*Spoilers* MIND BLOWN right now! A++++ ANet

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: iStoked.4018

iStoked.4018

Seriously! I’m still picking my jaw up off the floor.

This has got to be the best LW update yet.. and I’m not just saying that because we all finally got to shut Scarlet up for good! The entire boss fight was perfect!! And the cutscene with Marjory and Kasmeer was beautiful (a couple tears rolled when they finally embraced each other, I’ll admit!) XD

I know not everyone will be as satisfied as I am with this conclusion, but I just wanted to post a positive thread recognizing the devs’ hard work The entire presentation of this update was just magnificent. AND THE LOOT! By the gods, I’ve never seen so many valuable things in my bags!

(and those Tormented weapons from Nightfall unffff…. Crystal Desert soon?? ;D )

“The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.”

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

Wait, what -? Kasmeer didn’t die?

>:|

(I can’t play yet)

Here’s hoping she trips over a quaggan and gets impaled by Rox’s horns by March 18

Posted by: CC Danicia.1394

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

Next

So excited with the Kas & Jory story. I’ve had that last scene of them as my desktop background for a while now, ever since I screencapped it on my first play through on Dev servers. swoon

And that battle is awesome!

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

(I can’t play yet)

Here’s hoping she trips over a quaggan and gets impaled by Rox’s horns by March 18

I want to know who died. Someone had to die.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I just came here to read what is suppose to happen while waiting and standing around in LA. Bored to death right now.

Posted by: VitalSuit.1980

VitalSuit.1980

(I can’t play yet)

Scarlet, that’s it.

Posted by: DavyMcB.1603

DavyMcB.1603

Now, if you change the Kas&Jory to some other male-male action…. oh joy, I can’t imagine what would happen lol

Posted by: elfycara.1572

elfycara.1572

I was really pleased with this. I hung about in LA for about half an hour at first wondering what to do but it was well worth the wait once I finally got onto that airship.

The instance scene with Kas and Jory was pretty cute as well as Rox and Braham.

I’m super excited for the next living story arc

Posted by: wookiee.4631

wookiee.4631

I’m pretty satisfied, but I wish we had a follow up instance after the final instance. Right now there’s no certainty about what was shown in the ending cinematic. I mean, I know that’s it’s heavily implied, but still. Taimi mentions the Dead End, but there’s nothing there. Do we really have to wait another 2 weeks to have a short wrap-up instance?

Guild: Northern Wolf Clan [WOLF]

Posted by: inazuma.7021

inazuma.7021

(I can’t play yet)

Scarlet, that’s it.

Marjory came pretty close, but thankfully Rox is a good battlefield medic.

Oh and Braham broke his leg. Let’s all sign his cast!

Vhaewyn – Level 80 Sylvari Ranger
Dakka Warforge- Level 80 Charr Engineer
Xairro – Level 80 Asura Revenant

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

You are pretty easily impressed.

A) Kasmeer & Marjory was pretty cheesy as before. If that’s what they were going for, great. Success.

B) Loot was alright, lesser vision crystal saves me a few jumping puzzles and skillpoints, I guess.

C) Selling Tormented weapons on the store just makes me angry that there’s no way to get them besides random. It’s a slap on the face for any GW1 veterans who had them and loved them.

D) Event itself has potential but I’m already stupefied how dumbly people are playing. Red knight has 100+ people on it while green has 10. No chance to make it into the next phase. Hopefully will improve with time.

E) Who was E?

F) Also, one positive thing – I liked how they put a portal there to access the ending in case people didn’t feel like zerging or just can’t finish the events and just want to see what happens.

By the way, is there supposed to be something else after you escape the ship and see the cinematic? It seems like the whole thing just ends abruptly.

(edited by Traveller.7496)

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

The story good, the gameplay…. WTF

I am sorry, but i actually dozed off in the massive holographic zerg fight.
While i was expecting that, it was actually worse then i thought. No challenge, no rhyme or reason. No introduction. Just here have some gamemechanics and have them zerg away for an hour…

Okay, to be fair, there are some really nice mechanics there, but not for mass players…
Seriously, These were great dungeon bosses. But here they were just damage sponges.

