*Spoilers* MIND BLOWN right now! A++++ ANet

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

My initial response after actually getting to fight up on the drill/ship was:

“Holy kitten, that was epic as kitten!!!”

Very well done fight! It wasn’t unreasonably hard, but had the feeling like it COULD fail. The music was perfect for the fight! It was a little chaotic (which added to the feeling!) but it was good that you gave verbal cues and some written instructions in the corner to help figure it out. The knights were hard enough that people fail if the don’t time the mechanics right, but easy enough to learn after 1-2 times so that success can be had!

This really felt like an epic fight that was challenging enough to make me want to do it again (I stuck with it and was on BG for the first wurm kill, so I like challenge), but not so hard that most servers just give up on it.

Now remake the Zhaitan fight to be something like this if you get a chance!!

Edit: The only thing I would have liked was a little more explanation from Scarlet, rather than just Braham saying “Screw your reasons, you’re dead”

Also, I loved the spike sticking out of her in the end cinematic. If only my dancing Quaggans could have still been in that art-cut ;P.

(edited by BlackBeard.2873)

Posted by: Fenrina.2954

Fenrina.2954

Hang on does this mean you have to wear a spinal backpiece to do the finale and get an achievement?

No. You need the backpiece to access the backdoor to the final area, but you don’t need it to finish the story. Going through with the Assault Knights will also let you reach there.

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

BTW. I told you Lion’s Arch will be gone, destroyed completely and forever, and you didn’t believe. Yeah, they can rebuild it there… if they wanna have it underwater

Posted by: sasoriaka.6348

sasoriaka.6348

I just finished the finale and I gotta say that was pretty epic. As previously mentioned, not much of a challenge but the epicness was all over the place. It is really entertaining to watch a few hundred players coordinate their movements on that “drill-ship” and trying to figure out stuff.

The ending was amazing in my opinion. Looking forward to the next season. I personnally never liked the living story because I though it was completely pointless and boring but I gotta admit that this finale was “grandiose” and worth every minute spent on it. Kinda regretting that I didn’t participate in previous events.

The only thing that disappointed me is the skin that you get at the very end. Come on. That helmet is so ugly. Nobody is ever going to wear it.

Nevetheless, I have never felt so heroic as tonight.

ANet, “bravo”.

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

I’m amused that Braham simply said what was SUPPOSEDLY what so many fans were thinking throughout the entire story arc.

“We don’t give a kitten about Scarlet’s reasoning! Just kill her and get on it with A.net!!!”

Well, be careful what you ask for, I guess.

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

All I’m going to say is Braham you’re lucky to have Rox dude. She’s the only team player trying to keep everyone up when you’re down. I love when Rox comes to my rescue d-(^.^)z

Pineapples

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

All I’m going to say is Braham you’re lucky to have Rox dude. She’s the only team player trying to keep everyone up when you’re down. I love when Rox comes to my rescue d-(^.^)z

Rangers are helpful like that. But I gotta wag my finger at Rox about one thing… clearly she doesn’t run with “Search and Rescue!”… for shame, girl.

Posted by: dronzer.8392

dronzer.8392

epicness was all over the place.

Agreed, for the first time since the Molten Facility final boss, this finale felt like a world changer, great delivery in the story for these last chapters, thoroughly enjoyed it!!

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

Sorry but I am going to add in here I thought it was terrible. I had become sucked into the last few living stories. After a slow start it had started to pick up. The story itself was ok I guess but the happy ending is so over done. Just had to get that kiss in there for fan service.

Few points here:
If you have a backpack you can skip to the end, I went in there not knowing anything and scarlet starts to go on about how she’s hurt and weakened….made no sense at all, at the time.

Secondly, Scarlet offers up a reason. Granted it might not have been a good one, but who knows. We’ll never know because Bro-ham tells her to shut-up. Well guess what Bro-ham? I wanted to know her reason.

Where is Taimi? She sat outside the last patch, and apparently this one as well? What was the point of adding her if she sits on the side lines all the time?

The kiss…I understand. Many player love the couple. They want to see them together, happy, etc. She gets hurt, and might be dead but Rox the super medic saves everyone with magic or something.

You know what might have been more interesting? Jory’s death. Kasmeer is already sheltered enough as it is, that she has a hard time dealing with her fathers death. This might have pushed her over the edge, made her a darker character. Set her on a path of vengeance. Something.

