist Portals, and Fractals, then we could have 5 hubs instead of one. I think it might be nice and give new players good image, where they enter racial capital for the first time, and see a bustling city. On the other hand it could have opposite effect of dispersing the population…

If they put everything in all the racial capitals… Then hopefully they’ll add a decent LFG feature.

The best part of Lion’s Arch was being able to find a group for Fractals and such.

Posted by: Cliff.8679

Cliff.8679

If they put everything in all the racial capitals… Then hopefully they’ll add a decent LFG feature.

The best part of Lion’s Arch was being able to find a group for Fractals and such.

They added an LFG feature a while ago. Bring up your contact list and click on the Looking For Group tab. You can advertise your party or look for a party under a number of categories.

Posted by: Arvizal.8436

Arvizal.8436

Southsun City sounds like something out of Pokemon :p

Thief main since launch! – Ded Pixel – Maguuma – [SAS]

Posted by: NolanP.7604

NolanP.7604

Take me down to the Southsun City
Where the Karka are mean
And the girls are pretty
Oh, won’t you please take me home? Yeah, yeah!

I love you….

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

I’m down for Southsun City.

As for the karka, I’d like to see a giant wall built…like the one in the north in Game of Thrones. 700ft high!! No karka can breach it!!

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

Ain’t gonna play Southsun City.

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

As for the karka, I’d like to see a giant wall built…like the one in the north in Game of Thrones. 700ft high!! No karka can breach it!!

SUMMER IS COMING.

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

Posted by: Sungak Alkandenes.1369

Sungak Alkandenes.1369

Devs could always opt for a split:

Fractal entrance eventually moved to Southsun, since the Consortium owns both of these.

The remaining guild-only vendors (mostly the commendation one) and the activity access moved to the racial cities.

Rest stays at Vigil Keep, to be rebuilt elsewhere. Could possibly be rebuilt on the shore where the Nightmare Tower was.

“The Meta Game does not stop at the game. Ever.” — Me
I like to view MMOs through the lazy eye of a Systems Admin, and the critical eye of a
Project Manager. You’ve been warned. ;-)

Posted by: TottWriter.8591

TottWriter.8591

You mean like the one around the Dominion of Winds, which is already in the game? (As a lore-existing city, I mean.) Along with an established race who have given hints that they are considering opening up and engaging with the world again soon?

I mean, I’m no Tengu, but I would imagine the airships kinda put a kink in their whole: “This wall keeps everyone out” plan.

To buy character slots or not to buy character slots. That is the test of my restraint.