Awesome Cinematics I liked the camera work in engine and for the cinematic… nothing to add here. Thumbs up, etc…

Story was… unexplained… seriously.. thats it? We as players know what is coming… new ED, but the people of Tyria again get now answers… they even tell her to shut up…
Good grief.
The couples kiss, someone is injured and yeah… i hoped for more…
It was well done. Some light hearted but predictable bad implemented extra “drama”, which was okay, given the mediums limitations (okay, here the camera was bad. Her shockwave was kinda odd… suddenly all were injured.. okay?), but otherwise…
In the end the only thing we as players got was just the big reveal in the cinematic.

Sidestorywise Not much actually. We got Ellen staying out of the way… okay… sure.. Heal-O-Tron saving our butts in battle which was awesome and Magnus staying around. Oh and Taimi, showing some kind of emotions as we talk to her after the fight…
Otherwise not much has changed as far as i know off… kinda disapointed.

The loot.. great, i think. Got nothing awesome, but i can work on my ascended armor now a bit with the lesser vison chrystals. Otherwise most went to the venodor ot getting escavated… in the end two gold and a nice mask…
I see potential here for people who stay with the event..

Replayability? I honestly am not in the mood to go brain afk for another hour. Seriously the payoff isnt nearly enough for me, to do so… It is easier and more stimulating to do everything else.

In the end i can say it was a nice one time experience for me.
Putting Scarlet down was satisfying, even though they could have seriously revealed that “twist” a lot earlier… so yeah, new ED. whoopdidu… next…

Posted by: EverythingXen.1835

EverythingXen.1835

(I can’t play yet)

Scarlet, that’s it.

kitten , I was really hoping for a nasty Mord corruption into one of his Champions for her… will totally subsumed and turned into a brainless follower.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I have to say I was quite impressed with that final Cut Scene, it may be my favorite one so far. I LOVED the art.

The story ended pretty well too, I don’t know why the heros told Scarlet to shut up though, you’d think they would be curious about why she did it too… I would have liked some more answers.

The holographic fight was very well done imo. It had a lengthy timer to give people time to figure it out, but it had some decent mechanics and split people up.

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Man the dataminers where almost 100% correct

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Why you kill Scarlet??? She was the best thing to happen in GW2!!!

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

Why you kill Scarlet??? She was the best thing to happen in GW2!!!

Her death then only served to make it the better thing in GW2

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

C) Selling Tormented weapons on the store just makes me angry that there’s no way to get them besides random. It’s a slap on the face for any GW1 veterans who had them and loved them.

Buy them from the TP?

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

Buy them from the TP?

yayaya farm gold till you fall flat on your face!!! awesome rewarding gameplay!!

/sarcasm off

get real. Stop with this nonsense “buy from TP”… ya farm gold ok, i dont really feel like doing endless and mindless zerg trains to earn something.

Make it rewarding by actual skill. my 3 year old can farm champ zerg trains and eventually buy something off TP. Stop acting like this makes it OK. It doesn’t change the fact that anet only plans to add skins and what not through gem store

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

Buy them from the TP?

yayaya farm gold till you fall flat on your face!!! awesome rewarding gameplay!!

/sarcasm off

get real. Stop with this nonsense “buy from TP”… ya farm gold ok, i dont really feel like doing endless and mindless zerg trains to earn something.

These weapons will probably be 50-70g while they cost 1 ticket. That’s farming ‘til you fall on your face? If you can only make 70g from champion trains I question your quality of gameplay. What are you, AFKing in Lion’s Keep?

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

kitten, Anet! I sniffled a bit, grinned in a stupid happy manner at Kasmeer & Marjory (yes, it was another SQUEEE! moment for me), and was quite generally quite happy with the demise of the annoying cabbage. Yay! and ding dong the witch is dead, and all that. Unfortunately, in the process, it looks like we broke the world*. Sorry, Tyria! I’m sure we can all make it up to you.