You want the kiss in there? Awesome. Jory dies, and kasmeer gives her a kiss and says something like “I never told her how I felt” or something along those lines. Make it feel like a real loss. Instead, she opens her eyes, and Kasmer is relieved and all’s well that ends well.

Sorry guess it’s too care bear for me. I feel like there were more interesting angels. This just isn’t one of them for me. I imagine a good deal of the community loves it.

The patch in general feels lack luster. Maybe I was expecting too much, but it felt cheap. Dropping a giant snow globe on scarlet’s head wasn’t even all that satisfying. The hologram fight was probably the best part? Maybe. I think I am 3 or 4 achievements from the meta already and hardly did anything. Seems like we wait 2 weeks for 1 days worth of content. I really hope there are bigger plans for the future. :/

Sorry AN just didn’t enjoy it this time around.

Edit: I did want to add that I liked the ending cinematic. Scarlet’s dead body with wicked smile was a nice touch, the wakening of a dragon was also nice. So the cut scenes were done fairly well. Kasmer’s eyes looked funny, but otherwise very nice.

(edited by KOPPER.1458)

Brutalistik.6473

Even if Scarlet live through this battle. The dragon would of killed her anyway just like any crazy summoner that wishes to awake something that shouldn’t be awaken. We all know that story by now.

Pineapples

Posted by: Nunna.6413

Nunna.6413

I don’t know how to feel about scarlet now :/ she bring all this epicness to tyria, yet she killed so many people and i feel sorry for her, even when she was dying our hero seems to look and act like a kitten bag, bullying her like that. no wonder she’s gone mental. i will raise my glass to remember her and to all the fallen beloved characters. (little raisin) .. sniff .. may they all rest in peace. this 2 patch back to back is very emotional for me.
still can’t feel kas and jory chemistry. all the conversation between them feels too awkward.
Taimi .. after i kill scarlet, went to the camp, and she act like she didn’t know anything and end up asking me a lot of questions. what is up with that? i thought she is supposed to play a big part in this update.

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

I’m going to miss Scarlet. I wish we could have arrested her instead and have her rambling in a cell somewhere. It would have been fun to visit her. She wouldn’t be a major player in the LS anymore, but she could have offered some clues about the dragon for LS 2.

Posted by: Thayel.1236

Thayel.1236

The ending cut scene when it is twig stomping time was amazing. Jory and Kas were great and Rox and Braham were also great. Kitty stayed by her man, totally made my day. Remind me never to make Kas mad. Anet, you guys did a great job on this. Can’t wait to see the aftermath.

Posted by: who want blood.8765

who want blood.8765

can someone tell me….. what happened to captain Mai? is she still in the edge of the mists or did i miss something

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I’m going to miss Scarlet. I wish we could have arrested her instead and have her rambling in a cell somewhere. It would have been fun to visit her. She wouldn’t be a major player in the LS anymore, but she could have offered some clues about the dragon for LS 2.

Yes, sitting in a cell rambling on in anger and accidentally revealing where the Joker’s hiding.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Mickey Frogeater.1470

Mickey Frogeater.1470

Mai Trin is most likely standing by with the Aetherblades and Molten Alliance for orders from Modremoth and possibly Faolain(if the Nightmare Court does serve Modremoth) not to mention gathering Obelisk Shards as rewards for the Krait who need them to have direct access to their Prophets.

Modremoth has the biggest army of any Elder Dragon upon awakening(Jormag had only minions in the Shiverpeaks, Zhaitan had only the Dead of Orr, Kralkatorrik had no army and Primordus had the Destroyers) which says something on how big a threat he is.

Posted by: Kalarchis.8635

Kalarchis.8635

Modremoth has the biggest army of any Elder Dragon upon awakening(Jormag had only minions in the Shiverpeaks, Zhaitan had only the Dead of Orr, Kralkatorrik had no army and Primordus had the Destroyers) which says something on how big a threat he is.

Well hold on now. That army was Scarlet’s. There’s nothing to indicate that all of those forces are going to obey Mordremoth now that she’s dead. It’s doubtful any of them even knew about the dragon; likely they’re all going their separate ways after this.

