**Spoilers*** I didn't want to...

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Zeno Iagara.8540

Zeno Iagara.8540

It’s true I didn’t want to kill Scarlett. I’ve stomped loads of stuff into mushy pulp, but I never felt that I was making a mistake like I did with Scarlett. The comment she made about Tyria bowing to a new master got me thinking, by killing her we have lost the best chance to fight the new dragon. She wasn’t saying it’s too late my master has risen, but by killing me you’re allowing the dragon to take over.

I don’t know, and we may never get a clear cut answer. All I know is that if I didn’t kill Scarlett it wouldn’t make a bit of difference to how things played out.

Posted by: Korossive.7085

Korossive.7085

My view;

Scarlet was at the heart of the poor plotted living story. This living story took all of the company’s resources (who still care). Taken resources did not fix bugs I so want kitten .

If A makes B makes C, then A makes C.

Scarlet caused bugs to remain.

- Stomp -

Posted by: Pipra.7580

Pipra.7580

My view;

Scarlet was at the heart of the poor plotted living story. This living story took all of the company’s resources (who still care). Taken resources did not fix bugs I so want kitten .

If A makes B makes C, then A makes C.

Scarlet caused bugs to remain.

- Stomp -

That’s a pretty myopic view. For me, and I’m sure there are others, the LS has kept me engaged in the game for far longer than I likely would have been just farming dungeons or doing WvW.

So, more players engaged for longer = more people spending money on the game. More people spending money on the game = more money for squashing bugs.

Therefore, I can counter your reply with the notion that Scarlet has led to there being fewer bugs in the game.*

*Yes, I know. I’m just making a point…

Posted by: Zeno Iagara.8540

Zeno Iagara.8540

I’ve been playing computer games since the ZX81 days, in all these years I’ve never bought a game that hasn’t had a bug of somekind in it. Pretty much up until the internet if the game had a bug you lived with it, only on extremely rare occasions would a publisher offer an exchange for a corrected version. So with bugs I’ve got the view that “can I live with it?”, and more often that not I can.

Yes, there have been some serious bugs that shouldn’t have made it onto the servers (Southsun Cove launch) and I, like you, have wondered what the puppy (don’t like cats) is ANet playing at. But most of the bugs I can live with.

I’m not giving excuses to ANet for the bugs, even if they are minor, don’t release it until it works.

I’ve enjoyed some of the LS, the stuff I’ve not enjoyed has been down to my prefered playstyle. Having had my head chewed off for not playing how others demand has kept me away from optional/enforced grouping events.

The story has been mixed, it has felt like it was written by several people each given a chapter and not really knowing what the others are writing, then rushing to merge the bits together. It gave the impression that it was being made up as it went along rather than being planned out.

In the UK we have numerous dialects, in Yorkshire we have a tendancy to cut words “he wasn’t here” becomes “he wan’t ’ere”, and “it isn’t in the box” becomes “t’int in box”. So with the dialogue I put anything that sounds odd down as dialect and let it pass.

Am I easily pleased? No, but I’m quite forgiving.