I’ll note now that I have mostly enjoyed this experience. I’m rather looking forward to the next patch for the wrap party.

*Possibly something of an exaggeration. Still, look on the bright side. It looks like dragons again!

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Ok we killed the 3 legendary champs, and now we just stand around doing what?

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

So, anet, to see this fantastic ending, you have to do a boss fight you know hardly anyone likes? Thanks.

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

I would love to do the story but we have to completely this stupid event first which is nigh impossible on overflows.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Amethyst Lure.5624

Amethyst Lure.5624

Just in an attempt to help, you can actually skip some of the events if just doing the story finale is your thing. There is a teleporter thingy that allows it, though… I am unsure if it has a prerequisite or if you just have to find it. (As I’d done some stuff first)

Ceridwen.6703

Just in an attempt to help, you can actually skip some of the events if just doing the story finale is your thing. There is a teleporter thingy that allows it, though… I am unsure if it has a prerequisite or if you just have to find it. (As I’d done some stuff first)

You have to have at least the exotic version of the spinal blades backpiece equipped.

EDIT! Apparently this may not be correct as indicated further down the page. Apologies for any confusion!

(edited by Ceridwen.6703)

Posted by: WendyB.1650

WendyB.1650

WOULD BE NICE IF WE CAN EVEN GET TO IT! BUGGED twice on us so far. Wasting my time.

Ceridwen.6703

So excited with the Kas & Jory story. I’ve had that last scene of them as my desktop background for a while now, ever since I screencapped it on my first play through on Dev servers. swoon

What got me was the look on Kasmeer’s face when she thought Marjory was dead. Those eyes! If I’d been alone in the house I might actually have howled! Great job on the face animations, really great job.

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

Buy them from the TP?

/sarcasm off

Make it rewarding by actual skill. my 3 year old can farm champ zerg trains and eventually buy something off TP. Stop acting like this makes it OK. It doesn’t change the fact that anet only plans to add skins and what not through gem store

lol seriously?

If they go anything like the Lovestruck it’s like ~70g per weapon, you seriously can’t make 70g? Actually that’s like a week of casual dungeon running at most…

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

Posted by: Lankybird.8149

Lankybird.8149

Well I liked the story a lot. I came and went so I missed some of the early stuff, came back in time to get hooked back up I like the living story great job on content and keeping PVE interesting. Always fun stuff to do and get really amazing work. Excited for PVP PATCH THIS SPRING/SUMMER too! So much content update it is crazy to even keep up with amazing work.

Posted by: Woody.8492

Woody.8492

Sadly Anet have choosen the path of easy end. An explanation of all of this chaos from Scarlett herself would have been nice to see as cinematic, this was the only thing I was looking for and it was skipped.. Still wondering what the Aetherblades were supposed to ‘claim’ for her in EoTM too…
Too many questions not answered ingame to really say this arc is ‘ended’ in my opinion.

I’m afraid that in 2 weeks we will see Scarlett’s army disappearing forever as if nothing never happened, with some parts of the drill on the floor..
:-/

Posted by: CaptainVanguard.4925

CaptainVanguard.4925

Can I say, I loved that ending with all of my heart, it was all that Scarlet deserved, we finally got to deliver the finishing blow this time ourselves to a final boss, and while I do admit we could have had a little more of a “personal” battle with her for the final fight, the idea of finishing her worked just as well.

I would like to congratulate A-net for that amazing animation of Jory X Kas, and hope to see more animations on par with it in future using the in game engine, that was truly a hard amount of work from you guys.

The ending with scarlet? The art work, amazing, the ending fight? Hard, but forgiving, which is just how all future fights should be.

I loved it, I loved it, I loved it, I loved it and I loved it.

Thank, you.

I have had my doubts on this road this was going to end anti-climatically, and while it didn’t end with some epic final one to one with scarlet which would have equally been awesome, again, the idea of actually finishing her while shes down, I think a lot of angry players longed for that moment.

So thank you, also, I’m glad she wasn’t some “redeemable” antagonist in the end, the sadistic lunatic plant was awesome to the very end, finally, we get a satisfying resolution, this, this is what I want more of.