Plus I’ll bet you Mordy has his own minions to make just like all the other dragons.

Posted by: who want blood.8765

who want blood.8765

thank you mickey frogeater.1470 for making that clear =] i didnt think i saw her since back then.
Also Anet you have become awesome at cutscenes, maybe make more for the current dungeons maybe :P these cutscenes show more depth than two characters on a screen

Mickey Frogeater.1470

Mai Trin was rescued by Scarlet for a reason so why shouldn’t the reason be to help lead Modremoth’s armies?

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

To people complaining about lack of Taimi.

A: She’s 11-13 years old. She explicitly states NOBODY is letting her near the city in the camp with the updated dialogue (And she asks you to confirm the refugees tales of destruction, and tells you to tell Scarlet that taimi will become more powerful then her, and will find her and make her pay). Also she and other npcs have added/change dialogue after you kill Scarlet.
B: SHE CAN’T WALK. At least, she can’t walk very far. That’s why she built Scruffy. That’s why in EOTM we gathered parts for Scruffy to be repaired. If Scruffy was to be disabled, damaged, or destroyed, she’d be stranded in the middle of hostiles with no issues slaughtering her.
C: She’s smart enough to understand point B, and is smart enough to stay far away from the Miasma (it’s still around, but not as heavy). Braham and the others wouldn’t stand for it either.

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

Well hold on now. That army was Scarlet’s. There’s nothing to indicate that all of those forces are going to obey Mordremoth now that she’s dead. It’s doubtful any of them even knew about the dragon; likely they’re all going their separate ways after this.

Plus I’ll bet you Mordy has his own minions to make just like all the other dragons.

Indeed. I don’t think Dragons care very much for offering the ‘carrot’ to their minions. It doesn’t appear that they want minions with much power for reasoning either (if the current Elder Dragons are any indication).

Mai Trin will likely withdraw her Aetherblades. It has been said already that they follow only out of fear. Out of all the factions, the Aetherblades have lost the least. They can still retreat to a new hide-out. It would be nice if they stayed as dynamic spawns in the world. Keeping Aetherblade (looting) events around would be nice. It would show they are still around (and can be used for later stories) and would give players blade shards.

The toxic Krait will likely die out. This faction of the Nightmare court may continue to serve Mordremoth though (depending on the direction they take with the nature of his corruption). The Dredge and Flame also have little reason to stick around. I doubt they would have any interest in serving a Dragon from whom they gain nothing except a life of servitude.

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

Posted by: Zayd Akira.1942

Zayd Akira.1942

So excited with the Kas & Jory story. I’ve had that last scene of them as my desktop background for a while now, ever since I screencapped it on my first play through on Dev servers. swoon

And that battle is awesome!

I’m really curious how you guys are gonna deal with the lesbian relationship with a shipping to China, i mean, they only just recently officially removed homosexuality from the list of mental disorders.
Not nearly enough time for most of the public to catch on and agree.

Posted by: Zayd Akira.1942

Zayd Akira.1942

Not really all that thrilled that you have to rely on an overflow in some cases to get to the end of a culmination of a year’s worth of story. I loved the Liadri fight, and the Teq. Fight and the Marionette and the Wurm, but those were not required to see the end of the LS. Fairly disappointed this content took that direction. I really like the mechanics of the fights with the mini marionette ladies, but I have done this thing three times now and 1 time my map took down all three with time to spare and I was still not allowed to go in.

you ahve to be attuned to all three colors, red, green, blue.
Theyre ussualy off to the side of the teleporter thingy, or at least they were for the red champion.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Indeed. I don’t think Dragons care very much for offering the ‘carrot’ to their minions. It doesn’t appear that they want minions with much power for reasoning either (if the current Elder Dragons are any indication).

Mai Trin will likely withdraw her Aetherblades. It has been said already that they follow only out of fear. Out of all the factions, the Aetherblades have lost the least. They can still retreat to a new hide-out. It would be nice if they stayed as dynamic spawns in the world. Keeping Aetherblade (looting) events around would be nice. It would show they are still around (and can be used for later stories) and would give players blade shards.

The toxic Krait will likely die out. This faction of the Nightmare court may continue to serve Mordremoth though (depending on the direction they take with the nature of his corruption). The Dredge and Flame also have little reason to stick around. I doubt they would have any interest in serving a Dragon from whom they gain nothing except a life of servitude.

