*Spoiler* comments and feedback

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Aajolea.8132

Aajolea.8132

After the marionette event and scarlets journal there was alot of speculation and hinted at lore reveals, now at the finale event i don’t really think we’ve learnt anymore of her motives from a character point of view, which is a disappointing having killed her.
I was really expecting a cutscene speech from her explaining it all now we were too late to stop her plan. But no, just ominous cut away of somewhere else in the world something woke. It felt deflating, as did the defeat of her. I was expecting a drill interior sequence of fights and final showdown in the instance. But there was more emphasis on Marjory nearly dying and no new lore.

Prior to the instance story bit there was the protracted holo fight which seemed more a fight with my cpu+ gpu than game mechanics. A crash there and earlier bugs on the champions, delayed reaching story and replacing expectation of story conclusion with frustrations that the game is not handling this episode well.

Also surprised at how un-iconic the reward for the event is, a mask that is worn briefly by her? why not a drill related item? or one based on her distinctive hair? or a lump of ruined lion statue.

In short for a finale of Scarlets demise if felt to me underwhelming and not really what i had anticipated from a year of build up and particularly recent episodes.

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Anasurimbor.5763

Anasurimbor.5763

But fan service! The cute couple and the kitty with the kawaii eyes!

I know that this sort of thing must not be aimed at me, the type of person who cringes when he sees someone use the word “shipped”, or blanches at the idea of poorly written fan fiction.

I just wish it were a bit meatier.

That said, I liked it quite a bit for what it was, and the end reveal cinematic was gorgeous.

Borlis Pass

Swedgin [FFT] – Norn Guard