Voice acting, writing, solid graphics design, this was what I paid thousands of gems to see more of, to see more epic encounters, more personal conflicts, this, is what makes GW what it was.

And remember folks, just like all GW battles, in the end, the final battle was solo able, which is, really, what the core of GW1 really was, the fact you could do 90% of the game on your own.

For those that haven’t been paying attention, the franchise leaned that way since its first game.

Either way, loved it, really, I loved it.

Posted by: bokkieskitten.8023

bokkieskitten.8023

I’m sorry, but as someone who writes (and rather well I am told) for Roleplay D&D based MUDs as well as my own entertainment…… I am disappointed in their story. It felt forced and rather cliche. 4/10 would not bother watching/reading ever again.

EDIT: Also, Kas’ hiccuping was OVERLY annoying! Was that suppose to be some anxiety thing? Because if it was, I have anxiety and that is just,… ridiculous.. thanks for giving the childish-whinybaby character a serious disorder and in turn making it laughable. rolls eyes I am not amused.

Her Majesty Lillium Honeybuns, Queen of IoJ[BUNS]
Companion of Starlight Honeybuns.
You stole me, and I stole you.

(edited by bokkieskitten.8023)

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

Sockpuppets aside why is there no skip scene for the lesbian scene? Or is the reward for pushing 2 on scarlet one time only.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

Posted by: MacKela.7024

MacKela.7024

I completed “Scarlet’s Demise”, haven’t yet managed to kill the knights (that kitten blue one likes to reset it’s health) and I wasn’t very impressed.

I thought the painted ending cutscene was quite nice, everything else, not so much.
The cutscene with Scarlet was unintentionally funny though; Braham gets hurt, Marjory almost dies and my character just stands there with a deadpan look on his face while adjusting his gloves.

Fighting against Scarlet was pretty anticlimatic (Understandable with her being injured). She just threw some bombs while Barbie was trying to make herself useful and twenty seconds later you impaled Scarlet (Or dropped a cow on her or something).

After the fight everyone magically recover from their injuries and prance out of the instance to get some decent loot and a silly helmet skin which I instantly deleted, because I have no bank space to spare.

And afterwards as I went back to make something to eat I thought to myself; What was the point of my character being there? I got to “kill” Scarlet sure, but once again I was just a hypercompetent sidekick to more important characters. And now that Scarlet is dead, I no longer get any more Tara Strong goodness.

Also the dialogue was god awful and we got some more forced romance.

All in all pretty decent by GW2 standards hoping for more permanent content and new interesting areas to explore with my friends in the future.

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

I would like to congratulate A-net for that amazing animation of Jory X Kas, and hope to see more animations on par with it in future using the in game engine, that was truly a hard amount of work from you guys.

I was watching my gf play the sims yesterday… they looked just like in that game. I actually could not stop laughing…
well… now i know what i will try to recreate there

Posted by: RainbowSyrup.4130

RainbowSyrup.4130

dat kiss.. DAT. KISS.

Attachments:

’’I’m sad hanar can’t wear sweaters’’
-Grunt

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

Well that was unexpected, only a matter of time before the haters get on, good job anet, good job indeed, kinda interested to see where this is going now, hopefully to an entirely new part of the game word.

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

I seriously cannot tell if you’re honestly happy or just very sarcastic.

Hopefully someone will take a screencap of Kasmeer’s face there, it was quite scary.

Posted by: Trashman.8596

Trashman.8596

Well that was unexpected, only a matter of time before the haters get on, good job anet, good job indeed, kinda interested to see where this is going now, hopefully to an entirely new part of the game word.

We play the game too

Venkas
Ehmry Bay/Haven Community
A Commander sometimes

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

This LS would have been good had it not been watered down so much.

Posted by: JayMack.8295

JayMack.8295

You have to have at least the exotic version of the spinal blades backpiece equipped.

This isn’t entirely true.

You can get in there with the Spinal Blade Pack (the blue one) ’cause I did. The exotic one is just for the achievement by the looks of things.