Agreed.

The Aetherblades followed Scarlet out of a promise of power and loot. With Scarlet dead, Mai Trin is now back in control of the Aetherblades. She will probably wisely cut her losses, and take the remaining Aetherblades away to use their new technology to harass shipping and merchant caravans as all pirates have always done.

The Molten Alliance will probably fracture, with the Dredge and Flame Legion returning to their perspective factions with their new technology and/or magic. They may be punished for their initial desertion, or perhaps their new techniques will see them welcomed back. (I’m inclined to think that the Flame Legion will be less welcoming, however. They would not look kindly on “heretics” being gifted with their flame magic, or the shamans who gifted it to them.)

The Toxic Alliance is the only group who may possibly follow Mordremoth, or the Nightmare Court faction, anyway. It seems very doubtful that the Krait would see an Elder Dragon as their “prophet”, but any Toxic Krait who returned would likely be seen as apostates and be executed.

Mickey Frogeater.1470

The Dredge’s Moletariate(their leaders) decided on joining the Molten Alliance not the lower ranked Dredge so ’’they’’ are pretty much not going to be punished by their former superiors since they are the superiors.

The same might go for the Charr(who obviously plan on enslaving the Dredge and will blame Scarlet’s death on the fact that she’s a woman).

The Krait want to see their Prophets and so the Toxic Courtiers may inform them of Scarlet’s boss and how he will provide them with the Obelisk Shards needed to obtain direct access to their Prophets(Scarlet did say her boss was taking credit for her ideas) so at least the Toxic Alliance is likely still active.

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Just pleeeeeeeeeease do not add another teq experience. Boring

Posted by: Klonex.4562

Klonex.4562

It was amazing. My girl and i were excited to be in the final battle, and we were excited that Marjory Delaqua and Kasmeer Meade kissed…. Finally! cute couple and i’m glad that you didn’t kill them off.

~Krystal <3 Angela ~
~ I taught cows how to Moo! ~

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Seriously! I’m still picking my jaw up off the floor.

C) Selling Tormented weapons on the store just makes me angry that there’s no way to get them besides random. It’s a slap on the face for any GW1 veterans who had them and loved them.

Buy them from the TP?

yayaya farm gold till you fall flat on your face!!! awesome rewarding gameplay!!

/sarcasm off

get real. Stop with this nonsense “buy from TP”… ya farm gold ok, i dont really feel like doing endless and mindless zerg trains to earn something.

Make it rewarding by actual skill. my 3 year old can farm champ zerg trains and eventually buy something off TP. Stop acting like this makes it OK. It doesn’t change the fact that anet only plans to add skins and what not through gem store

So are you implying that these weapons should all be inexpensive? As far as I’m aware these were fairly prestigious weapons in GW1… that’s at least what others have told me. If anything I’d expect them to be significantly higher in price.

So, what do you propose as an alternative? Lol.

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

I guess it’s one of those things where you have to be gay to understand, like myself.

Do notice that people here didn’t criticize them for having a homosexual relationship. For my part the critique has always been about writing. It’s you who is taking it as lesbian relationship criticism.

Just give it time over the weekend and someone will complain about it. The relationship isn’t that apparent (up until now)

Well I guess it can’t be helped if people see it that way, since it was pretty easy to miss on a lot of conversations.

They actually DO have meaningful conversations in these last 2 patches, talking to each other as regular people, expressing interest for each others past, revelations of what it means to be with one another, how they wanna better themselves as people (actual quote) It’s not just sexual. I always stick around NPC-s to listen , and to me, there definitely is a progression in their relationship.

having a handful of conversations =/= relationship. And the conversions hardly explore emotional depth & are completely irrelevant to the story. it’s mostly mush. Whereas Koss & Melloni’s struggle literally informed what you did next & why & impacted them in different ways. Like I said, Koss & Melonni had a real romance complete with opposing story archs, struggle & actual exploration of some of the complexities of feelings. Ka&Ma is cute banter & token mushy exposition.

Mhenlo & Cynn were pretty funny. I loved how they presented the story just through idle animations of the henchies in the towns in EotN. & they didn’t shove it in your face. They had the proper place for them.

Say what you want, but people will always find something to complain

remember that applies to your complaints too.