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

Why do people have to blindly love this content? Why is it wrong for some people to recognize how bad the story is? Why can’t they point out why it’s bad in the hopes that it doesn’t happen again? I loved the story in GW1. GW2 (especially LS) has been a train wreck.
Have to agree with bokkieskitten. The “Kas & Jory story” was hardly even a story. It was a collection of flirting, shoehorned sexual innuendo, token “so much emotion” exposition & petnames.. There is nothing to actual relationship that merits praise. I don’t see why people are “blown away” by it.

(edited by DarksunG.9537)

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Not really all that thrilled that you have to rely on an overflow in some cases to get to the end of a culmination of a year’s worth of story. I loved the Liadri fight, and the Teq. Fight and the Marionette and the Wurm, but those were not required to see the end of the LS. Fairly disappointed this content took that direction. I really like the mechanics of the fights with the mini marionette ladies, but I have done this thing three times now and 1 time my map took down all three with time to spare and I was still not allowed to go in.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I liked that last instance and it was interesting how scarlet’s fight was a battle against downed skills. XD It’s a shame she didn’t get to explain herself though. Also, so much animation on the jory cutscene. ;o Need a big personal story xpan with cutscenes like these. ;x

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

What was the reason behind Scarlet’s mad desire to destroy Tyria through the awakening of new dragon(s) What was she gaining from all this?

What was she offering to all those bad guys – aethebaldes, moltens, kreits, etc – so they help her to form an army?

Where did Scalet find the funding for building such Mega Structures" Marionete, The Drill, The Airships, The Watch knights, etc.

Where was Logan? Where where all other icons? Why Queen Jennah is not present? or other leaders for that matter: Trehane, Mother Tree,

Who and where is Mr. E?

What happened to Cannah and The Consotium?

Posted by: Lol Lol Lol Guy.1976

Lol Lol Lol Guy.1976

Wait where did Marjory or Kasmeer kiss? I didn’t see that at all..I did skip and go straight through the portal though to Scarlet’s End.. (also fyi i think the Kas X Jory story is incredibly stupid and INCREDIBLY shoehorned in but i want to make sure I’m not missing out on story.)

Posted by: Shinzan.2908

Shinzan.2908

Bugs aside, yea the last two living story updates were good. Scarlet still sucks but I’m glad she ended leading into something cool, now that she’s out of the way I look forward to what’s next.

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

That wasn’t a romance. It was just sexual. There was almost no actual romantic interaction other then petnames & “I care about you baby” dialog. At least Koss & Melonni actually had sexual tension denial, dealing with pride, conflict & acceptance. Romance isn’t just two people who like to do it, it’s complex. all this “what a great love story”… I have no idea what it’s based on.

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: bokkieskitten.8023

bokkieskitten.8023

That wasn’t a romance. It was just sexual. There was almost no actual romantic interaction other then petnames & “I care about you baby” dialog. At least Koss & Melonni actually had sexual tension denial, dealing with pride, conflict & acceptance. Romance isn’t just two people who like to do it, it’s complex. all this “what a great love story”… I have no idea what it’s based on.

Here here! Indeed. I’m willing to bet a few of the people who are falling all over it are only looking at the aspect that it is a same gender relationship. There is to be praise about that and that is alright, BUT; it was poorly written and so forced that it doesn’t deserve being called a great love story. Because as you and others have stated, it wasn’t some romantic love, it was forced sexual.. lust in my thinking.

It makes me sad, as someone who writes for the love of it.
And please, let me stress to everyone else. I didn’t like it because it lacked real depth, it had nothing to do with it being two women. My character is a woman(I’m a woman), Mister Buns’ (My male other half) character is a woman and I write stories about their life and adventures… they are two women, married. But.. it’s normal. None of my stuff is forced and tossed into a shoehorn of lust and watered down petnames.

Her Majesty Lillium Honeybuns, Queen of IoJ[BUNS]
Companion of Starlight Honeybuns.
You stole me, and I stole you.

(edited by Moderator)