I guess it’s one of those things where you have to be gay to understand, like myself.

Nah, there is a thread by a another gay gamer that recognized the poor quality of this “relationship”. If anything you should be appalled by the shoddy quality. What do you think of the Logan/Jenna relationship?

Thats what I am stating here, it’s poor because if they made it anything decent like an actual romance people would start sharpening their pitchforks stating ArenaNet is trying to push a political agenda for homosexuality. Instead ArenaNet did the best they could in regards to this relationship, lesbians and cheap romance with a kiss.

I can’t really complain about the quality of it because at least ArenaNet had the guts to make something related to homosexuality a primary part of a story rather than some small section of the game with references.

It’s just other people complaining about the quality of it, there’s a reason for it. You can’t easily make a gay romance love story without making a lot of people angry. As much as I hate to say it there’s still a lot of hate.

Actually, since they have now had TWO lesbian relationships to be in the spotlight, I DID kind of wonder if there was an agenda going on. One, no big deal. Two? Hm.

Like I said, if they want to do something “different,” they could have gone, say, interspecies. Quaggan/Skritt maybe? LOL!

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

Interracial friendship, a lesbian couple, a disabled girl that still gets stuff done…

This game is any hardcore right-wingers nightmare.

Whoa, hold on there. Unfair and uncool. Since when are right wingers against disabled people, or interracial relationships? That is so 1960s at least.

Gay and lesbians, yeah. Got a ways to go.

(I’m a moderate that leans hard right fiscally, slightly left socially. I couldnt care less about people’s sexuality as long as no one gets hurt and everyone are adults. Gay, groups, furries, whatever floats your boat. But I’m well aware what the average right-winger thinks of such things. But the disabled and interracial thing has gone the way of the dinosaur some time ago)

EDIT: I should explain why i reacted the way I did. I’m considered a right winger because of my view on most things, but socially I couldnt care less about many things, I have hispanic children, I’m disabled myself and work with disabled people, my ex wife is hindu, and have not fathomed why anyone would care about such things. The above comment I quoted kinda struck a nerve because of that. Sorry if it was too off topic.

(edited by Morfedel.4165)

Posted by: lorazcyk.8927

lorazcyk.8927

Pretty big pet peeve of mine to have women and/or lesbians used for fan service. Women are more than something to look at. You know this couple wouldn’t get as much screen/story time if they were two wrinkly old women or (gasp!) men.

There is no agenda, besides appealing to a certain audience. They might as well just reward players with their own lesbian couple henchmen that can be taken anywhere. They can kiss and fondle each other after every battle. Y A Y ! Profit!

I never know if I’m playing gw2 or second life, where every woman is a lesbian barbie doll.

I want my fan service, please, more sexy naked male sylvari kissing and fondling! Next story maybe?

Umm, also…

- In the future, can you make content more alt accessible (to characters under 80).

- I’m not getting any loot either, the only thing that would save this zerg madness.

- I try to rez as much as I can but most don’t. Most just yell at dead people to revive at waypoint. But waypoint costs money, so people don’t want to. Can you add a free waypoint? Actually why not just add one free waypoint in the middle of the map (LA). Then people will stop using WvW and PvP to get a free travel to LA.

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

That’s their problem. As long as they don’t make death threats, I don’t care what they think.

So excited with the Kas & Jory story. I’ve had that last scene of them as my desktop background for a while now, ever since I screencapped it on my first play through on Dev servers. swoon

I’m really curious how you guys are gonna deal with the lesbian relationship with a shipping to China, i mean, they only just recently officially removed homosexuality from the list of mental disorders.
Not nearly enough time for most of the public to catch on and agree.

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

I try to rez as much as I can but most don’t. Most just yell at dead people to revive at waypoint. But waypoint costs money, so people don’t want to. Can you add a free waypoint? Actually why not just add one free waypoint in the middle of the map (LA). Then people will stop using WvW and PvP to get a free travel to LA.

If the event wasn’t on a timer, people wouldn’t care and would likely rez those who flat-out died. We have 15 minutes to take out all three. Constantly rezing takes out a significant amount of DPS time and puts the rezzer at risk, which is why I don’t touch the dead, only the downed.

Posted by: Shinzan.2908

Shinzan.2908

I’m amused that Braham simply said what was SUPPOSEDLY what so many fans were thinking throughout the entire story arc.

“We don’t give a kitten about Scarlet’s reasoning! Just kill her and get on it with A.net!!!”

Well, be careful what you ask for, I guess.

I liked that part for that reason actually. Scarlet was an annoyance, wanted her to just shut up and go away, Braham said exactly what I was thinking.

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

I have never truly felt like a hero in the living story, that is until now. This updates quality is through the roof. slow claps

Funny you say this, I thought more that rather than being a hero I was surrounded my incompetent nincompoops. Seriously 2 of them almost die, the other 2 can’t even leave their side so I am left to actually do what they all should be doing?

Seriously though I liked this LS and the past few. I’m not one of those jaded players, I just think it’s funny you saw this as us being heroes. I think this was a good wrap up and I’m excited to see what comes.

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Overall, I didn’t like this update.

Story: Didn’t grab me in the beginning, and lost interest early on. Some generic relationship stuff happened. Best part was the cinematic featuring the rise of mordremoth, which was masterfully done. All in all, I’ll put this as “mordremoth’s prelude” and leave it at that.

Music: I loved the soundtrack for the fights with scarlet. They brought a nice feeling to the whole fight.

Gameplay: strongest part. I found the boss fight quite fun, especially since no one would tell me what to do and I had to kind of just figure it out on my own. The biggest hitch was the glitch where I was stuck floating in the air, which made me quite mad to learn that half the fight was to be spent endlessly falling and hoping for death.

Rewards: they’re fine I guess. I haven’t really paid attention to the rewards for most events lately, since I already have my ways of making money.

So, what is my biggest disappointment? The Kas/Jory scene. I found it uncomfortable and off-putting, and the whole thing just ruined the event for me. Normally I do the event once on every one of my characters, but that scene just ruins it for me.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

To be honest, I think personally my biggest problem is Braham – acting as ANet proxy – saying “we don’t want to know more”, as in, “we don’t have all the answers to give you so go away please”. I was like, the hell I don’t! I’ve been waiting for Scarlet to spill the beans for ages, but then Leroy Marjory and Ham-Boy here just go RAAAAARGH and I’m standing there fiddling with my gear. Great.

These new living story “main” characters have been IMO one of the blandest in the whole game. I haven’t been able to care about them like I cared about Malyck, Tybalt, Canach (all that buildup and he did nothing?) or maybe Evon. I would much rather stand up there with my party of friends instead NPC’s.

(edited by Traveller.7496)

Posted by: Cardon.4092

Cardon.4092

Interracial friendship, a lesbian couple, a disabled girl that still gets stuff done…

This game is any hardcore right-wingers nightmare.

Whoa, hold on there. Unfair and uncool. Since when are right wingers against disabled people, or interracial relationships? That is so 1960s at least.

Whoa, easy there. There was a reason I used the prefix ‘hardcore’, you know, if you would go by party colors, it would be infrared. Or just the 1960s you mentioned.
It was nothing more but a light jab at the social stance ANet is obviously making which I’m all for.

But yeah, I’m sorry, it was in poor taste, after all we know you can’t discuss
A) Politics
B) Religion
C) The Great Pumpkin

What I’m not sorry for is my stance on the Torment weapon skins :P People who used these with Chaos Gloves, FoW armor and Bandana still need a smack on the head.

Kalavier.1097

The Molten Alliance will probably fracture, with the Dredge and Flame Legion returning to their perspective factions with their new technology and/or magic. They may be punished for their initial desertion, or perhaps their new techniques will see them welcomed back. (I’m inclined to think that the Flame Legion will be less welcoming, however. They would not look kindly on “heretics” being gifted with their flame magic, or the shamans who gifted it to them.)

The Toxic Alliance is the only group who may possibly follow Mordremoth, or the Nightmare Court faction, anyway. It seems very doubtful that the Krait would see an Elder Dragon as their “prophet”, but any Toxic Krait who returned would likely be seen as apostates and be executed.

It’s actually been stated by Anet on these forums that Molten Alliance charr would be killed on sight bt the other Flame legion if they returned without some sort of AWESOME victory and rep.

Likewise, the same thing was said for the toxic Krait, other Krait would just plain murder them on site.

Brutalistik.6473

I’m not a fan of Majory or Kasmeer because Rox and Braham makes a better combo than them.

Go Team Roxham or Brox! <3!

Back on topic I don’t think the kiss was all that serious or something to be worked up about. If anything it shows that Kasmeer deeply loves her, but what about Majory? Is she just going along with the flow? who knows? Majory knows now Kasmeer has deep feelings for her and that’s about it.

Now if it was Rox kissing Braham the threads would probably be catastrophic, but you know what? That’s storytelling for ya surprising us on what might happen next.

Pineapples

Posted by: DusK.3849

DusK.3849

I thoroughly enjoyed the update. I feel it was a solid LW entry.

And some armchair writing experts here are making me lol pretty hard.

Like rock and metal remixes of video game music? Check out my site and get your headbang on!
Also, check out Hardcore Adventure Box: World 1, World 2, Lost Sessions
Main Character: Dathius Eventide | Say “hi” to the Tribulation Clouds for me. :)

Kalavier.1097

To be honest, I think personally my biggest problem is Braham – acting as ANet proxy – saying “we don’t want to know more”, as in, “we don’t have all the answers to give you so go away please”. I was like, the hell I don’t! I’ve been waiting for Scarlet to spill the beans for ages, but then Leroy Marjory and Ham-Boy here just go RAAAAARGH and I’m standing there fiddling with my gear. Great.

Given Scarlet’s history with voice commands, and teleporting out of danger, not giving herself time to monologue is the most reasonable course of action. You have all her ‘computers’ and panels right there anyway to review.

Besides, Braham GIVING her time to explain herself runs completely contrary to his character. As in the topic about “braham ruining it”, he’s a simple man. Bad guy causes problems, bad guy is right there, kill bad guy, problem solved.

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

I have to hand it to you, the way you said a while ago that a NPC is going to die really sold it to me. I didn’t breathe much until the last scene. Geez.

Well played, devs, well played. Give my regards to the team, and especially Kasmeer’s voice actress.

To be honest, I think personally my biggest problem is Braham – acting as ANet proxy

Not ANet’s proxy, our proxy. We whined and ranted and rambled about how we want nothing but Scarlet gone as soon as possible. So we kill her, without even giving her the trope-moment of explaining her plan.
Exactly what we wanted, then.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Posted by: Egon Vidar.9125

Egon Vidar.9125

Mixed feelings. Mostly pleased, but, well..

I was annoyed that the content launched bugged for several hours. I work QA for another game and.. that was pretty bad.

The knight fights were alright when they worked right. There’s an issue that causes the large orange aoes to not show frequently, I asked in map chat and several other people were having the same problem. They also don’t consistently drop boxes. It seems entirely random whether they will or not, which doesn’t make me very inclined to want to replay them. Between not being able to see when to dodge, playing an engineer as my main (everything is conditions) and their loot being wonky, it doesn’t really feel worth it for the armor repair fees.

I despise the clusterkitten that is the hologram fight, but that’s because I’m visually impaired and I couldn’t tell what the christ was going on in that zergy aoe lagged out mess. Not to mention, the large hologram puts flashing lights all over my screen and I fear that if I were epileptic it would’ve sent me right into a grand mal. It felt like I was at a really bad rave.

Regarding the couple, eh. You tried. As a non-heterosexual person it felt like I was being pandered to desperately, however. They’re cute and that’s about as deep as it goes. Marjory did manage to look heartwrenchingly pitiful at least.

There were also some awkward moments but it was mostly caused by animation and camera limitations, as well as Braham’s lines/voice acting striking me as unintentionally hilarious. Not sure. Maybe because he just sounded so unconcerned and unmoved, even with his leg being broken. There’s an issue when Trahearne, the guy who seems to have emotionally died somewhere back in Orr years ago and sounds like a British Microsoft Sam, emotes better than you.

With the stuff I didn’t like out of the way – bravo. It gave me actual joy to equip my toolkit, walk up to Scarlet, and beat her in the face with a wrench until she was dead. Screw stomping her. She deserved no less than having her head caved in, and it was immensely pleasing to oblige.

As I have four sylvari characters, I’m very, very excited about Mordremoth. And possible new zones opening up in Maguuma especially. I’ve honestly not been this excited about the game since its launch. I knew it was coming, I knew which dragon it was, but it’s still fantastic. I’m even excited that I’ll get to hear my character’s voice again. Hopefully, anyway. I know he can’t keep going on as a silent observer forever.

I also appreciated the extra console text for Engineers. Makes sense for the profession, and it soothed the pain, somewhat, of being stuck with rifle’s Hip Shot and Overcharged Shot alone for nearly the entire Knight battles (and horrible, god-forsaken people dropping fire walls that my bullets combo’d with and caused me to set myself on fire due to reflection)..

Oh, before I forget. Kinda related. Did not much care for Tormented weapons being put behind black lion tickets but I think the entire concept of black lion tickets is hideous anyway. I don’t want to feel special or anything just because I played GW1, I’m equally annoyed at Zodiac weapons being stuck that way, too. I’d just like to be able to open the gem store and just straight with gems buy a stupid chunky purple greatsword for my garish mesmer without the claim ticket BS getting in the way. That’s not going to result in me forking over cash for keys to open chests, it’s going to result in me shrugging and gathering mats for Vision of the Mists instead. I would’ve gladly bought a gemstore Tormented skin, in repayment for the sheer pleasure of being allowed to bash Scarlet’s Blighted head in.

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Loot is too good (srsly 6 champ boxes per knight?), story was ok, gameplay is just another mindless zergfest, and bl skins are very plain models with some effects on them.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Mickey Frogeater.1470

Now to ponder where the Living Story will go from here.

Here are possibilities:

1: Modremoth makes a huge attack on Tyria.

2: Primordus accidentally tunnels right into Scarlet’s Modremoth waking drill and gets enraged enough to tunnel above ground and attacks Lion’s Arch(does the place ever catch a break?).

3: Jormag invades Tyria.

4: Kralkatorrik attacks Ebonhawk.

5: Dhuum makes his move…

6: Deep Sea Elder Dragon attacks Tyria.

7: Menzies makes a move on Tyria…

8: Evon exploits the Fractals and summons an Alternate Abbadon(I believe ArenaNet has suggested that Evon’s interest in the fight between Abbadon and the Five Gods is religious). Nightfall ensues.

Posted by: Asukai.4507

Asukai.4507

The massive holographic zerg fight did surprise me the music for the Scarlet battle wasn’t good was it supposed to be sad? or just blah? that was a bit off for me but it almost made me feel sorry for her but seeing the holographic of Scarlet’s made me feel annoyed with her but having our own fight with Scarlet at the end was somewhat worth it so whatever she did we won’t find out until next update right?

The small hints of Rox and Braham was nice as for Kasmeer and Marjory I wasn’t expecting that so are we going to see black curtains in the future? so I wonder how LA is going to come back new or just forgotten? overall I guess this update wasn’t too bad

Carighan.6758

Loot is too good (srsly 6 champ boxes per knight?), story was ok, gameplay is just another mindless zergfest, and bl skins are very plain models with some effects on them.

Interesting, because I thought the fight was anything but a mindless zerg fight. Well the three big knights are, but the Prime Hologram? Scarlet? What about those are mindless fights?

(edit)
Or rather, what would make them not mindless fights in your opinion? Most PvP encounters I have feel less complex than the Prime Hologram. Not that it is complex (though leading it can be :P ), but it’s still a far cry from a simple 2-3-4 shot enemy in WvW or so.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I don’t get where the tormented weapons fit in. Of course them being behind the gemstore mechanic doesnt help either. For me it makes no sense to have them thrown in the game with this patch.

Carighan.6758

I don’t get where the tormented weapons fit in. Of course them being behind the gemstore mechanic doesnt help either. For me it makes no sense to have them thrown in the game with this patch.

That’s true. I love it when they actually fit, though I do think when a weapon set is current there needs to be some ingame way to get them, no matter how complex.
But for example the Sclerite weapons fit the patch. The Fused did. The Aetherblade ones did. Even the valentine weapons ofc did.

Still, absolutely minor issue, IMO. The quality of the Ls patches has genuinely skyrocketed the last few, and this one is a very very good example of how non-stupid raid combat can be done, how story-moments can be done without simple ability-spam fights, how NPCs can be placed so their dialogue isn’t lost, and how to generally pace everything (open zone, hourly bossfights).